Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18120 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
40. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 13:01 Verno

Be quiet Cutter, you lost all right to play the "dont quote trolls" card long ago and besides it was just humor. You know, humor? Google it sometime.

Playing: Bravely Second, Far Cry Primal, Doom
Watching: Vice Principals, Free State of Jones, Mr Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Turbine Layoffs
3. Re: Turbine Layoffs Jul 8, 2016, 12:57 Verno

Free to play, mobile development studio. So in 2 years they're going to make glorified gambling apps for iOS? Woohoo?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Op Ed Jul 6, 2016, 14:53 Verno

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 11:00:
What a left-wing, uneducated voting for corrupt politicians, thing to say...I guess some would rather vote for lying above the law politicians like Hillary. Wait, maybe I should have made this into a signature so Blue won't get offended? lol

"Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you."

Wrong section. And you suck.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 14:40 Verno

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:11:
Golbez... is my brother?!

FF4 owns so much, I miss the old FF games

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 6, 2016, 11:10 Verno

I don't share the same concerns. I think the 1060 will be priced right at the same point and supply issues will be largely worked out by then. This could totally derail AMDs strategy of chasing marketshare and ceding performance. AIBs are rumored to be pretty upset with the margins on the 480 so it will be interesting to see what they do for the 1060.  

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
8. Re: CS: GO Gambling Scam Jul 4, 2016, 14:32 Verno

Someone better hide the entire mobile gaming sphere from this guy or he'd have a heart attack.  

News Comments > Josh Mosqueira Leaves Blizzard
28. Re: Josh Mosqueira Leaves Blizzard Jul 4, 2016, 14:29 Verno

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 3, 2016, 14:49:
Well, like I said, RLs require a change of mindset and a new approach, otherwise you`ll think something along the lines of that wildly inaccurate statements above. I know, because I used to dismiss roguelikes too, though for different reasons.

I find most of your comments to make little sense and this one is no improvement. You don't play Diablo for a rogue like the same way you don't load up a sports game expecting your JRPG fix. You're making a apples to oranges comparison and then somehow trying to conflate people disagreeing with a lack of understanding. People understand roguelikes just fine, they aren't some unknown phenomenon that requires intellectual rumination. They sometimes just don't like them for the same reason some people don't like Diablo.

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
66. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 30, 2016, 14:06 Verno

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 16:33:
Verno wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 16:08:
Tachikoma wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 14:51:
I just shed a tear for those poor folks at Steam, scrapping on minimal margins because their operational costs are sooooooooo high!

What a fucking joke this is. Anybody (most?) here old enough to remember "why games cost so much" perennial articles from mags before the digital era? It was always that samey diagram with "real" stores and real media eating up huge chunk of the price.

People were dreaming "ah if only we could eliminate these awful costs! games would be so cheap..." And guess what happened then? A funny thing: games in digi distribution are either the same price or MORE expensive than physical copies.

TL;DR: If you think extortionate digital prices are caused by anything else than pure greed and "because we can!" attitude you`re delusional.

This is a pretty dumb argument. The cost of development has skyrocketed since then, any benefit from going digital has long since been wiped out.

On the one hand, yes, but on the the other hand, the addressable market has also skyrocketed. There are a lot more gamers on consoles and PC than back when the budgets were smaller. The fact that the price for a full price game has barely changed in the last 15 - 20 years shows that both effects about equalize.

Besides, I remember very well that publishers promised us to pass on any cost advantages from the move to digital. Of course that never happened. New games are still 49.99 to 59.99 (often times the latter these days since publishers like to apply console pricing to the PC version, too).

Yeah, that's why I said the only reason prices have remained stable is due to economy of scale. The market growth still doesn't explain away the massive rise in costs though. People think that saving $10 on packaging means that it offsets payroll being 20x what it used to be, well uh LOL. Yeah no sorry, that ain't how it works.

It's fine to argue that some suit at EA isn't going to give you a break on price unless you force his hand but claiming Steam is somehow holding back money or that digital distribution has lowered costs is nuts. Those cost savings were passed onto the consumer several times over already, particularly in the PC market.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 12:46 Verno

Glad to hear it worked out, cheers Blue.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 11:45 Verno

I'm not sure if its just the metal arm/brace itself but there are some Ebay sellers with arms and stuff if you decide to fix it. When mine gets to that point I will probably pick up a used chair to gut for parts, I see them around here for $200-300. Anyways good luck and let us know how it goes.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 11:10 Verno

Missed the last page about 16 years. I'm surprised it didn't go longer but oh well, that's a pretty respectable lifespan. Personally I would re-up but Humanscale and Steelcase both have great options these days too. Sounds like its time to take Mrs Blue shopping and oh look, we can stop at this showroom on the way what a coincidence!  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2016, 10:47 Verno

I would definitely see if you can get it serviced under warranty. That's kind of nuts that the metal just sheared right off, definitely a defect unless it was purchased used.

The gamer chair market is a pile of garbage, overpriced crap with dodgy ergonomics at best.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 29, 2016, 10:43 Verno

AMD delivered a hot, loud 970 at a lower price point? Meh. I guess they're shooting for market share but the card itself doesn't really impress me. For 1080p its decent but I think people would be more likely to check out the inevitably better performing 1060 when it arrives. I hope it just puts pressure on Nvidia to price the 1070 more reasonably.  

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
48. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 16:08 Verno

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 14:51:
I just shed a tear for those poor folks at Steam, scrapping on minimal margins because their operational costs are sooooooooo high!

What a fucking joke this is. Anybody (most?) here old enough to remember "why games cost so much" perennial articles from mags before the digital era? It was always that samey diagram with "real" stores and real media eating up huge chunk of the price.

People were dreaming "ah if only we could eliminate these awful costs! games would be so cheap..." And guess what happened then? A funny thing: games in digi distribution are either the same price or MORE expensive than physical copies.

TL;DR: If you think extortionate digital prices are caused by anything else than pure greed and "because we can!" attitude you`re delusional.

This is a pretty dumb argument. The cost of development has skyrocketed since then, any benefit from going digital has long since been wiped out. Do you have any idea what just payroll alone on a major project costs nowadays? If anything its remarkable that game prices haven't gone further up, only economy of scale has let price points remain so low. You also don't seem to realize that Steam does not set prices, publishers and developers do. There's no such thing as a good margin when your competition is fraud and can drop price to whatever it wants by the way. Steams margin is pretty fair considering what they deliver but there are plenty of non-Steam options with lower prices that don't resort to fraud that can be used instead.

News Comments > New Turtle Rock Studios IP
8. Re: New Turtle Rock Studios IP Jun 20, 2016, 12:42 Verno

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 11:02:
Yeah, I always chuckle about the folks that bought into that one. There was a guy here who dropped $100, right off the bat...

Eh whatever, dude was just excited. You've bought into plenty of stinkers too.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 16, 2016, 13:11 Verno

A Chinese company complaining about design or IP theft just makes me want to post that massive rolleyes.gif  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 16, 2016, 08:57 Verno

Trent might be correct but hes still hypocritical for saying so after having encouraged piracy at many points in his career. Like most musicians who build an image, I've found that the counter-culture/establishment persona is quickly put away when money is at stake.  

53. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2016, 14:07 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 22:21:
Yeah, you just keep mollycoddling the Muslims and see where that gets you. And all Blue's censorship in the world won't change that. You guys just keep rationalizing away as the bodies pile up and the blood spills on the street. Not every muslim is a terrorist but they are extremists. Apostasy? Death. Homosexuality? Death. Women rights? Death. Give your fucking heads a shake.

You really have no idea how good you have it on this website. Blue is incredibly tolerant, in fact its often frustrating how hard it is to get rid of trolls such as yourself despite a long running history of negative behavior. It can take months of time and reports only to have the turd re-register and restart the process, its part of the reason I'm reading and posting less here. You will not find another community like this that will let you get away with the kind of crap you do here on a regular basis. Pretty much every other community has either introduced community voting features so posts like yours disappear quickly, have nuked comments altogether due to toxic behabvior or have a zero tolerance policy. You know this already from your bans on other sites like Ars, Slashdot, Shacknews and so on.

You should be cheering Blue on because quite frankly you aren't welcome anywhere else. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2016, 16:09 Verno

Hope its all good news Blue, best of luck.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
46. Re: Windows 10 red X now does the upgrade Jun 8, 2016, 12:45 Verno

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 18:09:
You asked about compatibility issues, my HP laptop loses the ability to sleep and sound volume is half as loud due to no SRS sound driver. A 2012 laptop (with ssd) that will happily remain on Windows 7s and jump to linux when the time comes.

I misspoke on hibernation, Fast Startup relies on a hybrid hibernation file. more here http://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

Anyone with eyes can see that the desktop icons were changed, and not for the better.

The "it never happened to me" meme is lame. Myself and others have seen the pop-ups for rate this app and upgrade Office etc.. When Counter-Strike: Global Offensive acts weird, his fellow gamers say "it never happens to me" so he comes about it honestly.

Windows 10 is the greatest, if you disable this and turn off that and change the other, and don't mind Beta testing your OS, and enjoy the built in Malware style of marketing.

TLDR
I definitely recommend taking advice from someone who used XP for 11 years when 2 superior options (Vista SP2 and Win 7 SP1) were readily available.

What specific model is your HP laptop? I would like to check this out for myself.

18120 Comments. 906 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo