Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18229 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 10:23 Verno

I'm using a Nexus 5x and couldn't be happier. Stock Android is the way to go. Running Nougat on it and battery life is good. Previously I had a Galaxy S6 and while the hardware was fine, Samsung's bullshit touches on Android are annoying.

I used to go with battery life as my most important factor but with fast-charging its not a big deal anymore. My phone goes through a full day of use and still ends up at 40-50%, charges up to full in less than 30-40 minutes usually. Even just 10 minutes gives about 4-5 hours of use.

Playing: Titanfall 2, World of Final Fantasy, Forza Horizon
Watching: Westworld, Ash vs Evil Dead, HyperNormalisation
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard
13. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 13, 2016, 09:46 Verno

nin wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 09:33:
I do feel like blizzard needs a fresh infusion of blood, but I also worry what that means for the future.

I worry it will mean a bunch of mobile crapware to be honest. Then again the last time they let a bunch of people fool around we got Hearthstone and Overwatch so its not all bad.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
38. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 21:51 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 17:52:
In so many words you told me my comparison was wrong and why yours was correct. That is not an exchange of ideas. You appear to be very keen on your opinion, and against any others. That is why I did not want to get into details over my choice of E.T. instead of Spore.

I would only ask that you respect my choice and not escalate it into a trivial argument.

No, you have that backwards. My opinion is my opinion, its not wrong or right but I'm willing to explain it and even if I wasn't, people are free to disagree with it. Escalating it into a trivial argument is what you're doing, you could've easily just said "oh i thought it was like ET because <blah>" and people could just take it or leave it. Or just left it on its own and let other people disagree. You posted publicly and compared something to whats widely considered the worst game of all time. No one says you "have" to explain anything but don't expect other people to just say "oh whoops we can't respond any further, kxmode doesn't feel like justifying his incendiary comment".

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2016, 22:01.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 14:13 Verno

This game is like ET! And maybe Hitler!

"err not really, its more like <games> because <reasons>"

I say it is but I wont say why!

"...oook then"

What a wonderful exchange of ideas that was hahah.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 13:22 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 12:32:
I played E.T. in the 80's and I played No Man's Sky. The comparison is apt.

No Man's Sky is boring and shallow but that doesn't put it in the same galaxy (bwhaha) as E.T. I can't think of a set of criteria where one meets me the other but then again neither can you it seems.

If I had to compare No Man's Sky to anything it would be Spore. Over hyped, devs making grandiose claims, marketed to hell, shallow gameplay , tried to be everything to everyone and ultimately disappointed.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2016, 13:36.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
143. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 14:42 Verno

Bundy wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 14:29:
<whispers> Why does Derek think we're all Star Citizen fans? There's like maybe 1 guy in 20 who are even remotely supportive that game on here, and I'm pretty sure that guy is me.

Haha yeah. If anything its the opposite, nearly the entire site is cynical about the game. It's pretty obvious hes jealous of their success and perhaps blames others for his own shortcomings in the industry, not realizing that its his own toxic behavior that causes his problems. Oh well, back to things that matter.

132. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 11:20 Verno

dsmart wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 16:21:
citation needed. otherwise, that's just a patently baseless claim that has zero merit.

The citation is Chris Robert's wikipedia entry. Still waiting on your citation for your non-existent PHD by the way, only a decade overdue.

109. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 8, 2016, 13:33 Verno

Well Hello Games claimed in No Man's Sky that the sky color would be green sometimes b/c they altered the periodic table in a specific way such that light defracted differently.

Yeah those guys take the cake, Murray was straight up lying about several features. He had some really fantastical claims about the physics systems, how they had modeled gravitional orbit factors and so on. He certainly made his bones and then some but hes going to have to fear any AMAs or interviews for a long time to come.

108. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 8, 2016, 13:26 Verno

Eirikrautha wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 21:05:

Honestly, though, unless you have some programming and production creds I don't know about, I don't see where you (or I, for that matter) are even relevant to the industry, much less a laughingstock (we should only hope to be that relevant). So, when I have to weigh his opinion against yours... he's got something to show for his, even if it's failure (as you call it. I wonder who's worth more, though. I guarantee he's got more money than I do!). So I've got to give him some credibility.

We have dozens of members who have been part of industry projects far more successful and lucrative. I don't know if redmask is one of them but the assumption that everyone is just a user who don't understand the design process is flawed IMO. Credibility is earned in my books, not given. Someone just being in the industry for a long time doesn't really demonstrate any special aptitude or wisdom, especially when most of what they have to show for it is online tirades.

Chris Roberts could do nothing for the rest of his life and he's still contributed far more than derek smart. He's not above criticism but I certainly give him far more credibility and if he delivers even 1/10th the game hes promised it will still be a far better product than smart has ever promised, let alone delivered.

I don't know why people even bother indulging him on this subject, he has no special knowledge or even critiques. He's just regurgitating things we've already heard or makes really broad 50/50 predictions that he doesn't own later on. It's much ado about nothing, as per the norm with him.

Star Citizen has its own drama and nonsense to follow, derek smart is a non-factor.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2016, 10:11 Verno

“There’s a tendency sometimes to go a little beyond the spiritual mysticism in the movie into actual magic,” he explained. “They can’t have any actual magic, because it’s not a universe that allows for true magic. But it definitely exists in a kind of a mystical, spiritual realm. The films do, and the show definitely does as well. It was that kind of creative conversation.”

James Cameron is so far up his own ass that he's nearing day light again.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
34. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 7, 2016, 09:42 Verno

My nitpicks from the beta:

- the horse hitbox is way too big, more often than not you will hit the horse despite aiming right at the rider
- the sword attack on the horse has obnoxious auto-aim and is a one hit kill, feels really out of place in this sort of game
- the gunner positions on the planes could use a bit of a buff, they are fairly ineffective
- Escape menu sometimes doesn't appear properly, UI can disappear. This has been oft reported though so it should be fixed for final
- WTB class restrictions so half the team isn't just sniping
- Support needs some love. Ammo boxes aren't enough and their guns don't justify the kit.
- They need yet another redo on the revive system, no one is bothering right now due to the low spawn times.

Stuff that is really good
- VOIP is built in and works very well
- Origin integration is very well executed, nice to see EA finally getting a clue here
- Graphics are outstanding
- Performance is smooth and few crashes/bugs
- Terrain and building deformation
- Fun fun fun, had many BF moments already

News Comments > ARK Expansion Follow-up
16. Re: ARK Expansion Follow-up Sep 6, 2016, 15:59 Verno

Gibbage wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 15:48:
Make a $20 expansion to an unfinished game, people loose their shit. Make a $1500 space ship for a game in alpha thats 4 years late, and thats cool. Ill never understand the gaming community.

Err are you crazy? Plenty of people are losing their shit about Star Citizen, like every topic that pops up related to it is a total cluster fuck. Also just because people bought this doesn't mean they bought Star Citizen and vice versa. Expecting people to express outrage equally is kind of silly, especially because they might not even be aware of both.

4 years between comments is a good run BTW, kudos on that

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 6, 2016, 12:59 Verno

wtf_man wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:29:
I actually have zero interest in owning VR. I think VR would be better served with a "brick and mortar shop" that has extremely expensive - cutting edge tech (Think Lawnmower Man), that folks could go visit for entertainment... like Paintball, Laser Tag, and those fast indoor electric go-cart places.

VR in the home can't compare to that.

Have you tried the Rift or Vive? Modern VR is pretty compelling, even if just for watching some videos and playing the odd game. It's just really early days still, no point in getting into it when the gear/software is so immature.

The problem with the arcade approach is that it requires huge capital investment and people are visiting retail less, not more. The Playdium model is not something I can see working well with VR outside of demo purposes. You remove the audience from the experience with the tech itself which hurts its appeal as a spectator thing. I really like the tech itself, very very cool stuff. I wouldn't want it for all games but there's definitely a market for it.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
21. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 12:02 Verno

JayDeath wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:46:
I'm just tired of this new trend of reintroducing 5 to 10 year old games. Rockstar should be announcing RDR 2, no?

Why though? Is there a lack of new games for you to play? There's a whole generation of new hardware and many people didn't experience these games the first time around. We never got a PC version, you don't think there is demand for it? RDR 2 is coming soon and these remasters are staffed by young/new employees, they don't tend to take away anything from other projects. Remasters are fine with me, you can just safely ignore them if you aren't interested and they are often repackaged with newer iterations in a franchise for more value.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 11:27 Verno

I really enjoyed the beta and will be picking up the game when it comes out. Gonna skip on the season pass thing, I didn't get much mileage out of the DLC for BF4.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 6, 2016, 10:45 Verno

Not surprised about VR sales, the price points are too high and a lot of people don't want to be in on the first generation of the tech. I'm really interested but its inevitable that better products are coming so I'm just sitting it out until then. I don't mind the early adopter thing but it is a ton of cash to do it with VR so /shrug.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
6. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:44 Verno

bbq4tw wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 10:27:
while redemption is one of the all time greats, you can pick up a 360 or ps3 for next to nothing (or get an xbox one and play backward compatible). I would much rather them devote the resources to the next red dead or gta and have it on pc from the start.

Remasters are generally worked on by tertiary staff with some oversight, they don't really detract from other efforts for the most part. The next Red Dead is already well on its way as several leaks have confirmed.

News Comments > ARK Expansion Follow-up
3. Re: ARK Expansion Follow-up Sep 6, 2016, 10:38 Verno

"Now that we've been able to do this once, we'll be able to do it easier in the future" This whole post is really begging for that Sinclair quote about a man not understanding something when his salary depends on it.

i think most of the hate for this game is completely unfounded. It's easily one of the best survival games, period. Tweak your graphics options, you CAN run this game well.

I disagree, most of the "hate" is people upset that they continue pushing ahead with new charged content while the game remains poorly optimized and unfinished. Sure, you can dial down your settings and make it playable but it shouldn't run this poorly on good hardware.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 2, 2016, 13:15 Verno

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:56:
Fact is there not wrong. Google has been just as assholish, if not more in some cases, in their demands. I'll grant you that doesn't excuse what the other guys are doing, but Google is just as evil if not more so now.

Hahaha no. Google has been objectively less evil than AT&T and pretty much any other carrier. They have a long way to go to arrive at AT&T territory for that. Before you start crying about the wonders of municipal broadband (despite never having experienced it yourself), remember that most small municipalities cannot afford it without significant subsidies from federal government.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2016, 10:20 Verno

They were getting DDoS'd last night, it was up and down like a yo-yo. I did get in some solid games though, BF1 continues to be super fun for me.  

18229 Comments. 912 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo