Descending
Limit Results:

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

re: CultureShock
May 30, 2003, 03:05
re: CultureShock May 30, 2003, 03:05
May 30, 2003, 03:05

He was banned from our forums for constant abuse, trolls and flames.

>>Explain what the six million USD from Take Two's doing in your trousers George.

Explain what? Explain that we never saw a dime of it? That it was a publishing fee paid to GT/Infogrames and that's what it took for Take Two to buy the game from them ro publish?

It's really amusing, in a sad way, that people like you get facts 100% wrong, then spread it as fact online.

I challenge you or anyone in the world to show that we received one dime of that money. I will pay $100k to anyone that can prove that.

Re: Quick observation
Aug 20, 2002, 16:37
Re: Quick observation Aug 20, 2002, 16:37
Aug 20, 2002, 16:37

60:

>>The justification for using anon is simply respect for someone's wish for privacy, regardless of the reason.

You do see the irony in wanting privacy, while posting on a public message board, don't you You can't (and really sholdn't) have your cake and eat it too. Stand behind your words and comments. Don't hide behind anon.

Aug 20, 2002, 16:34
Re: Quick observation Aug 20, 2002, 16:34
Aug 20, 2002, 16:34

>>Of course there is justification -- why do you want to control my privacy?

Here's where we disagree. I don't care about your privacy on a message board, one little bit. Zero. You actually think that's a "right"? This is a private message board. Blue has every right to require registration. If that somehow bothers you, then you should seek to post elsewhere?

Voodoo Extreme and Shacknews are no longer allowing anon posts. For good reason.

But people that claim it's an invasion of privacy, to not post anon? Give me a break. Don't post then.

Anon posters on net message boards will soon (and gladly) go the way of the dodo. Any reasonable human being can clearly see that overall and in general anon posting does more harm than good. Of course there are exceptions. Of course some anon posters that never post flames will get screwed.

Then again...why do you need to be anon? Are you a criminal at large?

>>Again, the entire assumption that registered users will behave is based entirely on the assumption that they will suddenly mature upon registration. How does this work?

It doesn't. If they continue to be dicks ban them. Of htey re-register new hotmail accounts, ban them. After a while a troll loses interest.

Aug 20, 2002, 16:18
Re: Quick observation Aug 20, 2002, 16:18
Aug 20, 2002, 16:18

>>Not to sound rude, but if anon posters constantly worshipped your game on these messageboards, would you have the same opinion?

Of course. Because those anons would gladly register and say the same things.

In the end, there is no way to justify being anon in places like this. Why would you be? What purpose does it serve, other than to allow you to flame without consequence? if it's too much trouble to register an account, then maybe you don't post enough to make it worth having you? If you DO post a lot, then why not register?

There's just no justification for allowing anons other than to get more traffic (because it removes the barrier to posting easily) or to use it to flame or troll.

If registered people troll/flame rguarly, it's a fairly trivial matter to ban them for a week, or a day etc. Even if you don't want to moderate the forum (and who has the time), forcing registrations at least gives you an avenue to track posters and deal with them when things get too out of hand.

Aug 20, 2002, 16:08
Re: Quick observation Aug 20, 2002, 16:08
Aug 20, 2002, 16:08

I've long thought that anon posts shouldn't be allowed on sites like this. In reality all it does is let people make random flaming comments. And it degrades the overall quality of any discussion that could be going on.

I think webmasters in the past have allowed anon posts for one simple reason. They get more traffic. But at some point you should look at the quality of that traffic.

You may not get as many posts (First Post!) etc if you require registration, but I wonder if it would actually affect web site traffic overall?

Re: Space elevator takes off
Aug 13, 2002, 15:51
Re: Space elevator takes off Aug 13, 2002, 15:51
Aug 13, 2002, 15:51

>>Uh-huh. Just a guess, but I think they're wrong about this being the next big trend in marketing.

All the news places will carry the story and people will all hear the name Turok. For $800 a pop, it's already worth it. Just from today.

Re: Managment
Jul 2, 2002, 05:19
Re: Managment Jul 2, 2002, 05:19
Jul 2, 2002, 05:19

#26:

>>Maybe it's time for new management in 3d realms. It's surprising that Looking Glass went belly up and had come out with some many great high quality titles and 3drealms has only made a few $19.99 games and is still here.

Maybe it's because of good management?

>>I don't know who owns 3drealms

Me and Scott.

>>but I think a company like EA would do wonders with 3drealms. Companies like Westwood, Origin and Janes have really gotten their acts together since EA absorbed them into their company.

Westwood was fine before EA bought them. In fact, probably better. EA has run Origin into the ground after purchase. It's basically dead. Ultima 9 rushed out, and it could have been one of the best games ever. Ultima Online 2 cancelled. Garriott ousted.

You need to look into things a little more. EA is the Destroyer.

Re: Duke Nukem? PPPFFFTTT!!!
Jul 1, 2002, 22:34
Re: Duke Nukem? PPPFFFTTT!!! Jul 1, 2002, 22:34
Jul 1, 2002, 22:34

>>You people got that right when you say 3dRealms is clearly not capable of making any games. If you recall, who made the engine for Duke Nukem 3d? 3dRealms? No. I'll tell you who, some *kid* (at the time) named Silverman, he did the bulk of the programming.

This is stupid. We paid for that engine and it's development. How is that any different than paying employees to develop it for you? It was a 3D Realms engine and it was only used in 3D Realms games or games we licensed the engine to. So how was it not ours?

Some of you anon boys really need help.

It's me
Jul 1, 2002, 21:38
It's me Jul 1, 2002, 21:38
Jul 1, 2002, 21:38

Ok, I finally had my password (which I forgot) sent to me

George Broussard

9 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older