Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 18937 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games
19. Re: Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games May 22, 2018, 13:41 Verno

I'll be in diapers and dentures by the time the games actually arrive.  
Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Reviews
11. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 11:50 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on May 17, 2018, 11:22:
Another MS game that is a sad joke. No surprises there.

It is really a bad generation for Microsoft, all their chickens came home to roost. Arrogance with partners towards the end of the 360 era. Lack of ongoing investments in studios who make content. Tedious back and forth micro management of their few remaining partners. Corporate interference leading to lack of creative freedom and multiple cancelled projects. Pissed off most of the Japanese industry by fucking with PlatinumGames and they weren't well liked there to begin with. Pushing for multiplayer focused titles for revenue purposes only and totally neglecting their singleplayer IP stable. The LOL Xbox One launch which doesn't even need to be explained.

Just a fucking shitshow there. The only thing they've done well is the backwards compatibility bit which no one really cares about anyway at this stage in a console gen. It's a testament to the power of the brand that its sold as well as it has in North America because it deserves to do much worse. I'm still shocked anyone bothers buying one, nothing worth playing, the store is a hilarious disaster and they made a mess out of the interface by re-designing 3 fucking times in a single gen.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2018, 09:52 Verno

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2018, 13:37:
It's trickier than that, according to the article. All of the cars involved in the deaths were hybrids. When you pull into the garage, there's no engine sound. Without that feedback mechanism, people forget to hit the button, and go inside the house. When the battery in the hybrid gets low, the engine kicks on, filling the garage and subsequently the house with CO.

I still don't see how people are failing to notice the million other indicators that your car is still on. I was in an accident last year and wrote off the Fusion, got a Lexus ES350 instead with push button start. The car beeps, has lights on and probably a dozen other things to show you that its still running. Probably have their head in their phone as soon as they park, if not while they're driving.

News Comments > No Lootboxes for RAGE 2
10. Re: No Lootboxes for RAGE 2 May 17, 2018, 09:46 Verno

I can hardly imagine a sequel I want less than this game. Even a Daikatana sequel would be welcome just for the humor factor. Rage was so fucking mediocre, even the gunplay got boring.  

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 at E3?
9. Re: No Borderlands 3 at E3? May 16, 2018, 12:53 Verno

Burned out on the formula anyway. Bullet sponge enemies, humor is tired and not enough combat depth to keep me going. Didn't even finish Pre-Sequel, just totally bored with the series. They really need to back to the drawing board with it.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Reveal This Month?
5. Re: Battlefield V Reveal This Month? May 11, 2018, 10:32 Verno

I'm pretty burnt out on BF at this point, I think its almost getting to CoD in terms of franchise fatigue based on my group of friends too. I don't know what else they can do with the formula at this point, 2 years isn't long enough to realize any serious innovation either. I think they've got 1-2 more entries of sameness before people start giving up on it the way they did with AC.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2018, 15:49 Verno

Jivaro wrote on May 10, 2018, 13:52:
Verno wrote on May 10, 2018, 13:40:
That Predator trailer was generic as hell and lacks any of Shane Black's style. Not at all encouraging.

Yeah...that trailer was about as vanilla as vanilla gets. Disappointing. This particular sc-fi franchise is such a mess.

Predators was solid, it had problems but was a step in the right direction after years of trash. Unfortunately between casting Olivia Munn and Benecio Del Toro leaving the production, this looks like its going to the dumpster.

The plot details just got leaked to reddit and seem pretty accurate based on the trailer, even worse than I thought.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2018, 13:40 Verno

That Predator trailer was generic as hell and lacks any of Shane Black's style. Not at all encouraging.  

News Comments > Anthem in March 2019
9. Re: Anthem in March 2019 May 9, 2018, 14:16 Verno

Extra time wouldn't fix ME:A necessarily, it had fundamental design problems. Would've certainly smoothed out the launch day woes though.  

News Comments > Anthem in March 2019
2. Re: Anthem in March 2019 May 9, 2018, 11:36 Verno

A fundamentally social experience. So in other words, the most obnoxious monetization scheme possible. With EA I have zero faith that this will not be a shallow microtransaction vehicle.

Bioware better get it right, this could make it or break it for their brand credibility.

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
75. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 28, 2018, 11:58 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 18:30:
Verno wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 17:19:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 01:54:
Verno wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 15:36:
Pretty hilarious to criticize a company for outdoing you at an unfinished project. Yes Derek, we know you're the true king of these messes. There's your attention, have a cookie and go away.

Annihilation was pretty good. What did you think?

Nothing could do the books justice but they nailed a lot of the abstract elements pretty well. Only Netflix money can buy that kind of weird anymore, the other studios are too risk adverse. I still prefer the books but it was a worthy effort. I was disappointed they never explored the stuff with the lighthouse keeper/etc but perhaps its being positioned for a sequel one day, I'm not sure. It sort of ends as an odd mix of book 1 and parts of 3.

Most people who haven't read the books probably are scratching their heads after watching it though.

Yeah, I never read the books, but thought it was just a very atmospheric and beautifully shot "Heart of Darkness" journey. The cinematography and use of color was amazing, even if there were a few holes and inconsistencies plot-wise. I like blockbusters as much as the next guy, but it's nice to have some more intellectual, risk-taking sci-fi as well.

There's so much the movie doesn't touch on. You should really give the books a shot sometime, fantastic and fucking weird stuff. It gets crapped on a lot by people who want everything spoonfed but I loved it.

72. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 27, 2018, 17:19 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 01:54:
Verno wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 15:36:
Pretty hilarious to criticize a company for outdoing you at an unfinished project. Yes Derek, we know you're the true king of these messes. There's your attention, have a cookie and go away.

Annihilation was pretty good. What did you think?

Nothing could do the books justice but they nailed a lot of the abstract elements pretty well. Only Netflix money can buy that kind of weird anymore, the other studios are too risk adverse. I still prefer the books but it was a worthy effort. I was disappointed they never explored the stuff with the lighthouse keeper/etc but perhaps its being positioned for a sequel one day, I'm not sure. It sort of ends as an odd mix of book 1 and parts of 3.

Most people who haven't read the books probably are scratching their heads after watching it though.

70. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 26, 2018, 15:36 Verno

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
35. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 23, 2018, 16:07 Verno

Flatline wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 14:37:
WTF?

Mark of the Ninja, Walking Dead, and Firewatch were made by 3 different devs: Klei Entertainment, I'm assuming Telltale, and Campo Santo.

Those are games that some of the devs at Campo Santo worked on previously. People move around in the industry

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
31. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 23, 2018, 11:46 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:25:
Oh no, unlimited time and funding for a good group of developers, what terrible news.

Unlimited time and funding sure, I don't know about good. I never played Mark of The Ninja but Walking Dead was really uneven and Firewatch was straight up bad in my opinion. I guess maybe I just don't care for walking sims.

If nothing else at least they will hopefully help Valve produce something again.

News Comments > Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released
17. Re: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released Apr 17, 2018, 12:21 Verno

Task wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 10:24:
I'm waiting for the Switch version anyways. I don't understand why ports for jRPGs are bungled so much. This surprises me too, since playing the older Ys games from Nihom, the ports have been decent.

The PC gaming market in Japan is almost non-existent. Porting to the platform for them is pretty much new learning territory. Sometimes they contract porting houses in the west to do it but often they don't because business relationships in Japan take a long time to form and Japanese upper business culture is still pretty xenophobic.

A lot of their revenue is now being derived from the west though so you can see this stuff changing over time.

News Comments > Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released
12. Re: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released Apr 17, 2018, 09:14 Verno

Creston wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 09:01:
The who of what now??

Super fun JRPG

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M
6. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M Apr 12, 2018, 15:48 Verno

Fucking great game, super fun and lots of longevity.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 08:55 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 01:30:
Radical Heights is the #1 game on Twitch. I give up. People are sheep.

Sea of Thieves was #1 on Twitch for its launch then banished out of the top 10 after less than week. The streamers like to showcase new games to keep people interested but usually go back to the tried and true.

News Comments > Evening Previews
7. Re: Evening Previews Apr 11, 2018, 09:22 Verno

Maybe they should make something they want to make instead of chasing trends. Maybe!

Passion project my ass.

18937 Comments. 947 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo