Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18038 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
7. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 26, 2015, 08:42 Verno

Rigs wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 00:32:
Hey, I'm still trying to finish the original! No really, I'm like 25% in. I just started about four days ago...yeah, yeah, I had a back log, ok?

EDIT: Oh! And, btw, for those that were so sure I didn't know how to configure my system (ahem...HARLOCK!) and this was the reason I was getting shitty fps? Well, I updated last night to the 1.5.0 patch, finally, and it's smooth as *(^$# butter! I knew it wasn't my system! This is exactly the same thing that happened with GTA5 when I first got it. It ran like ASS. to the point of being unplayable but after two patches...runs smooth as silk. So, again, I say, texture streaming issues are the game's fault! Yeah, I have a crappy 1gb 7850 but it still holds it's own...

=-Rigs-=

No offense but I can't believe you're trying to play these games with a 1GB videocard. I guess maybe I'm too used to all of my high res bells and whistles but I couldn't do that.

Playing: Stardew Valley, Doom, Windward
Watching: Preacher, Outcast, The Program
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
13. Re: Diablo III Patched Aug 26, 2015, 08:36 Verno

PHJF wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 22:11:
I don't know if they'll backtrack on something so pointedly old-school, an effort to blatantly pander to series veterans that do nothing but bitch about how the older games are better.

Don't worry, we don't play Diablo 3 anymore!

Some of us do, it's a much better game now.

News Comments > Risen 3 Graphics Rise
22. Re: Risen 3 Graphics Rise Aug 25, 2015, 15:03 Verno

The combat in Risen never quite clicked for me and I found the writing just off somehow. I just sort of lost interest early on and moved onto other titles. Maybe I'll give it a go again in the future.  

News Comments > The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled
13. Re: The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled Aug 25, 2015, 12:52 Verno

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 10:42:

Pretty much the same. We all played MGS on the NES because back then there weren't 800 million games to pick from. I picked up Zero when it came out for the PS4 and it was pretty cool, but I've not played any of the games between the two. I just watched a history of the series and it looks like all I missed was one of the most convoluted, confusing, and frankly idiotic stories of all time. The gameplay in Zero was great, though, and I'm looking forward to Phantom Pain.

Indeed, Metal Gear has one of the most bizarre, incomprehensible stories and even just trying to do a tl;dr version of it produces something insane sounding. This game on the other hand is the opposite of most of the previous games, almost all gameplay and very little story which suits me fine. One of the older games I had to sit through a 30 minute story segment that put JRPGs to shame.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released
15. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released Aug 25, 2015, 12:47 Verno

Looks like tons of improvements here, be happy to check this out when I'm done with Dark Souls 2. I never had any noticeable problems with load times but I was running it on an SSD.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 11:11 Verno

1badmf wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 10:48:
i shoulda said i'm not new to this, just wondering if someone knew something i didn't.

apparently the only sound card that can hardware decode dolby is the old audigy2 line. i just bought one for $38 bucks off amazon, but i was wondering if someone knew a way to, say, do it in software from a spdif source. i kludged together something years ago but it was laggy as fuck. was hoping someone came up with a better solution in the intervening time. it's really surprising no one has considering i'm sure what i'm trying to do is pretty common - hook up their console to their PC's a/v system.

It's not that common, most people have separate setups for consoles and PCs because they tend to be physically separated in the household. There used to be a lot more options before most of the soundcard vendors died off but nowadays its a wasteland since its fairly niche. Anyways my advice is to get a cheap receiver but good luck with whatever you decide.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
8. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 11:05 Verno

Task wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 10:59:
Servers should just ban the IRNV from being equippable on a Night map, if they even have the possibility.

You can't unfortunately. You can ban weapons in a very clumsy way through plugins but not attachments. Or at least I've never found a way, if anyone has one that would be awesome. An admin can sit around banning people he sees using one but that's about it.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 10:21 Verno

Yeah that was always my problem with the night map in BF3, everyone just used IRNV. Hell a ton of people just use them in day maps even.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 25, 2015, 09:58 Verno

Can't wait to play Mega man 2 again. The only game to make me controller toss more than From Software titles.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 09:52 Verno

It depends. TrueHD and DTS HD? Nope. Just Dolby Digital or DTS? I'm sure there are some overpriced soundcards which can do it. I know Asus makes one that does Dolby, not sure about DTS. You could also see if your motherboard supports it but I doubt it, most just do passthru. Maybe some monster Asus model that costs $300 might but you would have to check their website. I remember seeing some weird external boxes that did this awhile ago but I think they just output 2.0 after decoding.

To be honest it sounds like a really convoluted setup, I would just get a cheap receiver and call it a day. You want your PC to act like a receiver but its never going to be great at that. Less hassle and probably less time/money spent overall. What you want is perfectly doable if you can live with 2.0 sound though.

A long time ago I did recordings of PS2 games and had it all hooked up to my PC. It was a kludge of wires and annoyances, things never quite worked right and it cost me way more than I anticipated. I was stuck with stereo sound as well. I ended up tossing the whole setup and getting a $150 receiver.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 25, 2015, 09:13 Verno

Twitter will start declining soon. The generational overlap has moved to other chat/post services and while celebrities will keep it afloat for awhile I think we'll see user base declines in the next year.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2015, 09:06 Verno

While we're talking about privacy, I was reading the other day that they were charging for user profile deletion but never actually deleted the information. That's some despicable shit right there and definitely grounds for a lawsuit.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2015, 09:02 Verno

People cheat for a lot of reasons and not everyone who used the site was a cheater. I read an interview yesterday with a woman and her disabled husband, he couldn't perform sexually due to a physical limitation. She had his blessing to use the site because everyone has needs and all that. Now with her info out there it could affect their livelihood as co-workers and colleagues might look unfavorably on the situation despite them not knowing the whole story. That's to say nothing of friends and family.

I'm sure the site had its share of cheating jerks and all that but I don't presume to know everyones reasons or conclude that they're all nefarious evildoers who deserve it. 3 years ago I was seeing a great woman and just couldn't commit due to work related pressure and being at a crossroads in life. She really loved me but I was distant emotionally and largely indifferent to the relationship. She cheated as a way of acting out and getting my attention. I never forgave her but I do understand, I helped create that situation. I don't think she deserves her private profile photographs and information leaked to the general public. Most people don't cheat in a healthy relationship and people don't always do the rational thing, we're all human.

Millions had their private photographs and profile information leaked, credit card numbers and so on. How about we separate the moral act from the real crime here? It seems like people just want to conflate them. People can be doing something wrong and still have a wrong done to them. It doesn't make either party blameless but the summary judgment from some here is pretty ridiculous, especially when people don't know the circumstances.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2015, 09:10.

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2015, 08:40 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 03:07:
Meh, the Dutch angle helps communicate the disorientation Thor feels at losing his powers and being exiled.

Maybe in a few scenes but it was a good chunk of the film. It was over used. That's not the films biggest mistake anyway, that script was dreadful.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 24, 2015, 15:02 Verno

We managed to make online shopping even lazier somehow, truly impressive. Even if I was so lazy that I needed something like this it would be to get the lowest priced item of that kind, not just from one manufacturer who is guaranteed to screw you on the price.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 24, 2015, 14:53 Verno

No one deserves a medal for committing multiple crimes and releasing unauthorized personal info. They made a decision for millions of other people that they had no right to in the first place, one with many unintended consequences. I don't think some people realize how serious it is. It could put peoples lives in danger by outing their sexual orientation in countries that do not tolerate same sex relationships. I'm sure a few people will kill themselves over a lost marriage and it will ruin more than a few childhoods. For what? Just so people can judge others bedroom conduct and feel morally superior for 5 minutes.

It's none of my business and I don't want anyone hurt over it, I can't believe people are saying otherwise. And before the "maybe they shouldve thought about before blahblahblah" crowd comes in, maybe you should think about the mistakes you've made in your life and how you would like to be judged too. Hugely disappointed in the public response to this.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2015, 15:00.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 11:59 Verno

It's 7 games out of hundreds, hes fine and nothing will happen as hes entirely within their policies and not abusing it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 24, 2015, 10:57 Verno

They will just make season characters online only and avoid dupes.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 10:23 Verno

I went from Frontpage on Windows to vim on FreeBSD then finally back to Dreamweaver after joining a windows shop again. It took me forever to stop using Dreamweaver after years of familiarity with it but these days I use Komodo which I can't recommend enough.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 24, 2015, 09:27 Verno

Windows is actually pretty decent now with base drivers, I've swapped motherboards on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 without reinstalling, no issues. Windows 7 on the other hand can be an issue depending on the chipset drivers installed.  

18038 Comments. 902 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo