Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18414 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
51. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 15, 2017, 10:17 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 21:51:
I feel like some people just want Andromeda to fail and are looking for any nitpick they can find to support their cynicism. It's an odd phenomenon that's grown increasingly common these days. It's definitely more prevalent with prequels, spin-offs and spiritual successors from different developers.

Maybe I've just become more mellow with age but I find it's easier to just enjoy games based on their strengths instead of looking for reasons to hate them.

I guess I'm the opposite. My time is important to me so I'm more critical. I find the adult version of me isn't as willing to tolerate shitty writing or trudge through laborious sections of games. I work for a living, I don't need to do it at home too. GF, kids, etc all suck up time man. I love to sit down and chill with games, they just need to be good. Put differently there are way too many good games out to waste time on things that aren't awesome.

I'm not totally going to write this off yet but there are a lot of warning signs.

Playing: Zelda BOTW, Dark Souls 3, Watch_Dogs 2
Watching: Fences, Black Sails, The Expanse
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video
14. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video Mar 15, 2017, 10:06 Verno

People always laud the MP for these games but its just mindless fucking Horde mode shit with gambling additions. The MP is absolutely crap IMO.

I'm worried about the SP too. I watched the opening mission thing on Youtube, one of the first things you see is the same fucking sky vortex shit from Inquisition with a palette swap. Same fucking floating rock bullshit, recycled assets and animations even. The series always had some spiritual crap ramrodded in there but it seems like they've dialed it up to 11. The opening mission had some of the most cringe worthy dialogue I've seen in awhile.

I like Mass Effect games so I'm trying to stay optimistic but the gameplay demos so far have been derivative crap. It seems like as a studio Bioware either isn't interested in taking creative risks or they're being hamstrung by their parent company.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
29. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 16:25 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:14:
Exactly right they are not on the most important screens to me ever... Mine. Zero. Get control of your pc's people. I can't take on the pain of the world.

No one asked you to give a fuck, you're the one saying it isn't a problem to anyone else just because it doesn't affect you. Asking average users to understand that ads = "Show sync provider notifications" is pretty dumb, much like expecting everyone else to share your technical acumen.

So don't worry, no one wants you to take on anything, go back to sleep.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2017, 16:35.

9. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 12:54 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:38:
Right, I did all my units to Win10 for free, many. Haven't seen an ad yet. I'm lucky that way. Now if there were ads and I couldn't do anything about them, yes that would get under me some, if it were kept to a minimum, probably can swallow. However if it became like the Xbox, then yes problem. Still have those Win7 images on file just in case. But until then... I'm going with what my eyes see and my mind tells me, so far, zero ads. Wait let me count them one more time... yes zero.

Its out of the box configured to display ads dude. OneDrive in File Explorer, ads on the start screen, Ads for the notification center and even Windows Spotlight itself shows ads on the screen saver. Maybe you haven't noticed them or disabled them but they are certainly there.

I hate ads in general but I recognize its totally fine for Microsoft to do whatever they want with their OS. In fact I've frequently defended Windows 10 on here when people are spouting bullshit about it. What I don't like is their attempt to mask the settings from users. Be clear and transparent, it's not so much to ask regardless of how much anyone paid for the product.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 12:08 Verno

Yeah I'm not thrilled with their efforts to turn the userbase into ad mine for themselves. I would be more ok with it if they didn't try to hide the toggles under different categories and other bullshit. If they aren't doing anything wrong then don't try to obfuscate it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 13, 2017, 11:57 Verno

Zelda is the only Switch game that is worth buying anyway  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 13, 2017, 08:55 Verno

In case anyone was wondering, Wildlands is a soulless piece of shit. Same shitty formula from Far Cry with outposts combined with the Ubisoft Terrain Generator 2.0. The world feels empty and pointless, much like your generic and repetitive objectives in it.

It is a bad game.

News Comments > Morning Patches
10. Re: Morning Patches Mar 10, 2017, 17:07 Verno

Yes, yes, 'it should have been there to begin with!'. I think they know that. (How could they not know that by now?!) I really have to commend the devs that are still there at HG working on this, after the dumpster firestorm of shit and subsequent damning to hell for eternity that was it's release.

I won't commend them, they don't get brownie points from me for doing the right thing after fucking over so many people. They lied to their customers and failed to deliver on heavily marketed features. The least they can do is patch the game.

Does anyone realistically think this will ever be like what was promised? I have zero faith in their long term interest in the game, especially given their recent staff postings.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Mar 10, 2017, 15:38 Verno

Darks wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:32:
I don't see how there can be any proper reviews of Wildlands out yet. Its going to take anyone a few good weeks of solid game play to get though all of the content and story.

There is no way I can take anyones review of this game as solid.

The press are often given advance play copies. I feel like someone can still offer a substantive opinion on a game even if they don't fully complete the story, its contextual.

Even if I agreed with you, the gameplay is dinged pretty badly in the review too and has little to do with his story beefs.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 9, 2017, 11:49 Verno

sauron wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 10:48:
Wow, if I had bought a 1080, I would be pretty annoyed by this. The Ti seems to replace that card since it is significantly faster and a similar price? Or am I getting my facts wrong?

Why? I own a 1080 and I have no need for this currently. I don't game at 4k and its been driving my setup fine for almost a year. I don't begrudge them putting out a newer iteration, I'm used to the inevitable march of progress. Something newer is always around the corner, you have to buy for your current needs.

News Comments > Ion Cancelled
6. Re: Ion Cancelled Mar 8, 2017, 08:44 Verno

Dean Hall seems to be a great ideas guy who is not so good on follow through. Calling him a wanker seems pretty harsh, he just needs to hook up with someone who can rein him in whenever he goes off track into featureland.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
68. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 8, 2017, 08:17 Verno

Rigs wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:54:
Just couldn't keep your mouth shut, could ya?

Kind of an ironic comment considering the source, probably wouldn't be what I would've led with. Also kind of weird that you keep tabs on me but whatever floats your boat I guess.

You wouldn't understand trying to be civil and mature and taking the high road out of an argument. Out of the whole argument, out of everything that was said, you picked that to have a problem with. Inquisitive Did I not word it correctly for your tastes, o' wise one? Please, by all means, teach me the error of my ways... Movingalong

Sepharo already mentioned it but as usual you are completely unwilling to ever admit you could be handling something incorrectly and go on the offensive. Picking or continuing fights with people, calling them a bunch of names, editing their quotes after putting them on ignore then responding yet again and so on is not the high road. If you want to ignore people then just ignore them, no one cares and the posturing looks silly.

You can get in a bunch of insults or whatever now, I just wanted to clarify since it seemed like you weren't understanding despite saying you did. I won't follow up further to this topic as its just going to descend further.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2017, 17:19 Verno

The attach rate on Zelda is going to be absolutely insane, like Halo numbers.  

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2017, 17:11 Verno

I checked out Zelda at a buddys place and its one of the coolest games I've ever played. Most of the people here are just going off random reddit posts and acting like they are gospel for all owners.

The Switch is really underpowered compared to a gaming PC...and no one really cares apparently. Gameplay trumps all, look at Zelda. I like a lot of the franchises on Nintendo consoles so I'll probably pick one up, using my adult wallet and everything.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
59. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 7, 2017, 14:01 Verno

Rigs wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 23:29:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 15:47:
>Childish bullshit<

I'm sorry that I clicked your name to see what you said, since you're now 'Ignored'.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
1. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 10:12 Verno

They made one of the largest disappointments in gaming history so I doubt I will be checking out their follow up. I don't feel like they've adequately delivered on the initial promises, let alone earned a reprieve on a sequel. Big meh.

Sean Murray lied his ass off about NMS too so whatever they say about this game, expect the opposite.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda
74. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Mar 3, 2017, 10:08 Verno

I swore I clicked on Mass Effect. God this place is depressing lately, maybe I will have to join the calls for more active moderation.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month
63. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 3, 2017, 09:35 Verno

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 19:05:
I have had numerous IPS and VA panels over the years and they have their pros and cons.

Contrary to what you are saying VA definitely has better image quality. It has better contrast (black is black) and better colors.
IPS displays very often times suffer from IPS glow, ghosting, backlight bleeding and comparatively poor contrast and colors but they usually have better response times in ms (less latency).

VA viewing angles are objectively worse which matters hugely for TVs and less so for monitors. Contrast is definitely better with VA but that's only apparent in dark rooms, most people have their main TV in brightly lit rooms which nullifies the advantage. For computer monitors its a different story obviously. IPS ghosting is largely a problem of the past outside of low end models, glow on the other hand can be annoying.

I've never really had a VA monitor I was happy with over the long term but there have been a few TVs I really liked. I'm simplifying of course, there's so many factors involved. For example I will pay a happy premium for the Sony OLED over LG just to have the superior Sony picturing processing engine even if the underlying tech is essentially the same.

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Reviews
74. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 3, 2017, 08:44 Verno

The gaming performance issues I'm seeing across all reviews are frankly disappointing. It seems like they're still not close enough on IPC. I have an Intel platform already and this isn't enough to make me upgrade, I guess I'll see how optimization comes along over the next few years.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 2, 2017, 16:43 Verno

Oh boy Friend Codes, just what people wanted Rolleyes

Fucking Nintendo.

18414 Comments. 921 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo