Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18129 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 29, 2016, 12:31 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 11:01:
I'm not sure I'd want any more "powerful surprises" from Samsung at this point.

One of their washing machines blew up in spectacular fashion too, not sure wtf is going on in that company.

Playing: Bravely Second, Far Cry Primal, Doom
Watching: Vice Principals, Free State of Jones, Mr Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
27. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 09:40 Verno

DangerDog wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 05:36:
This isn't a case of cutting content, you would first have to make the content in order to cut it.

Haha damn that is a real zinger there, well played.

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
48. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 29, 2016, 09:12 Verno

An unverified PDF file linked on reddit isn't exactly a slam dunk and you aren't a credible source of information on the other stuff. You have previous history and comments that indicate bias. You're trusting a source of information that is dubious at best and worse, you haven't fact checked that source. It's unverified third hand information from a random internet person, of course no one will give it real credence.

Go gather what you have there, send it to a credible news source and let them do a story. They will actually fact check it while respecting source anonymity. Otherwise /shrug, its an amusing tale but I doubt anyone will take it seriously.

This ongoing back and forth is a total PR circle jerk for absolutely everyone involved until either the product is released or the day in court happens.

Gaming site needs clicks / views? Write anything about SC. We the gaming public prove it works every time.

Indeed. I haven't followed development very closely and I've only dipped my toes in these threads a few times but its a mish mash of anonymous sources, insinuation, defensiveness and bizarre circumstance. The irony is that all of the stories just seem to further fuel money flowing into the game, negativity about it seems to have the opposite effect. Its detractors don't seem to realize they are helping the creators with free advertising.

Ah well, glad I have no skin in the game and all of this is just amusement.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
13. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 13:27 Verno

Sho wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 13:10:
Didn't they make a Director's Cut of Wasteland 2? Like many I backed this, played it for an hour when it came out, liked it well enough but had better things to occupy my time. I wouldn't mind going back if they turned it up a notch in the DC though. Impressions?

The DC is really well done. I played the vanilla when it first came out and it had a ton of issues, I wish I had waited for the DC. You can see it probably soured a lot of people on the game, I thought the DC was much more enjoyable.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
24. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 28, 2016, 12:54 Verno

Stormsinger wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 18:17:
Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 13:43:
Stormsinger wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 18:51:
I just stopped in to see what the MRAs were raving about this week. Come on guys, this is -way- too tame...I made popcorn and everything!

Come on guys agree with my views or you're a racist/bigot/misogynist Bandana
I didn't figure you for one of them, Verno...but with the apparent butthurt, I guess I missed something.

Lumping me in with another crowd because you made a dumb comment sounds more like butthurt but ok. I guess I'll have to find a way to sleep at night but gosh it's going to be tough

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
3. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 12:49 Verno

It had its flaws but I really enjoyed Wasteland 2 overall and I'm looking forward to a more refined iteration. Definitely going to support this.  

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
45. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 28, 2016, 08:49 Verno

Still waiting on a source for Derek's PhD 15 years later, don't hold your breath folks.

Dude. I just said they exist. I've read them. Did I miss something?

Right but uh you're a random internet person who has a documented history with regards to this game that could easily lead to bias. You're also not a journalist and you're acting like people should trust information 3 times removed from the original source. A source which conveniently can't be verified.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2016, 09:07.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
46. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 26, 2016, 14:49 Verno

Choosing between the lesser of two evils is not indicative of a broken system: it's indicative of the democratic system in a big, diverse country working (mostly) as intended. A candidate that gave you everything you wanted, would offer too little to everyone else, and everyone else matters just as much as you. If that compromised choice between far less than ideal candidates is too unappealing, by all means vote your conscious, but don't be surprised that by walking away from an offer to get some of what you want, you end up getting nothing.

Perhaps choosing a third party is the lesser of "two" evils for some voters, I don't make assumptions about peoples reasons. That's why you won't see me saying "vote for X or its a waste". I don't personally vote with a christmas wish list so to speak either but I think your point is well made.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
42. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2016, 13:23 Verno

nin wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 10:35:
It is when the most they can muster is 10%, with the other two in the 40s. At that point, your vote is worthless. You sacrifice it to make yourself feel better.

Voting doesn't make me feel good, its just something I take seriously. It's never pointless to take the time to select someone whose platform you like based on logic and reason. If its for a third party then so be it, we'll never have a viable third party without some momentum shifting at some point and that takes votes even if it means a bunch of sunk elections along the way. You don't change the status quo by purposely continuing it just because you're worried your vote lacks agency.

Most of the time when I hear that argument it seems to be from people who just want you to lean towards their candidate of choice.

22. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 24, 2016, 13:43 Verno

Stormsinger wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 18:51:
I just stopped in to see what the MRAs were raving about this week. Come on guys, this is -way- too tame...I made popcorn and everything!

Come on guys agree with my views or you're a racist/bigot/misogynist Bandana

39. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 23, 2016, 12:19 Verno

Cyant wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 08:56:
Not a joke at all, console peasants ARE pathetic.

I don't know, looking down on others because they bought something different from you seems more pathetic to me. MY VIDYAGAME MACHINE IS BETTER THAN URS is something I would expect from a 13 year old.

4. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 23, 2016, 11:23 Verno

I didn't care for her "work" that I bothered to watch, a bunch of one sided tripe and often ill informed about the intent of the writing in some games while just plucking low hanging fruit in others. She doesn't offend me in the way that the utter fraud Quinn does though. Quinn has a long history of taking money and never finishing anything while conveniently bouncing around from various crisis that always gets blamed on the industry.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
17. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Sep 22, 2016, 16:21 Verno

I had an issue with texture flickering a few revisions ago, it was some setting in the Nvidia Control Panel that got ticked somehow (couldve been me even). Once I reset everything back to default it was fine though. Maybe give that a whirl.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
14. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Sep 22, 2016, 09:14 Verno

No issues with these drivers as per the norm.  

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 21, 2016, 12:02 Verno

Hey that $37 2inch screen phone looks perfect for you Cutter  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed
18. Re: Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed Sep 21, 2016, 09:26 Verno

Retired wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 08:08:
But it is a pub game, and just like their Star Wars skin game, no one takes down the walkers - so Rebels always lose. Same way with this BETA. You would get in a tank and go 50-1. That isn't a balanced game.

It was a beta, people are clueless in general. They are learning the map, the classes and many people didn't even have adequate AT unlocks or know how use to them. Hell there was a progression bug preventing people from unlocking the AT rocket for awhile. They can make some balance decisions after retail launches when things shake out a bit.

I'll be playing mostly Rush this time around, Conquest without people you know just isn't as fun.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2016, 08:53 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 22:33:
Yeah, I've never understood why people put up with that. I'm 54 and I have had a checking account since I was 12 when I needed it for my paper route. And the only time I ever paid a fee for my savings or checking account was when I was a poor college student and I let my the checking balance slip below $100 a couple of times. I'm also at a credit union, but I'd be willing to go to a named bank if they had services I wanted but couldn't get at the credit union. However, I don't suspect that would actually ever happen.

And in fact, last year my credit union started charging if you received monthly paper statements. The first month I was charged, I went over and asked about it. Asked, "I've been mailed paper statements for 25 years without charge, why do you need to charge me now?" They waived the fee for my account.

I'm with a credit union now but before that I was with big name banks for a long time. Most of the accounts I've held them had a "minimum balance to rebate monthly fees" bit and I've always used it. I keep an emergency fund in a highly liquid account and that's usually enough to avoid ever paying fees. There are also several no fee banks online now too. There's no reason to ever pay bank fees, they are entirely unnecessary. The bank makes enough with the money you let them hold onto and for the average person the interest on their debts.

If you add the cost of a lifetime of bank fees and factor them with the time value of money you're giving up a chunk of a house. It's pretty crazy.

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 21, 2016, 08:40 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 10:51:
Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 10:32:
$650US for a Google spyphone? Lulz!
I don't know what you were expecting after last years Nexus prices.

The most amusing part is that he calls it a google spyphone yet hes using Android anyway. $650 US for the super computer that you get carry around with you to do just about anything useful, yeah what a ripoff Rolleyes

Rebel without a cause. Rebel without a rebel even.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2016, 10:30 Verno

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 21:20:
Nothing beats an alcoholic passing judgement on other people's addictions.

That one has to hurt, well played sir.

Why can't you be honest with yourself Cutter? You want to dismiss everyone who goes to a food bank as somehow undeserving because it makes it easier to ignore their plight. It's easier to walk by and do nothing than it is to donate your money or time. You preach left wing ideology but practice none of it, typical.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2016, 10:20 Verno

The Night Manager was good but loses steam in the last two episodes and never really lives up to the tension and intrigue that initially hooks you. I think they miscast Hugh Laurie, great actor who easily handles the more human side of his character but can't pull off the menacing sociopath aspect when required, he always looked like he and the crew were having a laugh. On the plus side some amazing location shoots, great performances from the supporting cast and I like mini-series because they don't overstay their welcome. Hiddleston was great and they stayed fairly close to the book.  

18129 Comments. 907 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo