Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On July 22, 2008
Supporter -
Total Comments 2291 (Senior)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2020, 10:01 Ozmodan

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 5, 2020, 22:05:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 5, 2020, 19:41:
Two during January the entire country was focused on the Impeachment circus for the entire month instead of the upcoming virus issues.
You should watch less fox noise. U.S. ‘wasted’ months before preparing for virus pandemic
A review of federal purchasing contracts by The Associated Press shows federal agencies largely waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 respirator masks, mechanical ventilators and other equipment needed by front-line health care workers.

Yep, I totally agree we were not prepared, but it most probably would not have been any different with another administration. Now I see senile Joe saying he wants the inept governor of Michigan as a running mate. The Democrats need to wake up and put a viable candidate up against Trump and end this circus. And I don't really watch Fox news, I worked on Tulsi Gabbard's campaign.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2020, 19:41 Ozmodan

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 5, 2020, 18:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 5, 2020, 18:42:
No worries in the US, the federal government is doing a very good job of responding to the situation...
This timeline proves it
actual Timeline:

Jan 7 - Chinese confirm a novel coronavirus, 2019-nCoV.
Jan 9 - Rally
Jan 14 - Rally
Jan 18 - Golf
Jan 19 - Golf
Jan 19 - First US Covid Case
Jan 21 - "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China."
Jan 28 - Rally
Jan 30 - Rally
Feb 1 - Golf
Feb 2 - “We pretty much shut it down, coming from China."
Feb 10 - Rally
Feb 15 - Golf
Feb 19 - Rally
Feb 20 - Rally
Feb 21 - Rally
Feb 26 - "And the 15 in a couple of days is gonna be down to close to zero."
Feb 28 - "Coronavirus. This is the new hoax... You'll be fine." Feb 28 - Rally
Feb 29 - CDC reports first US deaths
Mar 2 - "They're going to have vaccines very soon."
Mar 3 - “Not only the vaccines, but the therapies... another word for cure."
Mar 4 - "We're talking about very small numbers in the United States."
Mar 6 - “Anybody... that needs a test gets a test... the tests are beautiful."
Mar 7 - Golf, Birthday party for Guilfoyal at Mar Lago
Mar 8 - Golf
Mar 10 - "It's really working out, and a lot of good things are gonna happen."
Mar 12 - “It's gonna go away."
Mar 13 - "No, I don't take responsibility at all."

Mar 29 - “If... deaths remain under 200,000, we... have done a very good job.”

And you totally forgot two things. The first Chinese case of the virus was in November, not January, they just hid it from the world. Two during January the entire country was focused on the Impeachment circus for the entire month instead of the upcoming virus issues. Yes we were not prepared, but there are multiple actors here that bear responsibility.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance

1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Apr 5, 2020, 19:34 Ozmodan

Dear Davey Winder, where have you been? Many of us have been using a pin for at least 6 months if not longer. Next time you write a story perhaps you better to do some research first.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2020, 17:57 Ozmodan

Don't know how you can watch that Tiger King. GF is hooked on it and not sure what she sees in that mess. I felt like I had to turn off most of my brain to watch it. Of all the good streaming media out there why is Tiger King such a hit? I did like Ozark though.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 30, 2020, 17:51 Ozmodan

I think BBC news is far superior to what goes for news in the US. Most of the US news media tend to leave out any facts that don't jive with their philosophy. I don't see that with BBC.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 30, 2020, 17:43 Ozmodan

Had a friend buy a Dell gaming desktop from Bestbuy. He asked me to come over because it just was not running well with some of the games he plays. Fortunately, he had a 7-day return policy and I convinced him to take it back. It was very similar to the system discussed in the article. We went down to Microcenter, got $100 off because we bought an entire system and bought parts for an AMD system. In about an hour or so we had the PC up and running and he was flabbergasted how much faster it was and he could actually upgrade the system later if he wanted. Dell just cuts far too many corners.

As to 5G, it is so short-ranged that unless you live in a city center or possibly a large apartment complex you really won't see much benefit from it. And that nonsense about cloud gaming is a real hoot as none of these big ISPs have the equipment to support it and due to their cheapskate ways probably never will. Interesting how these pie in the sky people seems to always overlook the reasons many of these technologies fail when implemented in today's marketplace, mostly due to no competition.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2020, 12:38 Ozmodan

I have to agree with others in this thread, Picard is not that good, I find it just boring most of the time. I wish they found better writers than what they have.

On another note there are too many videos out there trying to make Animal Crossing look good. It is just a game for kids and I am talking non-teenagers. If an adult is playing that game they either are very new to the genre or they have major issues.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits

2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Mar 29, 2020, 12:24 Ozmodan

JAVA like the article says is the most disliked programming language out there and the most inefficient. Not sure why anyone programs in it anymore as Python is light years better and much easier to maintain the code base.

I have more horror stories about JAVA than I can recount and to top it off it is owned by Larry Ellison the most hated exec in the field.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2020, 12:26 Ozmodan

Duke people you are late to the party. Battelle in Columbus has been reprocessing N95 masks for two weeks now. Fortunately for the hospitals in town they now don't have a shortage.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal at GameStop Today

24. Re: DOOM Eternal at GameStop Today Mar 19, 2020, 23:00 Ozmodan

Not sure why a rehashed Doom is worth $60. As much as I liked Doom, I certainly won't be buying it at that price.  

News Comments > 2020 Game Developers Choice Awards Winners

6. Re: 2020 Game Developers Choice Awards Winners Mar 19, 2020, 19:43 Ozmodan

Not sure why Control is getting all these awards. I did not like it at all. Thought the plot was stupid and the entire game was boring.  

News Comments > Stellaris: The Federations Released

1. Re: Stellaris: The Federations Released Mar 17, 2020, 19:15 Ozmodan

I stopped playing this game. I still find fighting in this game far too restrictive and could care less about diplomatic nonsense. Worst 4X space strategy game for fighting opponents.

News Comments > Wolcen Fixing to Slow

1. Re: Wolcen Fixing to Slow Mar 17, 2020, 19:11 Ozmodan

Game still has some major bugs in it. Hope they fix them in the next patch.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization

1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 15, 2020, 20:12 Ozmodan

They don't tell you how expensive these new laptops will be, get ready to mortgage the house. My guess is because people are traveling less with all the restrictions very few people will be buying them as a desktop is still far better for gaming.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 12, 2020, 22:09 Ozmodan

I used to read both news services, but could not stand the lack of any kind of fact-checking. When some of the articles you publish are complete nonsense....  

News Comments > EVERSPACE 2 Testing and Early Access Delayed

1. Re: EVERSPACE 2 Testing and Early Access Delayed Mar 6, 2020, 19:08 Ozmodan

Funny blaming the corona virus for a PC game. The real reason is the game was not ready.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal System Requirements

1. Re: DOOM Eternal System Requirements Mar 6, 2020, 19:04 Ozmodan

Considering most people sit close to the screen and do not have huge monitors, 4k is just unnecessary. 2k is more than enough and you don't need a 1080 to run it.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Early Access Nears

8. Re: Baldur's Gate III Early Access Nears Mar 6, 2020, 09:35 Ozmodan

I won't touch it until it is finished. Tired of having major bugs frustrating my gaming experience. I have too many games to play as it is.  

News Comments > Wolcen Sells 1M

12. Re: Wolcen Sells 1M Mar 6, 2020, 09:32 Ozmodan

I like ARPGs and have most of them available. This game can be fun, but the constant issue with bugs can be a detriment. The game was just released too early, but that is quite common anymore.

Might be a decent ARPG if they fix it, can't really recommend at the current stage of release.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 27, 2020, 11:23 Ozmodan

Well, the guy who drove under a truck was watching a movie. Seems these Tesla owners are not that bright.  

2291 Comments. 115 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >