Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3984 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 7, 2019, 16:03 Wallshadows

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 15:47:
The one you linked to should be an excellent choice (Corsair PSUs are usually quality Seasonic PSUs relabeled).

PSU market is weird. Most don't manufacturer their own models, will often use different OEM brands based on the series, can then use a different model based on the wattage and will depend on the year. You really have to make sure you know what you're getting or just default to a brand like Seasonic.

Corsair sources their inventory from a lot of OEM manufacturers which range from junk to fantastic but I don't think they have any based on Seasonic models. Not that I recall anyway.

This particular model is built by Great Wall. If that name sounds familiar it's the same PSU manufacturer you'll find with those junker Walmart gaming PCs. It's still a fantastic PSU but goes to show how you can't even trust a manufacturer on top of everything else when it comes to the PSU market.

750w is a little excessive though especially for a 2070. Could save a couple bucks and get a Seasonic FOCUS 650 Gold.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > G-SYNC Expands to Some FreeSync Monitors
15. Re: G-SYNC Expands to Some FreeSync Monitors Jan 7, 2019, 15:50 Wallshadows

What I'm hearing is to sell off my G-Sync monitor for a premium before normal folk find out.  

News Comments > More Alien Teasing
4. Re: More Alien Teasing Jan 6, 2019, 15:26 Wallshadows

The Nostromo disappeared?

Well, I mean, I guess they're right...

News Comments > Alien Game Tease?
2. Re: Alien Game Tease? Jan 5, 2019, 15:51 Wallshadows

Who is Amanda Ripley making it?  

News Comments > Boxing Day Tech Bits
16. Re: Boxing Day Tech Bits Dec 26, 2018, 22:03 Wallshadows

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 26, 2018, 19:34:
I think where AMD possibly could score a major win with Navi is have the high end card be priced at the same range as the 2060.

That's more or less what the rumor mill has been implying for some time now. The last claim was that they were going to release a card which rivaled the GTX 2070 for $250 which is consistent with what we were told about a year ago by claiming GTX 1080 performance for roughly the same cost.

Bear in mind that AMD doesn't have an answer to DLSS so there's a chunk of performance on the table unaccounted for but we all know how developers feel about implementing new tech, the use of 1440p+ and whether or not retailers actually sell for MSRP.

News Comments > Christmas Eve Tech Bits
6. Re: Christmas Eve Tech Bits Dec 24, 2018, 20:25 Wallshadows

Wccftech is shit but the source they're pulling from has a pretty great track record when it comes to leaks and such.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 16 Details
6. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Details Dec 24, 2018, 16:10 Wallshadows

GGG really knocked it out of the park with this league where D3 goes from being a faint memory to completely forgotten. Several end game goals keeps the grind fresh, engaging and feels meaningful along with really impressive supporter packs.  

News Comments > ATLAS Early Access Launch
3. Re: ATLAS Early Access Launch Dec 23, 2018, 15:54 Wallshadows

Pirates stole half the world animations apparently...  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 22, 2018, 16:06 Wallshadows

You don't need an IGPU until you do then you're very thankful it's an option when it comes to troubleshooting.  

News Comments > Warframe Launches Fortuna: The Profit Taker
7. Re: Warframe Launches Fortuna: The Profit Taker Dec 19, 2018, 08:08 Wallshadows

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 19, 2018, 00:20:
Because many kids don't play on PC and don't even know warframe exists. Just like fortnite. Many kids now playing don't even have a PC.

Just kids?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2018, 16:25 Wallshadows

Insidious was good right until it was decided to reveal budget Darth Maul as the main antagonist which seems to be how most of his movies turn out. A pretty strong first and second act followed by the typical horror tropes you find in modern Hollywood movies which make your eyes roll out of their sockets.

Throw a bunch of money toward Danny Boyle if they must but I'd be happy if they just let it go entirely.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 18, 2018, 07:55 Wallshadows

Does it come with a chiller too?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2018, 15:58 Wallshadows

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 17, 2018, 12:27:
Kroll played the fentanyl, carfentanyl, heroin, cocaine roulette wheel and lost.

He'll never be an ol' man river.

News Comments > Subnautica Free on Epic Store
20. Re: Subnautica Free on Epic Store Dec 15, 2018, 19:10 Wallshadows

I only use launchers when I feel like actually playing a game found on a particular launcher. Turns out most of the time I only ever have one or two launchers open max which rotates between Battle.net, Steam and I guess this one now since I've always wanted to try Subnautica but it always fell off my radar.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Losing Developers and Esports Support
9. Re: Heroes of the Storm Losing Developers and Esports Support Dec 14, 2018, 16:05 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 15:11:
Overwatch Royale!

(How would that work exactly?)

They've definitely thought about it and have been asked a lot as to whether it's a matter of if or when. AFAIK they've been rather coy about the idea but I'm sure if they really put a slight amount of effort in to it they could make it work with some ability tuning.

Also... doesn't Activision Blizzard own King?

News Comments > DayZ Hits Version 1.0 - Celebrates With Free Weekend
1. Re: DayZ Hits Version 1.0 - Celebrates With Free Weekend Dec 13, 2018, 19:23 Wallshadows

> DayZ has reached version 1.0 and is now officially out of Early Access

> We know there is still a mountain of work ahead of us

Okay.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Dec 13, 2018, 09:50 Wallshadows

jamiedj99 wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 01:40:
should this video not show a 2080ti in taa vs a 2080 ti in DLSS this video just compared a old stale apple to a fresh tasty apple

Likely to dispel the idea that the 1080 Ti is a better value when comparing the cost to performance between it and the 2080 Ti even though the inventory has more or less dried up.

This is to show that DLSS isn't just a weird gimmick like Hairworks and gives the Turing series an edge most were hoping it to have right out of the box. The two problems with this though is that it ultimately depends on developers and will likely only work on titles from here on out so if you play older titles you won't see these gains.

AFAIK AMD isn't working on their own version of DLSS but they are doing something about ray tracing.

News Comments > World War Z Class Trailer
2. Re: World War Z Class Trailer Dec 12, 2018, 21:57 Wallshadows

Give me a Battle of Yonkers horde mode and I'll give you a call.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
2. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Dec 12, 2018, 21:47 Wallshadows

Slick wrote on Dec 12, 2018, 21:36:
That's the kind of fps gain we should be expecting anyways after 2+ years and a $1700 CAD card. Shouldn't be dependent on developers being paid off to use niche middleware.

The performance gated behind DLSS is likely why these cards fetch a premium, I'd imagine. The "out of the box" performance to cost over Pascal is lacking but if this is a feature which actually gains traction then we're looking at gains which could match or exceed those seen from Maxwell to Pascal in 1440p+ applications. It's still a big "if" but there are already several engines which support it. It likely won't do much if anything for older games though.

It's a much more interesting and tangible feature than ray tracing, IMO.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 9, 2018, 11:25 Wallshadows

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 8, 2018, 15:05:
Imagine AI, which acts logical and truthful, exposing the hypocrisy and PC dictatorship. Cant let that happen. So we have to have rules for it before it can happen.
AI with bias.

Wasn't it their own AI which essentially turned in to a nazi nymph within hours of being set free on twitter?

3984 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo