Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18687 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 18, 2017, 10:58 Verno

Mountain out of a molehill? That dude has been nothing but shit for that company. Yes I saw his tweet but I don't think we'll see him back in charge. Lisa Su has a better track record and they're better off with her.

Playing: Mario vs Rabbids, Sonic Mania, Hellblade
Watching: Better Watch Out, Star Trek Discovery, Mr Mercedes
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn Content Updates Ending
8. Re: Battleborn Content Updates Ending Sep 18, 2017, 10:43 Verno

Put Pitchford on leave for awhile and stop taking on lazy trend based projects.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2017, 10:42 Verno

Rhett wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 06:01:
DOS 2 is so damn good all around. Play it, people! It doesn't even have DRM.

I have no regrets buying it. I haven't played a CRPG in ages, but I love XCOM/XCOM 2, and this is up my alley. I got it for the gameplay especially, but the voice acting/writing is hooking me.

Get it with a friend if possible.

It's good but it's also buggy as hell at the moment. I highly recommend people just wait for a more polished version at some point. I already lost a save due to a bug and have run into numerous quest completion issues.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 18, 2017, 10:41 Verno

Surprised Vega didn't find a spot on there, its an awful arch.

So bad that apparently the lead guy at RTG is now on sabattical for a year.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Trailer
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Trailer Sep 15, 2017, 16:37 Verno

It's a slick trailer and that's about it. I didn't really see anything worth praise there. They can impress me by not doing 1000 meaningless collectibles and have the combat not be repetitive crap. Quality content, not quantity. Open worlds are a dime a dozen and Ubisofts feel so formulaic and boring.

I saw a video last month where they revealed the "eagle" which is just a reskinned drone from their other games, scanning the area to wallhack reveal enemies and permanently mark them. Yikes. In a different one they introduced a cool little town and I didn't see a billion icons on the radar so I was like "oh cool, maybe they learned their lesson". Then they pan out a bit and it starts filling up with crap and I just sort of groaned.

So yeah its going to take more than this to convince me they've really learned anything from the previous games. These games are literally made by like 5 different studios so its no wonder they feel like a bunch of repetitive elements schlocked together.

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2017, 15:57 Verno

This isn't even news, dude has made racist comments several times in the past. He's super popular and doesn't really need to watch his words. You can't shame him or go after his revenue directly because he reaches a wide audience and is essentially his own company. I think that's what really bothers the twitter mob the most, they're used to shaming people into apologies or getting them fired with sheer force of spam.

He said something dumb and he shouldn't have but he's a known racist piece of shit so uh what do you expect? Don't watch him if you truly care about these things. I sure as hell don't. I don't really care about forcing a fake apology out of him just so he can hang onto a Youtube sponsor or something either.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 15, 2017, 15:46 Verno

Pigeon wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 13:02:
I didn't realize how much crypto mining was effecting GPU prices until I noticed the card I'm using being advertised as on sale. It was ~$65 more than what I paid last year. A quick search revealed this was not just bad pricing. Sucks for anyone in the market for a new video card. Also it has not escaped my notice the new currency's root name is often used to describe something that is intangible and often fictional.

People were super desperate for the 1070s when they discovered they were awesome with Nicehash/ETH and I sold mine for $170 more than I paid. Stock was gone everywhere and even retailers started jacking them up. Ended up getting a 1080ti thanks to desperate buttcoin miners.

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
10. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 11:19 Verno

Choachy wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 11:11:
I like how some people are STILL trying to defend this game...or lack of game. I think everyone who contributed should get a refund.

Why? They knew what they were getting into. I don't think they deserve anything. This is the nature of funding development. It's all of the risk of investing without any real upside. Read the fine print folks.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 13, 2017, 16:04 Verno

There are too many situations where you want to unlock your phone quickly but don't want it directly in front of your face. Apple says its fine, it works on angles too. OK but so far they have failed to demonstrate that reliably. More importantly they haven't shown exactly what the benefit is here. TouchID is fast and efficient. What is the big improvement over that system? "IT KNOWS YOUR FACE!" Ok wonderful, so fucking what? Who cares? Why is this better? It's change for the sake of change, so they can justify a fat price increase.

Same thing with the removal of the home button, whether software or hardware. Anything other than extremely simple gestures is just lazy fucking UX and good luck training boomers on multitasking. Say what you will about Apple and lord knows I've said plenty of bad but they used to innovate from time to time. This is not one of those times.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 13, 2017, 11:40 Verno

FaceID seems like a big fucking failure. The disastrous demo notwithstanding, they are actually making unlocking more annoying. You need the phone pointed at your face just so then you need to swipe up. That's assuming it works the first time, so far its failing quite a bit in press demos and the actual presentation by Apple themselves was a shitshow. Some people check their phone constantly throughout the day, they are going to get annoyed by this pretty quickly. To use Apple Pay or etc there are now 2 additional steps.

Fingerprint sensors work pretty damned well and are faster. I understand they were working on TouchID without a fingerprint sensor but couldn't get it ready in time, hopefully they manage this down the road.

Anyways $999 for a 64GB model is a fucking awful joke, they already had lavish profit margins on the iPhones.

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: J.J. Abrams to Direct ‘Star Wars- Episode IX,’ Replacing Trevorrow. Sep 13, 2017, 08:42 Verno

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 22:53:
WOO HOO!!!

Can't wait for Return of the Return of the Jedi.

Yeah it sounds like they are going to play it safe again when risk would've been appreciated a lot more. I found TFA very average at best, the fan service was great and everything else was humdrum.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2017, 08:40 Verno

The new iPhone does nothing for me. The cutout is ugly as fuck, the price is insane and TouchID is preferable to alternatives IMO. Nice of Apple to embrace wireless charging 5 years later with no real enhancement to the tech, I'm sure the charging mat will be a $100+ item.

The new Apple TV isn't impressive either BUT the free upgrade of all movies to 4k is very nice and will help prevent library fragmentation and push adoption of UHD stuff.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 13:14 Verno

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 12:52:
Woman slips handcuffs steals police cruiser.

This made me LOL! She went from a very small crime to a major amount of time in jail...

The comments are hilarious "Amazing kind of girl" "This woman is hot".

Is the selection pool down in the southern USA that bad?

She had two strikes for violent offenses, I assume that this was potentially number three? People get that nothing to lose attitude in those situations, druggies especially due to the obvious.

She probably would've had better luck just quietly opening the drivers side door when they were busy and slipping away but again, druggie.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 8, 2017, 13:10 Verno

Frijoles wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 12:42:
So sounds like our choices are: A) free credit monitoring for a year or B) get to take part in a class-action lawsuit. Tough choice, since the class-action will most likely get us what, $5 Visa gift card? I should have become a lawyer.

I know I definitely want free credit monitoring from the dumb motherfuckers who leaked the personal information in the first place hahaha.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 8, 2017, 13:05 Verno

Way to go Google. Buy Motorola which had some great ideas, software and designs then kill it off. Now buy HTC instead. Well done.

The only thing that could be more disastrous than Googles software efforts is "coordinated" Google hardware. I think we're at 4 different versions of messengers alone, that company has no unifying vision or direction.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 7, 2017, 12:14 Verno

One time use shaders is a new low for microtransactions but it figures that an Activision published game would feature them.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2017, 15:58 Verno

BobBob wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 15:27:
Took dog to park. Sign clearly says pets on leash. Some old fat guy walking his dog without a leash... his dog sees my puppy and charges at me. My puppy totally panics and the guy is laughing. WTF ...

My old dog Lucy was tiny and we had an incident with a german shepherd off-leash. She was OK but I had to get involved physically and almost got a bite. After that I started carrying a pet spray in case situations ever escalated. It's legal here but obviously check it out in your area first. Basically pepper spray for dogs, no permanent damage or lasting injuries. Just be careful you don't get the other owner otherwise its potentially an assault charge.

My new dog is pretty big so I don't really worry about it anymore.

Everyone around here walks their dogs off leash in the public parks, it drives me crazy.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 5, 2017, 15:40 Verno

What she did was distasteful but she apologized and life moves on. Nothing she said or did deserves your brand of misogyny Cutter, grow up.  

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month
32. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month Sep 5, 2017, 10:23 Verno

Redmask wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 19:42:
It 'only' had 3 of the highest rated titles of the year, yeah sounds like a tough year for Sony. The PS4 has been knocking it out of the park with exclusives the past 2 years. Meanwhile the Xbox has jack and shit, having disbanded most of their first party studios and cancelled or delayed pretty much everything else. Also to the other guy, the Xbox upscales 4k content too, don't expect everything in native 4k at 60fps or something. 4k exclusive glory that consists of cartoony shit like Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Minecraft and Super Lucky's Tale. Wow I'm sold Rolleyes

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone would buy an Xbox One at this point. They've shown that they don't care enough to make serious long term investments in first party studios or at least some partners. The number of exclusives has dwindled to nothing. The whole MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE bit is silly at this point. Anyone who really cares about power should buy a PC but even ignoring that, what the hell can you play on the Xbox? If I want to play the best version of Destiny 2 or something I'll get it on the PC.

Looking at their line up for this year is snicker worthy, talk about phoning it in. I think they'll have as many UI relaunches as exclusives this year.

If Microsoft wants to really be in the gaming space, they need to double down like they did in the 360 era and spend a lot of money on studios/partnerships. They made a bunch of really mediocre exclusives like ReCore, Quantum Break and etc, they sold poorly so they just seemed to have given up on first party software that isn't Forza.

News Comments > Battlefield 1: A Tsar is Born Next Month
7. Re: Battlefield 1: A Tsar is Born Next Month Aug 31, 2017, 12:01 Verno

HDR implementations have been around a long time but when people refer to HDR currently, they usually mean standards like HDR10 or Dolby Vision.  

18687 Comments. 935 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo