Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1793 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month
39. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 14:37 Ozmodan

Nullity wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 13:02:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 12:25:
TV and large diagonals are a different story but as long as you are in the 27" to 32" territory then 1440p is just as fine looking and it performs leagues better, of course.

I have a 27" 4k monitor (IPS panel), and while yes, 1440p looks pretty good and certainly performs better in any game, I can still tell a large difference between it and 4k. It's like night and day... 4k is just spectacular.

Of course, my 980 (non-ti) can't handle most newer/AAA games at 4k, hopefully this 1080ti will be able to.

Sorry but I have to disagree with that comment. The difference between 2k and 4k is minor, especially so if your monitor is under 48". I bought a 4k monitor and guess what I run it at 2k all of the time on games. There are only a few games I can really tell the difference. So ask yourself do you really see that much difference between 2k and 4k or are you just being elitist?

Personally I regret wasting money on a 4k monitor and a 1080. Should have gotten a 2k monitor and a 1070.

You will see more price drops from Nvidia soon as AMD's vega sounds like a real challenger.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stellaris Utopia in April
2. Re: Stellaris Utopia in April Feb 27, 2017, 23:32 Ozmodan

I have the game, it is not as good as Distant Worlds Universe IMO. Not sure if I will give the DLC a go. It was an ok game, just did not have that much replayability for me.

News Comments > The Golf Club VR Tees Off
1. Re: The Golf Club VR Tees Off Feb 25, 2017, 16:13 Ozmodan

VR golf just sounds absurdly stupid.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda System Specs
6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda System Specs Feb 25, 2017, 11:27 Ozmodan

I run everything at 2k resolution. 4k just bogs down the 1080 too much on any game. Personally it is very difficult to determine much of a difference between 2k and 4k.

So stop your whining and try 2k, you will be pleased with the results.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 24, 2017, 13:39 Ozmodan

Seriously, do you really want your AI to code for you? Seems like an all around stupid Idea.  

News Comments > Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support
1. Re: Civilization VI Adds Australia and Mod Support Feb 24, 2017, 13:36 Ozmodan

The AI in this game is pathetic. If the AI in Civ V would play the AI in Civ VI, V would destroy the Civ VI AI.

So disappointed I wasted money on this, I am back to playing Civ V.

The only DLC I will buy for this game is if they actually fix the AI so it is not braindead.

News Comments > Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches
2. Re: Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy Launches Feb 21, 2017, 22:11 Ozmodan

It is a shame that this game is such a pay-to-win scam. It is not a bad game otherwise, but you just cannot play this game without spending a bundle in the item shop. Worst RNG game that I know of.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2017, 16:21 Ozmodan

Certainly not worth %6 a month so why do they think that $10 a month would be something people would want.

They certainly have a unrealistic idea what the few good shows they have are worth.

News Comments > World of Darkness Interactive Fiction
3. Re: World of Darkness Interactive Fiction Feb 17, 2017, 13:38 Ozmodan

Such a shame they put out such complete trash. It is a crime to call it a game.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2017, 13:34 Ozmodan

There are several Utube videos how to remove Wifi from your GM car. Has to be one of the worst ideas ever.

If you think your car needs to be connected to the internet you are certifiable.

News Comments > Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio
20. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 16, 2017, 11:50 Ozmodan

Smedley has not had a decent idea since EverQuest and he did not do that good a job on that game.

Whatever game he is working with will be less because of him. Why do supposedly smart people keep hiring these well known losers?

News Comments > For Honor Workarounds
2. Re: For Honor Workarounds Feb 15, 2017, 10:27 Ozmodan

Typical Ubisoft, make the DRM so onerous that many people can't even launch the game. Seems that you can't even use your wireless controllers? Just pathetic.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 15, 2017, 01:22 Ozmodan

Going to see a lot of developers bowing out of making games for the Switch. It is typical Nintendo, put out a product that has far less power than anything else. Strictly a niche product if you are a Nintendo junky.  

News Comments > More Apocalypse Now Crowdfunding
8. Re: More Apocalypse Now Crowdfunding Feb 15, 2017, 01:17 Ozmodan

If this is not a major scam I would be shocked.  

News Comments > For Honor Launched
5. Re: For Honor Launched Feb 15, 2017, 01:15 Ozmodan

Seems like Ubisoft is getting really cheap these days. Connection issues abound, you would think they would know by now how to code for P2P connection problems. And that does not even take into account the microtransactions.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 18:11 Ozmodan

Good luck with your move. Been in the country the past few years and love it. I have lots of trees for shade in the summer although mowing the big yard can get tedious. I had no problem with decent internet, but I have friends that are not far from me that their only option is Frontier and we all know how bad that is.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 10, 2017, 15:13 Ozmodan

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 12:28:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 12:25:
Hold dota in one of the mexican border towns, so players have to dodge bullets, risk kidnapping, or being dismembered by a drug lord.

I see Fox news has succeeded in brain washing you shitless scared. mission accomplished.

Hide your head in the sand much?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 10, 2017, 15:11 Ozmodan

CEO's who use their company for political nonsense are just cheap whores.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 7, 2017, 08:46 Ozmodan

With all the free hotspots out there today, I don't see that as a big deal.  

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
18. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Feb 7, 2017, 08:41 Ozmodan

Yeah I was kind of surprised when I accidentally logged into Wow one day and it said I could use my Wow gold to pay for the sub fee. Like I would play that POS again...  

1793 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo