Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18909 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Subnautica Surfaces
17. Re: Subnautica Surfaces Jan 25, 2018, 15:38 Verno

I've already added 3 posters to ignore because they were just posting nonstop about him, the Trump shit is out of control on this board.

Playing: Nioh, Persona 5, Ys VIII
Watching: The Cloverfield Paradox, Cardinal, American Gods
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans
1. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans Jan 24, 2018, 11:00 Verno

Oh boy, CRATES. Just what I always wanted in my games.  

News Comments > Xbox Game Pass Also Good for Win10
1. Re: Xbox Game Pass Also Good for Win10 Jan 24, 2018, 10:41 Verno

They need to actually ship first party games again at some point for this to matter

It would be a good deal for release titles that would otherwise cost $50+, assuming you remember to cancel the sub when you beat it.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
17. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 24, 2018, 09:05 Verno

Bundy wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 00:55:
Lol, I was wondering when you'd show up. Bait taken.

"Wahhh don't insult my favorite vidyagame company I take it PERSONAL!"

I was here before you, keep up

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2018, 13:35 Verno

Xbox Game Pass Expands To Include New Releases From Microsoft Studios.

Sooooo no new games then? A-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!

15. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 23, 2018, 10:48 Verno

Bundy wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 22:55:
lol, man you guys never disappoint. Not enough comments though, I'll go on twitter and read some more Last Jedi threads. Fill up my daily crazy internet readings.

Some people not liking the frankly godawful Microsoft Store is "crazy internet readings" apparently? Ok then. Funny how you always seem butthurt when Microsoft is impugned.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2018, 13:03 Verno

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 09:54:
Ah, yes, the congestion plan. Because it has done miracles for London's traffic problems...

"New Revenue Tools!" "We'll use it to fund Thing That Probably Never Happens!"

2. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 22, 2018, 09:44 Verno

I don't know, I thought this looked shallow and mediocre. The fighting mechanics look floaty and awful. The environments look like a boring painting. The enemy variety (so far) has been some fucking sharks and skeletons. The only thing that they really seemed to put serious time into was the water which admittedly looks cool.

I like the concept but I don't think Rare has what it takes to pull it off and most of the feedback from friends in the alpha wasn't good. The marketing videos for this game are also some of the most cringeworthy shit I've ever seen.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 19, 2018, 09:18 Verno

WaltC wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 10:35:
AMD hit with two class actions--Intel hit with four class actions--the ambulance chasers have been busy. I wish them luck on suing both companies as they will need it--it's tough to win a law suit when no one has been damaged--which is the case because no Spectre or Meltdown malware of any description exists! You cannot get "spectre" or "meltdown" today--even if you forgo the current patches. These theoretical vulnerabilities exist, but so far no one has been able to create software that actually exploits them.

There are multiple Proof of Concepts already shown and who knows what in the wild. So yeah I'm not sure what you're on about. I know you love AMD and all that shit but this is serious stuff, turn off your blinders.

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive to Require Internet Connection, Offer Microtransactions
6. Re: Metal Gear Survive to Require Internet Connection, Offer Microtransactions Jan 18, 2018, 14:00 Verno

I hope this abomination goes up in smoke.  

News Comments > Fable Return Rumor
9. Re: Fable Return Rumor Jan 17, 2018, 15:14 Verno

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 17, 2018, 14:08:
What is the Fable IP anyways? The world is pretty bland. Fart jokes and karma systems tied to character appearance?

Fart jokes, a dog and karma.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2018, 12:44 Verno

Hey I built that VM server Burrito! Thanks for your help.

I chose Intel though due to AMDs ongoing GPU passthru issues with KVM. Ended up getting a few less cores/threads but still overkill for my needs.

I've got it running Ubuntu, unRAID and Windows 10 so far. Fucking cool shit. Very impressed with the performance.

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated]
25. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 17, 2018, 12:15 Verno

You barely get enough backstory on the "Bros", major characters characters in the story, without watching an accompanying media series and playing their now released DLCs. Ardyns motivations are incomprehensible. Why do so many important events involving characters like Aranea and Ardyn happen offscreen? Ravus's actions and their motivations were essentially patched in later. Chapter 13 is low hanging fruit so I'll just leave that one alone.

I can only assume you played the game after the September patch where they finally made good on patching a lot of these things in, though I still would not say the games story is any good and I still believe several areas are deficient at best, incomplete at worst. Tabata has tried to shrug these off as "youre meant to see the world through Noctis" which frankly seems like a lot of bullocks to me.

That's just the story too. Bullshit like only takin one hunt at a time, major performance issues and so on were all present for a long time. They've slowly added features, some free, some DLC but I still don't like what they're doing with the DLC and seasons pass. Frankly with how the game was released most of this should've been free. What's frustrating is that FFXV can be fun at times and had so much potential but they somehow squandered it despite it being in the tank for 10 fucking years. I know Tabata essentially rebooted it 4 years ago but still.

I know, I only have myself to blame for buying it at release. I know. I'm still pissed off about it though.

Edit: And yeah the Glad DLC is balls.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2018, 11:44 Verno

TechSpot is getting as bad as the fucking gallery websites. A multiple part story for something that could be easily covered in a page or two? Ok then.  

23. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 17, 2018, 11:29 Verno

And while FF15 does feel rushed at the end, I didn't feel as if I got sold half a game for the money I spent.

When massive chunks of the story are missing and have to be patched in later and necessary backstory is omitted in favor of DLC, I don't know what else to call that. I actually quit playing at one point to wait for story and feature additions. Is there enough value there for the money? Sure it exists but I wouldn't call its release a finished game by any means.

I'm the worlds biggest FF apologist but this release was FF13 with somehow less polish and incomplete story. Waiting for the inevitable FF15-2 announcement to milk this cow even more.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 17, 2018, 11:03 Verno

People will just retreat to spouting BLOCKCHAIN! over and over as if that explains away any of the problems with these idiotic crypto schemes. Yes yes we all get that blockchain technology is new and exciting and might have a lot of business applicability but that doesn't excuse the idiotic speculation driving this absurd bubble. Tulip bulbs all over again.  

News Comments > Fable Return Rumor
3. Re: Fable Return Rumor Jan 17, 2018, 11:00 Verno

Fable never really fulfilled its potential and frankly I think they would be better investing in entirely new IP. They had what, 3-4 Fable games already? 3 mainline and 1 stupid offshoot or something like that.  

21. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV in March; Specs [Updated] Jan 17, 2018, 09:12 Verno

Task wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 18:17:
When people state that a publisher/developer cuts content, does one mean to say they think they did it on purpose? I mean FF15 was in development for a long time, at some point a developer has to say 'ok, we have to test what we have and prepare for release, we won't have time to add other planned additions in this phase.' Considering how much DLC it appears they added for this game, I don't think it would have possible to include all of that on release, including what appears to be additional story parts rather than dress up dlc.

You know what, in normal circumstances ok but gimme a break with this garbage. It was in development for 10 fucking years! It was restarted twice! Of course they could have waited a year to include all of the DLC they shipped but they didn't want to, they had angry shareholders to appease. They totally fucking screwed the pooch.

They're selling a season pass for this shit but planning to offer even more DLC outside of it. This is AFTER their colossal fuckups. They have literally admitted this is a business strategy for them now. So yeah, fuck no they don't get any of the usual "derp derp devs have to make content cutoff deadlines" excuses. They are just being greedy and I hope it really bites them in the ass down the line. I'm a huge FF diehard and I'm not going to touch the next one because of this nonsense. They shipped a fucking bizarre, half finished title and charged for the completion of it. Fuck that!

6. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XV Next Month; Specs Jan 16, 2018, 13:00 Verno

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 11:36:
It was a solid addition to the franchise but nothing spectacular and, as a fan of the series, although you came to like the characters and their boy band feel, they were largely forgettable with very shallow back stories and almost no mystery. The open world, dungeons, and combat were highly enjoyable however. Just nothing of note to make a lasting impression like some previous titles.

My biggest criticism is that a lot of the "big moments" in the story fall flat or happen off screen and you are told about them through just talking to random NPCs. Where the game starts you off with a good open world experience and group mechanics, the second half of the game is literally on rails (you spend a good portion of it riding a train), limited environments, and all your group/character building is thrown out the window till the very end. The story wraps up nicely, but the second half of the game needed a lot more love.

There was no real depth to the combat system. 1, 5, even 20 hours into the game it just plays exactly the same with no real progression. It's OK and even threatens to be fun sometimes but it just goes nowhere interesting. The story doesn't make a lot of sense unless you buy all of the DLC, watch 2 fucking movies and read the in-game "lore". The game also has one of the worst battle camera implementations of all time.

The amount of cut content was just absurd and I can't support Square anymore with that kind of shit going on. Their new CEO even said that's the norm and fuck that. They can learn to make games on a regular schedule instead of over 10 years and being forced to ration out content to make back their lavish budgets.

The bullshit they did at release was hilarious too, can only accept 1 hunt at a time fuck right off.

5. Re: Why Building a Gaming PC Right Now Is a Bad Idea, Part 1- Expensive DDR4 Memory Jan 15, 2018, 13:12 Verno

Nucas wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 12:32:
my computer, built alongside the pyramids of egypt, finally bit the dirt and this is the first time in my life that it looks like a better idea to buy a pre-built than just put together a machine.

as an aside i'm kind of disappointed to see that for straight gaming, even with meltdown, intel still rules the roost. i guess i had a subconscious bias to see AMD return to the glory days of the athlon but head-to-head comparisons of the 8600k and 1700 just don't make the purchase make sense.

Yeah for sure. Some videocards are practically the price of an entire prebuilt that includes the same fuckin card! Even if you had to toss the shitty PSU or HD you're probably still coming out ahead as opposed to buying it all individually.

I made the same decision with Intel vs AMD by the way. Ryzen was interesting and the price was right but they're still not there yet. I was building a big server so the high core and thread count looked attractive but AMD has all sorts of buggy shit with GPU passthru that has gone unaddressed for months.

18909 Comments. 946 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo