Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18443 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 10:19 Verno

Atlanta got shaken up with all of the penalties and seemed to lose steam. They gotta keep some gas in the tank next time, it was great that they were all over Brady for the half but they seemed totally deflated after. Couldn't believe how their O fell apart and that huge sack cost them a game winning FG, Ryan should be ashamed of that shit.

Very exciting game to watch, converted my GF to a fan. She was screaming at every play by the end.

Playing: Zelda BOTW, Dark Souls 3, Watch_Dogs 2
Watching: Fences, Black Sails, The Expanse
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 3, 2017, 11:42 Verno

External USB drive support finally and custom wallpapers. PS4 has finally come together with some great features from last gen and this one, its very well rounded. Took them long enough though.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 12:22 Verno

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 09:47:
For all the crazy shit he's done so far, this move I am 100% behind. H-1B has been abused for well over a decade, and companies whining that they "can't find skilled workers in the US" really just mean "for peanuts salary."

When H-1Bs are being used to outsource jobs to India, where the currently employed engineer is being forced to TRAIN his Indian replacement, you know it's gone way overboard. I'm glad someone in DC is finally paying attention to this bullshit.

I don't think hes done anything particularly crazy so far other than be serious about The Wall. I'm not thrilled with some of his appointment choices but after the FCC thing with Tom Wheeler I've learned to be patient and let time show us what these people will do. Whatever he does here will undoubtedly be an improvement, the program is such a fucking fiasco already.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 15:37 Verno

You're always there to pick me up when I'm down space  

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 31, 2017, 15:29 Verno

I think the Pro will get a price markdown (probably $50 or something) after Scorpio lands this year but yeah, I would go with that. I just got a Slim because I wanted something quiet and have a gaming PC for higher spec type games.  

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 15:27 Verno

Pigeon wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:18:
We'll see what actually happens, but so far his orders have only made things more difficult for people who have the least or are suffering.

H1B tech workers are not exactly suffering when you look at the requirements and frankly I don't really care, their recruitment already negatively impacts American workers. I have a hard time empathizing with the corporations either. Several are already claiming this is a violation of freedom and that H1B visas are a normal tech recruiting tool (something that was never intended in the first place).

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2017, 14:27 Verno

No versioning in their backups hahaha, give me a fucking break.  

31. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 14:08 Verno

I don't even notice if I'm running 2 games at once unless they're both BF1/Doom on ultra settings or something. Modern machines (particularly with SSDs) are more than capable of doing this.

It happens when you alt tab out of one to do something, get interrupted then come back later and launch a different game. I will make a data flow diagram and flowchart for you later on to demonstrate CJ

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 13:56 Verno

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:23:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:18:
We'll see what actually happens, but so far his orders have only made things more difficult for people who have the least or are suffering.
You mean like Obama's? When he blocked allowing Christians and Yazidis who are being ethnically cleansed from claiming asylum in the US? That's why during the last round of "import refugees" there were under 100 from either of those groups despite the demand being there from them. So far the only thing Trumps order has done, is the same thing as Obamas. Based off Obama's own security analysis recommendations.

Sigh, now we're going to get the same 4 posters in here determined to disprove you and its going to turn into the usual circus.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 31, 2017, 13:17 Verno

The PS4 has a ton of cool exclusives though and even moreso if you love Japanese games. You can pickup a Slim bundle at a decent sale price sometimes too. My PS4 gets a ton of play time now.  

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 13:15 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:03:
H1-B has been rife with abuse for years, driving down salaries and putting Americans out of work. Supposed to be used for very specialized skills that American has, instead it has been used to replace Americans in working positions. Or they'll advertise a position well below market value. When no American applies, they'll claim they can't find a qualified American to do the job thus need an H1-B.

Yep, my company does this. I'm in a senior position so I'm safe but it disgusts me and frankly I'm getting tired of watching it happen. I'm looking to move to a startup or something since we're very secure financially. I hope Trump goes after this shit hard.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 31, 2017, 11:25 Verno

The hands on stuff I've been reading about it sounds great.  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 09:46 Verno

Yeah I haven't been a fan of the current H1B program and corporations have been abusing it for awhile now so this is one change I can get behind, provided its reasonable.  

72. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2017, 09:17 Verno

Redmask wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 08:12:
Trump is pushing his agenda so quickly that the media cannot keep up.

It's chilling how effective this has become and despite its transparency the media is ill equipped to pivot due to the structure of their business and reporting cycles. He just shifts the cycle as soon as he needs to and they can't fact check or keep up.

I had to google what "kakistocracy" meant by the way haha.

19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2017, 15:46 Verno

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 14:21:
The sole reason for "game mode" is more spying and more tracking of our gaming habits (like Steam does). Microsoft is pissed off that there are people like me who have immediately uninstalled the store, the Shitbox app and the game bar. So how do you sneak your spyware shit back in through the backdoor? Right. You create a "game mode" and hope that people won't notice or disable this garbage.

Microsoft can just install spyware through Windows Update at any time, they don't need to create a Game Mode to do that.

They are installing spyware on your Windows XP machine right now!!

Make like Sandra Bullock and disable The Net!

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
29. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 15:04 Verno

Acleacius wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 10:33:
There was a huge uproar about how they handled both HR and Thief. They were both made by the same company and iirc both teams are in the same building. They focused on console designs for starters, press button to win. Secondly, even Ion Storm was smart enough to know stories need to contain empowered women and not just as sideline characters. These are the same people who didn't allow Jumping in Thief. In reality, nothing else should need to be said, after that absurdity. This doesn't even cover the Boss fights, where they forced you to kill.

I don't really understand why the takedown mechanic is problematic, the game gives you a variety of methods and tools to accomplish your goals. You're not forced to use takedowns. I have no idea where the female character thing comes from, every game doesn't need to be a statement about gender politics and frankly I never heard this brought up as a serious problem with either game. Not allowing jumping in Thief is dumb but that's Thief, not Deus Ex where you can jump and level design is very accommodating to sequence breaks and etc. The boss fight thing was never really a big deal to me but they went back and resolved it regardless.

I think its fine to have some complaints but to say that they "walk all over these IPs with hubris and bad decisions" seems like a big exaggeration. They were pretty reverential of the source material and even made every staff member replay the old game before they went to design documents.

49. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 11:14 Verno

That alligator jumping into the boat video sure is funny.  

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 10:41 Verno

I hope this forces some necessary debate about immigration policy, it's been too open in North America for some time now and its been to the detriment of our work force. Speaking anecdotally I've been very nervous about the numbers of muslim refugees not so much from a security stand point but because of the jarring differences in social and cultural norms compared to our own. I know the left loves to idealize the melting pot but in several countries they're now discovering that islamic values don't necessarily mesh with our own and this can actually help create more sources of racism and conflict than it alleviates.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
7. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 09:42 Verno

Acleacius wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 08:40:
They have walked all over these IPs, Deus Ex and Theif with hubris and bad decision after bad.

What is wrong with how they've handled Deus Ex? Human Revolution and Mankind Divided had some story issues but other than that were excellent games. I think my only real rub with them is the constant loads between areas due to console limitations.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2017, 14:31 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 03:39:
When six convenient plot points happen over three films, people tend to be forgiving of that. When six convenient plot happen in a single film, people tend to say "WTF???"

That's exactly it. I don't mind these things in small doses but there was just too much of it in one shot. This thread has gone into madness as most SW chat tends to but I feel like this point has been totally missed or ignored. Where you and I digress is all of the ANH vs TFA stuff. It's not so much about what ANH does better for me, its about what TFA does wrong. There is a lot of stuff is gets right and I disagree about Finn acting out of character, the whole stage was set for his character to change right from the beginning. That said there is a ton of weird transitions and the whole Rey character just bugs me due to the writing deficiencies.

Anyways I agree with Mr Tact, you guys should just be mature and drop it. Not you JD but RM and the rest.

18443 Comments. 923 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo