Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1492 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
10. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 1, 2016, 22:40 Ozmodan

Is it me or do these seasons seem way too short?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Desert Online Expands Tomorrow
1. Re: Black Desert Online Expands Tomorrow Mar 30, 2016, 09:07 Ozmodan

A game where you can't trade with fellow gamers and that does not have an auction house is NOT a MMO.

Pretty game, but a gankers paradise.

News Comments > Supernova Open Beta
5. Re: Supernova Open Beta Mar 30, 2016, 09:04 Ozmodan

I agree with the other poster, uninstalled it after an hour.

If you are going to try to make a MOBA today, then you better make a good one.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 28, 2016, 14:59 Ozmodan

Well since most PC's today are more powerful than the PS4, it certainly would not be implausible.  

News Comments > Total War Battles: KINGDOM Launches
3. Re: Total War Battles: KINGDOM Launches Mar 25, 2016, 08:55 Ozmodan

These pay-to-win games are just a plague for games in general. The more money you dump into them, the more dominant you get.

Most of the people that play these games are lemmings being lead to the slaughter. There is no way to play them just investing a reasonable amount of money.

News Comments > Zombasite Demo
5. Re: Zombasite Demo Mar 24, 2016, 08:19 Ozmodan

Devs that make another zombie game should be heartily laughed at.

Indie or not, supporting another ridiculous zombie game is the wrong thing to do.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Mar 21, 2016, 14:06 Ozmodan

Those 1989 games were fun at the time, but games today are light years better, who in their right mind would even bother with such games?

Silly diatribe if you ask me.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2016, 14:44 Ozmodan

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 14:38:
Why are people still buying GTA 5? I mean, it's a great game and all, but you can't play online at all without being annoyed to shit from all the fucking hackers EVERYWHERE. It's so bad. I wish they would just do the lowrider update for single player.

I have to agree, the hacking in multiplayer is ridiculous.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2016, 17:27 Ozmodan

This is just pure cash grab by Lohan due to her inability to get parts because no producer in their right mind would give her a part.

A jury would have to be high on something to find anything in her favor.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
42. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 22:02 Ozmodan

And the fools keep throwing money at something that will NEVER be.

Got to love suckers!

News Comments > EverQuest Next Cancelled
8. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 17:43 Ozmodan

Daybreak is intent on the mobile game segment. Little investment on much else. There is no vision left in that company. I don't expect anything decent out of them in the future.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 10, 2016, 06:24 Ozmodan

What a completely stupid idea! They should look how Britain did it, they made the last mile available to any internet company that wanted to use it. Competition dropped prices dramatically and that eliminated any stupid usage cap thoughts.

Why do these government agencies do everything ass backwards?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 10, 2016, 06:19 Ozmodan

That is an understatement about iphone setup. My GF's new 6 plus seems to constantly lose its sound alert and trying to figure out where the setting that confuses the phone is, is even beyond the apple store experts.  

News Comments > Lord of Rigel This Year
1. Re: Lord of Rigel This Year Mar 10, 2016, 06:14 Ozmodan

Hope they do a better job than the orion team did.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
17. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 06:12 Ozmodan

After playing the beta, I did not feel it was worth the $60 with all the other games I have at my disposal right now.

I will probably give it a try when they discount it some.

News Comments > DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer
19. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 06:05 Ozmodan

Just another half baked shooter, certainly is not anything like the original doom.

Definite that I will skip it. Putting demons in armor with guns is way over the top and very anti-doom.

The entire point of Doom was the scarey ugly monsters, you hide that in armor and give them guns you completely lose that atmosphere.

All I can say is, the dev team blew it big time!!!!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 4, 2016, 08:16 Ozmodan

Well, Apple's problem is with the price and inability to make changes to the computer.

People who buy Apple computers don't grasp those issues.

News Comments > Dead Island Definitive Edition Announced
6. Re: Dead Island Definitive Edition Announced Mar 4, 2016, 08:12 Ozmodan

i.e. lets soak our playerbase for more money  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Launches
22. Re: Black Desert Online Launches Mar 4, 2016, 08:10 Ozmodan

Trevellian wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 02:48:
Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 01:24:
total themepark, so boring.

sandbox implies you can explore, there's no exploration. it's do all the quests for your current level in your current town, then goto the next one, etc. etc. etc. fucking snoozefest.

it really is too bad, as the combat is done better than any MMO i've ever seen. very satisfying.

I want to be untethered, and just explore, and have all the quest shit just happen automatically. Same trap that so many MMOs fall under, where everyone just mashes spacebar to skip through all quest dialogue, because it's utterly boring. why even bother being tethered to this dumb archaic quest system if it's total placeholder content.

it's like they just can't escape it. Firefall tried, and then they threw that whole system out and went back to quests and grind. at first it was an open world sandbox, you could jsut wander, explore, find stuff to do, dynamic quests. Then turned into people just running from one end of the map to the other handing in quests, going to kill 10 mobs, wash rinse repeat. Oh and andtantly everyone stopped playing together, as there was no incentive unless you were all roughly the same level.

GARBAGE.

fuck MMOs. they really all are absolute shite.

N..no.... No it's not a themepark MMO
In fact it's the exact opposite. Quests are only useful for Contribution points, which are only useful if you plan on buying houses and nodes for crafting and trade, they literally give almost no EXP. Therefor doing those quests in town are completely optional to you, the only quests mandatory for progressing your class are the ones from the Black Spirit, who you can literally pull out wherever you are standing and not even pay attention to the story if you wish to.

You get most EXP from going out and grinding like back in the day in EQ and DAOC. Thats why there are grinding groups. Nothing in the game is level restricted except for how difficult the mobs may get but no one is stopping you from going and fighting them, I consistantly level off fighting groups of mobs 3+ levels higher. Gear isn't even level restricted, any gear can become end game gear if you upgrade it with the gear quests at 50.

This game is as open ended as you can just about make it. It's as close to EVE Online in Fantasy as you're going to get as far as trading and having a balanced market. It's everything ArcheAge could have been if Trion didn't shit all over it.

If you have that opinion of this game then it's because you followed the quests at the towns out of habit from all other MMO's training you to play that way. Not because the game is designed that way. I literally have a buddy who didn't pay attention to a single town and he just grinded his way doing the Black Spirit quests and fighting mobs to 50.

It most certainly IS a THEMEPARK. It has NO sandbox systems. Go lookup what a sandbox is, you certainly are very confused.

News Comments > Black Desert Online Launches
14. Re: Black Desert Online Launches Mar 4, 2016, 00:23 Ozmodan

Pretty game, but the end game content is almost nonexistent. I would not waste my time with it.

Not much of a grinder from what I hear, a lot of people had a level 50 within a week of play on the beta.

So if you just want to pvp, should not take you long to get to it.

Heard someone try to call this game a sandbox when it is clearly just aonther themepark.

1492 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo