Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 2184 (Senior)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo IV in Development Hell?
10. Re: Diablo IV in Development Hell? Nov 22, 2018, 16:56 Ozmodan

Blizzard is being run now by the money people in Activision. Don't expect anything big from Blizzard in the near future as they will not fund it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Announced
6. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Announced Nov 20, 2018, 23:26 Ozmodan

The last DLC was so bad I uninstalled it for 6.

After reading what the new DLC has, it is even worse than the first one.

What the hell is wrong with Firaxas?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2018, 12:26 Ozmodan

After living in California for 10 years I could not take anymore of the nutcases and left. An example that directly pertains to the fire. We had a big San Diego fire, entire housing sections were destroyed. A very good friend lost his house, but he rebuilt as did many others. The housing association sought to build permanent fire brakes and got approval from the feds. Of course, the environmental lobby immediately got a permanent injunction preventing such. This is very common for the powerful environmental lobby there to prevent any kind of land management. The sheep in California just let them get away with it. So yes the really dry brush and the lay of the land play a big part in these fires, but the basic problem still lies with the nutcase environmentalists doing everything they can to kill people. It is the same with their water issues, if not worse.

I really feel sorry for the loss of life and property, but they basically are as much at fault for this as the weather is.

News Comments > DayZ Reaches Beta
4. Re: DayZ Reaches Beta Nov 8, 2018, 00:30 Ozmodan

ROFL  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 4, 2018, 18:04 Ozmodan

Just a horrible marketing mistake. One of those "what were you thinking" moments.

You can blame this on Activision, they have been slowly destroying Blizzard. This just makes it overly apparent.

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
24. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 3, 2018, 20:07 Ozmodan

Let's face it, Blizzard is no more, it has been taken over by the Activision accountants.

There is no drive anymore to make good games, only games that briefly bring in money.

People that play mobile games are stooping to mediocrity.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 1, 2018, 17:52 Ozmodan

Great solar panels on cars, another expensive part when it needs replacing. Have you seen the prices on the replacement of bumpers on some of these self driving cars? Insurance rates will be sky high because of such.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 1, 2018, 09:02 Ozmodan

Nice video if you can get past the horrid drug commercial first. I will add that the 9900k has heat issues and at the $600 prices does not come with a cooler. If you are intent on the 5ghz you are going to have to invest in at minimum a good water cooling system.

If you want to run at 4k, get a 2700x and spend all that saved money on a really good graphics card. The 1080ti seems to be the best buy for performance at the moment.

News Comments > Battlefield V Specs
16. Re: Battlefield V Specs Nov 1, 2018, 08:29 Ozmodan

"The 9xxx series apparently has hardware fixes which should free up another 10% of IPC." Nope, 9XXX series has the same issues with meltdown/Specter that the prior chips have.

If you really want to run ray tracing, you do not want to use a 2070, it just does not have enough HP. You are going to have to lay out the big bucks and get a 2080. The 2070 is about the most useless graphics card out there. For the same price, you can get a 1080 ti which is much faster.

I am in the same boat many of you are in, feeling the need to upgrade, but I am going to hold off for the 7nm Ryzen chips, Intel will have no answer for them for some time as their 10nm process won't be putting out any volume until at least 2020.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2018, 23:29 Ozmodan

Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2018, 16:35:
The specs don't suck (they're not particularly great either), but the price is pretty hefty...

I agree, quite pricey, Microcenter's own brands are much cheaper and better built.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 28, 2018, 19:19 Ozmodan

ROFL, and guess who paid for this, Seattle. Anyone who has any economic sense knows for a fact setting a high minimum wage like the 15 dollar one kills jobs and cost workers. If you are too dumb to grasp that fact I feel sorry for you. Employers cut hours and cut staff when you do this, ending up with less people making less money.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 28, 2018, 19:17 Ozmodan

Anyone who expects a Tesla car to self drive should have their driver's license suspended forever. The safe AI for self driving is still years away.  

News Comments > Get Metro 2033 Free on Steam
6. Re: Get Metro 2033 Free on Steam Oct 25, 2018, 22:43 Ozmodan

Really disliked this game. Constantly dying because of lack of breathers is NOT fun at all. Could have been a decent game without that nonsense.  

News Comments > Stellaris MegaCorp Announced
7. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 22:16 Ozmodan

I stopped buying any Paradox games. They milk their playerbase with small DLC packs constantly. Stellaris is not as bad as some of their other games, but I got to the point I just have deleted all their games off of my steam account.  

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
32. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 22:12 Ozmodan

No interest since it is single player only. The fun in the game was the multiplayer.  

News Comments > Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews
18. Re: Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews Oct 20, 2018, 09:12 Ozmodan

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 22:12:
Seems like the best bang for the buck is the Core i5 9600K.

Not hardly. You need a new motherboard and the Intel motherboard prices are much higher. AMD is still the king when it comes to price point.

And guess what, that AMD motherboard will work fine with the AMD 7nm process cpus coming next year, not so with anything Intel.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 18, 2018, 07:41 Ozmodan

Numinar wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 02:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 23:50:
CONSLOW GARBITCH

1GB conslow pixel puke soup a.k.a the "game"
99+GB Rockstar Social Club spyware + monetization features

This is the most jealous ass shit I've read from what I assume is a grown ass man I can remember. I bet if the exact same game had a PC version you'd hail it as the second coming of baby jebus or at least the equivalent of a Witcher 4.

Seemed quite accurate to me. You do realize this is just a Red Dead Redemption game that has added mulitplayer and will be taxed with a expensive cash shop? Going to laugh at the fools that buy it.

News Comments > RimWorld Leaves Early Access
8. Re: RimWorld Leaves Early Access Oct 18, 2018, 07:37 Ozmodan

It is at best a 14.99 game and they think $50 is ok with the DLC?

Sorry, just another overpriced game that has marginal value.

News Comments > NVIDIA 20XX Reviews
37. Re: NVIDIA 20XX Reviews Oct 17, 2018, 08:15 Ozmodan

Seriously people? None of these cards are as fast as you make them out to be. The 1080ti actually beats out the 2080 in some tests and is less expensive.

Overpriced junk is my opinion. Unless you are big in 4k gaming, a 1080 right now is more than enough GPU. Unless you have a huge monitor you cannot tell the difference in 4k anyways.

As to the 2070, now that is a card with zero marketplace. A 1080 beats it for $200 less cost. To the people in this thread that said they would buy a 1070, here is me skaking my head at you.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 14, 2018, 20:21 Ozmodan

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2018, 14:46:
I didn't read the whole article, but the premise is faulty. You're about to drown in choice. That is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it's what most people have been clamoring for the past few decades "I wish I could just pick which channels I want!"

Well, now you can. Why is this a bad thing? Get whichever ones have the content you want, and if they're spread over too many things, then pick and choose. Get two or three subscriptions that cover the most, and the few shows that you'd then miss, either don't watch them or buy them on bluray. I really fail to see the problem.

It's similar to this current bitchfest about how much "terrible content" Netflix produces. Who cares?! I can barely keep up with the 5 or 6 good shows that Netflix and Amazon produce a year. Who are these people that apparently want and have time for 50 good TV shows a year? Maybe if you're so starved for content, you need to re-evaluate your life and how much TV you're watching.

Choice? That rather depends on the service being offered. Many of these services are attempting to control their own media. How is that choice when so much content is being hidden behind specific paywalls?

2184 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo