Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18120 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 5, 2016, 11:51 Verno

GamerGear bahaha. I hope it has multicolored LEDs and perhaps even a speaker because why not?  
Playing: Bravely Second, Far Cry Primal, Doom
Watching: Vice Principals, Free State of Jones, Mr Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Godus Wars Makes Controversial DLC Free
11. Re: Godus Wars Makes Controversial DLC Free Feb 4, 2016, 16:30 Verno

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 16:02:
You're a bunch of crusty ole' bastards. Give them some credit, they're trying.

They're just reversing a shitty decision they shouldn't have made in the first place, I'm not sure that qualifies as trying.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled
13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled Feb 4, 2016, 12:09 Verno

Given the optimization problems they had with the Windows version I'm guessing they just didn't want a repeat with Mac OS X and Linux where the driver situation is much worse. Then they would be back to square one and recalling a game again.  

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
37. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 4, 2016, 12:04 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:49:
I find it interesting that you have the exact opposite perspective. theyarecoming doesn't want ANYTHING negative spoken about Star Citizen because he's financially backing it and fears project collapse. You don't want to hear ANYTHING about it period because you hate it. "You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't" about sums it up. The long and short is this. Where and when I feel it is appropriate I will continue to use Star Citizen and Chris Roberts for the topic at hand. You're more than welcome to skip my comments if the mere mention of Star Citizen makes you throw up a little.

I don't hate it, you're projecting. I'm just tired of the endless topics, baiting like in this thread and arguments surrounding it. There's really no need or purpose to dragging it into other threads, especially when there are active ones in the side bar already. But since you're determined no problem, I will start running it up the flag pole in the future if I see it instead. Same goes for him.

News Comments > Diablo III Season Rebirth Reminder
12. Re: Diablo III Season Rebirth Reminder Feb 4, 2016, 11:38 Verno

Yeah this season is actually pretty good, in fact some of the people who commented here haven't been on b.net in awhile so I take what I read with a grain of salt. The game has a much better meta than S3 and its endgame is much more fleshed out than D2 ever was. The cube has worked out really well in addressing most of the Jay Wilson era design flaws. There are some fundamental aspects of the game that suck, particularly the poor map randomization but new lead can't do much about that at this stage.  

News Comments > Godus Wars Makes Controversial DLC Free
6. Re: Godus Wars Makes Controversial DLC Free Feb 4, 2016, 11:35 Verno

Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 09:53:
especially considering that Godus Wars has been delivered as a free update

The gal of these guys... Free update? You NEVER FINISHED the game that people had paid you good money for. Godus Wars is a minor step to actually delivering what your Promise Monkey said he'd deliver. So yeah, everyone should be SO grateful that it's being delivered as a "free update."

I genuinely cannot put enough Rolleyes smileys here.

I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt a few times because many people in the industry swear hes just an unrealistic dreamer. Sadly Peter keeps finding himself in these situations though and its getting ridiculous. I think hes burned his last bridge, I don't know how he would get work in gaming at this stage and his ability to raise funds going forward is going to be minimal.

35. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 4, 2016, 11:28 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:06:
If you want to look for someone who appears to be "waging a little one man crusade" against "unfavorable" comments then look to theyarecomingforyou.

I don't see theyarecoming outside of Star Citizen threads stumping for the game or something. I also don't see him bullying anyone, what a complete abuse of that word. He engages on that topic because it interests him and limits it to those topics. He's really one sided about it...but not any more than you. I don't really care if you clash with him or which one of you got personal at some point in the past, like many readers here I don't really care about Star Citizen at all and just want the SC diarrhea kept to those threads. Its not like there has been a lack of them.

Getting back on topic, Peter shows at least some introspection and pulled the micro-transactions people were complaining about. I can't say it makes the situation much better but at least they are reading text on the internet. That is a step forward.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2016, 11:00 Verno

Totally stoked for XCOM2, the hype is real.  

32. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 4, 2016, 10:56 Verno

At this point since hes admitting that hes just going to troll in unrelated topics I suggest people start reporting his posts when he does it and let the mods sort him out.  

30. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 4, 2016, 09:23 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 19:31:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 14:13:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 10:31:
I would trust Peter with my money before I would trust Chris Roberts. At least Peter stayed in the gaming industry and didn't head off to the UK equivalent of Hollywood to produce shitty movies for seven years.
Fucking hell mate, it's time to end your one man crusade against Star Citizen. Let go of all that resentment and do something positive with your life. Seriously.

I'll make you a deal. I'll stop talking about Star Citizen when CIG actually releases a working; functional; non-tech demo. In other words a fucking game. Think you can handle that, bruv?

How about you just stop derailing other threads that are totally unrelated to that game? You want to wage a little one man crusade then whatever, if you really nothing better to do with your time you have my pity but at least spare the rest of us when we're trying to read about OTHER FUCKING GAMES.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: Witness’ $40 experiment worked, creator reports $5 million first-week revenue… Feb 3, 2016, 14:44 Verno

NamecaF wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 06:17:
And he's complaining about an obscure Chinese group cracking it and putting it up on a few less than reputable torrent sites? Sounds like a right tosser actually.

Easy to say when your work isn't being stolen.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2016, 11:06 Verno

Gonna go with my favorite groundhog day quote:

You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: it's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 1, 2016, 14:16 Verno

The Ark devs have been dodging optimization for awhile now with the excuse that they were working on features instead. That excuse has worn thin and its time to really buckle down.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2016, 14:12 Verno

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 13:51:
Ahhhhh, Wisdom Teeth...how I hated thee. Had all of mine removed over a 5 year period after reaching adulthood. Wasn't life threatening.....but was an excellent choice. Having four teeth that were only partially erupted and causing constant damage/bleeding to the gums was not a fun thing.

Yeah sometimes you need your wisdom teeth out. Its not a scam industry, just a situational thing. Mine were totally screwing up alignment and causing me discomfort. It was a fairly painless procedure and I recovered quickly without issues, the rest of my smile is much better now and no more discomfort. I'm very glad I had it done.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2016, 10:36 Verno

If you're serious about it...Stronglift 5x5 is a good starting point for beginners, you'll see gains very quickly. I lift Mon/Wed/Fri, alternating muscle groups and generally trying to get a good variety of push/pull. I do a 10 minute warm up then my lifts take about 30ish minutes then a 5 min stretch, time is money so I try to keep my routine under an hour. Do some light cardio on your off days. I row or bike in better weather on my cardio days. You can do everything at a gym or just get the equipment yourself but I strongly recommend a gym first to ensure if its even something you want to do on an ongoing basis. The hardest part is just getting started, its a little intimidating and sometimes its worth the cash to get a knowledgeable trainer to show you the lifts and critique your form. Emphasis on knowledgeable, there are a lot of shitty trainers out there. Generally speaking if someone tries to push you towards the smith machine or something then probably suck.

I change programs every 90-120 days and take an off week every now and then. I really enjoyed reading Starting Strength as well and it gave me a lot of foundation for the lifts I was trying to do. I'm not insanely bulky or anything either, just really strong now.

If you aren't interested in lifting just do Power90 and then P90X. They're pretty fun but get repetitive after awhile.

News Comments > Evolve Adds New Hunter
4. Re: Evolve Adds New Hunter Jan 27, 2016, 10:21 Verno

Evolve Adds New Hunter and still exists.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2016, 09:10 Verno

They made the game fun, if you like fun you should check it out.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2016, 14:17 Verno

walrus1 wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 13:58:
The original content thing would be great if 90% of their content was good. But it's not. I'm not paying for crappy original content. I'm paying to watch movies and yes TV. I'd go to Hulu but I din't cut the cable to watch commercials and pay for the privilege. Your notion that demanding worthwhile service for your money is "silly" is beyond ridiculous.

It seems to be doing pretty well for them, its very well received by both the public and critics alike. You just don't care for it. I don't like some of it either but that doesn't mean its "90% not good". I'm a bit puzzled that someone doesn't want original content but also doesn't want Netflix, they're like the king of back catalog shit. "get good movies and shit" is kind of absurd by the way, of course they're trying but the industry holds back a lot of new releases on purpose. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone, its been going on for awhile. Netflix is literally seeking out "good movies and shit" right now anyway, they're doing all sorts of deals with the same studios who produce content for the big 4.

And yeah obviously if you don't personally find any value to something then don't pay for it, did I really need to spell that out? I suspect someone who doesn't find Netflix worth the cash probably isn't going to be happy anywhere else either but whatever, good fuckin luck to ya. Hulu has an ad-free tier now by the way, you can put your money where your mouth is.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2016, 13:29 Verno

Pigeon wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 12:58:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 12:13:
Netflix, you done fucked up. I look forward to the follow-up damage control articles in the face of subscription loss even though this shit will get bypassed within a couple days and everything goes back to normal.

In their defense I don't think it's something they want to do, but are more or less being forced to do by the content owners, i.e. it's a copyright issue. I'm sure they're told if they don't make meaningful, effective attempts to curtail region-block skirting the copyright owners will pull the content and then there won't be much worth subscribing to left on Netflix.

That's exactly it and there are already workarounds for the providers by simply changing their allocation up. Netflix is just trying to string along the content corps for a little while longer. They are essentially becoming a network unto themselves, projects are being pitched to Netflix first because of how artist friendly they are and their original programming deals are rapidly picking up pace as a result. At some point in the future Netflix won't be over the barrel anymore but they need to appease Comcast/etc in the mean time while they lay the groundwork.

Ditching Netflix because you can't watch season 7 of TNG is really silly. As if the big media corps are going to treat you any better, there's a reason people sought out Netflix in the first place. Stick with them, they're doing great things for that whole industry and the value proposition is good. Otherwise well whatever, theres alternatives like Hulu. Sort of.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2016, 09:09 Verno

Stalin comparison is just a little bit over the top, holy weird.  

18120 Comments. 906 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo