Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18838 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 13, 2017, 11:06 Verno

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 10:54:
Kajetan wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 10:39:
This is a good one.

About 40h per hero, about 9 heroes are unlockable. 360 hours or ... just a few bucks, eh? This IS grind made to encourage buying those chars instead of playing the game to unlock them.

And this answer is the epitome of lying your customer in the face.

I'm playing the 10h trial right now and I've already unlocked a few heroes, not sure where you get those numbers.

Anyway, should heroes be easy to unlock? i think not

Why should it be difficult? They are already limited by other factors.

Also they're adjusting these upwards from 10,000 credits to 40,000 credits after release. That's just shitty anyway you slice it, purposely giving a false impression to reviewers and others.

This whole game feels like a F2P model with a full price tag. Ugh count me out. I hope others do the same.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2017, 09:56 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 12, 2017, 21:43:
Blue, condolences on the sufficating embrassment of the NY Giants losing to previously winless San Francisco 49ers....

I was just about to post that haha.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Nov 13, 2017, 09:56 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2017, 14:07:
Cool, but it doesn't diminish the fact that Borderlands 2 was one of the grindiest games ever. I really hope Randy doesn't forget his noble ethos when BL3 hits, otherwise I can easily see it getting lootboxed out the ass.

Haha yeah, some irony there when his whole game is basically that concept without real money...so far.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2017, 10:40 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 09:18:
You say that jokingly (I assume) but I wouldn't be surprised if the general GOP voter's thoughts on the matter were something along the lines of, "That was more than 35 years ago. It is said and done, let's move on."

Absolutely not. I don't consider myself a "GOP voter" but a lot of my social and economical leanings make me vote for right of center candidates. I still want this guy gone. Just like Anthony Weiner, he is a sexual predator and while this might be stats barred (I have no idea), at the very least he needs to be out of power.

News Comments > EA to Acquire Respawn
18. Re: EA to Acquire Respawn Nov 10, 2017, 08:43 Verno

Great, another studio for EA to murder. Looking forward to their neutered BF2142 clone with loot box galore.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 15:15 Verno

There's the Louis C.K story I mentioned earlier.

Stay clean Bill Burr.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 14:29 Verno

Apparently a NY Times story is about to drop on Louis C.K., blah. Going to watch a few of his shows tonight one last time without this stuff hanging over it.

Just leave me Bill Burr, for the love of god.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 12:57 Verno

NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 12:44:
Cops in this country see anyone not wearing a badge as target practice. Dogs, cats, people. Doesn't matter. If you're not a fellow cop, you're an enemy combatant. They are indoctrinated into this in their training. Everyone is out to kill them, so they need to be ready to shoot first.

Combine this with a bunch of former military joining up after their deployments treating suburbia like its fucking Fallujah.

I'm sure you've seen it but Peace Officer was a pretty eye opening documentary on the militarization of police in North America.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 9, 2017, 12:53 Verno

My buddy ran out and got an Xbox One X. I asked him what he was playing last night and he said "Red Dead Redemption". Buying a $500 console to play a third party game from 2009. At least its a good game  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 9, 2017, 12:44 Verno

Luke wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 12:25:
We must be the first out there with a self driving bus...................fail

The same with every electronic revolution humans "try" to build....fail fail there is no passion just all $$

The truck hit the bus, not the other way around.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 12:40 Verno

Who's to say Spacey actually did any of this stuff? There's no shortage or people out there willing to lie and jump on the bandwagon hoping to cash on some quick fame and fortune. Maybe he did get drunk and pushy at points but that's a long goddamn way off from rape. Remember what Lou Reed said, "Don't believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear." It's just way too easy these day to convict people in the court of public opinion without any actual real knowledge of the truth and that's wrong.

His vague apology and convenient timing on coming out indicate more than a little guilt to me. The number of accusations is too many to ignore but yeah I hope someone presses charges to make it formal. As for whether its rape or not, many of them were teenagers at the time, not even sure they could legally consent depending on the jurisdictions. Let's say you're right (which you never are), at best hes a still a fucking creep not worth defending.

We're at over 100 people with Weinstein, do you still think he's innocent too?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 12:27 Verno

"the dog came charging at me, grabbing at my legs and my boots". Yeah that's kind of what dogs do with strangers near their property deputy dipshit. Shot a 12 pound terrier because it humped his boot, what a tough guy.

What a fucking thug.

News Comments > Obsidian Tease
6. Re: Obsidian Tease Nov 9, 2017, 12:04 Verno

saluk wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 11:42:
It wasn't just sega, there was a recent article about how much trouble they had in general working on the game. It was their first game developed outside of the bioware toolset/template, on their own so to speak, so they may have been a bit overambitious with it.

Interesting, I'll hunt around for it. I remember one of the things I hated about AP was the weird check pointing they would do. It felt so out of place in the kind of game they were making. The combat was awkward as hell and the difficulty spikes were bizarre. They kind of lulled you into a false sense of security, thinking you could go full stealth but some sections were insane without a leveled combat skill.

But damned if it didn't have some of the best RP and branching I've seen in a game.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 12:00 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 11:04:
Man, Kevin Spacey is DONE. He won't be able to get a spot in a commercial anymore.

Talk about going from being high A list to trash in the space of one tweet.

He's a sexual predator and a pedophile for sure. Many of the accusations are coming from people who at the time were teenagers and those are the ones we know about. It's nice to see it being taken seriously, I was worried because often times sexual crimes against men are downplayed.

I'm happy to see the gay community isn't helping him. His "coming out" was the most conveniently timed bullshit I've seen in awhile, it was so obvious he was trying to use the gay community for PR cover.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 9, 2017, 11:36 Verno

I've rarely seen worse traffic than in Vegas so probably a good testing ground for self-driving vehicles.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Specs
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 9, 2017, 11:34 Verno

Beat me to it Creston.

Requirements:

- Loot box purchases for shareholder dividends

News Comments > Obsidian Tease
3. Re: Obsidian Tease Nov 9, 2017, 11:31 Verno

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 10:57:
I was thinking they probably regretted doing AP.

I don't think so, AP was really interesting. Shame they didn't get more time from Sega, it had a lot of potential and is one of the few true branching dialogue games with impact. It's an oft lamented game around on the web, it has some real moments of brilliance.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Intel to Develop Discrete GPUs, Hires Raja Koduri as Chief Architect. Nov 9, 2017, 09:08 Verno

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 20:15:
Holy shit, that's huge.

AMD's chief engineer for their GPU's has jumped ship and joined with Intel so they can start creating high-end discrete GPU's? Did not see that coming!

More competition is great for us consumers, but I really don't see AMD lasting very long the way things are currently going with them. They may as well just make ASIC devices for bitcoin miners at this point.

Raja fucking blew it with AMDs GPU division so that's not necessarily doing them any favors. Seriously he was so bad and uncommitted that Lisa Su had to do his fucking Computex presentation for him. IMO He's a dreamer who can't execute, he spent more time farting around as an extra on a movie set than ensuring the Vega launch would go smoothly. Taking a six month sabbatical right after launching a stinker, way to go down with the ship.

I hope Intel keeps a tight leash on him.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 8, 2017, 09:53 Verno

I remember a few people calling the Raja thing awhile ago, pretty obvious after he went on "sabbatical" after the disastrous Vega launch.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 8, 2017, 08:40 Verno

Microsoft has yet another come to jesus moment with first party IP. It's almost like you need quality games to keep people buying your shit, who would've imagined?!

They keep running at the first sign of trouble. Sunset Overdrive didn't sell that well because of our inept marketing and lack of market base at that time, ok pack it up and tell Insomniac to fuck off. Back to Gears/Forza/Halo, those will never get old!

Come buy our $500 gaming box, it has the same third party games as any other platform and nothing else. Sounds enticing to me.

18838 Comments. 942 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo