Descending
Limit Results:

11 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: Black Shark 2
Nov 2, 2011, 22:35
Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS: Black Shark 2 Nov 2, 2011, 22:35
Nov 2, 2011, 22:35

too too too many cool sims coming of age; too many cool FPS dealies these days... Daaaaammmmmmmmnit!

never enough time

That said, I'm sure not gonna miss this wholesome chunky goodness.

_W00T_ DCS!!!

it's super-quiet...
Jun 29, 2011, 18:01
it's super-quiet... Jun 29, 2011, 18:01
Jun 29, 2011, 18:01

lol bet it's 'cause peeps are checking it out- and maybe with some killer community content in the near future, the game will finally be worth grabbing (?)

Re: Op Ed
Nov 13, 2009, 13:06
Re: Op Ed Nov 13, 2009, 13:06
Nov 13, 2009, 13:06

The article? An enormous stank-load which amounts to nothing more than Big Game Co. Apologist BS which provides the kind of advice to consumers that will only cause the quality of their gaming experience TO SUFFER. Where to begin? This sample will do:

"So, when Bioware and EA put so many resources into developing a hardcore gamers-game like Dragon Age, and people light pitchforks on fire because of optional DLC, I can’t help but feel intensely frustrated at what I see as thin-skinned entitlement and monumental naivete."

What we have here is a backward-thinking apologist for consumer abuse and/or fraud who is accusing many responsible consumers of naivete. In the case of DAO DLC- anyone making excuses for that incompetent clustf*ck is a windbag fanboy by definition. The company advertises X, but cannot provide X according to their own promises- that's not something the consumer should accept, Mr. Self-Defeating Author, especially if he/she wants a better gaming experience.

The overall idea driving this article appears to be something along the lines of "Gee we better take it up the ass and grin or they'll take our fav toys away." Suffice to say that if these companies don't please the consumer, another will come along that does. It's not like the demand for games is waning. I see nothing in consumers fighting to get what they paid for (as advertised) that will cause games to go away. But they'll get perverted by pay-content, etc. you say? Maybe certain companies will try that for awhile, maybe until the CONSUMER REFUSES TO BUY. The problem for the consumer is not that they are complaining too much, it's that they're buying games that they claim to hate. If gamers would just stop paying into crap, they may just see things improving.

In any case, this author's logic train has derailed. He'll just have to put up with the overreactors- they're present in all facets of consumerism, particularly internet consumerism. And the game companies know this well. EPIC FAIL Mr. Sands.

More EA pathos...
Nov 6, 2009, 05:50
More EA pathos... Nov 6, 2009, 05:50
Nov 6, 2009, 05:50

Just wow- f'ing EA idiots- another clusterf&ck caused by their complete mess of a user account system. Took several IT professionals I know hours to get it sorted for their own DragonAge Origins installations. Same deal w/me. Days after purchase, I finally have the DLC that I paid for.
SEE EA FAIL.
FAIL YOU F*CKING EA MORONS FAIL.

BoB=very, very old news...
Oct 5, 2009, 16:09
BoB=very, very old news... Oct 5, 2009, 16:09
Oct 5, 2009, 16:09

Like was said below--- Oleg's BoB is old news. It's been in-developement for at least four years.

Typical douchebag troll...
Aug 15, 2009, 13:39
Typical douchebag troll... Aug 15, 2009, 13:39
Aug 15, 2009, 13:39

R.I.F... one who can actually read English for comprehension would be aware that I never equated those two aspects of the game. Try looking up "equate" in Websters... after mommy gets you lunchee-wunch.

The Best...
Aug 15, 2009, 12:02
The Best... Aug 15, 2009, 12:02
Aug 15, 2009, 12:02

As it should be- it's largely D&D-based, after all. One year of gaming and still learning something new every day. Tons of content for those who join now (those of us around since initial beta 3 years ago are now a bit bored). Character builds afford most variegation, most ability to demonstrate your smarts and creativity. Real-time D20 mechanic very exciting too- good twitch skills will be rewarded. Cheaters get banned. Don't believe me? LOL ask a member of the Ravensguard or Plague guilds...

Unfort. this game requires some form of intellect, so it will never be able to compete financially with games like WoW. And thank goodness :). It's extremely well-polished (in it's current subscription state) and because it usually attracts a smarter, older crowd, the gaming experience is mostly very rewarding. If you get me, try it. Turbine may have issues, but they've help create something rather incredible here. Those who have missed it when it was intially released (2006) and signed up in the last year or so know what I'm talking about.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2009, 12:06.

ghey
Aug 15, 2008, 18:01
ghey Aug 15, 2008, 18:01
Aug 15, 2008, 18:01

Let's rehash: cartoon character d/m is ghey. TF2 is still uberghey. Valve: stop. Get Ep3 done & released, then try again.

Not all of us... but some noteables
Jul 3, 2008, 11:17
Not all of us... but some noteables Jul 3, 2008, 11:17
Jul 3, 2008, 11:17

Timely article, as I sat through a couple more MMO player-chat verbal tirades during quests this week. Listening to other veterans stringing out insults and "f-you's" in the face of... some polite newb asking a simple question about an item. When I spoke up and provided correct answers to the person, it was not appreciated by the uberrude vets- seems that for some, games are just another arena where they can make themselves feel better by utterly belittling inquisitive novices. These douche bag veterans are apparently hooked on that "fix" as well. Long story short: many people are so mentally locked into living the role of the rat running the maze (when they think they're merely role-playing a fantasy character) that they are clearly not having what any reasonable person would call "fun". And they love to spread the dread. 'Twas ever thus I suppose, well before the advent of the MMO... -sigh-

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 11:19.

Nvidia = liars, cheats
Jun 10, 2008, 19:44
Nvidia = liars, cheats Jun 10, 2008, 19:44
Jun 10, 2008, 19:44

Nvidia can't even meet it's own promises regarding SLI functionality in XP---after how many months? Almost a year? Read the 175.16 WHQL promise re:SLI and XP functionality: a promise that is still... broken.

Yet Roy Taylor whines about fairness ("and I think it's really unfair what they're doing..."). Meanwhile, Nvidia is still committing consumer fraud. Disingenuous? Just a bit. Oh yeah, wait- it must be the software pirates that are preventing Nvidia from meeting their SLI promises... riiiight.

I hope Intel ramps up their gfx solution properly and eats Nvidia's lunch.

Re: I think blues was hacked...
Jun 5, 2008, 21:22
Re: I think blues was hacked... Jun 5, 2008, 21:22
Jun 5, 2008, 21:22

Yeah Woody, it was actually me, the newly-appointed head of the Vast Evil Right Wing Conspiracy. Here at the VERWC, we don't just demolish occupied U.S. skyscrapers and blame terrorists. In our spare time, we also hack and slash those political hot-spots of The Ultimate Dissemination of Truth: gaming websites. If your prior post exposing The Truth of what happened on 9/11 were allowed to remain here, the entire fabric of our great nation would have been torn asunder by gamers and gaming industry people- plainly, they represent the most potentially devastating threat to our continued hegemonic control of...

...your douche bag.

11 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older