Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18827 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 28, 2017, 14:52 Verno

I'd be more partial to Elizabeth Warren but she isn't a great orator which is a pretty big deal in modern politics.  
Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2017, 14:50 Verno

It was a global phenomenon at the time, the introduction of new technology and the long awaited new film from the guy who made Terminator 2 and Titanic. To me it was lightning in a bottle and I really don't think quality and dollars have anything to do with each other. It was a mediocre film that made a lot of money and came at a very opportune time with big marketing and a huge name behind it. I guess we'll see how the follow ups do.

Mr Mercedes is fucking great, you should watch it dude! It has that amazing weirdness and watchability that marks Kings best stuff to me. No one writes human characters like King does and TV is by far the more preferable platform for his work since the longer runtimes allows for his characterization to shine.

On the other hand sometimes you get The Langoliers

9. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2017, 13:25 Verno

MacLeod wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 10:32:
4 new ones. And people can say what they want about Avatar, but the movie made 760 million domestic, and 2 billion internationally... so obviously people were going to see it.

I personally found Avatar an enjoyable movie, and the 3D has been the only movie I've actually enjoyed in a theater. i find a lot of the hate came afterwards, when it became in vogue to hate it.

Look it was a mediocre film. I don't care if the opinion is popular, unpopular, counter-culture, whatever. This isn't high school and I don't care about impressing you with my hatred of popular things or whatever you're suggesting. It had a hamfisted script that beat you over the head with its themes. The characterization was so forgettable I struggle to remember a single thing outside of archetypal traits. Yes the visual fluff was incredible and yes it had good 3D, so what? Back in 2009, that stuff mattered. Now that stuff is everyday. 3D was a potential game changer back then but its not exactly a butts in seats thing right now.

Please don't point to the gross and expect me to be impressed by the way. Plenty of shit fucking movies have big grosses. Transformers grosses big, you going to defend that one too? How about Adam Sandler trash?

Cameron has done amazing things in his career even if I haven't liked them all but Avatar is not one of those things. Sure its going to make big money in China but I don't care. It's such a waste of his talent.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 13:19 Verno

Fuck man, Hefner died? End of an era.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 28, 2017, 10:26 Verno

Uhhhhhhh GOOD! Maybe Valve will actually start giving a shit about a different game sometime.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 28, 2017, 10:24 Verno

I trust Equifax to do exactly jack shit right now. The scope of the breach is breathtaking and like many breaches, was accomplished in the most simplistic manner. It begs the question why there aren't stricter regulations for companies who possess enough information to literally derail the entire credit system.

Zip your corporate speak PR trap and spend some money on security. Stop with the PR platitudes and loophole offers.

5. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2017, 09:11 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 01:57:
Bundy wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 22:24:
It does have James Cameron behind it. And he did make the last successful one, so maybe that'll do the trick. If it doesn't, nothing will.

On the other hand, his last movie was Avatar, which lots of people don't like.

Agreed and to expand on your point, he believes so much in Avatar that hes making 3 new ones. I get that everyone loves money but god damn, dude could make money doing anything and Avatar is his fucking passion project.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 28, 2017, 09:00 Verno

Make Warcraft 4 and print money while being able to sleep at night.

Or make shitty loot box IAP gambling game for phones like sleazebags.

What the fuck Blizzard.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2017, 16:08 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 14:13:
I'm not picking on your Verno, because what you express is a fairly wide-held view, but I'm curious if not sports, where you think black people should protest. Pro sports is one of the very few places where blacks have both the power and limelight in our society. The Daily Show addressed this last night in a bit called "When is the right time for black people to protest." Watch to the end for a great tribute to Dr. Seuss.

It could be any sport, black or white dominated. Football is just my personal favorite one. I try to have empathy and hear people out but once in awhile I need an escape from the worlds problems, it's getting to be too much. Particularly when its as nasty and divisive as it was this week.

But that's ok. People have every right to protest and turn the sports world into a political circus (thanks Donald). Just like I have every right to change the channel because they're exasperating me.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2017, 15:53 Verno

On the other hand, he apparently knows it well enough to parlay 140 character messages into being President. So yeah I suspect he knows exactly what he's doing there, out of sight is out of mind for many people. You may not like the guy but hes got a killer analytics team apparently because he keeps failing upward. I guess after President though its all downhill

Oh hey did you Dems pick someone to run in 2020 yet? Who is up and coming on the left, I haven't been keeping track since electionopalypse.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2017, 13:43 Verno

A buddy of mine is a photographer and he gets requests to touch up photos all the time for everything - weddings, shoots, etc. I don't know what percentage is the people in the photo vs the company hiring him though.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2017, 12:16 Verno

On the John Oliver video, the other side of corporate consolidation is that they tend to be shitty market performers and are almost always destined to fail on a long enough timeline. As he points out though, what's more problematic is their ability to litigate and lobby to help keep their position and deny competitors the ability to enter the market. That seems to be the broader problem to me and where we need to address it rather than just trying to deny all large corporations from consolidating. Keeping the market relatively easy for competitors to enter and allow innovation is the most important thing, competition will force larger players to react or die.  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2017, 12:06 Verno

Google and Amazon's constant spats are getting tiresome.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2017, 11:13 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 10:24:
So, don't watch the pre-game. Pretty damn simple. Frankly, I usually mute or turn the channel just before the anthem anyway.

I don't care about the anthem stuff personally, I just think its not a good idea to insert our already divisive everyday politics into the sport. I also get a healthy dose of world injustices I'm supposed to care about already and yes I do choose to care about many of them. Yes you can ignore the pre-game and I am usually getting wings off the smoker then anyway. It's harder to ignore the avalanche of bullshit everywhere else. Hopefully the news cycle on this crap dies down soon.

And no, I don't hate America.

That escalated quickly

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2017, 10:22 Verno

The Hernandez CTE thing and all of the stupid politics surrounding the sport this year are definitely giving me pause. I'm not interested or receptive to social justice/personal politics in my entertainment hobbies, there are a billion other avenues for that stuff already. I get plenty of stress and "awareness" elsewhere in life, its like a constant bombardment. Football time is just supposed to be football time for me.

As we get more research about the long term health impacts (beyond injuries which were already bad enough) I find the health argument about the NFL resonates more with me.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 27, 2017, 10:11 Verno

Let's find a way to tie this into politics!  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
42. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 27, 2017, 07:57 Verno

No one knew because no one played ShootMania  

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
30. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 26, 2017, 13:47 Verno

Thanks for the heads up, that game looks fantastic. Been awhile since I've been excited by an MMO.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 13:37 Verno

Pretty sure a Republican would've went to prison for committing this crime too, especially in a NY court. I don't care where his treatment starts or when so long as its prior to release in the general public. Also that he registers as a sex offender after release because that's what he is.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 12:16 Verno

Oh right hes a Democrat, I forgot its deflection time

OCCUPY WALL STREET! Juggle

18827 Comments. 942 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo