Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 19688 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Cloud Gaming Plans?

3. Re: Steam Cloud Gaming Plans? Nov 6, 2019, 12:34 Verno

I don't really agree cloud gaming is the future, there are significant obstacles to overcome before that's a reality. There are some genres where it's simply not going to work due to latency issues, bandwidth and usage continue to be concerns and no one has adequately addressed the ownership problems. The best efforts so far have all largely failed to address those concerns and fledgling programs like PS Now have had average success. And don't get me started on that mess that is Google Stadia bwhahah.

I think the industry would love it to happen because they could sunset software at will but I don't think consumers will embrace it any time soon. I see programs like Gamepass being more successful due to their flexibility. If Microsoft could marry xCloud, Gamepass and Gold into one program they will likely be the market leader but until then /shrug

Playing: Hades, Beat Saber, Control
Watching: Uncut Gems, The Good Place, The Office
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 12:28 Verno

Looks solid on my phone, tablet and on this desktop. Glad you guys also took the opportunity to clean up some of the other cruft on the site like the PDA link and whatnot.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch

17. Re: Red Dead Redemption Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch Nov 6, 2019, 08:28 Verno

Dacron wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 21:55:
I must be the minority.

Is this the patch that makes the game FUN ? ~8 hours in, free roam accessible etc... and it just isn't fun. And I loved RDR 1. Kind of regret buying this.

Go exploring, do some hunting, camp out or just screw around. The game world has so much shit to offer, there is something there for everyone. I spent a good 5-6 hours just rippin and robbin between a few of the towns and getting chased by posses. I spent a few hours just playing cards and drinking at the saloon. You can go be a friggin ranch hand even at one point. The first game frankly had a lot less random activities and less side activities.

To me the game doesn't really open up until the end of the second chapter but you can certainly do a ton before that. Whether you find any of it fun, well that's up to you to figure out.

News Comments > Evening Multiplex

2. Re: Evening Multiplex Nov 6, 2019, 08:24 Verno

Yeah that was a pretty fucking awful trailer to promote your game, shame because I loved the first Rune.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

31. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 16:17 Verno

Apparently some people with i5s are having a lot of issues with freezing and stuttering. It was good of Rockstar to not bother testing with such an unpopular CPU

I'm having smooth butter performance at 1440p with a 1080ti and a 3900X, huge upgrade from the console experience.

News Comments > Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only

62. Re: Diablo IV Confirmed as Online-Only Nov 4, 2019, 10:40 Verno

LurkerLito wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 09:05:
"We are not going to support an offline mode," Del Priore said. "But as I said before, nothing in Diablo 4 is going to require partying up. You can play solo and dungeons are private. Campaign quest areas will remain private."

In other words..."We are getting people use to the idea that being online to play is normal, so when we pull the rug out of them down the line, we can make our 'game streaming' option w/ a monthly subscription access fee along with an initial game 'subscription' cost the only way to play."

Thanks Blizzard, hard pass for me just like with Diablo 3.

Seems like a really weird accusation given their support for Diablo 3 and Diablo 2. Blizzard is many things but they do give their titles a long shelf life and I doubt this game will be any different.

I think D4 is shaping up to be everything D3 should've been. I really liked what I saw in the 2 hour hands-on and hope they can refine the systems to add more depth which it sounds like they're doing.

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

22. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 1, 2019, 22:47 Verno

Looks pretty good to me, marries the tone of D2 with the gameplay of D3. As long as they can expand the combat systems then I'm happy!  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Has $600M Opening Weekend

33. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Has $600M Opening Weekend Nov 1, 2019, 11:53 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 18:59:
Or maybe you all shouldn't talk about politics in a thread that has nothing to do with it. Rolleyes

You've had no problem interjecting religious discussion where none belonged before so /shrug

I actually don't really enjoy political discussion online anymore, its too polarized between the far left and right so people in the center are lambasted for not being on a "side". But that being said, its allowed here so when I see someone being full of poop, I'm going to point it out.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Revamps Storefront; Adds Wishlists to Their Wishlist

11. Re: Epic Games Store Revamps Storefront; Adds Wishlists to Their Wishlist Nov 1, 2019, 11:50 Verno

It looks like the new Microsoft Store on the Xbox beta app, not bad but still not great either.  

News Comments > Rumored Diablo 4 Details

8. Re: Rumored Diablo 4 Details Oct 31, 2019, 13:25 Verno

When he runs out of family we'll just end up fighting Deckard Cain who will somehow be reincarnated evil.  

News Comments > EA Games Returning to Steam

88. Re: EA Games Returning to Steam Oct 31, 2019, 09:58 Verno

You can already do this with PlayNite which is also open source if you care about such things. It works pretty well but doesn't feel as slick as GOG 2.0 though. Frankly I used both for awhile and ended up just going back to the actual launchers themselves instead due to various annoyances.  

30. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Has $600M Opening Weekend Oct 31, 2019, 09:55 Verno

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2019, 19:51:
Why do you hate freedom so much? Must give you a hardon when you see the police beating the protesters in Hong Kong.

Or maybe he is just amused that you're getting so emotional about this yet continue to use Chinese products everywhere else in your daily life.

Disagree with me? YA FREEDOM HATER!!!!

I mean I get it but maybe tone it down a bit.

News Comments > EA Financials

7. Re: EA Financials Oct 31, 2019, 09:22 Verno

If EA bought Star Citizen it would be to keep that money train going, there is zero incentive to ever finish it  

News Comments > New Steam Library Launches

15. Re: New Steam Library Launches Oct 31, 2019, 09:16 Verno

roguebanshee wrote on Oct 31, 2019, 08:56:
"Right-click -> News" was clunky to you?

I like that you get all of the functionality of the old bloated context menu at a glance by just clicking on a game instead of having a bunch of separate functions. Hours played, news, friends activity, community features, etc. Previously it was all over the place, some of it was displayed in the main tab, others were in the community tab, some was in context menus and etc. The client has issues but this isn't one to me.

The criticism I agree with is that it would be nice if they upped the number of displayable games in All Games view. But generally I use collections and shelves so it hasn't been a big problem so far. I don't like some of the wasted screen space in UI bits but that's just an issue with responsive design in general.

News Comments > New Steam Library Launches

10. Re: New Steam Library Launches Oct 31, 2019, 08:23 Verno

I don't know, been using it since beta and haven't had any issues with a large but not quite Prez size library. People keep lamenting the loss of List mode but I was a list mode user and adjusted quickly to the list simply being on the left side. It's also highly filterable now which is nice. I spent an hour, setup some shelves, tags and removed some of the default stuff and its quite comfortable. I like that you can drill down on games now to get news/etc specific to it, always felt clunky in the old client.

My only real beef is that I would like the option of hiding What's New. Sometimes I want to see it, other times I don't.

10. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Has $600M Opening Weekend Oct 30, 2019, 16:32 Verno

So much for that boycott.  

News Comments > EA Plans Outlined

9. Re: EA Plans Outlined Oct 30, 2019, 16:30 Verno

The next gen consoles definitely play a huge role in this and the adoption rate will be much faster than you think because people are already starved for new, fancier shit. EA aren't going to want to engage players on old gen because that would mean people "stuck" on old gen for years while they are already releasing stuff for next gen.

This is totally incorrect. EA doesn't count where the money gets made. They are quite happy to have the 150 million old gen users still buying their shit instead of the much smaller number who buy in the first year or two. Then they will quite happily take it again later when you upgrade.

And I don't think for a minute that they care about making the best games they can. They are quite obviously holding the games back to make more money. You can't MTX shit like Anthem with a 50 metacritic, they aren't totally dumb. But either way more time is promising for the release quality when it comes to EA games. Ok well, maybe not Anthem bwuaha.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2019, 15:20 Verno

That ice cliff study is going to be a major point of contention over the next few years. I didn't have a chance to read it, just the article but yeah I can imagine some forum wars over it.  

News Comments > Midday Tech Bits

4. Re: Midday Tech Bits Oct 30, 2019, 14:43 Verno

I wouldn't be shocked if they dropped prices, Nvidia is pretty conscious of its brand perception. When I say dropped prices, expect like a $50 drop on a 3080Ti  

News Comments > EA Plans Outlined

7. Re: EA Plans Outlined Oct 30, 2019, 14:37 Verno

Different times now. We now live in the era of GaaS.

Haha, you make more on your games as a service the more users you engage with. Yeah who would want those 150 million users when you can milk the 10m who buy in the first 2 years so hard?

You keep going back and forth, its pretty amusing. Rather than falling all over yourself trying to explain how evil EA is (fish in a barrel really, come on), why don't you just console yourself with the fact that they're not forcing these out sooner to create another nightmare? It's a good thing regardless of their motives.

19688 Comments. 985 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >