Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18838 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2017, 08:48 Verno

Acleacius wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 14:45:
Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:52:
It would be hilarious if Anthony Weiner somehow attempted a political comeback again later. Sad but hilarious.
Thanks true, he could run as a republican, without any problems now.

You should've said "he could be President"

But yeah no, he couldn't run as a Republican. By the time he's done the Republican party will be something else entirely.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Rousey Nov 6, 2017, 13:42 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:16:
Cool costume, but this bit from the article:

Rousey once spent $1,300 on WoW cards for the chance to get a rare mount, but unfortunately for her, it didn't work out.

How is this NOT gambling, exactly?

It's straight up unregulated gambling.

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
14. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 13:31 Verno

Slashman wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:44:
Dacote wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:26:
Faking Windows 10 activations must be more difficult than sevens. Thanks Microsoft.

It's basically this. There are cracks for Windows 7 that allow updates etc and no require no re-authentication. I don't think these exist for Windows 10.

You're right, most of the activation hacks spoof a local activation server response. That said they are pretty much painless to use nowadays.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 6, 2017, 12:52 Verno

It would be hilarious if Anthony Weiner somehow attempted a political comeback again later. Sad but hilarious.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2017, 12:51 Verno

It's a $500 device with a selling point of "lots of third party patches to enhance games". Very unimpressive, Microsoft really sucks this generation. They need to invest in some first party studio partnerships again, all of their franchises are hitting franchise fatigue territory and when one of your tent poles is "Super Lucky's Tale" then you've got some issues to address.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced
2. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 3, 2017, 16:04 Verno

Now the 2000 nostalgia diehards who want to redo Blackrock Spire 50 times to fill up with blues can do so legitimately

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 16:02 Verno

DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 15:30:
meanwhile crooked Hillary is confirmed crooked.

thank you donna brazile for confirming what everyone with a brain already knew.

I thought people on the left would be a little upset about this but somehow it got glossed over. Perhaps you're right, since everyone "already knew" it just doesn't have any impact whereas fresh scandals or unknowns are more compelling reading.

I thought Sanders was a really interesting candidate. He wouldn't have been able to pay for any of his grand ideas but that election was certainly calling for them. The school tuition stuff was impossible and he had no credible plan but damn it would have been nice to see someone try.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 09:55 Verno

Leah was pretty bad but I always loathed Maghda in that game. A silly butterfly lady who exists only to annoy me to death with hamfisted plot exposition and Saturday morning cartoon laughter? What a compelling villain MWUA HA HA HA HA.

Blizzard's writers were never exactly stellar but things really took a nosedive in that game.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 3, 2017, 09:50 Verno

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 15:42:
Verno wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 09:07:
Razer makes decent mice but their other products are awful, I can't imagine giving them $700 for a phone.

I have two 3 month old Razr Deathaddr Chroma mice with the left click problem that Razr flatly refuses to acknowledge and their support denies exists. They can go fuck themselves with a nail studded bat wrapped in rusty barbed wire.

Meanwhile, my crusty, ancient MX518 from Logitech keeps chugging right along.

Yeah I've been hearing this from a lot of people online lately. I have a really old DeathAdder that has held up well but I hear their QA and build quality is just bullocks these days.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 08:59 Verno

Hoop wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 13:33:
Quick campaign first impressions on COD WW2 for those that care

The intros, cut scenes & story are very well done.
The in game animations not so much, typical COD everyone just drops too fast on being hit etc.
I like to turn in game music off but it looks as if thats not an option thankfully it's sparingly used.
I like the health regen, it's authentic & keeps you in the moment.
The hit indicator is horrendous, unsubtle & embarassing, thankfully so far with shit going down theres no time to really focus on it too much. (why would they not give you the option to turn it off?)
Sound effects are pretty good, graphics all turned up max 1920 1080 it looks pretty.
Amazingly with how linear the game is retrying a scenario things can & do play out a little differently, not much but enough to make you go... cool.
You can between chapters change difficulty & even step down mid chapter if struggling. (props)
I have this installed on my HD not ssd & Load times are amazingly fast, also things save on exit.(big props to them)
Update
The flamethrower is amazing

Thanks for the impressions Hoop. I read a bunch of reviews last night and its doing surprisingly well, might pick it up next year when Activision marks it down by 5% haha.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Nov 3, 2017, 08:57 Verno

NKD wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 01:14:
Yeah we'll sink that bitch. 'MURICA! CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN COAL.

Dude I'm doing my duty, I'm driving a diesel! Clean diesel!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 3, 2017, 08:57 Verno

Speaking of the DNC, damn that was some harsh bizness doled out on Clinton. Nothing people didn't already suspect but wowzers.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
19. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 2, 2017, 16:08 Verno

Nope wrong as usual, it's literally the same situation with the gender changed. You have some fucking nerve chasing me around after condoning sexual assault the other day and making a disgusting crack about "bad man touching you". You're either a troll or a psycho, I can't figure out which but I'm not tolerating it anymore.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 09:10 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 19:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 14:12:
Trump Accuses Clinton of Deliberately Losing Election So He Could Be Impeached

Is that a headline from The Onion? Or has our current reality put them out of business?

It's pretty low grade political humor on par with late night talk show hosts doing #hashtagjokegetit?!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 2, 2017, 09:07 Verno

Razer makes decent mice but their other products are awful, I can't imagine giving them $700 for a phone.  

17. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 2, 2017, 09:03 Verno

NamecaF wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 00:44:
What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? You lot are like that fucking episode of the Orville, judging by media (social and network alike) without all the facts. So far all they are the accusations of one man. Fuck you all.

Innocent people don't tend to apologize right away in the media and that's where he is being accused, not in a court.

I don't subscribe to automatic belief but when the person accused starts apologizing its pretty hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I notice you conveniently didn't answer my question about what you would do if that was your teenage daughter because then you would have to face your own hypocrisy and actually deal with it. You have no spine.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 13:24 Verno

It was funny once upon a time when John did it but even he is running it into the ground now.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 1, 2017, 11:51 Verno

As if it wasn't already established that both men and women can die brutally in a post apocalyptic world they created with the first game. People are being absurd about the TLOU2 trailer, just polygon and the press looking for clicks. They can put on their big boy pants and deal with it, I'm glad Sony basically said as much.  

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 1, 2017, 10:51 Verno

NamecaF wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 00:16:
All this knee-jerk over-reaction and PC, social media bullshit is getting out of hand. Netflix have just lost a lot of respect with their handling of all this.

If Kevin Spacey invited your 14 year old daughter to his hotel room, attempted to have sex with her against her wishes to the point where she had to forcibly flee the room and escaped only by chance, somehow I don't think this would be such a "knee jerk overreaction" situation.

The real shame of this is that he won't face charges to either clear his name or receive the punishment that might be deserved. I don't like this "tried in the press" stuff but that doesn't mean the behavior itself isn't totally awful. It isn't a question of automatic belief either, people don't tend to apologize when they've done nothing wrong.

48. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 10:22 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 14:09:
And I've read that on average, runners have better joints than the general population (not that that's a very high bar. ).

To me you need nearly perfect biomechanics, otherwise you will eventually fuck up your cartilage or meniscus in your knees. I'm talking to make it a lifetime thing, not just something done casually. There are many people who just jog casually a few days a week and probably aren't doing it enough to do any real damage. If you have the physiology to do it 3-4 days a week for years then hey, I envy you. I would just caution you not to speak too soon, 10 years of pounding away can do some damage.

I do love running though, that's the shame. I live in a beautiful rural area and jog/hike the trails in the spring/summer. It's soul restoring. Unfortunately my old man knees no longer agree.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2017, 10:36.

18838 Comments. 942 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo