Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18061 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Details; Patch Plans
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Details; Patch Plans Jun 25, 2015, 10:31 Verno

I've had a fantastic time with the game so far and this is just icing on the cake. Kudos for releasing a chunk of the expansion improvements in patch form for existing owners.  
Playing: Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, Bravely Second, No Mans Sky
Watching: Stranger Things, The Sopranos, Suicide Squad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2015, 10:29 Verno

Even for you Cutter this is a new low. All of the America bashing and other silliness like holocaust apologism is just insane. I'm going to join others in putting you on ignore, when you decide to grow up you can send me a message through the board PM system and I'll check your post history to see if its improved but until then I don't want to hear from you.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 10:27 Verno

Yeah I suspect its the refund system, I bet Steam will charge WB an administration fee or something.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
10. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 24, 2015, 14:08 Verno

Yeah I love the TR frame latency analysis. There's been what, one non-beta driver release in the past 6 months from AMD while Nvidia has issued 10? I'm not holding my breath, they gutted their driver team awhile ago in a short sighted cost cutting measure.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2015, 13:33 Verno

The better part of the house cat, mountain lion video is the woman asking "where are the kids?" and the husband casually replying "oh they're just out back". Her reaction is priceless.  

News Comments > Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed
8. Re: Diablo III Kanai's Cube Revealed Jun 24, 2015, 12:00 Verno

Xero wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:39:
Malachii wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:15:
Same. I play a ton and then realize there's no real point. Need another xpac with higher level cap imo. Each time they tease with this new content I get excited, but realize it's just a carrot.

This does sound like a great patch though. Man, if you didn't play it at all and started the game fresh now, the bang for your buck would be fantastic.

Also gotta hand it to Blizz, putting the kind of support into this that we only dream other titles had. The initial purchase and xpac has been a heck of a value.

My same feelings. You are just progressing thru whatever new content they dumped with the patch and once you either get bored of it or to the end of it, your back to either wanting more or wondering what was the point.
I suppose I get this feeling with most ARPG's though. The only fix I think would really help me get the drive again is an entirely new expansion with new class and act. I think most are burnt out of what's available now.

Yep exactly, I get this with every game. I'll revisit it when theres an expansion and enjoy the wealth of added content that was patched during the interim. These days I don't want a game I'm going to play infinitely anyway, too much stuff on the market and not enough time in the day.

I like what the new director has been doing with D3, some missteps but mostly positive stuff. Big improvement from the Wilson days. It's a much better game now than it was at release and can't argue with the value proposition or support.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
5. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 24, 2015, 11:23 Verno

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:54:
So Fury X costs around the same as a 980 TI, doesn't perform as well, and it consumes more power too?

Also requires a non-standard rad mount for its liquid cooler. I feel a bit bad for AMD, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place due to fab issues while operating with a tiny budget compared to their competitors.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 24, 2015, 10:14 Verno

I think a good example is that Hyrule Warriors game. People screamed bloody murder but it was a great musou game and didn't damage the Zelda brand at all. People just want a regular Metroid game and that's understandable but getting all angry about this one seems misplaced.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
32. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 24, 2015, 10:03 Verno

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 09:11:
Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 14:54:
As for the 30fps, I don't think it matters much in a game like FO4. It's not going to be a twitch shooter. Forza Horizons 2 runs at 30fps, and it feels smooth as butter. I don't doubt that FO4 would feel the same way.

MMM, I dunno. Black Flag on Xbone runs at 30 FPS as well, and FEELS like it. FH2 runs on voodoo magic, if you weren't TOLD it runs at 30 FPS....you'd think it was going at 60.

The ugly magic known as motion blur

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted
34. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted Jun 24, 2015, 09:53 Verno

AMD has a handful of people on the driver team, they laid off a ton of people in the reorg awhile back. Nvidia has a huge driver team, not to mention developer out reach programs. The reason AMD performance tends to suck on release is because they invest less money into this, both before and after release. You can fire off a question to Nvidia or put in a request for a driver level tweak and get an answer that day. You do the same thing with AMD you're waiting weeks. The constant tessellation problems were a good example of that, people kept saying it was Nvidia specific stuff but it turned out AMD was to blame.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 24, 2015, 09:27 Verno

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 09:23:
And this is why people should never have uploaded pictures to fb and tagged them.

Sometimes its not you though. I've had my picture taken at parties and stuff, people upload that shit to facebook unfortunately. Good luck never having your picture taken with your woman and friends, the only real way around that is never having any.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 24, 2015, 09:19 Verno

I'm not going to even pretend to understand what would possess companies to buy AOL not once but twice for billions.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 09:07 Verno

Glad I sat this one out while I worked on Witcher 3.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
16. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 24, 2015, 09:06 Verno

VR is not a fad. It's just a question of whether this iteration of VR picks up steam (lol) or not. As the tech shrinks and becomes more power efficient its just going to become more popular.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 22, 2015, 12:28 Verno

She can afford not to be paid for 3 months, other artists cannot. She definitely had a stake in it but the benefit to other artists is significant.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 22, 2015, 10:53 Verno

They've made $10mil in revenue so far. The founder basically said the game has at least covered initial expenses though which is good. The remaining cash will have to keep them going while they finish it and work on other projects. Hopefully the game has a long life span.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2015, 10:50 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 10:33:
Do you guys here still have a wallet with paper money? All I can find in mine (in terms of money) is 7 2Ä coins, 3 1Ä coins, and a EC card +.+

Haven't actually needed paper money in quite a while.

I still deal mostly with cash for everyday expenses as I find it makes me a bit more cost conscious. There are some things I use a CC for like online orders of course.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jun 22, 2015, 09:07 Verno

I grabbed 3-4 games, great sale but my backlog is still pretty big.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
29. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 22, 2015, 09:01 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 06:59:
As far XP goes that's simply not true. You got xp for sneaking around and finding non-aggressive alternate routes.

The problem is that certain actions rewarded more XP than others. For example, non-lethal takedowns offered more XP than lethal takedowns. You also got more XP for being stealthy than for running and gunning. Finally, you got XP for hacking, even if you already knew the keycode. The end result? The optimal playstyle was the stealthy, non-lethal ninja hacker. True ghosting (sneaking around undetected and without neutralizing anyone) wasn't rewarded at all.

The original DX handled XP rewards better. You got XP for completing quests and exploring. That's it. No one playstyle was encouraged over another. I was hoping they'd do the same for DX:MD but it looks like that isn't the case.

Agreed. A more equal split of XP rewards is definitely called for, HR had some really weird stuff going on where it felt like they wanted you to do certain play styles regardless of what the environment was presenting you.

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
57. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 22, 2015, 08:44 Verno

NKD wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 04:12:
We donít have to take advice from anybody anymore. We were wrong. Everybody whom we consulted with on Sunset was wrong.

It's worth noting that their main consultant was Leigh "Gamers are dead. Gamers don't have to be your audience." Alexander, Alcoholic and SJW.

Seems like if you want to actually make some money selling a PC game, gamers DO have to be your audience!

Hahaha that figures. I hate to see any dev fail but its a business and they misread their audience. They don't deserve antagonism but they don't deserve sympathy either, shit happens.

18061 Comments. 904 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo