Total Posts
20170 (Jedi)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

20170 Comments. 1009 pages. Viewing page 14.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    1009  ] Older

Re: etc., etc.
Jun 11, 2020, 10:01
Verno

Re: etc., etc. Jun 11, 2020, 10:01
Jun 11, 2020, 10:01
 Verno

Passing a fake $20 bill shouldn't result in you being tortured to death on film. People also shouldn't be looting and rioting in response. Two wrongs don't make a right. I support peaceful protesters who want real change. I do not support what was done in Minneapolis or in New York. I'm not sure disbanding police forces is the right response either but I understand the frustration. The solution to bad policing is better training with an emphasis on conflict de-escalation, higher pay and stricter requirements. I also think police should have "terms" like politicians to cycle them into and out of active duty because its a job that will burn out even the most well meaning person. Any death involving the police should have a third party investigation with at least one component from the civilian populace. That is the case in many countries already. Systemic racism will not be defeated by just reforming the police either, its a larger societal problem with many facets (education, gun control, economic opportunity, etc) and that is reflected in the stats of black on black violence.
Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Ys IX, God of War
Watching: Lupin, You me and the Apocalypse, Days of Thunder

Re: Titties are not Pockets
Jun 9, 2020, 13:04
Verno

Re: Titties are not Pockets Jun 9, 2020, 13:04
Jun 9, 2020, 13:04
 Verno

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 9, 2020, 12:14:
Mrs. Burrito uses hers as pockets but not for things dealing with the outside public. Usually it's her phone when working out in the garden so it is close to her hearing aids and so she can keep her hands free while working.

Also, Miss Tiny Titties has never had to deal with women's tops for large busted women who don't have an accompanying gunt. Pockets? Those are mythical things never seen before.Even if they do have pockets they are super tiny and won't hold a phone.

If it's not a day like today, where it is 4000 degrees hotter than the surface of the sun, Mrs. Burrito will often borrow my workshirts if available since they have decent breast pockets on both sides. Only because of the decent pockets.

The missus marvels at my pajamas and many of my tops just because they have pockets, apparently this is somewhat difficult to find for women. I don't know why women tolerate these things, just stop buying shit that isn't practical and manufacturers will eventually get the message. The pink tax at work again I guess.

Re: Smart fridges are cool...
Jun 8, 2020, 12:40
Verno

Re: Smart fridges are cool... Jun 8, 2020, 12:40
Jun 8, 2020, 12:40
 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 8, 2020, 12:22:
I have considered most of these "smart appliances" as profit traps all along. People paying a significant premium for a marginally useful (at best) interfaces. The lack of continuing support shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Someday the whole house will be "smart" you'll be able to be several rooms away and query the house computer how much OJ is left in the refrigerator, but not in our lifetimes...

Yeah I tend to agree when it comes to manufacturer stuff but I've had a good time just adding my own "smart" functionality to things. I added a module to control our coffee maker so it can be fully scheduled and controlled from HomeAssistant. Pointless but amusing. I added a time tracker for our laundry as its on a different floor, now you can get a notification when its done. I hooked our outdoor lights in the gazebo up to our network so I could automate the schedule based on the sun. I built a smart mirror last summer that's also a display and shows the weather and a few other things.

I tried thinking of some projects for the fridge but they all seem to be more work than they're worth. BBQs already have temperature tracking in some models but to me that ruins the fun of the grill so I'm never going to bother.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jun 5, 2020, 10:53
Verno

Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 5, 2020, 10:53
Jun 5, 2020, 10:53
 Verno

I would just slap DD-WRT or Tomato onto a compatible consumer router then. You can have the features you want and still have the compact box/etc.

Re: A Total War Saga: TROY an EGS Exclusive; Free for 24 Hours
Jun 5, 2020, 09:44
Verno

Re: A Total War Saga: TROY an EGS Exclusive; Free for 24 Hours Jun 5, 2020, 09:44
Jun 5, 2020, 09:44
 Verno

So yeah this one is not looking good based on the previews. It looks like they outsourced much of the design even. Gameplay looks simplistic and even the design UI elements were clearly done by different teams with totally disparate unit cards vs interface UI. The unit balance and bizarre half step into mythology is embarrassing. It's clear that they are putting this out to die on the EGS and are just taking the fat sack of cash. I highly doubt my earlier assumption of more DLC too. Apparently DLC isn't selling very well on the EGS, several devs have reneged or are backing out after a few high profile projects basically spent their exclusivity paycheck on developing DLC and got burned. I would be surprised if they did anything else after the Amazon DLC for this and that was clearly lopped off to sell.

I really love Total War games but this is looking like a B effort at best. Real shame.

Re: Small ISP cancels data caps permanently after reviewing pandemic usage.
Jun 5, 2020, 09:35
Verno

Re: Small ISP cancels data caps permanently after reviewing pandemic usage. Jun 5, 2020, 09:35
Jun 5, 2020, 09:35
 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 5, 2020, 08:04:
*cough* $700 for a four port device/router? I'm sure it is capable of doing everything I would ever need. My pain threshold on the cost is a bit lower. Even if that is "MSRP" pricing and I could get it for a lot less, I'd like to see some evidence I have a chance of being knowledgeable enough to use it. My brain atrophy is increasing by the day..

You can just slap a NIC or two (if you lack an onboard Intel) into an old box and run pfsense on that. Plug all of your devices into a switch and plug the switch into your pfsense box (LAN). Plug your uplink in the other NIC (WAN). You can get a Ubiquiti AP if you need wireless, they're going to be far better than anything else at that price point. You don't need to buy pfsense branded hardware, pfsense runs on a toaster and is totally free. I have an old low power fileserver that runs pfsense for the house. You don't have to use the CLI either, it has a good web UI these days and the documentation is stellar.

If you don't feel comfortable with this stuff then fair enough. It is a good learning project and I find it fun. You will certainly appreciate the control and information about your home network. But hey nothing wrong with just getting a tp-link router and calling it a day either, some people don't care about these things and I get that.

Re: More EA Games Come to Steam
Jun 4, 2020, 20:30
Verno

Re: More EA Games Come to Steam Jun 4, 2020, 20:30
Jun 4, 2020, 20:30
 Verno

I would use Origin but it seems to forget its login cookie every time I load it so meh. EA hasn't put out any decent games in quite awhile now either.

Re: Into the Black
Jun 4, 2020, 12:40
Verno

Re: Into the Black Jun 4, 2020, 12:40
Jun 4, 2020, 12:40
 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2020, 22:15:
*Sigh*

Prometheus was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Covenant was pretty bad too. Time for Scott to retire.

I'd love to see an Aliens movie directed by James Wan or Matt Reeves.

Yes, thank you. They were both pretentious, overwrought monstrosities with some pretty comical writing. It is sad to watch Scott's career continue to deteriorate. Just absolutely terrible from start to finish. Pretty visuals is about the highest compliment I can pay either movie.

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-Vealed
Jun 4, 2020, 12:32
Verno

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Re-Vealed Jun 4, 2020, 12:32
Jun 4, 2020, 12:32
 Verno

Ash wrote on Jun 4, 2020, 12:14:
This game was actually really good, it was a hidden gem imo.
The combat was especially fluid and very fun. If they could combine the combat of this game and everything else from Skyrim, it would for sure be one of the best games ever made.

The trouble was that there was no real balancing done at all. You were completely overpowered in 5 hours and there was no semblance of challenge afterward. I enjoyed it as a fun little SP with MMO style quests, it reminds me a bit of a Western Xenoblade.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Jun 3, 2020, 12:15
Verno

Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 3, 2020, 12:15
Jun 3, 2020, 12:15
 Verno

Icewind wrote on Jun 3, 2020, 12:06:
Spent 9 years on twitter before abandoning my account. One thing I can tell you with certainty is that there exists only two groups on twitter, and they are both sides of an extreme, and fight endlessly. Anyone daring to exist in the middle will get steamrolled in the process. After fighting tooth and nail in that war for 5 years just to continue making money at my writing job and keep it long enough to fulfill my dreams of writing for a living, I left and went back to the real world and a real job.

That place is a garbage dump and would be the very last website you'd ever see me load onto my browser again.

I don't use it much aside from shaming companies for warranty support when they ignore phone calls and email. It seems utterly useless to me. You can't have any serious discourse on it and it rarely represents real world interests. Too often I find its a bunch of people seeking confirmation bias and bashing others who don't share their views. Most of the time when you drill down to the actual users its a bunch of privileged people, many of whom are totally disconnected from the issues they're screaming about. And god help you if you point out any of the above or dare to speak with any nuance. It's a pick a side or else.

Jun 3, 2020, 11:30
Verno

Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 3, 2020, 11:30
Jun 3, 2020, 11:30
 Verno

'Zuck is all about the buck.

Re: Evening Mobilization
Jun 3, 2020, 11:02
Verno

Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 3, 2020, 11:02
Jun 3, 2020, 11:02
 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 2, 2020, 23:39:
My neighbor begs to differ with you, soon as his Tesla was off-lease he ditched it. Said he would not own another. He has a BMW electric which he says is 10 times the car the Tesla was. Personal opinion of course.

I'm not sure what exactly you're disagreeing with and it's difficult to respond to a third party who isn't here. I'm glad he found something he likes I guess? I had a BMW 328i (convertible!) long ago and found it to be a pretty fun car but the ongoing maintenance was very costly both in money and time.

Re: Evening Mobilization
Jun 2, 2020, 21:11
Verno

Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 2, 2020, 21:11
Jun 2, 2020, 21:11
 Verno

Autopilot has trouble discerning the horizon from other white objects sometimes, it's a limitation of the camera tech they're using. There's pros and cons to camera and lidar and I'm not sure either one is ever going to be fully suitable for autonomous driving without awareness networking between cars. I still can't believe Musk said robotaxi this year, utter nonsense. Anyone who has used Autosteer knows its nowhere near ready for that.

The name is really misleading and should've been changed a long time ago. It's a fantastic driver aid but you should have a hand on the wheel and be paying attention at all times. I use it constantly on the freeway and have only had to override it a few times, its by far the best driving suite on the market and makes commutes so much more relaxing.

But I do credit Tesla for dragging the car industry forward, the Model 3 is by far the best car I've ever owned.

Jun 2, 2020, 14:15
Verno

Re: A Total War Saga: TROY an EGS Exclusive; Free for 24 Hours Jun 2, 2020, 14:15
Jun 2, 2020, 14:15
 Verno

roguebanshee wrote on Jun 2, 2020, 14:07:
If you read the FAQ and blog (linked in the FAQ) you'll learn about some of their plans, which do include a launch day DLC (Amazon faction).

Hmm ok thanks, I'll check it out.

From their FAQ:

WILL DENUVO OR SIMILAR DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT (DRM) SOFTWARE BE IMPLEMENTED VIA THE EPIC GAMES STORE?

Yes, we are planning on using Denuvo for DRM purposes.

WILL MODDING BE SUPPORTED ON EPIC?
Currently, the Epic Games Store does not support mods. However, it is on Epic’s roadmap.

Also no multiplayer cross-platform play on PC. A modern TW game with no mods is a big bummer and likewise I actually enjoy playing the MP once in awhile so no cross-play seems like a weird decision. I guess maybe I'll just play a few campaigns and then pick it up later on Steam.

Jun 2, 2020, 11:01
Verno

Re: A Total War Saga: TROY an EGS Exclusive; Free for 24 Hours Jun 2, 2020, 11:01
Jun 2, 2020, 11:01
 Verno

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 2, 2020, 10:48:
I've purchased every DLC for Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.. I've purchased almost no DLCs for any other total war game...

I think warhammer 1 & 2 are unique in that the factions are all very different instead of the same archers in every army.

Same here. I think they are going to go more mythical with this one which creates more opportunity to do Warhammer 2 style DLC though.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:36
Verno

Re: A Total War Saga: TROY an EGS Exclusive; Free for 24 Hours Jun 2, 2020, 10:36
Jun 2, 2020, 10:36
 Verno

That is kind of nuts and a decent get for EGS.

They must have huge DLC plans for this. After the success of Warhammer 2 I can't blame them, they are one of the few companies who get DLC right.

Re: Take-Two CEO: Stadia Overpromised
Jun 1, 2020, 13:48
Verno

Re: Take-Two CEO: Stadia Overpromised Jun 1, 2020, 13:48
Jun 1, 2020, 13:48
 Verno

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 1, 2020, 11:44:
I think the only way services like this will ever work is if you get a ton free games with your subscription, Netflix style. How else are you going to convince people to subscribe and downgrade their gaming experience?

I agree. The ownership model being "buy your games here and pay a fee!" is just weird and feels like a solution in search of a problem. They do have a free tier now but it has some limitations.

Re: Out of the Blue
Jun 1, 2020, 10:42
Verno

Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2020, 10:42
Jun 1, 2020, 10:42
 Verno

We watched the big Disney Pitch Meeting video on the weekend and it was fantastic.

"Actually pretty easy, barely an inconvenience" "wowowwowwow..wow"

Also finished Into the Night on Netflix yesterday and thought it was fantastic. A few rough spots with the editing in second and third episodes and requires heavy suspension of disbelief but we really enjoyed it.

I'm going to have to eat my words about Netflix originals, they've been knocking it out of the park in the past year.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2020, 10:53.

May 28, 2020, 16:12
Verno

Re: Morning Metaverse May 28, 2020, 16:12
May 28, 2020, 16:12
 Verno

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. He's done very well by using the Twitter platform. It looks outrageously petty to attempt to legislate them into treating you favorably. Not a smart move politically.

Re: etc., etc.
May 28, 2020, 09:59
Verno

Re: etc., etc. May 28, 2020, 09:59
May 28, 2020, 09:59
 Verno

Yeah with Warhammer 2 I basically just wipe all of my campaigns every 2-3 weeks.
20170 Comments. 1009 pages. Viewing page 14.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    1009  ] Older