Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18040 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Rocket League Patch Adds Arena, Spectator Mode
6. Re: Rocket League Patch Adds Arena, Spectator Mode Aug 12, 2015, 12:43 Verno

Quboid wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 12:26:
Can good players actually pass the ball to a team mate and deliberately build up to a goal? I don't think I've seen anyone neatly play the ball to set up a team mate for another pass or a shot.

Err yes. I'm not even very good and I do deliberate setups all the time. Some players might ricochet to pass instead of doing it directly but plenty of others will shoot/pass it to teammates. It might look chaotic but there is order to it and if you get to know the mechanics it becomes easy to control the ball. The hardest part is timing and prediction.

There is a world of difference between the gameplay basics and people playing at a high level. Simple to grasp, difficult to master, that's what makes the game good and will give it legs. Whether or not it becomes the next big thing is anyones guess.

Playing: Stardew Valley, Doom, Windward
Watching: Preacher, Outcast, The Program
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rocket League Patch Adds Arena, Spectator Mode
4. Re: Rocket League Patch Adds Arena, Spectator Mode Aug 12, 2015, 11:35 Verno

gravity wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 11:12:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 09:11:
I've ended up buying this game and it is a blast playing with the kids in local coop vs the Ai.
Last night I've tried a 1vs1 against the Ai and had my ass handed to me.
Needs more practice. Love the game though. Takes a bit to get a hang of the controls.
It really shows how much I suck when playing in 1 vs 1

I guess I'm curious if the entertainment value 'lasts.' So many recommendations, but will people still play it 6 months from now, ala like how I did with L4D/L4D2 (years later, I still play it with friends).

It's basically soccer with RC cars and a beachball so yeah it will hold up. The gameplay looks pretty simple on the surface but the skill ceiling is insanely high. My brother has gotten really good at aerials and is doing some insane shit that I didn't even know was possible.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released
25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released Aug 12, 2015, 11:31 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 02:53:
So... any actual feedback on this DLC? The Deep Roads were almost universally reviled in DAO, so it's strange that they'd base an entire DLC off of it.

Yeah I'm not thrilled with the choice of location either. I don't remember anyone actually liking the deep roads. They can go nuts with asset reuse and I'm sure its a tiny team that worked on this. I'm not going to touch it until we hear from some non-fanboys about the quality.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 09:52 Verno

Hope for some new writers and a better second half this time. First map of D:OS was great and everything after felt pretty weak by comparison. Hopefully now that they have the engine/tools nailed down they can do a better job this time.

All the same got my moneys worth and will probably pick this up.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2015, 09:33 Verno

Fitz can't do any worse than Smith now that I think about last few years. He passes into thick coverage too much for my liking but its hard not to say the same about Smith who had some pretty awful passing numbers last year.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2015, 09:10 Verno

Apparently over Geno Smith reneging on a charity appearance that cost the kid money, what a class act. Oh my Jets, I am a glutton for punishment

Edit: apparently over a different dispute, the NY Post was wrong who would've imagined?!

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2015, 09:21.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Preview
10. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Preview Aug 12, 2015, 08:39 Verno

I hope they bring seasons over to the console versions at some point, the only real feature I miss.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 11, 2015, 13:58 Verno

But you see....micro$$oft!!  

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
36. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 11, 2015, 11:41 Verno

I can't believe anyone cited stats, the stats were meaningless in D2 and offered no real variety between builds.

The problems with Diablo 3 in my mind are more related to its poor map randomization and the fact that I'm a grown man with responsibilities now who doesn't like dumping untold hours into ARPGs which are repetitive as hell.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 11, 2015, 10:25 Verno

All of the major ad blockers work fine on Windows 10. There will undoubtedly even be ones for Edge once they release the extension API.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes
17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes Aug 11, 2015, 09:07 Verno

DA:I was worth it for the characters alone, story was solid too. The gameplay was all over the place, sometimes fantastic and other times just dreadful. They need to go all in on action or tactical, this half assed approach isn't working.  

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
31. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 11, 2015, 09:00 Verno

InBlack wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 08:47:
yes another slap in the face of Blizzard's dedicated PC fanbase...

But won't someone think of the children?!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2015, 15:30 Verno

I don't find any appreciable difference in speed between them but I am pretty conservative with addons and I don't use Flash at all when I'm using Firefox. What is probably going on is a conflict between SC2 and the little DVR hook they built into the Xbox app. You see it when you launch a game on Windows 10 and it has instructions on disabling it (I think you just hit Control G and it doesnt show up anymore). Or just uninstall the xbox app entirely since its pretty much dead weight unless you're hooked into that ecosystem on the console side of things.

Sorry to hear your Sleep issue persists Jivaro, I will look more into it later and see if I can come up with anything you haven't thought of already.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2015, 13:49 Verno

Are you using S3 sleep? Try disabling hybrid sleep and see if it works. I haven't encountered that on my nvidia card but I'm sure our hardware configs and drivers differ.

What's the motherboard?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2015, 13:30 Verno

We just got back from the lake so didn't have time to watch the finale yet but I could fill an ocean with all the tears I've heard about season 2. It's had some stumbles but people act like the first season was perfect when it had major pacing problems and a host of plot inconsistencies. I will probably ramble in spoilered text about the finale in tomorrows OOTB.  

News Comments > The International Results
32. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 11:28 Verno

After his last nazi apologist fiasco and a bunch of comments about jews I finally blocked him for good. Good riddance.

Anyways didn't catch the games due to being up at the lake this weekend but looking forward to watching them tonight. EG is just super fun to watch in general, their versatility and adaptability is insane.

I am fully out of HOTS, every match feels too samey after awhile without the laning phase and other aspects of LoL/DotA.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
13. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 10, 2015, 10:55 Verno

This Linux user seemed to like Windows 10

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2015, 09:10 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 20:39:

Think about what it means... they had to add a toxic synthetic chemical to make it not taste like crap.. and you were drinking this waste water ;P

We use synthetic additives in so many things and they're not inherently dangerous, aspartame included.

News Comments > Journey of the Light Steam Refunds
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 7, 2015, 09:49 Verno

bozu wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 09:42:
Xero wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 09:28:
Man, Valve/Steam needs to seriously review these games before green lighting them.
You think Valve should do a full play-through of every title before launching it? That seems excessive to me. They're acting as a distributor and retailer, not a publisher.

Agreed. Devs bitched like crazy about how gated Steam was before and people got on Valves case about it, I remember people on here especially were really critical about having an open system like Green Light. I think overall things have improved, yeah you get the odd case like this but a lot more great games get to market sooner. You take the good with the bad.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2015, 09:33 Verno

Jon Stewart was excellent, I'm definitely going to miss the wit and political cynicism. He was always pretty fair to guests on his show even if he disagreed with their views yet somehow always managed to keep things light enough to entertain. It was a great balancing act and few have come close.  

18040 Comments. 902 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo