Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18981 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released
12. Re: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released Apr 17, 2018, 09:14 Verno

Creston wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 09:01:
The who of what now??

Super fun JRPG

Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M
6. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M Apr 12, 2018, 15:48 Verno

Fucking great game, super fun and lots of longevity.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 08:55 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 01:30:
Radical Heights is the #1 game on Twitch. I give up. People are sheep.

Sea of Thieves was #1 on Twitch for its launch then banished out of the top 10 after less than week. The streamers like to showcase new games to keep people interested but usually go back to the tried and true.

News Comments > Evening Previews
7. Re: Evening Previews Apr 11, 2018, 09:22 Verno

Maybe they should make something they want to make instead of chasing trends. Maybe!

Passion project my ass.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
5. Re: Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans Apr 6, 2018, 12:25 Verno

We're listening to your feedback, no real plans but it's important that we continue listening and DO STUFF RIGHT!

Thank you for your shallow microtransactional choo-choo train that was derailed by the Battlefront II debacle, leaving nothing of substance behind. A griefer's paradise with nothing to do, going from over 100k streamers down to less than 10k in a single day. Way to go Rare.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2018, 09:56 Verno

Hoop wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 21:44:
A sausage roll any day of the week over your slimy dumplings.
https://www.kidspot.com.au/kitchen/recipes/sausage-rolls-85

Puff pastry fat delivery device?

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Fix Plans
7. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 22, 2018, 13:12 Verno

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 02:57:
I watched some gameplay vids at lunch today, but the game looks boring as hell. I have no idea why it's getting so much attention.

Microsoft dumped a pile of money on streamers and the lack of any other Xbox exclusives.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Content Plans
3. Re: Sea of Thieves Content Plans Mar 22, 2018, 13:08 Verno

Their AMA was equally useless. "We are so excited to develop content at some point!" "We are looking at all of your feedback!"

It's not a very good game anyway, one of the most threadbare I've seen in awhile. You've seen everything the game has to offer after 3 hours then its repetitive and mind numbing.

Microsoft is really in the shit with their first party software. Sitting at a 67 on Metacritic, ouch.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 16, 2018, 11:08 Verno

It's news, of course he should report it. If people don't hear about this stuff its much easier for companies like EA to sweep it under the rug.

To the topic itself: star cards, crystals, crates, credits, milestones, challenges, jesus christ what a mess. When a progression system practically needs a spreadsheet to fully illustrate and explain it, you done fucked up.

How about the game just tries really hard to be fun and people play it for that reason?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 12:45 Verno

I don't know how or why but I ended up watching fucking curling this time hahah. Oh well it was a good excuse to drink.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 26, 2018, 12:44 Verno

It's almost as if the vast majority of them were pump & dump schemes  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
16. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 26, 2018, 12:10 Verno

Been beating the shit out of my OLED for a long time now and zero problems to report. It is fucking gorgeous and worth every penny. If it succumbs to burn-in 5 years from now then oh well, the quality and performance was worth it. I highly doubt it will be a problem though, I have a 2007 plasma that is still going strong.  

News Comments > R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax
52. Re: R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax Feb 22, 2018, 12:40 Verno

Dumb idea for a tax and game makers would find easy ways around this like Hollywood has with the comic book era and PG13. I'm not exactly confident that RI will really use the money effectively either.  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves System Requirements
21. Re: Sea of Thieves System Requirements Feb 14, 2018, 10:26 Verno

Microsoft Store, yeah no thanks.  

News Comments > EA versus Battlefield 1 Cheaters
13. Re: EA versus Battlefield 1 Cheaters Feb 6, 2018, 13:18 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 12:16:
getting accidentally banned is a situation that can be rectified via customer service. It's not like being sent to jail for a crime you didn't commit. Online multiplayer games *must* get a handle on this, or they won't survive.

Customer service haha. More like "buy another copy cheater", that's pretty much how most companies handle it. Companies always give some horseshit line about how their software can't do that and then later on when it turns out it did, they just say it was a small percentage of users.

I hate playing with cheaters but on an open platform there is no getting a handle on this. It will always be a problem until companies start using proper isolation techniques involving jails or dockers which will likely need platform support from Microsoft. Some companies certainly make it easier than others though, people shouldn't be able to teleport around or kill you from distances that aren't possible, don't trust the client that much.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2018, 11:49 Verno

No worries. Yeah it was an amazing game. I know people like to hate on Brady and the Patriots but dude had a 505 yard game at 40 years old. Didn't have the comeback drama of last years Superbowl but still very good.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2018, 11:29 Verno

Grumpy Sod wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 11:08:
Could someone explain to an outsider how a game where (afaik) you HAVE to field a defensive line vs an offensive line can be deemed to have low defensive quotient? Genuinely curious. Haven't watched a Superbowl in a loooong time /brit

I didn't say that but I will explain it since you quoted me. They set a record for yards last night man and there was only a single sack. I thought both teams played very competently on defense for the most part but it's easy to see why people are saying that. It was just a crazy night for both teams offense. Foles especially played the game of his life.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2018, 10:44 Verno

The best commercial was actually for The Voice of all things, totally hilarious.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2018, 10:20 Verno

Very entertaining, both teams played well and it was nice to see a crazy offensive game for a change. I also consumed a ridiculous amount of chicken wings and pizza so it was win-win for everyone as far as I'm concerned  

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released
9. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 11:33 Verno

Even better than the PS4 version. I think this is my third time playing this game and depressingly I will have put like 400 hours into it by the time its over  

18981 Comments. 950 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo