Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18230 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Global Virtual Reality Association Formed
4. Re: Global Virtual Reality Association Formed Dec 8, 2016, 13:40 Verno

Fallout VR and Mechwarrior VR are coming. Nuff said.  
Playing: Titanfall 2, World of Final Fantasy, Forza Horizon
Watching: Westworld, Ash vs Evil Dead, HyperNormalisation
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 16:18 Verno

Fion wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:34:
If netflix' movie selection is mediocre. Amazon Prime's is downright terrible. Only movies you can find on there that don't come with an added price tag are last years AAA flops & b-movies from the '2/$5' bin.

Yeah Prime movie selection leaves a lot to be desired but they do ok with their originals. Netflix I used to love browsing the movie library but the quality just isn't there anymore. I have a huge NAS setup so I'm pondering just canceling Netflix anyway. It's a great value...if you use it and I don't tend to use it much these days outside of just playing some 4k content.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 13:22 Verno

nin wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:53:
The good thing about this is all the kooks out themselves, and you know who to ignore in the future!

There's always personality conflict but I try not to do this as much as possible. I think I've got maybe 5 people on there tops and its mostly from trolling or personality differences that I couldn't resolve. The echo chamber crap is a big part of what divides people. I've noticed you especially like to crow about your ignore list but you're just reinforcing your own opinions in a very shallow way by ignoring people the second they post something that doesn't jive with your world view. IMO that sort of stuff plays into the shitty kind of politics and debate we're seeing these days. If these topics are so bad then why keep perusing them?

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2016, 13:28.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2016, 13:08 Verno

nin wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 11:58:
I couldn't be happier with the ps4. I think it's my favorite console since the genesis, and with all the reveals last Saturday, it might just eclipse it before it's retired...

I like my PS4 but I do have my beefs:

- my launch unit sounds like a jet engine despite regular cleanings
- PS+ fucking sucks now. I get them not having AAA games in the first few years but they have shitty first party IP they could at least throw in like Killzone and fucking Knack. Throw me a fuckin bone, no more indie games that I can get for $5 on Steam.
- System Stability Updates
- The revamped controllers still have the shitty battery

I might grab a Pro if I can manage to offload my PS4 for a decent price, supposedly they are pretty quiet.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2016, 12:03 Verno

Revenue sharing? Their extortion racket more like it.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
7. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Dec 2, 2016, 14:05 Verno

crushbug, please tell us this is not another collectathon like Dragon Age Inquisition

Quality over quantity.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog
3. Re: No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog Nov 30, 2016, 12:23 Verno

This is a ruling on the Steam page content specifically and doesn't take into account Murray's interviews and public statements. Either way their name is mud, this changes nothing.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 30, 2016, 11:42 Verno

Hahah yeah I was hitting reply to post exactly that.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
15. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 30, 2016, 10:34 Verno

Defender and Malwarebytes are all you need along with sane browsing habits. Beyond that protect your accounts with 2FA and you'll be fine.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
57. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 29, 2016, 14:53 Verno

Amazon worker jumps off company building. Since people keep mentioning Amazon, this felt oddly timed. You can work there if you want but I hear nothing good about working for Amazon so have fun with that. I've known about a dozen people who worked there over the years, none still remaining with the company and every single one complained about insane workplace pressure and poor treatment of employees.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
17. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 29, 2016, 09:45 Verno

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 08:58:

Actually yeah, but more LOL Mr Robot (but I'm only 4 episodes into that series). I miss more of the dark theme of the first game, as this is more the Care Bears/My Little Pony version.

The quasi-Person of Interest stuff it had going on was relevant at the time but I feel like they couldn't just repeat it again. I like that they went in a different direction with this one. The driving model is arcade style but that's fine with me, I'm not looking for a realistic driving model from my silly hacker open world games. What really impresses me is the kind of insane situations that crop up with the AI, very fun stuff.

Watch Dogs 2 is honestly really good and I'm surprised because the first game was really mediocre. It's a shame its selling poorly but I guess the E3 stuff with the first game combined with the hype/disappointment isn't helping here.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Metaverse
26. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 28, 2016, 14:41 Verno

Mash, listen dude. Hillary Clinton is a corrupt neo-liberal and many other bad things but the conspiracy theory pedophile ring stuff is absolutely bonkers and has literally no foundation at all. You're discrediting yourself by giving it any credence and providing others ammunition that is easily used against you in future discussions.

You know I'm a fairly Conservative voter who was glad to see her lose but that shit is insane and entirely fake.

Just stop

56. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 28, 2016, 10:55 Verno

Retired wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 19:47:
We moved several times so my father could be closer to better jobs. How come people don't want to try harder? What is wrong with moving? We moved a state away and away from all of our family. Single father raising me, shit was tough.

What evidence do you have that people aren't working hard enough? What makes you think people haven't moved or aren't willing to move? Where does any of this come from? Your opinion on this is baffling and seemingly has no foundation. How did you come to this conclusion, what data was used? Do you think you're the only one who had it tough? I've got news for you, the world is full of people who have it way rougher than you ever did or ever will. Same goes for me.

The problem isn't people being unwilling to work for their goals. It's that their goals are based on the success of previous generations and many aren't realizable anymore. People like you keep telling them to repeat the past as if its a predictor for the future and that's not the case at all. They can't repeat what worked for you, your father or your family. People now need to adjust to an economy where your skillset needs to constantly adapt and where you could have 2-3 smaller careers in your life. You can specialize to raise your income potential but that's also risky if technology could deprecate your skillset. In many households both spouses will need to work to help their children offset almost hopeless amounts of school debt. They also need to adjust to an economy where you could potentially never retire until health issues prevent you from working any longer.

There is a lot more to the subject but that's about all I have time for this morning unfortunately.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2016, 11:04.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
24. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 28, 2016, 10:08 Verno

I like the fact that they're updating the game but I'm not going to give them kudos for it considering the state they delivered it in the first place. This barely scratches the surface, they have a lot more work to do. Get going Hello Games.

I also think they owe their customers an apology, the evasive non-apologies they've been offering so far don't impress me. People will forgive mistakes if you seek it. I also didn't really care for how Murray seems to be treating this like a crowdfunding campaign, he sold people a retail product and played make believe after the fact. Very lame.

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
1. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 25, 2016, 12:20 Verno

Nearly 40% of Americans Would Give Up Sex for a Year in Exchange for Better Online Security.

Nearly 40% of Americans are having shitty sex or no sex at all apparently.

44. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 25, 2016, 09:14 Verno

Problem is everyone wants something NOW, it is in your comments. Work a couple shitty jobs for a 1-3 years and show you are a proven hard worker to get a better paying job.

This is pretty naive Bats, come on. Of course people want the ability to work, have shelter and the ability to raise a family. Those are basic tenets of society. These aren't kids fresh out of school acting like they're owed an 80k salary. Many people have been stuck in dead end jobs with a barely livable wage for awhile now, the sorts of jobs you're talking about are centralized around cities or just don't exist anymore. Trump just got elected on the backs of people who have been doing that for much longer and still can't find work. You have a low unemployment rate in Minnesota but other states haven't been so lucky.

Traffic fatalities will almost drop to zero the second that AI takes over all vehicle traffic.

Traffic fatalities will be nearly 100% when the AI realizes this is an efficient way to get rid of many humans

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
19. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 10:36 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 08:53:
Trying to decide if 40% is enough of a discount to get "No Man's Sky". If it was a 66% discount, I'd probably get it -- I feel like it is a $20 game. $36 instead of $60 is good, but not sure if it is good enough...

I suggest not spending more than $19.99 on it, you will regret it. Terrible game. If you go into it with zero expectations and only spend a little bit of money you might look more favorably on it but even then I doubt it. It's a really bland, uninspired, shallow and tedious game that somehow confuses inventory tetris and repetition as content. So many better ways to spend $20 IMO.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
98. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 15:28 Verno

For instance, bring manufacturing back to the USA. Non college person reaction - great we can work again! We can work at the factories. College educated reaction -- Wait, what about automation? The tech trend toward manufacturing is counter to the early industrial notion, the "division of labor" -- if anything single machines are able to replace multiple roles and this hasn't slowed down, it's sped up. Companies may bring back manufacturing to save export / import costs (and tariffs etc.), but cheap human labor is already being replaced by robots abroad - with plans to automate entire factories. How will that give you a job? How will you learn new skills?

I hate the whitewashing of shitty Liberal trade policies that flies under the guise of "oh its just the march of progress!". The idea that we can just put 1/3 of our workers back into factories is absurd but we also can't proceed with more international trade policy when we can't even agree on the ramifications. I'd also like to see serious concessions for the fucking insane trade deficits we've had to stomach for the past 20 years and let's see some of that used for retraining an increasingly depressed working class. Is Trump the man to get that done? Who the fuck knows at this point. I sure as hell hope he tries.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
90. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 23, 2016, 09:07 Verno

BobBob wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 22:57:
Sanders hammered on Hillary non-stop until the end. Constantly accusing her of elitism and being a sell out to the corporations and banks - pretty much calling her crooked with a softened choice of words. He only turned 180 (in support of her) when he needed to be anti-Trump. Sander's anti-Hillary drum beating still resonates today. He basically handed over political ammunition to the Republican side and helped Trump win. He's as much to blame for Trump's massive support by the working class as is Hillary's complete alienation of them. But for some odd reason he's given a pass.

This is absurd. Sanders gave in at the appropriate time and spent the rest of the year stumping hard for her despite her not even putting him on the ticket. Clinton had billions of dollars behind her, every celebrity under the sun and practically every media outlet save Foxnews in her corner. Clinton's loss is entirely on her inability to connect with voters and total failure to provide a meaningful message (I'm With Her? Ok???) or provide any assurance that the working class could expect results with her. People keep championing the "popular vote" which makes me laugh, she should have done considerably better with all of that behind her.

We'll never know if Sanders could've beaten Trump or not but he is not to blame for Clinton. For the record I think Sanders could've knee capped Trump and given a viable alternative to working class voters disaffected with Clinton. Speaking for myself I would've voted for him.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 22, 2016, 14:51 Verno

Titanfall 2 is legit good and a massive improvement over the first game. EA just decided to blanket the FPS genre at Christmas, hoping to blunt COD sales which I think they have accomplished. I just hope the TF franchise isn't eventually killed off as a result. I thought the first game was very average at best but the sequel is a huge improvement, really enjoying it.  

18230 Comments. 912 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo