Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

911 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    46  ] Older

Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
Apr 5, 2012, 09:59
Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 09:59
Apr 5, 2012, 09:59

I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the "new" content will just be the extra dialog they cut at the last minute to keep the ending "high level."
NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend
Mar 18, 2012, 09:28
Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend Mar 18, 2012, 09:28
Mar 18, 2012, 09:28

EAware

BiowarEA

I never thought I would miss the time when gaming discourse regularly included working the word "shit" into "Activision" in various ways and calling Bobby Kotick "Bobby Kocktick," but here we are making portmanteau couple names like it's a Glee fanfiction board...

Re: Morning Consolidation
Mar 12, 2012, 23:42
Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 12, 2012, 23:42
Mar 12, 2012, 23:42

I'd bet money the epilogue DLC will not only happen, but will pick up just after Shepard is knocked loopy by Harbinger's beams and consider the "Destroy" ending to be the correct one. If there were just one or two things that suggested something weird was going on I'd chalk it up to the bad writing being akin to a broke-ass clock still being right twice a day, but there's enough that it strains believability to say it's all coincidental and not intentional.

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Scans
Mar 3, 2012, 17:27
Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Scans Mar 3, 2012, 17:27
Mar 3, 2012, 17:27

Wait, wait, Ben Franklin WON'T be inventing things for me like Leonardo did? wtf, man.

But seriously, this is the most I've ever been interested in this era in a looooong time.

And now, an obligatory link to Franklin being hilarious in 1776.

Re: Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer
Mar 3, 2012, 01:49
Re: Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer Mar 3, 2012, 01:49
Mar 3, 2012, 01:49

Creston wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 01:32:
Stuff

Just to nitpick; there's only a few months between Arrival and ME3, not years. The next closest gate isn't that far away from Bahak. The real danger was that the relay outwardly looked like any other secondary relay, but had hidden controls that increased it's range as far as the Citadel (if the batarians ever thought they could actually win a war with the Alliance, they could've used it to jump a fleet right into the middle of Alliance space.) Without it, the Reapers don't have any advantages in terms of how fast they can move around, and they can't just show up at every important species' homeworld from out of nowhere.

Granted, it seems like they're showing up at Earth out of nowhere at first, but there's clues through the introductory level that such is not the case. The Alliance already knows something's coming, just not what. They start dropping batarian husks before they've been invading even a half hour, so they've definitely been hitting the batarians on their way to Earth (the new Cerberus Daily News posts certainly back that up.)

Re: Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer
Mar 3, 2012, 01:08
Re: Mass Effect 3 Launch Trailer Mar 3, 2012, 01:08
Mar 3, 2012, 01:08

Considering every bit of released material thus far includes the Reapers tearing up whatever they see taking little in the way of damage themselves, I expect the main storyline will consist of winning some battles (mostly on the ground) but watching as the war is slowly lost further and further until someone finds an important MacGuffin that can one-shot kill a Reaper or give them terrible allergies or some-such.

Re: Spec Ops: The Line in June; Preorder Bonuses
Feb 22, 2012, 04:17
Re: Spec Ops: The Line in June; Preorder Bonuses Feb 22, 2012, 04:17
Feb 22, 2012, 04:17

I'm not seeing any first-person views in that trailer, so I doubt the game's pulling an unexpected genre change.

Re: Star Trek Game Next Year
Feb 12, 2012, 12:39
Re: Star Trek Game Next Year Feb 12, 2012, 12:39
Feb 12, 2012, 12:39

Much as I like TNG better then TOS, I want the "Adventures of Captain Sulu and the USS Excelsior" show that was a huge rumor before the premise of Enterprise was announced.

Failing that, the Adventures of Captain Data would probably be pretty great, too. Of course, age is a problem for Brent Spiner even more than George Takei...

Re: Star Trek Game Next Year
Feb 11, 2012, 17:22
Re: Star Trek Game Next Year Feb 11, 2012, 17:22
Feb 11, 2012, 17:22

I guess Star Trek 2 sucked because of all those action scenes. And Star Trek 4 definitely sucked because it was more time-travel drivel. And Star Trek 5 sucked because...

...okay, Star Trek 5 did suck. Someone fill in a "climbing the mountain" joke.

Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
Feb 7, 2012, 17:01
Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 17:01
Feb 7, 2012, 17:01

Maybe it's just me, but mouse input seems to be outright bugged on menus. Even in the latest version I would constantly have to position the cursor just so to get it to actually select a dialog/menu choice. It would select the wrong thing so many times (but not until I actually clicked to select it) that I threw my hands up and switched to my 360 pad just to avoid the problem.

Can't say the experience is very hurt by it, either. Unlike you, however, the jumbo TV my PC is hooked in to is right in front of my bed, so I'd say my experience might be slightly better (or perhaps just lazier) than yours.

Really, everyone can keep up with their attitudes about how much of a sin it is for a PC gamer to use a controller even when appropriate as much as they want. I'd rather figure out what works better for each game individually adjust my position between chair or bed accordingly.

Re: F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups
Feb 7, 2012, 06:58
Re: F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups Feb 7, 2012, 06:58
Feb 7, 2012, 06:58

Despite this being not!Mechwarrior, I'm looking forward to this. It looks like it's going to be fun, regardless of how much the genre is debated.

Besides, what I really want isn't a new Mechwarrior anyway, I want an honest to god, Kinect-free, Steel Battalion. Guess I'll have to settle for tracking down the first one and an old XBox on eBay...

Re: Star Trek Online Turns Two
Feb 4, 2012, 08:26
Re: Star Trek Online Turns Two Feb 4, 2012, 08:26
Feb 4, 2012, 08:26

Sphinx wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 14:22:
ElectricTurtle wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 11:26:
I started the day after F2P went live, and I'm already level 40 (Rear Admiral) of max 50. It really seems too easy. The stupid thing is that turning up the difficulty does not give more XP like DDO (the only other MMO I ever really messed with), so why bother?

Goodness, how many hours a day are you playing?

I hit level cap in ten days playing about five hours a day myself (insert joke and/or lamentation about being out of work and having way too much time here.) It's definitely easier to level up than in other games. I can't say I really mind, though, it's better than staring at all the higher-level stuff wishing I could have it RIGHT NAO DAMMIT.

The cynic in me says that there's a more monetary reason for the quick leveling. Every ship tier has a microtransaction-only ship. They're ultimately useless unless you plan on rolling more characters (microtransaction purchases are per account, not per character, so future characters can use them) since even the free stuff in the next tier is better, so I doubt they sell well. However, the two best ships in the game on the Federation side are both-max level and microtransaction-only. Then again, many players dismiss one of those ships outright because they're too shortsighted to see how it can work, so maybe that one doesn't sell well anyway.

Feb 3, 2012, 10:27
Re: Star Trek Online Turns Two Feb 3, 2012, 10:27
Feb 3, 2012, 10:27

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 06:13:
Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 03:05:
It's funny how everyone bitches about the amount of combat being un-Trek like, considering:

- The last series most of the fanbase liked was based on a war (DS9.)

- Few liked Voyager because its solution to most problems was "invent new magical technology on the spot."

- Nobody liked Enterprise until it started getting more violent with the most popular episodes being the mirror-universe two parter, where the cast explicitly solves their problems with violence.

- Only two of the movies end in non-violent solutions. Wrath of Khan is by far both the most violent and most popular.

Yeah, that's fine.

The thing is there are exploration missions in STO. If you knew what a pile of fail those were you'd probably understand.

It's still worth checking out for free, but if you're expecting anything as decent as Interplay's old Star Trek games (the high water mark for Trek story games as far as I can tell) then your expectations are too high.

Except none of the exploration missions are mandatory, so I don't do them and spare myself the ensuing suicide.

Anyway, I don't see how that's relevant. The complaint is "Star Trek isn't about combat" and several variations thereof ("too much combat," "so much fighting not being in the spirit of 'Trek," etc.) The reality is that combat-themed parts of actual canon are the most popular. The batshittery is that everyone who makes this complaint somehow manages to miss this fact. It would be nice to have some quality exploration and diplomacy missions, with a better dialog system to support said missions, because those things are a part of Star Trek regardless of whether it's to the perceived amount. The fact that it's something the game doesn't do very well, to put it mildly, doesn't change the fact that "there's too much combat for Star Trek" is still a ludicrous complaint.

Feb 3, 2012, 03:05
Re: Star Trek Online Turns Two Feb 3, 2012, 03:05
Feb 3, 2012, 03:05

It's funny how everyone bitches about the amount of combat being un-Trek like, considering:

- The last series most of the fanbase liked was based on a war (DS9.)

- Few liked Voyager because its solution to most problems was "invent new magical technology on the spot."

- Nobody liked Enterprise until it started getting more violent with the most popular episodes being the mirror-universe two parter, where the cast explicitly solves their problems with violence.

- Only two of the movies end in non-violent solutions. Wrath of Khan is by far both the most violent and most popular.

Re: Happy Birthday id Software
Feb 2, 2012, 08:05
Re: Happy Birthday id Software Feb 2, 2012, 08:05
Feb 2, 2012, 08:05

Hellbinder wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 00:47:
if they forget the plot driven stuff and simply make a return to original quake with tons of atmospheric action and some boss fights, hidden passageways, old school guns with fast play and a bunch of old school multilayer maps...

id? Plot-driven?

What.

Re: Mass Effect 3 Voice Cast Revealed
Feb 1, 2012, 12:45
Re: Mass Effect 3 Voice Cast Revealed Feb 1, 2012, 12:45
Feb 1, 2012, 12:45

I like how every time they show footage of Shepard sparring with Vega, you can see the robodog you get in the collector's edition wandering around in the background. It's like its waiting for them to stop hosing the deck down with testosterone so it can trot up and make cute electronic barking noises.

Re: etc.
Jan 14, 2012, 19:56
Re: etc. Jan 14, 2012, 19:56
Jan 14, 2012, 19:56

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 14, 2012, 18:48:
Only in Battlefield 3 One In a Million Javelin Shot.

big whoop.

GO to the 32 second mark....how many bullets does he have to put into those 2 guys!? geeezus.

Ten or so, and most of them hit the enemy dudes in their arms, so if anything it's only unrealistic that they're not on the ground screaming instead of outright dying.

People need to get over this notion of instant-death bullets. There's a reason burst-fire exists.

Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses
Jan 4, 2012, 23:13
Re: Mass Effect 3 Preorder Bonuses Jan 4, 2012, 23:13
Jan 4, 2012, 23:13

I'm rather happier with my Amazon pre-order bonus. The Valkyrie looks like a tuning fork, and the Defender armor is just James Vega's armor in N7 colors.

At least the M22 looks like an actual weapon.

Re: Just Cause Film Moves Forward, Third Game Coming
Dec 14, 2011, 14:25
Re: Just Cause Film Moves Forward, Third Game Coming Dec 14, 2011, 14:25
Dec 14, 2011, 14:25

I never thought I would say this, but I feel like Hollywood won't make a Just Cause movie absurd enough.

Re: PC Alan Wake Announced
Dec 14, 2011, 14:19
Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 14:19
Dec 14, 2011, 14:19

gilly775 wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 13:51:
This game caused my 5 year old XBox to RRoD. Kinda nervous to play it on my PC. lol

Mine too. And it had to be this; if it'd been something good I was playing when my 360 crapped out I might've actually felt the need to replace the thing.

Ugh; I've said it before, the worst part of this game wasn't the ridiculously repetitive gameplay, it was the complete hack-job writing. Oh look, a creepy woman dressed all in black is giving me the key to the cabin, and then someone else runs out yelling that I forgot it as I drive away. This couldn't possibly be a villain setting me up, could it?

(Although, it was, at least, one of the more creative versions of the Baba Yaga in awhile.)
911 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    46  ] Older