Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1686 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2016, 09:43 Ozmodan

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is still the Xmas film for me. The laughter this film generates can last for a long time.

Thanks Cutter for the hint about "The Warlord", I don't believe I have seen that one. It is always enjoyable to watch a Heston movie.

Wish everyone a very merry Xmas.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 22, 2016, 13:23 Ozmodan

Whine much? It remains to be seen what occurs with a Trump presidency. While I did not vote for him, I have hope that things will get better. His predecessor certainly made it worse for the average American so you have to include democrats too in your rant.

Our corporate tax rate is just far too high. Canada cut theirs in half and saw no reduction in revenues, hence the flight of many businesses to the north. Hopefully we will a reduction as one of Trumps initiatives, that should be a big help to many of the smaller companies which employee a vast majority of Americans.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 22, 2016, 13:15 Ozmodan

Why I have declined to update to 10.2 multiple times. It broke several friends iphones. If you updated, don't let the phone go below 50% charge.

Ignoring a major issue like this is just not like Apple.

News Comments > Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC
1. Re: Civilization VI Winter Update and New DLC Dec 21, 2016, 11:00 Ozmodan

Unless this addresses the serious issues with the stupid AI it is DOA. Personally, I still play V as VI single player is just a joke.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
13. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 15, 2016, 18:38 Ozmodan

The only time I upgrade drivers any more if I need them for a game. Nvidia who used to check their drivers before releasing them have been doing a horrible job of it lately.

I also stopped using the driver utility as I will not setup another stupid account anymore when in the end the account info will probably get hacked.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2016, 14:59 Ozmodan

Just stopped playing mobile games, I have yet to find one worthy of investing any time in it.

Perhaps someday someone will code a real game on mobile, but until then I will just ignore them.

News Comments > Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter
11. Re: Turtle Rock's New Co-op Shooter Dec 13, 2016, 14:46 Ozmodan

As soon as heard that the publisher would be Perfect World I knew the game would be POS. There is not one Perfect World game that is not pay-to-win. So expect to shell out the big bucks if you are interested in playing this game, because all the free players will get consistently owned. And Perfect World just loves to sell RNG boxes to stretch out the buying process.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 10, 2016, 19:39 Ozmodan

After buying a few sets of hearing aids for a parent, this Bose device seems like a real winner. The ridiculous prices of hearing aids needs some competition and Bose's product will be far cheaper.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
25. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 00:07 Ozmodan

Beamer wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 17:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 16:14:
I also did notice and liked that you had "bottom tier" on top and bottom, I actually found it fitting.

Yeah I like the person that thinks all the mainstream is all wrong and that national enquirer stuff is now correct. Obviously something went sideways with such individuals. To really think that, that has to be a miserable life, a meglo's life, one big setup against you and only you.

Yeah, I realized I had it set up wrong, then brainfarted even further. At least it was a funny mistake.

I agree that it's frightening that some people think all the legitimate news outlets are bad. None of them are perfect, but none of them are awful. Typically, the ones that think CNN or the WSJ orThe New York Times are always wrong (and, admittedly, CNN is "wrong" way more frequently now than it was a decade ago, as it focuses more heavily on what people tune in to [editorials] and less on just reporting what happens) are the same ones that think Russia Today, Alex Jones, Prison Planet, and the like are the only "real" sources.
well if you think the mainstream media provides reliable information where were you the last year or so? I actually dreaded the news these past few months with all the disinformation on the election. Especially CNN and the NYT. I think the Daily Enquirer would put them to shame. Certainly not a Trump fan, but the way the media treated stories about him, they certainly could make a spec of dust look like a major mountain.

I think all the media dips into the fake news category at times these days to sell their networks. Especially if it does not jive with their political leanings. I generally have to check out a story that interests me on multiple networks to get the true story as all tend to shade the story. Sad state of affairs if you ask me.

News Comments > SUPERHOT VR Released
1. Re: SUPERHOT VR Released Dec 6, 2016, 10:32 Ozmodan

Seriously I find that VR is just not ready for the gaming public. Overpriced and poorly designed, just a waste of money at this point.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 6, 2016, 10:25 Ozmodan

As usual this was not a very good review. At best this game should get maybe a 6 or 7. The author failed to point out the many weaknesses and problems with the game.

Personally I am glad I put off buying this game. Reviews are mixed and even my friends who bought it have stopped playing it. You would think in this day and age developers could program decent AI, certainly was not the case for this game. The AI in V is far superior to VI.

Shame the developers would tarnish such a great series with a half assed effort.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 2, 2016, 07:46 Ozmodan

The only people who use AT&T internet are the the clueless. Unless you are one of those rare customers that have access to their fiber they offer the worst internet of anyone.  

News Comments > Master of Orion DLC
1. Re: Master of Orion DLC Dec 2, 2016, 07:41 Ozmodan

Steam listed 3 $10 dlc race packs for this game which is not very good to start with. Talk about trying to screw your playerbase.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 1, 2016, 11:43 Ozmodan

As a TW customer, service was respectable. Since Charter has taken over, they have jacked up all the packages prices and when in old TW days I could jump to another intro package that is no longer case. Every time I call I get a different answer and the prices are ridiculous.

I am lucky that WOW(Wide Open West) is laying fiber throughout the community. As soon as they are available I am leaving Charter, they are major disaster as a cable provider.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 29, 2016, 18:58 Ozmodan

More like $70, good luck trying to get the $35 dollar rate. You also still need the cable company for your internet as AT&T internet is crap.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 26, 2016, 16:03 Ozmodan

Don't really understand the problem here, it is an old machine and their are far better games on most of the tablets these days. Unless you are a huge nintendo fan I don't even see what the attraction is.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
5. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 20, 2016, 13:16 Ozmodan

Tried it and it is most definitely pay-to-win. Just more trash to clutter than game world that is not worth bothering with.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 20, 2016, 13:13 Ozmodan

Wearables atm I agree are a joke. It will take some significant advances in technology before they are really useful. Even Google has given up on things like google glass because the battery was woefully insufficient.

Intel itself has to make some significant advances to facilitate such too.

Basically wearables are nothing more than a status symbol atm.

News Comments > EVE Online F2P Launches
12. Re: EVE Online F2P Launches Nov 15, 2016, 17:34 Ozmodan

jdreyer wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 12:19:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 11:49:
It doesn't take 1 year, 2 years or even 5 years to be useful in eve.

A 1 week old player can be extremely useful to players of 10 years by being tackles/scouts/salvagers/dps target practice.

Fixed.

That is not really how it works. Very few people are going to bother the free players as they won't have anything worth blowing up. They are limited to small ships, a cruiser being the biggest and basic weapons, even missiles are not available to free players. Since the training is mostly capped at level 3, most people won't notice how slow it is.

Seems their intent is giving people time to figure out if they like the game. It is a very unique game.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2016, 17:43.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2016, 13:31 Ozmodan

Typical Sony blame someone else when the problem obviously lies in your console. If it was one manufacturer I could understand that it could be the TV, but when so many have problems, it has to be the console.

I am telling all my friends to stay away from the PS4 for the xmas season. The new xbox is better anyways with the hd blueray hardware.

1686 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo