Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18908 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
77. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 14:05 Verno

"Why wont they see things my way?!" isn't really going to get you anywhere in this political climate. Just go find someone electable and support them in 2020. Get involved in local politics. Donate actual money to a political campaign. Trying to brow beat Beaver into agreeing with you is uh LOL. He's trolling you anyway, he believes none of it.

Protip - NOT FUCKING OPRAH

Playing: Nioh, Persona 5, Ys VIII
Watching: The Cloverfield Paradox, Cardinal, American Gods
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2018, 13:48 Verno

Holidays + PUBG + X launch and huge discounts on the S. Microsoft has outsold the PS4 before, the question is can they keep up the momentum? I doubt it.

Neither company outsold Nintendo last month.

72. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:44 Verno

"truth weather" is the new catchphrase of this thread  

69. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:40 Verno

Yifes wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:09:
The conservative establishment fought him yes, but the moment he became the GOP nominee the conservatives lost their balls and sucked up. You have more sycophants like Christie than people like McCain. The fact that the majority of conservatives stoop so low as to continually support Trump is what's sad.

"Lost their balls", not really, they just straight up "lost" to Trump. Asking a political party to sit around for the next 4-8 years and not wield power that they hold isn't terribly realistic. Most of these people have to answer to their constituents and whatever corporate interests put them there.

I guess they could stage some sort of bizarre impeachment scenario though on what grounds, I have no idea. Then we'll get....President Pence, assuming Trump is able to be removed from office over whatever he was charged with. I'm not sure people are being careful about they wish for here

55. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:05 Verno

Yifes wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:54:
The fact that conservatives stooped so low to support him is what's sad for America.

Not really, Trump basically stole the nomination and bulled his way into the presidency. The Conservative establishment fought him every step of the way until it was too late to do anything. Trump essentially hijacked the Republican party and made utter fools of the Dems as well.

The ESA rebuking anyone is pretty amusing stuff though. The industry's shill service that defends gambling sold to minors is upset on moral grounds hahaha.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
39. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 11, 2018, 12:51 Verno

ventry wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 23:19:
BEN SHAPIRO 2024!!!!
(After Trump has had his second term) LOL!

Are you kidding or serious?

News Comments > Dark Souls Remastered for PCs?
4. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 11:27 Verno

Fucking hell, I will have to double dip now. Loved this shit.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
21. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2018, 15:24 Verno

NKD wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 11:21:
Ugh the Oprah thing is awful.

We're learning a tough lesson in why you want a politician and not an outsider in the big chair. The job is simply too big for someone who has to rely in a crash course on politics. Your "outsider" simply becomes a rubber stamp being guided by the flattery of sycophants because they don't have enough confidence in their knowledge to actually LEAD.

Plus the amount of snake oil and stupidity that Oprah has signal boosted over the years is unforgiveable.

The Dems put her up and it'll be a fucking disaster. I'd rather vote for Shillary than Oprah.

Oprah would be the worst possible choice I can dream up...except for maybe Miley Cyrus.

You're right though about being careful with predictions. As Gibbon said:

"During many ages, the prediction, as it is usual, contributed to its own accomplishment."

News Comments > NVIDIA BFGD Revealed
35. Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Jan 10, 2018, 12:04 Verno

Yeah I do this as well. My house has Cat6 drops in every room and I have a Steam Link connected to my TV via the internal gigabit network. Performance and latency is pretty much flawless. There's still some games I prefer to play in the chair though, doesn't hurt that I have an Aeron at home  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 10, 2018, 09:44 Verno

Err I hate to be cynical but it looks shallow as a puddle and like a giant vehicle for microtransactions. When was the last time Rare made a good game again?  

33. Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Jan 9, 2018, 15:27 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 05:01:
$8K strikes me as a bit high, but $3K I could see easily. Maybe even $4K.

I think he was kidding but yeah I agree, I can easily see 3k considering it includes both gsync and a Shield Tegra SoC. About the only thing that would keep the price down is the fact that they didn't go with an OLED panel.

Nvidia needs to sort out their frame cadence and HDR color profile issues with the Shield but they've been very good about updating it so hopefully those get resolved soon.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 9, 2018, 14:14 Verno

Fion wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 14:10:
I don't use my smart phone very much on purpose. I don't participate in social media because of these issues, and my dislike of how much they track you, listen to your conversations, etc.

My smartphone is handy as a tool but I try to use it sparingly just because its so easy to dive into constant distraction. It's really just a mobile PC at this point so it has all of the same advantages and disadvantages.

Social media on the other hand adds no value to my life, its an endless ocean of cat photos, memes and make believe lifestyle photos. I maintain an account on FB for work related stuff and to interact with a few backwards relatives but that's about it. I check it maybe once every few weeks and never find I'm missing much.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
73. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2018, 11:48 Verno

I can't anything online to support your claims here so I'm going to stick with the official sources on these things, I found three to support the RCMP. Also the Toronto Police Service's staffing issues in 2017 were largely related to ongoing disputes with city council about reduced staffing numbers and morale. Violent crime is up largely in proportion with the amount of officers reduced over the period of 2010-2016.  

2. Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Jan 8, 2018, 11:31 Verno

I'll stick with my OLED for now. It's really nice but lacks a tuner and the only real upgrade for me would be variable sync which will be cheaper when HDMI 2.1 finally goes mainstream.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 5, 2018, 12:40 Verno

Netflix is basically just blanketing Hollywood with money and seeing what sticks. In a way this is fantastic because we're getting a lot of unique stuff that would never be greenlit by studios. On the other hand its bad because we're seeing a lot of crap that would never be greenlit by studios

You take the good with the bad.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
71. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 4, 2018, 15:19 Verno

I've only been following this for kicks but that claim you just made seems way off base. I looked up the RCMP estimates, they peg it around 20 million total between both registered and unregistered.
That's their absolute highest pie in the sky figure too.

I'm not personally concerned with the number of guns, I think I'm more worried about what kind of guns they are. Canada has a lot less "restricted" gun ownership compared to America where you can legally own things that should only be used in the military. I'm not sure this makes situations like this more palatable but I'm sure glad I'm not a police officer down here.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2018, 10:58 Verno

I smoke more than I grill but last year my GF convinced me to make the swap over to gas. It was a pretty short run so the line only cost $200 and I had a spare flex laying around for the hookup. I ended up getting a nice gas grill on sale and I'm very happy with it so far. I really like the convenience and no complaints with the performance.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2018, 10:36 Verno

Good riddance Kinect.  

56. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2017, 14:04 Verno

Given your spiritual leanings, it will be interesting to see what you make of the ending of Horizon kxmode  

53. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2017, 12:56 Verno

Missed this earlier due to the political stuff:

I'm addicted to Horizon Zero Dawn. I have no words to describe how amazing it is. Concurrently, I feel more comfortable with a PS4 controller; never thought I'd see that. Plus the PS4 has so many exclusive past, present, and future. Overall the PS4 PRO is great. If you had any inkling to buy one, get it. It's worth it, especially if you have a 4K screen.

Glad you're enjoying it kxmode, I felt the same way. The story gets much better towards the end and I liked their approach to sidequests, felt more like The Witcher 3. BOTW was so good that I think this game got overlooked by many.

I feel the same way about the PS4. Xbox as a platform has nothing to offer me but the Nintendo and Sony exclusives are fantastic. I will always love PC gaming but I can't imagine not having those fantastic experiences on the console side of things.

18908 Comments. 946 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo