Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18035 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
36. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 22, 2016, 09:44 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 13:45:
Hey I love me some Pc Master race stuff like the next, but the PC elitism in terms of "if only a pc version". Seesh. Bioware do this, do whatever the fuck you want to do, if people like it they'll buy it if they don't they'll buy something else. Make it for whatever platforms you want, jeeze. You own me nothing.

Given how the "tactical" implementation was for Dragon Age Inquisition due to consolitis, I will take PC only any time and bitch as loud as I want about it. Got plenty of historical precedent to justify those concerns too

Playing: Stardew Valley, Doom, Windward
Watching: Preacher, Outcast, The Program
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2016, 14:49 Verno

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 11:55:
While I am in no way, shape or form on the government's side in this story, there is one thing that puzzles me:

Is it POSSIBLE to decrypt this iPhone, or not? Apple kept saying that it was impossible to do, so the government demands a back door which Apple rightfully refuses to do. However, there seem to be hints that writing a custom firmware for the phone will actually still allow it to be decrypted. If so, isn't that already a back door?

As Naga mentioned its impossible. What the Feds want is for Apple to essentially write a backdoor into iOS then trick the phone into an upgrade that would essentially remove the checks.

The argument that there is useful intel on the phone is compelling given the circumstances but does it trump privacy for all? Should Apple and everyone else just ignore historical precedent in the form of government abuse with access to this sort of information?

I say no.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 18, 2016, 11:44 Verno

"buy and sell stocks based on rumors and news"

Troll of the year so far but its still early.

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
57. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 14:19 Verno

OK, that's a phrase I never want to hear associated with Fallout. Or Elder Scrolls.

The combat in those games was jank by comparison, take off your nostalgia goggles. FO4 makes significant improvements in those areas while still retaining all of the relevant RPG bits.

An actual complaint is the mediocre implementation for PC choices. The voiced dialogue is probably to blame.

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
28. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 08:57 Verno

This is just to get business off impulse customers, I lost count at the number of people yesterday who said they were getting it before it went up in price. The rest of us will pick it up down the road when its cheap and complete.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2016, 13:27 Verno

You're on a roll today Blue  

News Comments > No New Assassin's Creed This Year
11. Re: No New Assassin's Creed This Year Feb 12, 2016, 14:57 Verno

Good, the AC games were really tired and formulaic. Black Flag was the last game I played and I don't plan on buying future ones until the games are dramatically re-imagined. Been there, done that.  

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
15. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 12, 2016, 11:18 Verno

I really hope this game will also be available on Steam and not just exclusively on the crappy Windows Store...

Hah I don't want to even load the Windows Store to find it. Place is a fucking cesspool, unbelievable that a multi-billion dollar company let it get so bad.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 11, 2016, 12:54 Verno

rudra wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 08:15:
Amazon prime is what surprised me... Man in the High Castle was good, but Mad Dogs was fucking amazing - couldnt believe how good it was actually, for a damn amazon series

Thanks for pointing me toward Mad Dogs, gonna check it out later.

Edit: oh cool has a british original series too.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 10, 2016, 11:18 Verno

That business model doesn't really work but good luck trying.  

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2016, 12:25 Verno

Seeing Gravity in 3D was pretty damned cool. Same with Interstellar. I can't say I cared for it much outside of the theater though. My Panny plasma has it and I don't think we've used it once.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2016, 12:21 Verno

PHJF wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 09:59:
Want to see Kyle Bosman land on his feet. He had a weekly op ed I've consistently watched for the past two years, much more thoughtful and introspective than anything else.

Agreed, he has real talent. I hope he doesn't end up at IGN or something.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2016, 09:16 Verno

NKD wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 00:28:
Am I seeing defense of drunk driving on Blue's?

Being drunk is a right apparently and everyone should drive you home, fluff your pillow and perhaps pay you a salary too. If they don't do those things then its ok to drive drunk and potentially kill people.

Absolutely idiotic.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 8, 2016, 13:02 Verno

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 8, 2016, 10:22:
Java, one emergency patch after another. Remember when homeland security said, disable Java if you don't need it.

Like anything else these days including your OS. The problem with Java is not the updates, its the people who don't apply them.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2016, 10:25 Verno

Kind of a weird Super Bowl, very much a defensive grind out. Denver's D was ferocious, Ware and Miller were a force. Manning looked strong on the opening drive then sputtered out but he still did enough to get them into FG position consistently and hopefully ends his career on this high note. Miller deserves a major salary bonus for essentially creating both of their scoring opportunities. The Bronco's running game needs some updates though.

Panthers just made so many damned mistakes and unnecessary penalties, absolutely zero discipline. Newton got into a rut and gave his critics more ammo after a season of hot dogging and boasts. Unlike Russell Peters last year he didn't seem to own it and went into a bit of a daze. Hopefully he reflects on this and learns some humility.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 5, 2016, 11:51 Verno

GamerGear bahaha. I hope it has multicolored LEDs and perhaps even a speaker because why not?  

News Comments > Godus Wars Makes Controversial DLC Free
11. Re: Godus Wars Makes Controversial DLC Free Feb 4, 2016, 16:30 Verno

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 16:02:
You're a bunch of crusty ole' bastards. Give them some credit, they're trying.

They're just reversing a shitty decision they shouldn't have made in the first place, I'm not sure that qualifies as trying.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled
13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight OS X & Linux Cancelled Feb 4, 2016, 12:09 Verno

Given the optimization problems they had with the Windows version I'm guessing they just didn't want a repeat with Mac OS X and Linux where the driver situation is much worse. Then they would be back to square one and recalling a game again.  

News Comments > Godus Becomes Godus Wars
37. Re: Godus Becomes Godus Wars Feb 4, 2016, 12:04 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:49:
I find it interesting that you have the exact opposite perspective. theyarecoming doesn't want ANYTHING negative spoken about Star Citizen because he's financially backing it and fears project collapse. You don't want to hear ANYTHING about it period because you hate it. "You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't" about sums it up. The long and short is this. Where and when I feel it is appropriate I will continue to use Star Citizen and Chris Roberts for the topic at hand. You're more than welcome to skip my comments if the mere mention of Star Citizen makes you throw up a little.

I don't hate it, you're projecting. I'm just tired of the endless topics, baiting like in this thread and arguments surrounding it. There's really no need or purpose to dragging it into other threads, especially when there are active ones in the side bar already. But since you're determined no problem, I will start running it up the flag pole in the future if I see it instead. Same goes for him.

News Comments > Diablo III Season Rebirth Reminder
12. Re: Diablo III Season Rebirth Reminder Feb 4, 2016, 11:38 Verno

Yeah this season is actually pretty good, in fact some of the people who commented here haven't been on b.net in awhile so I take what I read with a grain of salt. The game has a much better meta than S3 and its endgame is much more fleshed out than D2 ever was. The cube has worked out really well in addressing most of the Jay Wilson era design flaws. There are some fundamental aspects of the game that suck, particularly the poor map randomization but new lead can't do much about that at this stage.  

18035 Comments. 902 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo