Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18232 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Spark Going Free
4. Re: Project Spark Going Free Sep 29, 2015, 15:23 Verno

This a precursor to it being put out to pasture. They killed the community off with absurd microtransactions early on.  
Playing: Titanfall 2, World of Final Fantasy, Forza Horizon
Watching: Westworld, Ash vs Evil Dead, HyperNormalisation
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Sep 29, 2015, 13:06 Verno

Rossini wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 11:16:
Colin Cowherd - who refers to himself as "The Herd"

All I needed to know about this guy right there.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 29, 2015, 12:57 Verno

$299 or bust for Xbox One bundles, $349 is meh for the offerings and its problems.  

News Comments > MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8
48. Re: MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8 Sep 28, 2015, 10:54 Verno

Malware authors can use virustotal too fellas  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2015, 10:03 Verno

http://komodoide.com/

The basic editor is free.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Progression Details
11. Re: Fallout 4 Progression Details Sep 25, 2015, 11:00 Verno

Task wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 09:54:
If this were reddit or youtube, I'm sure I would be downvoted into Oblivion for not liking FO4 that much. *Shrug* I got burned out though from pre-ordering FO3 back in 2008 and then Skyrim, so my excitement for Beth games has diminished considerably.

Nah the only people I see downvoted at reddit are trolls. I post contrary opinions there all the time, for the most part as long as you write well or at least support your points you'll have no issues.

Anyways I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here and I like seeing companies try new things. I was never that attached to the skill system and balance stuff from FO3.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2015, 10:23 Verno

Christ not that Bob dog again. My girlfriends family breeds golden retrievers and won't stop linking that shit to me. I don't want a goldie I don't care how much your family loves them, shit is like a cult. I might get a little punter shih tzu just to piss them off at this point, they hate small dogs apparently.  

News Comments > Chris Avellone Writing for Divinity: Original Sin II
2. Re: Chris Avellone Writing for Divinity: Original Sin II Sep 25, 2015, 10:16 Verno

I thought the dialogue in D:OS was dreadful so this can only be an improvement.  

News Comments > Source 2 Running on Vulkan
34. Re: Source 2 Running on Vulkan Sep 25, 2015, 09:27 Verno

I'm running SteamOS at home on an HTPC and its alright but not something I could ever see end users delving into. You pretty much need another Windows box to stream games from, the library support is awful right now even with "1500 games". I have 20 years of experience with everything from Solaris to FreeBSD to Linux and there are aspects of this that annoy me, let alone the average twitch streamer or something. We're talking niche of a niche here.

I think the competition is essential but I don't see it going anywhere any time soon.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
7. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 25, 2015, 08:38 Verno

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 22:17:
There was a good video awhile back that made a good case against us ever seeing HL3. It basically argued that they have nothing to gain financially from releasing considering the position they are in with Steam, so it's not worth the possible (or inevitable) fan backlash if it is disappointing.

That's not how Valve works though and even if it were true, that same logic works for it being released. If they have nothing to lose because Steam is a money printing operation then it won't hurt to release the game either.

I just want to see anything with a 3 in it released. TF3, L4D3, whatever.

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Sep 24, 2015, 14:35 Verno

InBlack wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 02:24:
Standards have fallen and Ridley Scott can go fuck himself with continuing that crapola. Hey, if it makes him happy though who am I to judge? In the age of MegaTransformers VIII, and Cockingjay or whatever I guess there is room for one more dissappointing sci-fi franchise.

Hyperbole much right back at you. Prometheus has many problems but don't even put it on the same level as Michael Bay shit.

13. Re: Source 2 Running on Vulkan Sep 24, 2015, 13:47 Verno

It was a pretty simple example to illustrate that Microsoft can do many things but it doesn't mean it will. They don't need to do anything to Vulkan other than iterate on DX12. It's not in their best interest anyway as Microsoft has an increasingly multiplatform future in mind where it needs to live with even Vulkan apps and harming cross compat will just bite them in the ass. Feel free to fuel your imagination but the reality is going to be pretty mundane.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 24, 2015, 11:54 Verno

Making $5600 off lightning in a bottle is pretty depressing. While I don't think they should be rewarded in perpetuity there should be a better balance than this. Dudes making youtube videos about games make more than that.  

7. Re: Source 2 Running on Vulkan Sep 24, 2015, 11:34 Verno

InBlack wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 09:52:
How the fuck can they beat Microsoft's lobby? No way they can. And even if they do get developers on board, Microsoft can simply choose to disable any support for Vulcan on Windows machines. Game over.

They could also prevent Steam from running but they didn't do that either. Regardless of what your personal feelings are about Microsoft they're a fairly benign platform holder in this sort of regard thanks to all of the anti-competitive lawsuits from the past.

They will compete through DX12, not by disabling Vulkan or something equally silly.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers
35. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 24, 2015, 09:33 Verno

They've already given official statements on how mods are going to be handled and its exactly the same as prior games. There should be no real controversy about this. If mod authors want to monetize their stuff in some way then that's up to them but Bethesda won't be officially doing it. We get the Creation Kit and all that as normal, this was already reported on.

The consoles will have some sort of weird curated mod crap but its through their respective marketplaces and probably deals directly with authors, I doubt Bethesda gets anything out of it. I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't materialize either, mods can crash the game pretty easily and on consoles I don't know how they will deal with that.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 23, 2015, 18:45 Verno

I'm already out and happy with the way it went. I'm sure I could've made more if I had taken more risk but my adviser said to just short it and now I've got a few vacations paid for.

My brother is more like you Lith, he does extensive research into the fundamentals, looks in depth at how much money is raised through shareholder equity vs debt, the management core and all that. It's not my forte so I leave it up to the experts for the most part. The auto industry in general is a bit too volatile for my taste, particularly with EVs coming online in a big way over the next 10 years.

Anyways interesting to see how it all shakes out.

News Comments > MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8
8. Re: MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8 Sep 23, 2015, 10:48 Verno

Asmodai wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:20:
Verno wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 09:54:
Good riddance to this shitty form of DRM.

While I agree that it in particular, and drm in general, are awful, there are still a number of older games that people may wish to play that will no longer work without hacking the system.

Players should probably just get fixed .exe's, but I can't really see why this change is being made now. Far too late to matter...

They're probably just cleaning up and deprecating old services. I doubt this will affect many people and those that are affected have easy work arounds. They can't keep it around forever and since its DRM I'm quite happy to see it go.

Now if they can kill all of their lame Xbox on PC shit.

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
12. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 10:42 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:24:
Wow must be a tough job, reading a script and getting paid for it. They could just hire thespian college kids for a lot less if they wanted to. They are overpaid for what they do now!

Sorry, far as I am concerned they can jump in a lake.

There is a huge difference between some idiot reading a script and a trained voice actor who can actually perform dozens of unique voices, accents and pull off a convincing performance while being represented by a puppet.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2015, 10:37 Verno

Damn that dude is ballsy, that bear didn't seem in a big hurry. Hope he had some bear spray handy.  

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
5. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 10:15 Verno

"Troy Baker considers strike, video game industry brought to a stand still"  

18232 Comments. 912 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo