Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1750 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NieR:Automata Released
16. Re: NieR:Automata Released Mar 18, 2017, 12:59 Ozmodan

After reading the steam reviews, it looks like you are wasting your time until a few patches come out. Far too many bugs.

Certainly not a buy on release title.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
29. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 17:25 Ozmodan

I use Windows 10 exclusively. I find it is much better gaming platform than the prior releases.

I don't have any advertising issues with it at all and I have not bothered digging into my settings. Of course I don't use many apps on it either.

I build a lot of gaming computers for people and I have had no complaints that I just use Windows 10 on them. If a customer questions me on it, I just ask them if they want the most secure OS because there seems to be a general consensus in the industry that Windows 10 is more secure. If someone wanted Windows 7, I would certainly put it on their computer, but so far everyone is content with Windows 10. Now 8.1 is one I would just not recommend as I have issues with it.

News Comments > Outlast 2 Refused Classification In Australia
3. Re: Outlast 2 Refused Classification In Australia Mar 16, 2017, 17:17 Ozmodan

Just stupid putting any sort of sexual assault nonsense in a game when you know the censors will be all over it.

Personally did not like the first Outlast so this was not on my horizon.

News Comments > Sailaway Announced
3. Re: Sailaway Announced Mar 16, 2017, 04:18 Ozmodan

After reading that description, all I can think is what a stupid developer with a really dumb game.  

News Comments > NVIDIA FCAT VR Benchmark
4. Re: NVIDIA FCAT VR Benchmark Mar 16, 2017, 04:13 Ozmodan

At least I got a good laugh reading such complete nonsense. So obvious it is heavily skewed to the performance of their GPU's hence completely useless for testing purposes.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video
5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video Mar 14, 2017, 23:26 Ozmodan

Rather wary of the stupid copy protection. I hear once it is on your computer you cannot get it off.

And developers wonder why people wait for pirated copies....

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 13, 2017, 15:25 Ozmodan

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 11:57:
Zelda is the only Switch game that is worth buying anyway

Exactly. If you have a Wii-u you can just buy the game as it runs and looks the same.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 12, 2017, 19:58 Ozmodan

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 19:40:
H1Z1? Cereal?

I will bet that H1Z1 has more people that tried it for one day and stopped than any other game out there currently.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 8, 2017, 17:02 Ozmodan

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 11:42:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 11:38:
Huh? Was over at IBM yesterday, not a MAC in sight. I have never heard an IBM'er ever mention Mac's as a replacement for PC's. What koolaid are you drinking?

Top Google hit for "IBM mac savings"

The article enumerates the reasons for lower cost of ownership better than I could, but the bottom line is that they require less man hours to administrate, have fewer security holes, and generate fewer user support tickets. Extend that across an enterprise, and the economic viability of Macs for enterprise becomes clear. As for not seeing a Mac anywhere, IBM's global workforce "only" has 100,000 of them deployed right now.

Bullshit! Been supporting PC's and Mac's forever and there is virtually no difference. Most support calls are how to use software not OS problems. My best friend is an IBM'er and they don't even use Macs except for a few pieces of select equipment that require them. Your info is faulty.

Not only are Macs twice as expensive, good luck finding business software that runs on them. The biggest issue I have in support is Mac users running Windows software because the programs are not supported on native Mac OS.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 8, 2017, 11:38 Ozmodan

Huh? Was over at IBM yesterday, not a MAC in sight. I have never heard an IBM'er ever mention Mac's as a replacement for PC's. What koolaid are you drinking?  

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 8, 2017, 11:32 Ozmodan

Well most employees don't get phones from their employers so that number is bogus. Secondly on PC's, I have never seen Mac's deployed ever, just too expensive. So another bogus number.

As to the Mac OS, no different than windows, if fact if you were to use Macs you would have to go into Windows mode for many programs as they won't run under Mac OS.

Sounds like Apple had the study made and paid for it.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2017, 16:22 Ozmodan

At $200 it would have been reasonable, at $400 just way overpriced.

When you include all the problems it just isn't a good buy in any shape or form.

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Reviews
72. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 3, 2017, 07:23 Ozmodan

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 14:46:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 14:20:
All the naysayers crack me up.

Intel still wins the single threaded battle, but not by any significant margin and single threaded is a rare occasion any more.

I wont argue with the cores, there are places that it will shine. In my case I'm not to concerned, satisfied with the performance I get in those apps, totally game focused here. But what is your rebuttal to techspots benches? It is substantial.

Others mentioning older process like my one i7, there is still a nice leap going to say a 7700k. I know many people down play procs but how do we explain results that show procs can matter? I'm 90% sure I'm waiting still though...

Well I was in Microcenter yesterday and they had two systems side by side, both identical except for processors, neither overclocked. One a 1800x the other an I7-770k. Tried both, there was no difference in gameplay at all, in fact the AMD actually seemed a bit faster in spots. If you open a bunch of other apps the Intel systems became slower significantly. I usually have 4 or 5 other apps running even when gaming. So for me the AMD just owns the Intel I7 in this scenario.

I just do not overclock anymore. It is just a good way to ruin your computer. I build a lot of systems for people and have seen more people burn up their system overclocking them even water cooled rigs.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
18. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 3, 2017, 07:09 Ozmodan

For a company that has never made a dime this scenario just shouts a bunch of idiots buying a lot of fools gold.

Not all tech stocks are equal and Snap is definitely on the bottom rung.

The problem with Snapchat, it is mostly used by the younger generation and we all know how fickle they can be. Just ask MySpace.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 2, 2017, 14:29 Ozmodan

Unless you are a real Nintendo aficionado I just don't see the Switch being much of a factor. Already seen complaints that the controllers are hard to use. Already told the kids to not ask for one because I know they will be back on the other consoles quickly.  

News Comments > System Shock Remake Gets Unreal
19. Re: System Shock Remake Gets Unreal Mar 2, 2017, 14:25 Ozmodan

Yeah, I was kind of looking at Pantheon until I found out they were doing it using the Unity Engine. Unity is a step down in performance from Unreal. You have to make too many changes to the engine to make is work and look good.  

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Reviews
34. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 14:20 Ozmodan

All the naysayers crack me up. I was in Microcenter this morning and they had two systems running, one a 1800x system and the other an I7 7700k system running a bunch of concurrent apps. The AMD system was processing much faster than the Intel system.

I generally have multiple apps running when playing games unless I have a game that is really cpu intensive, which is rare. The 1800x seems perfect for me in that instance.

So I am already planning on using AMD in my next system. When the laptop chips start coming out it will really put the hurt on Intel as any Intel laptop without a dedicated gpu will be second rate.

Intel still wins the single threaded battle, but not by any significant margin and single threaded is a rare occasion any more.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month
39. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 14:37 Ozmodan

Nullity wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 13:02:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 12:25:
TV and large diagonals are a different story but as long as you are in the 27" to 32" territory then 1440p is just as fine looking and it performs leagues better, of course.

I have a 27" 4k monitor (IPS panel), and while yes, 1440p looks pretty good and certainly performs better in any game, I can still tell a large difference between it and 4k. It's like night and day... 4k is just spectacular.

Of course, my 980 (non-ti) can't handle most newer/AAA games at 4k, hopefully this 1080ti will be able to.

Sorry but I have to disagree with that comment. The difference between 2k and 4k is minor, especially so if your monitor is under 48". I bought a 4k monitor and guess what I run it at 2k all of the time on games. There are only a few games I can really tell the difference. So ask yourself do you really see that much difference between 2k and 4k or are you just being elitist?

Personally I regret wasting money on a 4k monitor and a 1080. Should have gotten a 2k monitor and a 1070.

You will see more price drops from Nvidia soon as AMD's vega sounds like a real challenger.

News Comments > Stellaris Utopia in April
2. Re: Stellaris Utopia in April Feb 27, 2017, 23:32 Ozmodan

I have the game, it is not as good as Distant Worlds Universe IMO. Not sure if I will give the DLC a go. It was an ok game, just did not have that much replayability for me.

News Comments > The Golf Club VR Tees Off
1. Re: The Golf Club VR Tees Off Feb 25, 2017, 16:13 Ozmodan

VR golf just sounds absurdly stupid.  

1750 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo