Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18226 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Patch Complaints
14. Re: Battlefield 1 Patch Complaints Nov 21, 2016, 13:08 Verno

They ninja'd joystick support into that 2GB patch the other day, woohoo!

Now fix the kit shit and we're good Dice!

Playing: Titanfall 2, World of Final Fantasy, Forza Horizon
Watching: Westworld, Ash vs Evil Dead, HyperNormalisation
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2016, 12:57 Verno

Happy Birthday Blue.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Patch Complaints
12. Re: Battlefield 1 Patch Complaints Nov 21, 2016, 10:21 Verno

I'd also like to see:

- Joystick support WTF
- Kit customization without being connected to a server, seriously WTF
- The game not taking 10 minutes to close at random WTF

Some of the design decisions with these games are absurd. Who play tested this and thought man, it would be really cool if I could only customize and edit kits while connected to a server? Shoot that motherfucker out of a cannon. Likewise who thought "oh ok we've got this rudimentary joystick support in all previous games, lets just rip that out for no fucking reason!".

BF has always been dog shit at quality of life and polish.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
31. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 17, 2016, 10:24 Verno

All of the complaints are legitimate and that dude just tries to spam suppress any opposing opinion in EA threads. Just ignore him. I really enjoy BF1 but it's not perfect and there are big areas it can be improved.

- Rental server options are pitiful, this is why 3rd party offerings are important
- Often mediocre pings
- No joystick support AT ALL
- Lots of balance stuff to sort out
- and much more I'm forgetting, reddit has a massive list

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
7. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 14:00 Verno

I'm not a fan of this money grab by EA. I've noticed a lot less servers under 50ms ping (FiOS before someone goes there) and the lack of control to handle cheaters is really annoying.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Fall Update
25. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 16, 2016, 08:41 Verno

Task wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 08:20:
Joystick compatibility? Do not see mention of it in patch notes.

Still zero joystick support, I tried it out again last night.

9. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 13:03 Verno

Oh one other complaint, zero fucking joystick support. 360 controller or KB/M. Some vague comment from the devs about it maybe coming later. Thanks guys. Not sure why they decided to gut it, so weird.  

5. Re: Battlefield 1 Fall Update Nov 15, 2016, 12:29 Verno

I'm pretty happy with the state of the game but there is always room for improvement:

- Needs more maps. Not DLC maps, just maps that everyone can have
- Medic is in a weird place right now
- The desert maps offer so little cover but there isn't enough transport options to help mitigate it
- Crates are pointless, pouches are way more versatile
- Some of the medals are actually fucking absurd and the rotation concept is stupid as hell
- Planes were overnerfed but whatever, I hate spergy skylords anyway

Despite those complaints I'm having a really good time with the game.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
20. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 15, 2016, 09:19 Verno

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 18:34:
Here's an other; he campaigned against lobbyists (but now they’re on his transition Team)

So what? Tom Wheeler was part of the cable industry and hes been an amazing FCC chair. You can't run Washington like a scorched earth campaign, compromises are inevitable. People want a leader, not a dictator. No one accomplishes everything they campaigned on, shit hes not even in office yet but people are already acting like its been 4 years of broken promises.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 12:32 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 11:33:
Why is everyone pretending this is somehow worse under Trump than it would have been under Clinton? Am I missing something?

Trump's not even in office yet is the really amusing part. People are already crafting the echo chamber it seems like. I like to keep an open mind just like I did with Obama who ended up disappointing me on the privacy front.

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
55. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 14, 2016, 12:28 Verno

This thing was a turd. Forgetting the clumsy pandering to the press, Gone Home has the presentation and likability of a bad student film. You wander around clicking on objects to get bad exposition. The viewer is essentially duped into following along, first intrigued by a set of horror game tropes like objects moving of their own accord then later disappointed by the inability of the writers to deliver on their own premise. If you're going to take on a very obvious cause or message after pulling the rug out of from people then at least do a good job of it. Instead we get 2 hours of passionless teenage ramble that evokes very little and some clumsily executed social commentary.

The few enjoyments you get out of the whopping 2 hour experience are solving a few puzzles and playing object hunt. The atmosphere of the house was decently realized until they waver from the initial setup. A terrible first person narrative with no stakes, no excitement and a half hearted effort at embracing minority issues. It feels like the press gave this a big pass because it tried to be "different" rather than examining if it actually did it well.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2016, 12:34.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 15:10 Verno

The nostalgia argument about getting up and hitting the button falls apart totally when you realize the original had an 8 foot cord and this has a 3 foot cord. So if we're going for authenticity here then this should have an 8 foot cord because its all about the nostalgia and its not just a dumb cost cutting move hahah.

Thankfully I dug up a company will be making a wireless controller that includes a Home button that triggers Reset. Third parties save Nintendo yet again. I wonder how they will fuck up the Switch.

142. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 12:32 Verno

Just sayin' Sure, polls and all that but still, way to go DNC.  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 11:23 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 10:56:
I already have a PC connected to my TV with emulators for every console. While it would be nice to have a genuine NES controller, I really don't see the need to get this NES classic...

You'd have to get a 10 foot HDMI cable and figure out a way to get power to the couch to even use it. That or one of those Wii controller extension cables and still have to get up to change games, save or etc. I've got a Shield running every emulator under the sun, I was only going to get this for nostalgia purposes but Nintendo had to screw up yet another cool effort with their bizarre hardware decisions.

I'm actually surprised that reviews have been so kind to this thing.

138. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 11:14 Verno

Trump's 100 day plan, from the man himself:

If he can accomplish just the lobbying reform alone it would be an incredible achievement.

His environmental derailment efforts are of course a disaster but that's a whole other ball of wax.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2016, 10:26 Verno

The 3 foot controller cord and bullshit with needing to get up to hit the reset button to do anything kills the classic NES for me. I would literally need to camp out in front of a 60" TV. 3 feet in this day and age of wireless controllers is crazyland. Want a wireless one? Spend $20 more and still need to get up and hit the reset button to do ANYTHING. Even the old school NES had an 8 foot cord, Nintendo with their weird fucking hardware decisions as usual.

It also has no online capability so those 30 games are it for life. I predict this thing will be in closets within 3 months.

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
1. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Nov 10, 2016, 10:14 Verno

3 in a week, wow.  

134. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 10:11 Verno

That they are willing to overlook that he's an utterly vile human being, as I explained in my previous post, just because he's making crazy promises, and for many because he hates the same people they hate, makes Trump voters look like a combination of fools and vile human beings themselves.

Maybe but that's what people wanted, the chance of it happening. Certainly wasn't going to be possible under Clinton from their perspective. Trump will get a chance to make good on his promises and if he doesn't then he will be held accountable in the next election. In the meantime rather than blaming Trump voters I think there's a fair amount of blame to go around in the Democratic party.

You guys had a real shot with Sanders, not sure why the signs were continually ignored. Hell I would've voted for Sanders and I'm fairly right of center.

61. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 16:35 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 16:15:
Here's a good article summing up where Hill supporters went wrong. Lots of good points, but here's the key takeaway:

“An insider when the country was screaming for an outsider. A technocrat who offered fine-tuning when the country wanted to take a sledgehammer to the machine.”

It's a good write up but you should link the Thomas Frank original and not the aggregator who frankly adds nothing to it Frank nails most of it though for sure. Liberals have no one to blame but themselves.

53. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 16:11 Verno

I bet this writer at HuffPo is feeling pretty good about this prediction way back in March.

I remember the DNC nudging people toward Trump during the primaries, figuring they could walk all over him. I'm not sure how they even came to that conclusion when most of the initial polling data had Clinton coming up very weak against Trump and Sanders as the much stronger candidate. Looks like Trump snagged all of those Sanders swing votes. Yowza!

18226 Comments. 912 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo