Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 2042 (Senior)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 9, 2018, 19:58 Ozmodan

How is this illegal? Since when can't you buy and sell these. How is modifying them illegal? I hate Sony anyways, so I hope he wins his case!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2018, 19:57 Ozmodan

Intel is getting a lot of egg on their face for their bogus cpu claims. Best thing I can say if you see Principle Technologies doing any testing, just laugh.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 9, 2018, 13:29 Ozmodan

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 11:35:
El Pit wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 11:15:
For about 70% more money I expect 70% better performance! As I did with nvidia's RTX, by the way.

Why? There's always diminishing returns at the top. Always. In every single category of every single product.

If you want something bleedingly new and cutting edge, you're paying a premium for it. The performance per dollar is never in favor of the highest end products. Anywhere. Ever.

I feel like people on this site have kind of lost that. Like we used to know it - we used to look at the top end products and think about how cool the performance was but realize it wasn't made for us and it wasn't going to be something we'd buy - instead we'd buy something half the price and 75% the performance. But lately it seems like everyone here is demanding value from the highest tier products. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Granted,the top end is always pricey and in this case, unless you are running 4k gaming you probably don't need top end in most cases. But in this instance, the lower priced AMD products clearly are very competitive with the Intel's best, hence why even bother spending a lot more money for a few fractions performance increase?

One important note on the new Intel processors, they do not come with a cooler and they are well known to run hot, so you have to add on a decent cooler to the cost while the AMD competition comes with a very good one in the box.

You can use intel current motherboards, but you have to flash the bios, not something I like to do.

All in all a desparate attempt by Intel to stall. Going to get really desparate when AMD releases their 7nm line.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2018, 08:18 Ozmodan

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 07:46:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 07:40:
What a riot. Newegg hes this on sale for the same price as a good X470 board, R7 2700 and a 3200mhz 16GB kit of RAM.

Yeah, but then you have an AMD.

Yeah, but testers have all found heating issues with this chip. Not only will you have to buy the chip, but you will also have to buy an expensive aftermarket cooler. The motherboards for this chip are also quite expensive atm. Unless you are attempting to do 4k gaming, there is just no need for this kind of processing power, better to spend your money on a really good graphics card.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 4, 2018, 17:36 Ozmodan

I don't have enough fingers to count the projects I have been on where noticeable software performance issues existed and were ignored by the project leaders only to make the project untenable when released.  

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week
9. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week Oct 3, 2018, 11:17 Ozmodan

This game is flawed, I have to recheck all my files every time I want it to load. One of those games you should never buy through steam.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
18. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 1, 2018, 06:20 Ozmodan

NKD wrote on Sep 30, 2018, 17:15:
The part he forgets: Humans are even worse drivers than the AI.

The reaction time of a computer with proper sensors is just too fast for a human to compete. They don't sleep, they don't stare at billboards, and ideally, they aren't wired to panic and do the exact wrong thing like humans often are.

There will probably, for the forseeable future, be edge cases where an automated car needs the human to lend a hand. And certainly they will never be 100% reliable. But they don't need to be perfect in order to save lives, they just need to be significantly better than humans.

I think what Woz is saying is that the current AI is much worse than humans. Eventually we will get decent AI, but at present you would not get me close to an AI driven car. It is just a matter of time before it screws up. AI needs LOTS of memory to work well, I don't see any of these computers in cars coming with a terabyte+ of memory.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 27, 2018, 04:49 Ozmodan

Beamer wrote on Sep 26, 2018, 19:37:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 26, 2018, 16:54:
A 1080 still beats the 2070 and they are going for under $500 now. Nvidia's 20xx series is way overpriced. You have to be braindead or floating in money to buy a 20xx card. The 1080ti is still the best card on the market as you can get them for $600 and with that 3gb of extra memory, they own the 20xx series at the high graphics end.

None of this matches benchmarks I've seen, showing the 2070 and the 1080 about tied, the 2080 and the 1080ti about tied, and the 2080ti blowing the 1080ti away.

Yes, they're expensive, but what new tech isn't? If this isn't for you, wait it out. I wait out plenty of things. Intel releases something crazy, I wait until that tech comes down in price. It always does.

Not so fast. Actually, the 1080ti still beats the 2080ti in multiple benchmarks primarily because it has more memory. If you are running 4k, that extra memory is far more important than extra speed found in the 2080ti. As to the 2070 I very much doubt it will beat a 1080 and since 1080's are going for around $450 it is a nobrainer to buy a 1080 right now.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2018, 16:54 Ozmodan

A 1080 still beats the 2070 and they are going for under $500 now. Nvidia's 20xx series is way overpriced. You have to be braindead or floating in money to buy a 20xx card. The 1080ti is still the best card on the market as you can get them for $600 and with that 3gb of extra memory, they own the 20xx series at the high graphics end.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 24, 2018, 22:00 Ozmodan

ROFL, can't stop with the conspiracy theories just labels her as a half-assed so-called journalist. It was Hillary or Trump, damned if you chose either so many people stayed home. Hillary and the anti Trump crowd kept embarrassing themselves, hence the election.

News Comments > H1Z1 Becoming Z1 Battle Royale
12. Re: H1Z1 Becoming Z1 Battle Royale Sep 24, 2018, 13:40 Ozmodan

Osc8r wrote on Sep 23, 2018, 18:54:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 23, 2018, 17:24:
Battle Royale is a cancer, can't wait for the patient to die.

It's not going anywhere, having one life and being the last one standing on a huge dynamic map is far more interesting (for a lot of people at least) than trying to top a scoreboard in an endless loop of small static maps with endless lives, or running around chasing your tail standing in circles waiting for zones to capture/recapture.

Bout time the genre evolved away from the same shit we've been stuck with for the past 2 decades. Hell, there's more diversity, replayability and creativity in Fortnites LTM's than there's ever been in the entire shooter genre... and that's sad AF.

As for H1Z1..lol, how many times are going to rename your turd? You failed to capitalize on the success you had an instead of improving your game you made it worse every.single.patch. Maybe if you had hired some actual programmers instead of blowing all your budget on marketing...

I really have to disagree with you. How you come up with replayability and creativity in any of these battle royal games is amazing. Can you say boring over and over again? And I will say it again, Boring!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 20, 2018, 15:22 Ozmodan

This expansion is far worse than legion. Horrible design.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 20, 2018, 15:10 Ozmodan

Red Dead Online will be another cluster fuck like GTA  

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
11. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 12:27 Ozmodan

Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 10:40:
Darks wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 10:26:
For the price of this card and the small amount of increased fps compared to my 1080 Ti FTW3. No thanks, Ill stick with my card for the next few years until these cards get much better, and faster. The current price of $1200 is beyond what these cards are worth.

The 2080 is the same price, more or less, than the 1080ti, is more futureproof, and does a bit better. If you're buying now, buying the 1080ti makes no sense.

As for you, do you routinely buy a new graphics card every year? You have the most powerful of the last generation. How many people actually buy a new card every gen? Did you also have a 980ti? Most people wait at least 2, if not 3, if not 4 or even 5 generations to upgrade. Unless you're demanding 4k or VR, 3 seems to be the sweet spot.

Sorry, but I disagree. I just bought a MSI 1080 ti new for under $400. With those prices it is asinine to purchase the 20xx cards.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2018, 12:38.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 14, 2018, 23:35 Ozmodan

Anything out of Nvidia is not worth reading. They have been caught lying so many times....  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2018, 12:55 Ozmodan

Only Giant Eagle can be so stupid. What the employee was doing is called grazing and most supermarket employees do it all the time because the pay is just a joke.

The ridiculous aspect of this, is that the store throws out all those cut lunch meats every night. To top it off that $9200 is way over inflated.

Giant Eagle should give her a raise instead of looking like the corporate ass it is.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 9, 2018, 16:00 Ozmodan

Scum is a kiddy parade. Not a very good game, but the kids do not care.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2018, 17:04 Ozmodan

I actually found the Big Bang actually funny, far more than most of those stupid sitcoms.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2018, 17:03 Ozmodan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 13:56:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 12:18:
controversial Nike Ad, it's damn good

It is damn good. The fact that it will piss off conservitards is just sweet, sweet buttercream icing on the cake. Maybe they can show us just how angry they are...by burning the stuff they have already bought and paid for. That'll show us.

Kind of amusing since Nike is a well known abuser of workers. Kind of stupid if you ask me to iritate a large portion of your buying public. Kind of amusing watching silly people burning stuff over a dumb ad though.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 6, 2018, 16:48 Ozmodan

Why in the world do you need a cloud connected keyboard? Doesn't your phone get enough alerts as is? Secondly, who looks at their keyboard as they type?  

2042 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo