Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18043 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
28. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 09:44 Verno

DA:I is decent but not great. Good characters and world design brought down by boatloads of filler content, a lack of fleshed out sidequests and a wonky combat system caught between two types of gameplay. I enjoyed it and it was worth the money but its a shame that it was just on the cusp of great but held back by some very stupid design decisions. For $15 you can't go wrong though.  
Playing: Stardew Valley, Doom, Windward
Watching: Preacher, Outcast, The Program
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2015, 14:33 Verno

I'm just playing FO4 for my SP game and Vermintide for my MP fix. Anything else goes on the back burner until its cheaper. Win win situation. At least I'll have a healthy backlog of entertainment for my retirement one day haha.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 25, 2015, 14:32 Verno

DarkCntry wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:02:
Bill Borre wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:59:
I think rather than try to punish bad players they should look into designing games that reward players for teamwork. For example, they could track some kind of ratio of attempts at completing an instance over completions and reward the better cooperative players with goodies the others don't get.

Toxic players != bad players, they are players that make it difficult for others to enjoy the game if they aren't playing up to the Toxic player's own opinion of quality...so rewarding good playing doesn't help in this case.

Yep exactly. Some people are just interested in pissing off others and aren't redeemable community members. Your best bet with people like that is simply getting rid of them and in lieu of that, remove incentives for them to dodge bans.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 14:15 Verno

JayDeath wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:20:
It sounds like that Blair is a real asshole. Holy shit, I would lose my fuckin' mind if my kid brought some bullshit like this down on my family.

Err ok he was a tool but do you think he "brought it down" on their household? Kind of a ridiculously disproportional response. The hacker in question has numerous other offenses and is probably just the type who is looking for trouble anyway. Got family members fired, harassed them all with death threats, swatting and other bullshit. The little chickenshit even brags about it sitting in Finland, safe behind the computer screen. Nothing they did deserved that and you can't blame them for basically being hit by lightning. He could've done nothing at all and still incurred this idiots "wrath".

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2015, 14:20.

5. Re: Historic Rocket Landing Nov 25, 2015, 13:40 Verno

Come on guys its not rocket sc....oh nice.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 25, 2015, 13:27 Verno

That's disingenuous at best. It checks things against a list of known malware and lets the user make a decision if its unknown. It is not designed to "drive traffic" anywhere, it was designed to help prevent malware via drive-by downloads.  

7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 25, 2015, 12:24 Verno

You can do better CJ, that's pretty tame  

5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 25, 2015, 11:11 Verno

I don't agree. People wanted faster updates, they delivered. Faster updates come at the cost of less polish and things being missed. They missed a few things, not a big deal. There are other settings they could've toggled that would make a lot more money.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. They're being responsible and fixing it quickly, people should be lauding that sort of corporate behavior.

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 25, 2015, 09:32 Verno

The actual settings forgotten were:

-Let apps use my advertising ID
-Turn on SmartScreen Filter for web content
-Sync with devices

Not exactly a conspiracy.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Command Warning
18. Re: Fallout 4 Console Command Warning Nov 24, 2015, 16:04 Verno

NKD wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 15:17:
Console commands are pretty much a requirement to make a decent looking settlement. Gotta tinker with collision and use precision positioning commands etc.

Also pretty essential for advancing quests that have become broken as is usual for Bethesda.

I don't know, I've made some pretty spiffy settlements with the base game and my imagination. The clipping stuff gets annoying but I can usually workaround it. It is weird how much they limited the item pool though. In terms of broken stuff I think this is my first Bethesda game where everything just works. Maybe I've been lucky so far but no crashes, no script trigger problems or etc. It's just been smooth sailing.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2015, 10:38 Verno

Happy belated birthday Blue.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Apology
1. Re: PAYDAY 2 Apology Nov 23, 2015, 10:15 Verno

Second time they've said sorry but done nothing about the update that upset everyone.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 09:11 Verno

Fallout 4 is so much more fun when you get to Diamond City and start getting more direction. The various sidequests tie into a lot of different locations and give them more context. Having a great time with the game still. I kind of regret going for local leader so quickly in my build, I feel a bit underpowered for some quests but I suspect they're the ones I'm expected to use Power Armor for.

The dialog mod is essential, its such a small change but makes a huge difference.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2015, 09:07 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 17:23:
I never saw the third Riddick on account of people saying it was basically "pitch black reloaded." (I would have gladly gone to see another movie about the Necromongers.)

Anyone here see it? I thought it bombed too, so to see a fourth one being made seems strange.

It was exactly that but perfectly executed, a great movie. The necromongers space soap opera stuff was never that compelling IMO and I'm glad they stopped. The CGI budget on that stuff would've sunk the franchise.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2015, 15:28 Verno

I've always used a Roku or FireTV for streaming, the consoles use a lot more power and have other annoyances. The PS4 can't be powered up using the Harmony remote for example, Sony only lets "official" controllers do that. It can power it down though, go figure. So if you wanted to watch a show or something you would need to grab a controller, power up PS4, grab your remote and control everything. It's just an unnecessary layer. Both consoles also have constant updates that are basically closing potential piracy loopholes under the guise of "various improvements" which means you can't do anything network related until they install of course.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2015, 10:19 Verno

I don't think we need a second console in the house anymore so I'll probably be skipping the Xbox One entirely this gen. Between Steam, the girlfriends Wii U and the PS4 we're more than covered.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
28. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 09:33 Verno

He might not affect the Lone Wanderer perk but he provides +15 to Getting Stuck In Doors While Fighting. Bethesda also gave him a +5 Run After Random Shit Offscreen While I'm Sneaking perk that I don't want.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
140. Re: removed Nov 20, 2015, 09:28 Verno

Krovven wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 05:32:
Only pussies hide behind passive aggressive insults.

Yeah that's real classy. You broke the rules around here for the umpteenth time and you abuse the guy who provides the free community and inexplicably tolerates your inane childish behavior.

You're a wart.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 15:19 Verno

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 14:43:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 11:10:
What is interesting I would be more interested in these machines running windows.

It would not be interesting at all unless you have money to flush down the toilet. You can build a MUCH better living-room HTPC for a fraction of the price of these overpriced Steam garbage machines. And you get to cherry-pick your own components.

I don't know about this, I've done some ITX sized builds and they are expensive unless you cheap out on parts. If you want a tower in your living room you can do that cheap maybe. Some of the steam machines aren't bad at all in price to performance, especially when you consider the potential target market that just wants a 10 foot interface and cheap games. These are largely being built to order anyway, I doubt anyone is taking a big hit if they don't sell well.

Personally I would rather just keep my tower and use a Steam Link to stream from that so that I get better compatibility. I have to admit though its pretty impressive how far SteamOS came in a few years. If only the driver situation on Linux wasn't such a shitshow and publishers took the market seriously at all. It's hard enough getting stuff ported well, let alone a working Linux build.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 11:27 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 11:08:
I still don't understand what niche Steam Machines were suppose to fill.

It's Valve hedging their bets in case Microsoft goes full retard with the Windows Store or Windows in general. I see people on forums all the time asking for build advice or specs for their first computer, probably just aimed at that crowd.

Remember when games started out on DOS/Windows? It was a shit show and a lot of them were annoying to run. Now look at where we are. SteamOS had to start somewhere. Whether it ends up being a viable platform is anyones guess but I appreciate the option. Its nowhere close to being a viable main platform without a Windows Host somewhere else in the house but its come a long way in a short period of time.

They didn't take much risk on it anyway. They were smart enough to let others build the machines and instead did the controller/link so if the whole thing goes nowhere then they haven't waste a lot of resources.

18043 Comments. 903 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo