Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 2249 (Senior)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2020, 18:39 Ozmodan

Kxmode wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 16:34:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 15:56:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 15:36:
1. Humans aren’t illegal.
2. I doubt you’re low-income and yet you were in the ER.

The first stop is triage where a medical professional prioritizes each patient's condition into one of three general categories:

• Immediately life threatening

• Urgent, but not necessarily immediately life threatening

• Less urgent

• 1. I wrote "not legal citizens" as in not a legal resident of the nation in which they reside. Stop twisting my words into some other meaning.
    2. Outside of privately owned Urgent Care centers, an ER is the only option to go when a condition that you think to be or is an emergency. In other words, I can't see my primary care doctor. So yes, that's why I was in the ER.
    3. The article states the hospital didn't deem her condition "immediately life-threatening" even though the Xrays detected an enlarged heart. Once found, the doctor should have checked her in right-away and prioritized her health.

It all depends on the ER when Triage takes place. I have been in some ERs where there is no Triage nurse in sight even with the face filled.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 16, 2020, 07:20 Ozmodan

Have to love just showing the most expensive streaming options. Been getting 800 channels plus movies for $25 a month for years.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2020, 09:16 Ozmodan

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 11, 2020, 20:17:
    Is there any logic behind corporate golden parachutes? Is it just the good old boy network patting themselves on the back? I mean, you are effectively firing the guy and you give him a $60m parting gift? You were already paying him millions, why give him more after you have figured out the best thing is for you to get rid of him...

No, it is the gutless wonders that populate the corporate boards these days. Sad state of the times.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs

7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2020, 09:12 Ozmodan

verybad1 wrote on Jan 11, 2020, 15:55:
    We do, We've been helping Saudi Arabia for decades. I'm not supporting Soleimani by saying this, but the guy hadn't moved yet and we killed him for not liking us. He was probably a pretty evil dude, but we killed him for thinking bad things and that's not the way the rule of law works.

Looks a lot like Trump knocked him out to get heat off his nuts before the big speech.

Seriously? Just keep burying your head in the sand and ignoring the world. He was directly involved with the attack on our embassy and certainly was planning more. Not a Trump fan, but he did the right thing here. Sulimani has indirectly killed more people than bin Laden. Not a fan of this method of killing, but the entire intelligence community was in on this, it was not a Trump thing.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization

4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 12, 2020, 09:05 Ozmodan

Laptops with AMD 4000 series chips might change that. Have to wait and see, but if you are using an Intel chip without a discrete graphics card you are wasting your money if you think you can game with it.  

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 11, 2020, 12:28 Ozmodan

Funny people making up fake numbers to make a minor problem look like a big one. Just another article making up numbers to make it seem sensational.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

9. removed Jan 9, 2020, 16:55 Ozmodan

* REMOVED *
    This comment was deleted on Jan 9, 2020, 17:32.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 9, 2020, 16:46 Ozmodan

One platform I avoid is twitter, so much complete nonsense. I don't like to discuss politics much either, but whoever was the point on the de-escalation kudos to them.

I have friends who are staunch conservatives and others that are the complete opposite, funny how they mostly want the same thing. Shame we can't have better discourse in this country without all the finger-pointing.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 9, 2020, 09:34 Ozmodan

Another example of the 'woke" society going overboard over nothing. Nothing like violating freedom of speech because some idiot complained.  

News Comments > Speaking Simulator This Month

1. Re: Speaking Simulator This Month Jan 9, 2020, 09:30 Ozmodan

Some people should not make games!

News Comments > Overwatch 2 This Year?

16. Re: Overwatch 2 This Year? Jan 9, 2020, 09:28 Ozmodan

Not sure why people are so enamored with Overwatch to start with and I cannot see another iteration being any better. After your 50th match you have to be bored out of your mind if not before.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2020, 09:26 Ozmodan

When your products can't compete just sue the big gorillas.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 9, 2020, 09:24 Ozmodan

I have stopped using Twitter. It is the source of the vast majority of nonsense on the internet.  

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2020, 09:16 Ozmodan

Beamer wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 22:41:
    Walt likely blames Australia on arson...

Gee who would have thought that since they have already arrested a bunch of arsonists. It is always easy to blame something when it is extremely difficult to prove or disprove such.

The California fires can be directly attributed to the environmental lobby preventing PG&E from clearing the areas under their lines, yet that never ever gets mentioned. We can't have anyone blaming environmentalists.

As to the carbon inpact of streaming is another obvious joke on the public.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 6, 2020, 15:08 Ozmodan

Always good to see someone else be the guinea pig when installing drivers. Thanks for the info much appreciated.

News Comments > NVIDIA and ASUS Introduce 360Hz Monitor

19. Re: NVIDIA and ASUS Introduce 360Hz Monitor Jan 6, 2020, 14:55 Ozmodan

I personally run two 32" 2k 144 mhz monitors and have no interest in changing any of those numbers. Gave my 4k monitor away as it was only 60 mhz and there really is a big difference at 144 mhz, also not much difference between 2k and 4k , I am sure this new monitor is great for the competitive crowd. This new monitor is just too small for my tastes won't ever run one that small again no matter how fast it is. Not enamored for paying the extra cost of G-Sync either.

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 3, 2020, 11:47 Ozmodan

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2020, 20:39:
    Netflix’s The Witcher was a guaranteed success before it even premiered.

Disagree. Yes, there's a built in audience from the fandom, but it's a double edged sword. If you deliver something low quality, the backlash will be swift and loud, much more so than a show without a built-in audience. The Witcher is a success because the producers did a great job with it.

I don't know, I was not impressed by it. I thought it was very disjointed and the first 4 episodes made little sense unless you were familiar with the books. The writers should be roasted!!!

News Comments > PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week

23. Re: PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week Dec 21, 2019, 07:15 Ozmodan

Personally I blame console games for all the cheating. It seems every game on the console is just loaded with cheat codes so these kids think it is ok to cheat.

Culturally we have spoiled the newer generations with this mentality that everyone is a winner at least until real life hits them in the face. Of course, their reaction to real life is to find fault with everything.

News Comments > TIME's Top 10 Games of the 2010s

21. Re: Portal 2 FTW Dec 21, 2019, 07:10 Ozmodan

WannaLogAlready wrote on Dec 21, 2019, 05:38:
    Agree, more miss than hit list, but every bit of mainstream attention helps.

And ... many thanks to Greta, so glad she was chosen.

Frankly I don´t think we´ll make it as a species.

Basically, we continue to be crazy feces slinging chimpanzees.

Unless some miracle happens: unexpected natural evolution, or genetic, cyborg or chemical enhancement to our so limited understanding.

Anyway, in the fullness of time we will go, and after Earth has healed, maybe a more gracious species evolves to greatness.

For context, if you please, read S. Fowler Wright beautiful 1930 novel The World Below, ranks with the best new Science fiction.

Enough with the negativism we already get too much of that nonsense from the media. If you have issues with our species grow up and do something about it instead of whining about it.

As to the list, I also have no clue why Dark Souls is on there, the Witcher owned Dark Souls many times over.

News Comments > Into the Black

8. Re: Into the Black Dec 14, 2019, 10:29 Ozmodan

Life is good!

2249 Comments. 113 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >