Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18122 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2016, 15:52 Verno

I nearly got into a fist fight at Costco recently over a shopping cart ding, not super proud of it. My GF was there to calm me down and probably saved me from a court appearance. Sometimes that testosterone just gets going and you forget its just a big hunk of plastic/metal, not worth the hassle even if its some asshole ticking off the "life aint fair" box for you that day.  
Playing: Bravely Second, Far Cry Primal, Doom
Watching: Vice Principals, Free State of Jones, Mr Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2016, 15:38 Verno

Nice thanks, I forgot about archive.org!  

News Comments > Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game
12. Re: Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game Sep 14, 2016, 15:10 Verno

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 14:50:
My personally most hated developer. He not only messed DayZ up (given, after creating it), but he also messed ArmA 3 up, maybe even the whole future of that franchise.

What did he do to ArmA 3? Or just his general fucking around with Bohemia affected it?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2016, 13:57 Verno

Jivaro wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 13:13:
Weird that it claims the regular S7 does that. I have one as do like 10 of my friends and family and many of us have joked about how it feels like we are the only ones in our little circles currently not complaining about our phones. As always, personal experience doesn't always represent the global reality. Between all the headaches Apple and Samsung have been giving people recently I was sure I had completely lucked out.

Perhaps its just a batch that uses the same battery supplier?

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2016, 13:56 Verno

I gotta find an archive of that sometime, been so long. Looks like its a placeholder now.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2016, 13:30 Verno

Kajetan wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 12:40:
Remember the last studio, founded by dev celebrities departing from Blizzard, being richly funded from the start without having a proper project?

Ahh, yes, Flagship Studios! Oh boy, those were funny days

Hellgate: London had so much potential

News Comments > Steam Top 10
46. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 13:14 Verno

That's all in your head, there's nothing adversarial about any of the criticisms aimed at your comment and stop trying to paint it as me vs you, several other people responded too. At worst my hitler jest was poking fun at your bizarre comparison to the worst game of all time, godwins law in good humor. You posted something incendiary and instead of explaining when people criticized it you got all indignant, as if can't disagree with what you said. Put differently, no one is trying to change your mind, they're just saying its a bad comparison. If you really don't want to explain it then stop posting already, this circular nonsense took way longer than just filling in the blanks or not posting at all. Take your own medicine - if you want to have a conversation, it helps not to start it off with "this is my opinion, its fine and no one can discuss it". Sheesh.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2016, 13:21.

News Comments > Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game
6. Re: Dean Hall's New Multiplayer Game Sep 14, 2016, 11:22 Verno

Not remotely interested until he actually finishes a project.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2016, 11:18 Verno

It's a shame because by most accounts the Note 7 is a pretty good phone...when it isn't blowing up.  

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
51. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 14, 2016, 09:04 Verno

I don't know, I played WoW a ton while I was in university but looking back a lot of that time was just boring filler crap. Does my hourly play count mean that I enjoyed it? Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes your perspective changes after playing something I guess. I'm not justifying the idiots looking for refunds or giving troll reviews though, that shit is just stupid.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2016, 08:43 Verno

Goodtry wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 21:19:
You must have a rowdy social circle. My iPhone 6 plus has outlasted three cases and survived many drops. Same for my wife's iPhone 6 (although I think she's on her first or second case).

The iPhone tends to source its glass from Corning who make pretty decent stuff but ultimately its still going to break when dropped at least part of the time. The iPhone is not what I would consider a durable phone but then again neither is mine. Most rugged phones have some extra shock absorption edging, a padded chassis or etc. A buddy of mine dropped his iPhone 6 and the screen was cracked. A different friend left their Nexus 6p on the roof of his truck, somehow managed to drive around and winged it off the roof during a turn. It's somehow still perfectly intact with no scratches. Does that mean Huawei makes a more durable phone? Nah, its just luck.

43. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 06:17 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 21:59:
I'm not going to have this conversation with a complete lunatic. That's about as far as I'll take this with you, wonder bread.

You of all people calling me a lunatic is rich. It has nothing to do with me and your attempts to keep personalizing it are transparent. You made a dumb comment that several people criticized, refuse to own it and want the last word.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 10:58 Verno

Gotta say I love that on mouseover text bit on the xkcd article.

"[after setting your car on fire] Listen your cars temperature has changed before."

Hahahah perfect dig at the climate change deniers.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 10:23 Verno

I'm using a Nexus 5x and couldn't be happier. Stock Android is the way to go. Running Nougat on it and battery life is good. Previously I had a Galaxy S6 and while the hardware was fine, Samsung's bullshit touches on Android are annoying.

I used to go with battery life as my most important factor but with fast-charging its not a big deal anymore. My phone goes through a full day of use and still ends up at 40-50%, charges up to full in less than 30-40 minutes usually. Even just 10 minutes gives about 4-5 hours of use.

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard
13. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 13, 2016, 09:46 Verno

nin wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 09:33:
I do feel like blizzard needs a fresh infusion of blood, but I also worry what that means for the future.

I worry it will mean a bunch of mobile crapware to be honest. Then again the last time they let a bunch of people fool around we got Hearthstone and Overwatch so its not all bad.

38. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 21:51 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 17:52:
In so many words you told me my comparison was wrong and why yours was correct. That is not an exchange of ideas. You appear to be very keen on your opinion, and against any others. That is why I did not want to get into details over my choice of E.T. instead of Spore.

I would only ask that you respect my choice and not escalate it into a trivial argument.

No, you have that backwards. My opinion is my opinion, its not wrong or right but I'm willing to explain it and even if I wasn't, people are free to disagree with it. Escalating it into a trivial argument is what you're doing, you could've easily just said "oh i thought it was like ET because <blah>" and people could just take it or leave it. Or just left it on its own and let other people disagree. You posted publicly and compared something to whats widely considered the worst game of all time. No one says you "have" to explain anything but don't expect other people to just say "oh whoops we can't respond any further, kxmode doesn't feel like justifying his incendiary comment".

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2016, 22:01.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 14:13 Verno

This game is like ET! And maybe Hitler!

"err not really, its more like <games> because <reasons>"

I say it is but I wont say why!

"...oook then"

What a wonderful exchange of ideas that was hahah.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 13:22 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 12:32:
I played E.T. in the 80's and I played No Man's Sky. The comparison is apt.

No Man's Sky is boring and shallow but that doesn't put it in the same galaxy (bwhaha) as E.T. I can't think of a set of criteria where one meets me the other but then again neither can you it seems.

If I had to compare No Man's Sky to anything it would be Spore. Over hyped, devs making grandiose claims, marketed to hell, shallow gameplay , tried to be everything to everyone and ultimately disappointed.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2016, 13:36.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
143. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 14:42 Verno

Bundy wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 14:29:
<whispers> Why does Derek think we're all Star Citizen fans? There's like maybe 1 guy in 20 who are even remotely supportive that game on here, and I'm pretty sure that guy is me.

Haha yeah. If anything its the opposite, nearly the entire site is cynical about the game. It's pretty obvious hes jealous of their success and perhaps blames others for his own shortcomings in the industry, not realizing that its his own toxic behavior that causes his problems. Oh well, back to things that matter.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
132. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 11:20 Verno

dsmart wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 16:21:
citation needed. otherwise, that's just a patently baseless claim that has zero merit.

The citation is Chris Robert's wikipedia entry. Still waiting on your citation for your non-existent PHD by the way, only a decade overdue.

18122 Comments. 907 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo