Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 2070 (Senior)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep
38. Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep Jan 17, 2019, 08:03 Ozmodan

Seriously, how ridiculous!

As the the Greek sexual dispositions of the time, really?

I think most of you including the developers have completely forgotten it is a game!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Can You Actually See Ray Tracing?
23. Re: Can You Actually See Ray Tracing? Jan 16, 2019, 08:29 Ozmodan

I saw a test the other day with someone turning on ray tracing with a 2060 in BF V and getting single digit FPS in some areas.

The 2060 does come at a decent price point though, for $350 you get a card that is equivalent to a 1070 which still goes for $100 more.

News Comments > Unity, Improbable, and Epic Games Spat
4. Re: Unity, Improbable, and Epic Games Spat Jan 11, 2019, 11:36 Ozmodan

Talk about a dumb ass marketing move, that change of TOS is about as dumb a move as you can make. Way to make your engine superfluous. If I was a dev deciding on an engine, I would certainly avoid Unity now.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 10, 2019, 19:58 Ozmodan

Nvidia is such a POS. I will not buy from them again.

News Comments > AMD Radeon VII Graphics Cards Next Month
13. Re: AMD Radeon VII Graphics Cards Next Month Jan 10, 2019, 08:32 Ozmodan

Anyone seen ray tracing on the 2080 cards? I have in Battlefield V and am not impressed. There is a noticeable performance hit when you turn it on too. I am not impressed by DLSS either, only useful in some situations. So neither of those are game breaking.

I am like most of you disappointed by the price, but I can understand it considering all the memory on AMD's new card.

News Comments > Anthem Video
2. Re: Anthem Video Jan 7, 2019, 18:06 Ozmodan

DLSS another proprietary buzzword from Nvidia that offers little when it comes to performance.  

News Comments > Battlefield V and Anthem NVIDIA Bundles
1. Re: Battlefield V and Anthem NVIDIA Bundles Jan 7, 2019, 17:47 Ozmodan

A friend has a working 2080 and the difference with Ray tracing turned on is not much different than with it off in Battlefield V at least. He definitely turns it off for pvp as it does significantly affect performance.  

News Comments > G-SYNC Expands to Some FreeSync Monitors
23. Re: G-SYNC Expands to Some FreeSync Monitors Jan 7, 2019, 17:38 Ozmodan

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 15:32:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 13:29:
Hardocp did a blind Freesync vs G-Sync taste test.

tldr
Even though the G-Sync system was considerably more expensive than the FreeSync system, AMD held its own and actually pulled ahead with our gamers.

They can shove their lie of a "blind test" up their ass. Everyone with a clue knows that HardOCP are extreme AMD fanbois and they always do everything in their power to make Intel/nVidia look bad.

Every serious, unbiased website has found that G-Sync is the much better tech with a broader sync range (down to 30Hz instead of FreeSync's usual 40 - 45Hz) and measurable (as in no "taste" involved like at HardOCP but actual science) lower latency and input lag. Them's the facts.

That said, it's a good thing that nVidia is opening the door with that driver update. It remains to be seen how widespread any sync issues are really going to be with the monitors that "failed" their quality tests. A 12/400 ratio sounds like BS. It will be interesting to see user reviews and results.

It's a smart move by nVidia to do this now and make it look like a voluntary move. G-Sync is destined to be made mostly obsolete by VRR in the VESA HDMI 2.1 standard and next gen graphics cards will definitely have to ship with HDMI 2.1 support so nVidia are preemptively opening up while marketing G-Sync as a premium sync tech (which it is).

I'd sure like to see some of those tests. Every review and test I have seen has shown them to be equal. I have never seen a test that shows G-SYNC to be superior. So unless you can provide some verification to your claim, I call bull!

News Comments > More on the Star Control Legal Battle
15. Re: More on the Star Control Legal Battle Jan 5, 2019, 07:44 Ozmodan

KezClone wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 20:40:
It's pretty clear that Reiche and Ford are in the right. Stardock is financially fucked and hoped for a silver bullet from stealing SC IP. They got caught and now are bleeding out.

Wardell will blame it on this SC fiasco rather than his mismanagement and illegal, selfish decisions.

In what fantasy world are they in the right? Ridiculous claims are in the right? ROFL. If anything they are both complete jerks in this matter. The chances of them succeeding in any litigation are zip.

18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2019, 15:28 Ozmodan

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2019, 12:24:
I'm planning to build a new gaming rig this year. My trusty i5-2500k is getting old. Trying to decide on the CPU if I should go AMD or Intel.
I've had the 2500k overclocked but I doubt I'll be overclocking the new CPU much.

Anyone here with Ryzen CPU happy or not happy?

Been building AMD systems for people and have had no complaints. These new 3000 CPUs could be just what you are looking for. We don't know the pricing yet, but my guess is, it will make Intel look really bad.

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2019, 15:23 Ozmodan

Darks wrote on Jan 2, 2019, 11:55:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 2, 2019, 11:46:
Four and a half years of being put on new machines finally gives win 10 an edge. Not to mention being given away for free, so they could steal everyone's personal data.

So true, They basically forced Win 10 upon everyone.

And it only took them over 4 years to finally beat out Win 7. I still prefer Win 7 over Win 10. Bit I'm forced to use 10 because of certain apps and games that requires this shitty OS.

I don't get you people, Windows 10 is just SO much better than Windows 7, it is like night and day. I have an old Athlon system Windows 7 system that can't upgrade to windows 10, Wow is that system a constant pain in the butt! Time for you Windows 7 people to leave the past and get into the present.

News Comments > DMCA Notice Freezes Star Control Origins in Carbonite
46. Re: DMCA Notice Freezes Star Control Origins in Carbonite Jan 2, 2019, 08:10 Ozmodan

Just Ford and Reiche being complete assholes. Anyone who contributed to their GoFundMe account is also an asshole.  

News Comments > On ATLAS' Launch
8. Re: On ATLAS' Launch Dec 30, 2018, 01:23 Ozmodan

For a survival game is it is rather primitive. The UI is paultry and the combat sad. I might come back to it if it is around for a year. I would not recommend wasting money on it, there are better survival games out there if that is your thing.  

News Comments > Boxing Day Tech Bits
8. Re: Boxing Day Tech Bits Dec 26, 2018, 16:53 Ozmodan

Kind of humorous they still label these cards with the RT nomenclature as even the 2070 is challenged when it comes to ray tracing. With that small a memory footprint, the chances of doing any ray tracing on those cards is nil.

The new 7nm AMD graphics cards coming soon are the way to go, they won't be near as pricey as the current Nvidia lineup. I am pretty much done with anything labeled Nvidia including used 1070 cards.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 25, 2018, 22:02 Ozmodan

Atlas is a pathetic attempt at a survival game. The defenders of it try to tell me it is early access when all you have to do is watch some videos to see how primitive it is and the chances of it's UI and combat will improve much, nil.  

News Comments > Christmas Tech Bits
2. Re: Christmas Tech Bits Dec 25, 2018, 21:59 Ozmodan

The thought that computer makers have the gaul to whine about the Intel cpu shortage in the laptop market when AMD makes a much better chip with much improved graphics for laptops. How stupid can you be???  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 21, 2018, 23:48 Ozmodan

Who the heck needs an 8k OLED screen that small? The people that could discern any difference on such a small screen would probably be in the .01% or less portion of the population.  

News Comments > Heroes Lounge Increasing HotS Esports Support
1. Re: Heroes Lounge Increasing HotS Esports Support Dec 21, 2018, 12:03 Ozmodan

Even Blizzard is finding that funding esports is just not that profitable.  

News Comments > Artifact Embracing Balance Changes
4. Re: Artifact Embracing Balance Changes Dec 21, 2018, 12:02 Ozmodan

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2018, 11:12:
Skills in a P2W game. That's almost funny.

Exactly, and not a very good card game at that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2018, 16:58 Ozmodan

bigspender wrote on Dec 16, 2018, 16:35:
'Planetary emergency:' After 30 years, leaders are still fighting about basic truths of climate science.

This will fix up to 52% of climate change overnight. Please at least try the 21 day challenge with a friend, it can actually be a lot of fun. It will eliminate most of your carbon (and methane) foot print at least - far more than buying an electric car (which most of us can't afford yet).

http://www.challenge22.com It's 100% free, run by volunteers. You'll get guidance from qualified nutritionists and mentors to your local area.

Or since it's getting to that time of year https://veganuary.com/ either one is great. Last year there were hundreds of thousands of people doing it, so change is happening, people want to help, and it's easier than you could ever imagine, which is why the challenges exists, since most people are deathly scared of change, but can easily handle 21 days of an experiment.

Sorry, but you are going to make everyone sickly! A healthy Vegan diet is extremely hard to maintain as essential nuitrients that the body needs are rare outside of meat.

I have a lot of friends that have tried the vegan diet and believe me none ever looked healthy on that diet.

If meat is a problem with you lessen how much you consume, but our bodies need some form of meat to work right.

If you want to cut back on CO2 go plant some trees.

2070 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo