Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18981 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 30, 2017, 14:03 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:26:
People are going to be shocked when they add up all these streaming service bills, going to be more than the cable they ditched.

It really isn't. I pay for one sports package and Netflix. Way less than my cable bill. Maybe it's more if you decide you need everything under the sun but I figure most people are smart enough to do cost benefit on that shit and decide for themselves.

Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2017, 14:00 Verno

PHJF wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:07:
How about don't buy it because the game is content starved and marred by incredulous design decisions. Not getting a Sparrow until you've beaten the game? What the actual fuck? NO CHAT?!?

Nioh swept this game totally under the rug for me.

Yeah I loved their statement about commitment to player/clan socialization...lotta work to be done when you fuckers don't even have clan chat.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 12:51 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 12:29:
Marvel vs DC. Football teams for kids. The comment section on the new Infinity Wars trailers is literally "Marvel > DC" all day long.

It's really just Marvel vs Marvel at this point, film efforts for DCEU are a total mess right now. The only sure thing they've got left is a Wonder Woman sequel. I think gritty is fine for DCEU but Snyder lacks the subtlety required to make something interesting out of it.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 11:47 Verno

Thanks for your thoughts Blue, I'm not a big Giants fan but I'm an Eli fan and I was interested to hear your take on the situation.

I understand some of the reasoning behind it but I agree that they should've let him finish out the season. Geno Smith is not going to do well with this line and is frankly uneven at the best of times. They can evaluate Davis during next year which frankly will be a rebuilding one from what I can see.

On the diamonds thing good, fuck DeBeers. That ridiculous artificial scarcity bullshit has gone on too long. Someone can make it in a lab without child labor? No problem I'll take one of those much cheaper thanks.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 30, 2017, 08:50 Verno

Shok wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 21:28:
Switched to Firefox over the weekend and it was a surprisingly easy transition from Chrome. Besides reauthorizing banking websites, etc. it really wasn't much of a hassle. I also had to install the Flash plugin since it's not built-in like Chrome but no biggie.

Passwords and favorites imported from Chrome and everything just worked. It uses less memory and runs faster too. ublock origin plugin enabled as well (except on blues).

I've always been a Firefox guy but they nuked a lot of the more useful, esoteric plugins by switching to WebExtensions and there are some serious memory leaks in it now. They've got some work to do, I just caught a tab using 2GB of memory for an 10 line iframe (lol iframe).

Also Mozilla is really weird and sort of directionless. All of this dumb shit like Pocket and Firefox Hello over the years has been really grating. All of the wasted resources on Firefox OS alone *cringe*

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
28. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 30, 2017, 08:47 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 21:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 21:09:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 20:51:
What fools.

Whether it's Witcher Star Wars, Mass Effect Star Wars, Dead Space Star Wars... we don't give a fuck. People just want a AAA single-player Star Wars (C)RPG. Come the fuck on.

Err... the Visceral game was gonna be Uncharted Star Wars or Tomb Raider Star Wars (but even shallower probably) and not a (C)RPG.

Oh I might be confusing this with the SW bounty hunter game that was talked about years ago.

Yeah I think you're thinking of Star Wars 1313. It was sort of an action adventure title with some quasi open world elements. Looked like an interesting concept but I can't remember if it really made it into proper production or not.

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
19. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 12:25 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:45:
Or they could, you know, not have a fucking progression system at all. Then everyone has access to all weapons and abilities regardless of time played. The only reason to have a progression system at all is to entice the player to spend more money.

It's a gameplay mechanic designed to extract cash.

I wish that was still possible but you get stockholm syndrome gamers who need their XP hits and constant rewards to keep playing and actively bitch if they're taken away. The best we can hope for now is just something benign that doesn't affect balance.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2017, 12:22 Verno

Surprised to see no comment about Eli's benching in OOTB today. He's had his problems over the years but when you look at what hes had to work with, I think he's done just fine. Took the news like a champ too.  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 29, 2017, 10:54 Verno

The Andy Rubin thing was apparently a good old fashioned office romance with an underling, not a sexual assault or some crazy pedo shit.  

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
1. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 10:51 Verno

"We pulled-off on the MTX because the real issue the consumer had was they felt it was a pay-to-win mechanic," he added. "The reality is: there's different types of players in games. Some people have more money than time, and some people have more time than money, and you want to always balance those two.

Hahaha what the fuck? No you don't have to balance them. In a game that is primarily a MP experience the asshole who just wants to destroy balance through purchases should NOT be allowed to do that. Fuck that shit. You want to "balance" them by giving that idiot some cosmetics to throw his money at so that he feels better about himself while not pissing off everyone else who bought the game.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2017, 11:20 Verno

One of my favorites and something I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to. Any other year it would've won Best Picture but it was up against Return of the King that year IIRC. I can't believe that was 14 years ago already, god I'm old. I rewatched it a few months ago and still thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think I will pick up the book series that the movie is based on sometime, perhaps a good Christmas list opportunity.

News Comments > Square Enix on the Future of Deus Ex
1. Re: Square Enix on the Future of Deus Ex Nov 28, 2017, 10:23 Verno

I'm OK with it going on a break for awhile. Mankind Divided was good and featured some of the best level design I've seen in awhile but I feel like they need some time to think about where to take it next. The story continues to be a bit of stumbling block for them too and they were a bit hamstrung by choosing to go the prequel route. I hope next time they do something where they can work loosely with the same universe but start to do some original stuff.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow
16. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow Nov 28, 2017, 10:03 Verno

Jagacademy wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 09:56:
If I wanted to play this crap I'd own a Playstation.

The Playstation has way better games than this though.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2017, 08:56 Verno

Google and Facebook are responsible for the majority of ad revenue and news aggregation these days. The problem is that they don't seem interested in actually producing anything original. So the magazines and papers are trying to stay current with less than half of the revenue while their originally produced content gets plundered by silicon valley. I have a buddy who is an old school journalist and its rough. This is in a time where quality, journalistic content should be even more important.

Sadly people don't care anymore, they just want quick shot video crap or buzzfeed style headlines.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 27, 2017, 13:23 Verno

Hah yeah, I don't care what highs it hits, I am not touching Bitcoin. It's pure speculation and I like my investments much safer than that.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 27, 2017, 13:16 Verno

I always used to take notes by hand then revise my notes and test myself. I can't imagine doing it by laptop, too many distractions and it removes you too much from the material and discussion.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2017, 12:58 Verno

Damn dropping the hammer in Minnesota but good for Essentia with that flu shot nonsense. Glad it's mandatory considering the kind of work they're in.

Happy Thanksgiving Creston and everyone else

News Comments > Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier
5. Re: Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier Nov 23, 2017, 12:52 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 12:26:
That sucks. It's one thing to be told the party's over, it's last call, get your shit together soon... But then you're sacked 5 weeks early with no severance or anything? Time to lawyer up, if there's anyone left to sue.

Yeah that's brutal, definitely worth talking to an attorney.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2017, 09:07 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 19:09:
Sugary foods are much more strongly hawked compared to salt. Sugar is also associated with a lot more diseases compared to salt. Restrict sugar first, then assess.

How exactly will taxing or restricting sugar help? How do you even implement this? There are a plethora of sugar-like additives on the market that are also heavily subsidized. It is far too easy for manufacturers to simply switch to something else that has the same overall effect on blood sugar levels.

Also historically trying to fuck with salt/sugar has contributed to social unrest so I'm not even sure this is a good idea in the first place. People will see it as a punishment or social injustice and that's how companies will pitch it. I think a better starting point is the subsidies and going after the companies responsible directly.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2017, 13:43 Verno

I guess we tax salt too while we're at it? Didn't work out too well in the past when governments tried it

Regulation, taxation or education? I don't know if taxing sugar is necessary but regulation on the other hand, I am coming around on that. It's hard enough to get DV measurements for it on the side of boxes.

18981 Comments. 950 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo