Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18129 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 22, 2016, 09:54 Verno

Creston wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 00:13:
He says about 1900 times how horrifically they failed on Titan, but never actually explains a single word about WHY it failed. What about it was a failure?

In the past someone higher up basically said that nothing worked cohesively and that it simply wasn't fun. I'm sure there are detailed explanations as to why but it sounds like they were just trying to mishmash disparate game systems together and that it never worked out.

Playing: Bravely Second, Far Cry Primal, Doom
Watching: Vice Principals, Free State of Jones, Mr Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 20, 2016, 14:51 Verno

Exactly nin. They can barely pay server bills with player run shards, let alone make it into a profitable venture. Either way Blizzard isn't doing it, they are looking ahead not backward. It doesn't matter if its 10 million sigs, as if online signature petitions mean shit all.  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Sales Record
21. Re: Dark Souls III Sales Record Apr 20, 2016, 10:04 Verno

christheshitter wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 21:51:
Can't stand the fanboys of the Dark Souls series the same goes for the Witcher fanboys. They're all rabid pubertal teens with no sense of what elements a game need to make it a good game, just being hard it's not of them. I really like challenges and difficult games i love but usually they are more than just that. Dark Souls is not a bad game per see but it's nothing but an empty shell than being just hard.

Nope 100% wrong. Anyone can play a hard game, there are tons of games that just hard for the sake of it. What sets these games apart are the combat mechanics, art, encounter and level design.

It doesn't even sound like you've ever played one of these games, just a bunch of vague tripe that serves as a vehicle to some nonsense rant about the gaming industry in general.

News Comments > The Banner Saga 2 Released
6. Re: The Banner Saga 2 Released Apr 20, 2016, 08:56 Verno

I'm holding out on this until I hear some reviews of the combat system. First game was good but the combat system was very shallow and tedious.  

News Comments > Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details
22. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details Apr 19, 2016, 15:20 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 14:51:
That was just one of the many threads and posts complaining about the matchmaker.
I haven't played the beta so I don't know how it is, but according to those who play it, at it's current state, it sucks.

Well since you're so inclined to trust random people without playing it I am telling you its fine and those people are wrong

People got all angry because its the internet and they will whine about anything, even understandable beta issues.

17. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details Apr 19, 2016, 13:00 Verno

It's ok. Some weird delays but to be expected for a beta, overall very smooth. We went on a pretty successful run though and kept getting matched against twitch streamers but I guess that's the ELO working properly. I don't feel like I'm missing anything here without a server browser if that's what you're getting at.  

9. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details Apr 19, 2016, 09:02 Verno

Maybe we could talk about Overwatch in the Overwatch thread and people can air their grievances in actually related threads. Whoosh!  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion in August
12. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion This Month Apr 19, 2016, 08:33 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 22:20:
I'm sure the timing of this announcement has absolutely nothing to do with the growing vanilla moment. #Nostalrius #YouThinkYouDoButYouDont #MakeWOWGreatAgain

In other news Nostalrius' petition to Blizzard to bring back legacy servers has 175,000 signatures, and growing rapidly. Vanilla WOW team lead Mark Kern's support and comment is the second highest.

Legacy was terrible grindathon shit that everyone did because we were young and didn't have responsibilities back then. Maybe you haven't grown up but most of the player base thankfully did and that's why concessions have been made to let people have a life outside of the game while still enjoying it. Bringing back Legacy is an awful idea, both from Blizzard's perspective and the players. If you want to play Blizzard's game then you play by their rules. If you don't like it then go play one of the many other MMOs out there, I'm sure you can find something where people who "work" more get to lord themselves over the filthy casuals or whatever. You have no right to hijack Blizzard's game, read your EULA.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2016, 09:27 Verno

I was totally surprised at how polished and fun Overwatch was. I had an absolute blast playing it. Simple to grasp but deep enough to sink your teeth into. It's sort of the smaller scale TF2 but the character nuance adds a lot to the experience. Anyways the beta ended and I just want more so they definitely convinced me, gonna preorder.

Bastion is ridiculously easy to flank and several characters have mobility moves to either get by him directly or help other characters to do so. As you move up in MMR rankings you see less and less of him for that reason. He can still be effective but needs a lot of support.

There are definitely some characters with abilities that need balancing but Bastion is fairly well balanced already IMO. The wall running/bouncing stuff on a few characters needs another pass, its just hard to find good fits for it in the maps. Maybe I'm just not seeing it used effectively though.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2016, 11:30 Verno

I got into the Overwatch beta as well, be interesting to see how it turns out. The footage I've seen so far seems really UI heavy and spammy, I hope you can customize it down a bit.

I never did get an email though, I logged into my battle.net account to grab the installer for Warcraft 3 and saw Overwatch there and active. I wonder how long its been there.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 14, 2016, 10:00 Verno

I would never want to read on a tablet, the brightness keeps me up late when reading is supposed to be relaxing activity before bed. The Kindles are nearly perfect e-readers. This is just a high segment offering that will drop in price like its predecessors that started out at $250+.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
22. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 14, 2016, 09:56 Verno

TheVocalMinority wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 08:09:
Came to see assclowns whiteknighting Steam. Left satisfied.

What a cop out. If you have an opinion then voice it otherwise you're just a troll.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 12, 2016, 16:21 Verno

When is that ever a problem though? I can filter the store pretty easily and the curated recommendations are generally pretty good. I can't say the many no-name games ever really bothers me in practice. I appreciate that there is a service where people can launch something and get some attention without a massive marketing budget.

For the general topic, no Steam isn't too powerful, its well poised due to its many concessions for gamers. Ultimately I don't see any real issue with its success as its all been earned and Valve is surprisingly benign in leveraging its position in ways that other companies like Sony and Microsoft are not.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released
12. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 12, 2016, 16:04 Verno

Retired wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 15:42:
rudra wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 15:29:
Retired wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 14:47:
Any reports on M/KB? Some scathing comments on steam....

youd be stupid to use them for this game, so youd deserve whatever bullshit you got

Considering your history of posts.....either troll from another site or a return of a banned troll from here.

Added to tard filter. Nothing you have said in your history is even worth typing....

It's yet another space captain re-reg. In this case though he's not wrong. You can play the Souls games with a keyboard/mouse but its far from optimal due to the movement system.

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released
5. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 12, 2016, 12:47 Verno

Can't wait to get home and play. The system refinements look great and reviews have been very good.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
18. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 11:36 Verno

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 04:57:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 14:23:
If you put yourself out on the Internet abuse is expected wrong though it may be.

Also? "Narcissa?" That's just asking for it.

The only reason it`s expected is because "gamers" are a bunch of misogynistic, bigoted assholes. And I don`t mean just the death-threat posse, anybody who stays silent or puts up a snarky comment - like yours in this case - unfortunately qualifies.

And, being named Narcissa is an excuse for abuse? Really? Don` t let me start on nicknames here then buddy...

This is a remarkably bad comment on so many levels. It makes false assumptions based on your own personal views. You try to make people seem like they're part of the "problem" if they don't share your view point, again bad logic. Your logic that anyone who doesn't speak up in support of a view you have is somehow equally as guilty as a vocal internet subset is frankly obnoxious.

Gamers are a subset of society like pretty much any other demographic. I hope you're going to be equally as vocal about people with feminist views who threaten others as we've seen happen both online and even on this site. Someone deleting a twitch account over abuse is regrettable but I feel no need to condemn obvious stupidity nor does it make me part of any problem. I'm not the internet police and frankly neither are you despite your attempts to play the part.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2016, 11:46 Verno

I don't know, with 7 Days I feel like they take two steps forward and one step back. To me they've made a lot of advances in some things (particularly UI) but cater too much to the diehard crowd who wants everything in the game to be a massive grind. I revisited it again recently and couldn't get into it anymore, everything just takes way too long. We tried messing around with the settings to find a sweet spot but it just felt too grindy in a way that similar games I've played didn't.  

62. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2016, 09:20 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 00:54:
As far as any movie goes, I just want a good believable story. In A New Hope, the story flows from character actions and motivations. It both makes sense to us and adheres to its own internal rules.

The Force Awakens largely flips that on its head: the story is pulling the character strings.
- Rey can fix anything, because the story needs her to.
- Rey is a master pilot, because the story needs her to be.
- Finn helps Poe escape, because the story needs him to (justified, but weakly so).
- Maz has Luke's lightsaber, because the story needs her to.
- Finn battles Ren, because the story needs him to.
- R2D2 wakes up, because the story needs it to.
And on and on. Rey's one-movie arc is basically Luke's three movie arc.

Agreed. I like to see heroes struggle and earn their achievements instead of being handed them because the runtime is at X and we need to get to Y. A character should be transformed over the course of a story instead of simply moving between set pieces. I thought that they didn't strike a good balance with Rey there.

It was still a good movie and I definitely enjoyed it but I expect a lot more out of the sequel now that they've demonstrated their respect for the original material and can experiment more.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 14:16 Verno

I'd not heard of that phrase until the movie, either.

It's a pretty common phrase in the writing world, basically used when authors make characters too good at everything to the point where it breaks suspension of disbelief. Also sometimes used for the authors who like to self-insert with their protagonists.

edit: beaten

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 13:42 Verno

Hell, I like the Prequels and think they get too much flak (not as much as the OT though, which admittedly has MUCH better dialog and humor).

I will admit I enjoyed the fan edit of the prequels that took it down to about 3 hours and cut a lot of the extraneous stuff. I think I saw Jar Jar all of one time hahah. I can't remember what its called, I'll have to check my file server later.

18129 Comments. 907 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo