Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18060 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2015, 11:38 Verno

$2 million. Kind of moron who is blowing his money faster than he can make it. One day not far in the future we'll be reading about how hes met with adversity and crumbled due to poor planning. Forget karma, hes just stupid.  
Playing: Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, Bravely Second, No Mans Sky
Watching: Stranger Things, The Sopranos, Suicide Squad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2015, 11:34 Verno

Too bad Freesync is pretty trash compared to G-Sync right now because otherwise I agree with you on most of that. When my old monitor died I had to go G-Sync because Freesync right now is a mess and most of the flagship monitors are mediocre. I'd argue its manufacturers who need to get their shit together with Freesync implementations, G-Sync is expensive but its fantastic. I dislike expensive closed standards but in this case it just works.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 8, 2015, 10:52 Verno

Really don't care for the bullshit deployment strategies Microsoft is employing. If people hide the app then let it be, don't issue 10 different fucking versions on Windows Update in an effort to force it through.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
11. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:52 Verno

It's unintentional and the community will work around it, happened many times before.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2015, 10:56 Verno

Yeah you're right, its even less useful. I can't place the name but they basically had a brief meeting with the Postmaster general who said that he was going to put them out of business.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2015, 09:57 Verno

Envelope only shot apparently. Also right after they shut down that company who was trying to do the same. Stay classy USPS.  

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
24. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 09:20 Verno

Exactly, I just buy their games when they're out of early access. If you aren't willing to take risks don't use early access then whine about it later, problem solved.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2015, 09:15 Verno

Aero wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 19:58:
Retired wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:31:
JC 3 is amazingly fun.

Agreed. I've apparently been lucky enough not to run into any bugs at all. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's going to be a classic, and anybody expecting something revolutionary would be disappointed, but what it definitely is is JC2 cranked up a couple notches, which is exactly what I wanted from it.

Also the gunplay mechanics are much improved, which makes firefights fun, whereas they were kind of a chore in JC2.

I think maybe it would be more appropriate to call it Just Cause 3.0.

That's good to hear, the gun mechanics in JC2 were really lame. I'm severely backlogged but I'll pick this up later on for sure.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2015, 16:45 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 12:29:
American parents are much more afraid that their children will see penises than decapitations according to a new survey commissioned by the ratings board.

And there's your problem right there, Vern.

Not sure why you're using my name here, its 5 letters btw shouldn't be tough. I can only assume you mean nin or someone else who posted. I didn't post in this thread, on this subject or even send in the story. Don't try to attach my name to your rants or whatever.

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
16. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 15:53 Verno

I'm working on a new app called Launch Your Launchers. Basically it launches your other launchers. Keep all of your handy publisher launchers in one list! I'm going to make a killing, I can feel it  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 15:41 Verno

eDave wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 16:54:
Cutter took my son under his wing back when WoW came out and really helped him get started.

I'm sure he did, right before he started his ridiculous nazi apologism, making racist comments and generally acting like an immature little twerp. The good does not outweigh the bad.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 13:45 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 13:32:
Guy did good making it to 48. To be a rocker I reckon you have to have a tormented soul.

Cats only have 9 lives and Weiland used up 15. Lucky indeed.

News Comments > Dark Souls III in April
3. Re: Dark Souls III in April Dec 4, 2015, 13:44 Verno

One of the few games I will buy a CE for. Really looking forward to this.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 10:22 Verno

Sad to see Weiland go. He had a lot of problems but was so damned talented.  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 09:29 Verno

Dem Lions Seph, what a heart breaker  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 4, 2015, 09:24 Verno

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 19:13:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 11:00:

If I was going to buy a Galaxy today it would be a S5....but chances are I wouldn't buy a Galaxy. I would probably pick a LG or a HTC if I was buying something today.

Don't ever buy an LG phone. I have an LG phone, and it's a terrifying piece of shit. It works fine as an internet device, and it plays games well, but the thing that it really should do well, the thing I bought it for, the thing it's CALLED: Being a phone, it sucks fucking donkey ass at.

It's a giant piece of shit. Don't ever buy one.

I thought the Nexus 4 was pretty decent and the G4 is nice too. LG can ok from time to time.

HTC makes wonderful phones but unfortunately doesn't have the brand cachet anymore to justify the prices. Love their phone chassis though.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 3, 2015, 14:39 Verno

Helps to only make a small supply of them.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
39. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 3, 2015, 09:08 Verno

EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Z 12G-P4-3990-KR 12GB GAMING. $1,550 at Newegg. This SINGLE card was designed specifically for 4K gaming without needing to overclock. In about 2-3 years this card will drop down to $300-400; or less

Nah it won't unless you buy one used on Craigslist or some shit. Vendors just let the channel dry up, they don't keep ordering expensive cards like and leave them in stock to sell down later. They order shitloads of lower end cards, not many higher end ones. Even used 680 Titan Blacks are like ~$600 new these days. No one eats a loss that big if they can help it.

Single card solutions are certainly preferable but not always affordable. You can get a second 970 on a deal for a third or less of a Titan. I'm not a big fan of SLI but I can see why people go for it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
28. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 3, 2015, 08:55 Verno

It's especially amusing when you consider that the same supposed spyware is in Windows 7 and Windows 8 now. Not that it's really spyware anyway, people like to throw around that label but its inappropriate in this case. You can turn off almost everything with toggles built into the operating system, it even asks you during the install what your preferences are. No one can ever provide specifics of what this supposed private data being collected is either. They just make vague allusions to nefarious background processes and shadowy dealings with advertisers or something.

I really don't care if Microsoft collects some random memory dump files and other shit either, that stuff has little value beyond software improvement. Steam and Origin collect similar info all the time, where's the rage?

Windows 7 is not any faster.

Maybe at the beginning it was due to driver immaturity, its a common theme when new OS launches occur. It certainly isn't true anymore though.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 13:19 Verno

I just use Crashplan. It can spread files around via the LAN so you don't have to worry too much and once in awhile I back it up to a colocated server. I've had a few SSD controllers die on me, storage tech in general is as reliable as your backup strategy is IMO.  

18060 Comments. 903 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo