Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18802 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 28, 2017, 10:24 Verno

I trust Equifax to do exactly jack shit right now. The scope of the breach is breathtaking and like many breaches, was accomplished in the most simplistic manner. It begs the question why there aren't stricter regulations for companies who possess enough information to literally derail the entire credit system.

Zip your corporate speak PR trap and spend some money on security. Stop with the PR platitudes and loophole offers.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2017, 09:11 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 01:57:
Bundy wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 22:24:
It does have James Cameron behind it. And he did make the last successful one, so maybe that'll do the trick. If it doesn't, nothing will.

On the other hand, his last movie was Avatar, which lots of people don't like.

Agreed and to expand on your point, he believes so much in Avatar that hes making 3 new ones. I get that everyone loves money but god damn, dude could make money doing anything and Avatar is his fucking passion project.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 28, 2017, 09:00 Verno

Make Warcraft 4 and print money while being able to sleep at night.

Or make shitty loot box IAP gambling game for phones like sleazebags.

What the fuck Blizzard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2017, 16:08 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 14:13:
I'm not picking on your Verno, because what you express is a fairly wide-held view, but I'm curious if not sports, where you think black people should protest. Pro sports is one of the very few places where blacks have both the power and limelight in our society. The Daily Show addressed this last night in a bit called "When is the right time for black people to protest." Watch to the end for a great tribute to Dr. Seuss.

It could be any sport, black or white dominated. Football is just my personal favorite one. I try to have empathy and hear people out but once in awhile I need an escape from the worlds problems, it's getting to be too much. Particularly when its as nasty and divisive as it was this week.

But that's ok. People have every right to protest and turn the sports world into a political circus (thanks Donald). Just like I have every right to change the channel because they're exasperating me.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2017, 15:53 Verno

On the other hand, he apparently knows it well enough to parlay 140 character messages into being President. So yeah I suspect he knows exactly what he's doing there, out of sight is out of mind for many people. You may not like the guy but hes got a killer analytics team apparently because he keeps failing upward. I guess after President though its all downhill

Oh hey did you Dems pick someone to run in 2020 yet? Who is up and coming on the left, I haven't been keeping track since electionopalypse.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2017, 13:43 Verno

A buddy of mine is a photographer and he gets requests to touch up photos all the time for everything - weddings, shoots, etc. I don't know what percentage is the people in the photo vs the company hiring him though.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2017, 12:16 Verno

On the John Oliver video, the other side of corporate consolidation is that they tend to be shitty market performers and are almost always destined to fail on a long enough timeline. As he points out though, what's more problematic is their ability to litigate and lobby to help keep their position and deny competitors the ability to enter the market. That seems to be the broader problem to me and where we need to address it rather than just trying to deny all large corporations from consolidating. Keeping the market relatively easy for competitors to enter and allow innovation is the most important thing, competition will force larger players to react or die.  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2017, 12:06 Verno

Google and Amazon's constant spats are getting tiresome.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2017, 11:13 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 10:24:
So, don't watch the pre-game. Pretty damn simple. Frankly, I usually mute or turn the channel just before the anthem anyway.

I don't care about the anthem stuff personally, I just think its not a good idea to insert our already divisive everyday politics into the sport. I also get a healthy dose of world injustices I'm supposed to care about already and yes I do choose to care about many of them. Yes you can ignore the pre-game and I am usually getting wings off the smoker then anyway. It's harder to ignore the avalanche of bullshit everywhere else. Hopefully the news cycle on this crap dies down soon.

And no, I don't hate America.

That escalated quickly

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2017, 10:22 Verno

The Hernandez CTE thing and all of the stupid politics surrounding the sport this year are definitely giving me pause. I'm not interested or receptive to social justice/personal politics in my entertainment hobbies, there are a billion other avenues for that stuff already. I get plenty of stress and "awareness" elsewhere in life, its like a constant bombardment. Football time is just supposed to be football time for me.

As we get more research about the long term health impacts (beyond injuries which were already bad enough) I find the health argument about the NFL resonates more with me.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 27, 2017, 10:11 Verno

Let's find a way to tie this into politics!  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
42. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 27, 2017, 07:57 Verno

No one knew because no one played ShootMania  

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
30. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 26, 2017, 13:47 Verno

Thanks for the heads up, that game looks fantastic. Been awhile since I've been excited by an MMO.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 13:37 Verno

Pretty sure a Republican would've went to prison for committing this crime too, especially in a NY court. I don't care where his treatment starts or when so long as its prior to release in the general public. Also that he registers as a sex offender after release because that's what he is.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 12:16 Verno

Oh right hes a Democrat, I forgot its deflection time

OCCUPY WALL STREET! Juggle

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2017, 09:08 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 14:25:
Verno wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 12:25:
Yeah Intel fucking sucks with platform lock-in and DRM bullshit. They started doing this with 4k Netflix of all things and certain procs.

On the one hand, yup. On the other hand, I haven't felt compelled to upgrade my 3570K Core i5 for five years, and looking at gaming benchmarks a new proc/mboard combo gives very few extra frames for newer procs.

I'm not sure what that has to do with their shitty DRM. Give me a legit reason to upgrade, not artificial bullshit.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 08:41 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 18:28:
It should be happening now though, not after he gets out. Our Justice system is far too focused on punishment instead of rehabilitation.

Nope he deserves punishment AND rehabilitation, they aren't mutually exclusive. He was in a position of authority, actively lied about it after being confronted and has a pattern of behavior that has escalated into preying on minors. The judge factored all of this into his sentence and already noted his seeming compulsion, something that isn't even diagnosed by the way.

By all means, get him the help he needs but he also should be punished for his behavior. It was a just sentence by any measure.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2017, 16:12 Verno

I don't know why you two keep trying to draw (creepy) parallels between those two things. There are a million other injustices in the world but I still want a dude texting a 15 year old his junk to be sitting in prison. So yeah the bankers are free and welp, that sucks. Still glad Weiner is in jail and I hope he gets some help when he gets out, dude has a serious compulsion.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2017, 14:59 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 14:48:
Yet the banksters walk free.

Those guys pay legal age prostitutes instead of sexting with 15 year olds

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. No subject Sep 25, 2017, 12:25 Verno

Yeah Intel fucking sucks with platform lock-in and DRM bullshit. They started doing this with 4k Netflix of all things and certain procs.  

18802 Comments. 941 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo