Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1841 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 9, 2017, 10:34 Ozmodan

Better idea, don't buy an Apple Watch you won't miss out on anything. Mine sits in the junk draw, I am back to the old analog ones. Biggest waste of money I have spent in a while.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Plans
3. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 9, 2017, 10:29 Ozmodan

Still a pretty, but empty game. They should rename it to "Pointless".

News Comments > Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game
1. Re: Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game Aug 9, 2017, 10:28 Ozmodan

Another card game, no thanks!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2017, 17:48 Ozmodan

Definitely a sick girl, hope she gets some help. On that note, I completely agree with Cutter, it just a speech issue, she violated no known law.

This case was a waste of time for the prosecutor because it will be over turned. You need to break a law to be prosecuted. Nothing worse than a prosecutor out to make a name for themselves making up laws as they go.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 17:44 Ozmodan

Yep, calling it a sport is dumb, but then again, paying to watch someone else play a game is also dumb, so dumb goes with dumb.

Someone built an esports arena locally and it seems to be doing ok. If someone told me they were an esports competitor, I would just shake my head and walk away.

News Comments > Take-Two Interactive Results
9. Re: Take-Two Interactive Results Aug 4, 2017, 00:05 Ozmodan

Funny, even MOO2 had robot empires.

If you want a decent 4x space game get Distant Worlds Universe. Stellaris isn't half the game it is.

News Comments > Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online
6. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 4, 2017, 00:01 Ozmodan

Gib007 wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 21:17:
The ground combat on this MMO is really bland and I feel it needs a major graphics and mechanics overhaul, but still, it's OK and if you're a Star Trek fan, you go with it. The space combat however, is a lot of fun! Definitely the highlight of the game for me.

Huh? Your assessment of the ground combat is correct, but space combat is horrible!!!! How you can find any fun in that is beyond me!

News Comments > Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online
5. Re: Geordi La Forge Joining Star Trek Online Aug 3, 2017, 23:58 Ozmodan

Can't believe a game this bad is still running.

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
21. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 17:48 Ozmodan

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 12:24:
Epic fail expected and confirmed. Vega barely reaches GTX 1080 in most cases and we have to wait and see about AMD's own lofty claims of +20% in BF1. To reach that performance 15 months after the competition it needs to produce 350W of heat and noise and requires water cooling. Ouch. Big ouch.

And the air cooled reference models? LOL. According to the slides, AMD has installed a 30mm (t-h-i-r-t-y!) radial fan on those cards to tame the still insanely high 295W. Good luck with that. Leafblower confirmed.

As for the Threadripper CPUs, I guess they are a respectable effort in the productivity space just like Ryzen but as a gamer zero fucks are given. In gaming i7-7700K and the upcoming six core 8700K remain king.

That is debatable. Depends what you do when playing games, how many other apps are you using simultaneously. Lots of gamers have a lot of other apps running and in those situations, AMD is better than Intel's lineup. More cores, more PCI lanes.

As to the Vega offerings, I agree with most, runs too hot and heat eventually kills all graphic cards.

News Comments > EA on Game Streaming
2. Re: EA on Game Streaming Jul 28, 2017, 20:01 Ozmodan

These people live in la la land, I can't imagine anyone subscribing to streaming when most of it is free now.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 24, 2017, 10:43 Ozmodan

Next thing for mousepads will be a hologram dancing over your mouse.

I have stopped reading about anything related to Intel's X series of CPUs, just a major blunder on Intel's part. They run slower than the last generation, cost more and have major heat issues.

News Comments > Longsword - Tabletop Tactics Early Access
2. Re: Longsword - Tabletop Tactics Early Access Jul 24, 2017, 10:38 Ozmodan

UConnBBall wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 10:23:
How does this not get sued into eternity by Games Workshop the instant this was thought of I am sure their lawyers got ready.

What world are you living in, stuff like this was available long before Games Workshop ever appeared. They would get destroyed by prior art if they even thought it infringed!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 23, 2017, 22:44 Ozmodan

Considering how badly built Nissans are, can't imagine using their autonomous driving feature....

As to notifications, was woken twice last night by amber alert messages and I cannot find any way to turn those off.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2017, 22:41 Ozmodan

Can't believe so many fools bought Dark and Light, I have been testing that game and to say it is broken is being kind. The multiplayer just flat out does not work. If you do manage to get a connection with a server it will soon drop. True it is early access, but this game has so many bugs it is a wonder anything works.

So I agree what a sad bunch of PC gamers if that is what they are playing. I feel quite sorry for all the losers.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2017, 12:03 Ozmodan

MGM streaming? Do us all a favor and let it die! We do not need another streaming service.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 18, 2017, 23:49 Ozmodan

MLB needs to rethink that. To imply that they are similar is just stupid. They will be laughed out of court.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2017, 23:47 Ozmodan

Personally, I would not touch a used gpu now. After the miners have run them 24/7, it is a big risk how much life they have left in them. Even if you got a bargain price, it might not be a bargain in the end.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 17, 2017, 07:43 Ozmodan

Not sure about the UK, but such conditions would not stand up in a court of law in the US. Most of these conditions of use you agree to are not legal. Contract law has a lot of limitations.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 17, 2017, 07:39 Ozmodan

I still don't see why people are so enamored with playerunknowns battlegrounds. Just another copycat from a multitude of other similar survival games. When all your opposition has to do is turn off some graphics details to see anyone hiding in the tall grass, you know it is another POS!  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Tuesday Jul 17, 2017, 07:31 Ozmodan

I am surprised this game is still running. I would have thought by now the whales would have left for new horizons.  

1841 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo