Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18060 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2015, 12:25 Verno

Going to a local theater with a liquor license later this week to watch it with beer and wings. Can't wait, early reviews have been almost all positive.  
Playing: Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, Bravely Second, No Mans Sky
Watching: Stranger Things, The Sopranos, Suicide Squad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 17, 2015, 11:23 Verno

I switched to uBlock Origin awhile ago after finding ABP to be a bit of a resource pig. Nothing bad to say about uBlock, just works.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 17, 2015, 11:21 Verno

Big meh on that BC title list. Add some of the more niche stuff like Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia or whatever.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI
10. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VI Dec 17, 2015, 08:36 Verno

God damn they really butchered this in every way, what a shame.  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2015, 13:53 Verno

They closed the last one quickly and I have no doubt they will do the same here. Of course it doesn't matter for people who refuse it.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2015, 13:02 Verno

I'm still enjoying Penny Dreadful, solid show.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2015, 12:25 Verno

They will just push a new firmware in a day or two.  

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
62. Re: DICE Starting Dec 15, 2015, 12:21 Verno

Horrible VA, bad plot, characters you don't give a shit about, hamfisted end hook and basically wouldn't pass a 13 year old kids bullshit detector. There is a single decent set piece in the whole thing and it lasts like a minute, the rest is a boring FPS circuit complete with everything from shitty QTEs to bugged out AI stuff. Thankfully the campaign itself is mercifully short and the only reason people bothered was some unlocks for MP. It is one of the worst I've played and thats saying something for FPS games, incredibly uninspired and lackluster. The amount of resources wasted on such a piece of shit is depressing.

The one dude from The Wire seemed like he was being tortured to perform well done Dice hahah.

I hope I have lowered your expectations enough that you won't outright vomit from playing it.

News Comments > The Climb Announced
13. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 12:15 Verno

Awesome, I'm an avid climber and would love to see some interesting use of VR tech. Replay would be fine, you take different routes that offer challenges. Also looking forward to the first VR induced heart attack when someone misses a hold.  

60. Re: DICE Starting Dec 15, 2015, 11:33 Verno

You can finish the BF4 SP campaign in like a few hours, its incredibly short and very poor quality.  

News Comments > System Shock 3 Announced
8. Re: System Shock 3 Announced Dec 14, 2015, 10:52 Verno

Great thing to look forward to over the next few years.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2015, 10:46 Verno

I didn't read the article but I'm curious what they think of cell phone signals then then.  

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2015, 10:42 Verno

Defender is considered poor because its had very iffy results in comparative AV tests, not solely because it ships with Windows. In terms of the value of the tests I agree methodology is a bit up in the air but I do find some value in it. In my personal experience I've found it very poor at rootkit removal compared to other AV suites. It's update process is also very sluggish. The fact that it ships with Windows does mean its more likely to be targeted by malware authors as well but that is hard to quantify for comparison sake.

Most AV software is reactive crap but necessary to protect novice users and companies. Ad-blockers are a necessity these days, its the most prevalent vector of infection now that many users are educated about email attachments. Good user habits are also very important and count for a lot more than AV software itself but its still good to have something. I've seen so called expert users who had no idea they left a port open and got zero day'd while continuing on unawares. Many users used to notice malware infections due to disk I/O slowing the machine down but many machines having SSDs these days means thats not as likely. People think they can get by with NoScript and Adblock and its fine for the most part but things do slip through the cracks.

Also in before the "never used AV software and never been infected" person walks in and needs to have the obvious pointed out for them

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 14, 2015, 09:20 Verno

Rigs wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 18:31:
Everything about Fallout4 and nothing about Just Cause 3?! Surprise, surprise...This place practically had a group orgasm at the announcement of it, now not a peep...hmmmm....

People can only play so many games at the same time. You can go play it for the rest of us, have fun

54. Re: DICE Starting Dec 14, 2015, 09:14 Verno

I got a fair amount of mileage out of BF4 but found the flight ceiling very frustrating in jets, scout chopper was too imba and attack heli was awful. The gunplay itself was decent but forgettable. The gameplay itself suffers unless you play with buddies due to the squad mechanics being so half assed. People literally just use each other as spawn beacons and nothing more. Hardcore improves this a bit but then you're dealing with some of its inherent balance problems and stupid server rules that seem endemic to the wannabe milsim types who tend to own them.

Anyways this will be the same thing as the last game. They will ship with less features than prior games and maybe iterate some of them back months later.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Dec 11, 2015, 12:16 Verno

I got mine last week and have been playing with it a lot. There is a huge learning curve to it and the degree of customization is insane. You can basically fine tune it to suit nearly any game to your particular tastes, this has major pros and major cons. Sometimes I get the perfect settings and it feels fantastic being able to play something with a greater degree of control as opposed to a 360 controller on the couch. Other times I sit down with a new game after a long day and really don't feel like messing around for 15 minutes to get things right.

As the previous poster mentioned the BPM requirement is a major annoyance for fixing problems and fine tuning. I hear there have been large improvements over prior firmware iterations but I wouldn't know since mine is recent.

Anyways despite some niggles I really do like it as a total controller replacement with the caveat that people should make sure they're prepared to invest a bit of time and effort into ensuring it functions they way they like on a per game basis. If you want something more homogenized then no reason to stray from the usual console controllers.

News Comments > XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed
26. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 11, 2015, 11:59 Verno

Yifes wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:28:
NamecaF wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 01:59:
Most of that money you pay goes to the publishers/suits with a small percentage going to the developers. The developers still end up with a shit load of money so just imagine how fat the publishers and execs are sitting.

You'd be better off pirating it and then sending a cheque / anonymous donation to the developers directly, if you really wanted to reward them for their work.

So what if most of the money goes to the suits? (It doesn't BTW, it goes to Take-Two's shareholders) They determine what games get made, if the developers get bonuses for their games selling well, if the developer gets to make similar games in the future, etc. 2K deserves to be rewarded for putting their money behind a turn based tactical PC exclusive game in 2016. If you're a fan of PC gaming, the last thing you should do is say fuck you to these execs. If everyone behaved like you suggested, the developers would be ok for a while, but would soon be out out of a job, and there would be no XCOM 3.

Exactly. People like to think there is some fat cat middle manager who is pocketing all of the profits but they don't really understand how compensation in the industry works. Even if that were true, developers are still going to be dependent on prior sales performance for future projects to a large extent. With PC projects these days that is hugely important, every sale matters.

News Comments > XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed
25. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 11, 2015, 11:54 Verno

Simon Says wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 12:38:
THREE DLC PACKS ON RELEASE? You gotta be fucking kidding me... Well, here goes one game which I was awaiting with great anticipation to buy that I'll be pirating on release with all DLCs included. Fuck'em.

Now MoO remake, don't make that same "DLC puke in the plate" mistake please. Thanks!

I know you've since backtracked on this but it was a seriously wrong headed response and your indignation that other people would be annoyed by it is why I'm reinforcing the point. You didn't seem to understand that your mistake was two fold.

You aren't entitled to a game just because you don't like the distribution. If you really believed in what you were saying that much you would ignore the game entirely. Pirating it is just rewarding yourself and the justification fools no one. You can dress it up however you want with different terminology but you're taking something for free that you did not pay for. Instead of contributing to piracy stats and dicking over people maybe just stand on your principles next time, assuming you were serious about it in the first place.

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 11, 2015, 11:50 Verno

"wifi ban" hahaha like that was ever on the table or even in their control.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2015, 09:02 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 19:31:
I can understand liking Trump because he isn't a politician and speaks his mind. However, he has suggested we make decisions on entry to our country based someone's religious beliefs, something which is clearly against one of the main things the US stands for -- religious freedom.

Not to mention the fact just asking someone's religion when they are at the customs gate isn't exactly something that's going to actually keep determined terrorists out of the country.

Yep exactly, it's mind boggling that people think its anything other than reactionary pandering. I don't have to respect someone for speaking his mind when he's so utterly clueless on the subject. I have a lot of experience with muslim culture and I'm not a big fan for many reasons but I think its far better that we assimilate their culture rather than the other way around. The idea that we can just stop them at the airport or something is ludicrous.

18060 Comments. 903 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo