Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3679 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 27, 2017, 13:32 Wallshadows

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 09:40:
A NIC worthy cpu without integrated GPU, AMD, why do you always give me reasons not to buy your stuff?

I'm guessing they're doing it to both cut costs as well as to promote their APU range. Actually, aside from their APUs have they ever released a stand-alone desktop processor which has an igpu like Intel does with all their processors?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 26, 2017, 15:24 Wallshadows

Someone had the money and interest to put together a CFL sports title?

Impressive.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 24, 2017, 21:29 Wallshadows

Seems like there's a certain kind of stupidity when it comes to developing and advertising a product which is knowingly considered illegal and then being surprised when you're hit with a C&D letter.

Jagacademy wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 21:28:
Warmane.com makes millions a year, has TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, and MoP servers, and 30,000+ online at all times. Has gone unchallenged for years

From my understanding, Warmane likely uses the C&D requests as toilet paper since they're located in Russia.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2017, 19:46 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 12:45:
Holy shit does that Thor movie look unbelievably bad.

To be fair there are plenty of things which are unbelievably bad but comic book movies aren't one of them.

They're a marketable form of cancer.

News Comments > More on Dying Light DLC Plans
8. Re: More on Dying Light DLC Plans Jul 24, 2017, 19:40 Wallshadows

It's funny because I was just thinking about reinstalling this game earlier today and do a fresh playthrough but actually got back in to 7 Days to Die since I heard the developers introduced electricity.

The wait for the Path of Exile expansion is really hard so anything I can do to pass the spare time is welcomed. Maybe I'll resub to Eve or...

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 24, 2017, 19:18 Wallshadows

I'm a firm believer that GoT will end with it flashing to Sam being like 90 years old finishing his book called A Song of Fire and Ice ever since that thing from the intro was shown in the Great Library. Even in the last episode when he told the dude his book title sounds like shit and dude was like "we're not poets" I thought to myself Sam would be the one who would go against that grain.

My friend hates the idea.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 22, 2017, 13:54 Wallshadows

We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Would this make them heretics in the eyes of the Emperor?

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 Live
8. Re: Diablo III Season 11 Live Jul 21, 2017, 22:49 Wallshadows

I literally hit level 70 maybe 30 minutes ago after being power leveled in about 15 minutes and I already have the full Rathma set. Four pieces from the "congrats on playing the bare minimum of the game" gift and the other two from Kadala thanks to getting 300 free blood stones from the challenge rift to gamble with.

Next season they may as well should give you the entire seasonal set for logging in.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
19. Re: Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month Jul 20, 2017, 23:45 Wallshadows

I think it's a fantastic economy and bartering is a far more meaningful form of trading especially when it comes to ARPGs which are loot-driven. Granted, trading in general could use an overhaul in PoE where they don't rely on third party services to act as a pseudo auction house but I still prefer it over the MMO-inspired BOP-everything-except-those-in-your-party-for-two-hours system which has infected Diablo 3.

Once you become accustomed to the system and the value of items it's really not that much different to traditional currencies. It just takes some commitment to understand the meta items, tier rolls, crafting slots and item level. You can even trivialize some of this by using strict item filters.

That and it feels good knowing GGG aren't assuming we're all hacking dupers who spend all our money on the dangerously evil black market like Blizzard seems to believe.

Creston wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 23:36:
Is it all still for free?

I really need to give this a try, but the ludicrously large skill tree and possible combinations kind of turn me off. I should find a cool, fun build to play and just play that, I think.

100% free.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adding Garrosh
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adding Garrosh Jul 20, 2017, 23:28 Wallshadows

Kind of boring but that's cool, I guess.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 20, 2017, 23:21 Wallshadows

I think a lot of people can thank him and the music he made to get through some shitty teenage years. Chris Cornell's death must have been the tipping point for his well being...  

15. Re: Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month Jul 20, 2017, 19:26 Wallshadows

Rhett wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 19:10:
About to start D3 Season 11 today, but that was a cool trailer. Haven't played POE since about release... How easy is it to get into? Easy enough to play without doing any trading/grouping/pure solo or duo with a friend (assuming both are competent, experienced ARPG players)?

The passive tree might look like a big scary monster but it's really not. Melee is a little more of a slog to get through if you're fresh out the gate and you can get through a fair portion of the game if you aren't inclined to trade unless you're nolifing. Solo self-found is a way to play and actually a feature which was introduced in the Legacy league so it's definitely do-able but you'll generally be at the mercy of RNG which is why most will suggest that you build some kind of cookie cutter farmer first then build a second character based on what you find since some builds benefit or change entirely with specific items.

As for builds, there are plenty of budget builds which you can start off of which can take you pretty far with little to no investment. I don't know how much the 3.0 tree shakes up all the skills but generally speaking there's more than enough to choose from to get that ball rolling and are often labelled as such on the PoE class build subforums which can be used as a guide.

I mostly solo so I can't really comment on group play. I do recommend to get in to a good clan though since the members often bring a wealth of knowledge and can generally improve the experience.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2017, 17:16 Wallshadows

I've already received a warning from my ISP last year when I went to download a episode of GoT for my mother since she can't stay up that late to watch it on HBO. Thought it was bullshit then I checked the header and found it was pretty darn legit.  

8. Re: Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month Jul 20, 2017, 16:35 Wallshadows

My biggest complaint is that their supporter pack armor sets are easily some of the most awful in the game. Not just one or two but all of them are just hard on the eyes to the point where I regret not pulling the trigger on the recent Infernal armor sale a couple weeks ago.

Good fucking bye three difficulties to grind though.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Season 3 Ends Next Week
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Season 3 Ends Next Week Jul 19, 2017, 15:27 Wallshadows

I would have been more inclined to continue playing GW2 but I am in no way prepared to pay $50+ for a jungle map. Jungle maps grind my gears. Now if it were to hit $10 like the base game did for some time I'd be all over that.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Tease
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tease Jul 19, 2017, 15:12 Wallshadows

Rhett wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 14:04:
I was thinking Draenei maybe? No Draenei in the game yet.

I suspect that once we left Outland the rest of the Draenei were used to complete the Path of Glory super highway. I have nothing to back this up but what else are they good for?

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 15:04:
I'm betting it'll be something like Kil'jaden or Sargaras though.

While KJ was certainly in TBC on a technical level he wasn't in Outland but rather on the Isle of Quel'Danas in northern Eastern Kingdoms. Sargeras is, well, if they are looking for some kind of continuity between HotS and Warcraft then, without spoiling, it's really not possible.

If I had to guess I'd say either Doom Lord Kazzak since he has some history and is about as neutral as it gets or Magtheridon since he was the lord of Outland prior to Illidan jailing him under Hellfire Citadel but he may be restricted due to the reason you mentioned.

Then again maybe it's the god damn Fel Reaver with a 75 foot tall stealth field. HHHWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2017, 15:34.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2017, 00:39 Wallshadows

That's a bummer to hear about Romero. Even more of a shame that he couldn't adapt his films to a modern age too to provide more relevant social commentary. I hold Night, Dawn and Day close to my heart since they are some of the first horror movies I ever got to watch but Land, Diary and Survival was just one train wreck after another.

I remember watching Land in a sleazy dump of a movie theater with maybe one other person and I tried real hard to give it a chance but the magic just wasn't there. Even Dennis Hopper couldn't save it...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2017, 13:55 Wallshadows

Mars is a lost cause anyway. What would we do when we get there? Pat ourselves on the back, poke the soil a bit, learn what we already know and later become abandoned like the Moon?

If anything, shift that budget in to one of the many moons which actually have reasons to be further explored.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 13, 2017, 16:16 Wallshadows

Would having their EU headquarters in Ireland have anything to do with the Double Irish tax-scheme? If so, I thought that was put to an end not long ago?  

News Comments > AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled
5. Re: AMD Threadripper Pricing Unveiled Jul 13, 2017, 13:10 Wallshadows

The icing on the cake is that Intel seems to be in the process of fucking over their HT Pentium series which was the bastion of budget-focused gaming and a market AMD likely wouldn't be able to touch by reducing production in order to push more sales towards the i3.  

3679 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo