Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3306 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 21, 2015, 12:47 Wallshadows

Jesus tap-dancing christ.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 Demo
2. Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 Demo Sep 19, 2015, 12:01 Wallshadows

Apparently this is going on with it too. God bless them.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 18, 2015, 13:47 Wallshadows

Don't forget the new Silent Hill game in spite of Silent Hills being cancelled.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 17, 2015, 20:33 Wallshadows

If a Zombie apocalypse were to happen though, you damn well know it would emerge from China or maybe even India.  

News Comments > Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month
7. Re: Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month Sep 17, 2015, 16:23 Wallshadows

Rhett wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 16:09:
Soon, they're coming out with a new DLC called The Following, that adds what appears to be a significant amount of content (including a new, completely different zone/terrain).

Which is included in the season pass or something like 14$ separately if I recall correctly.

News Comments > New EverQuest Expansion Next Month
4. Re: New EverQuest Expansion Next Month Sep 17, 2015, 12:35 Wallshadows

They should update the artwork of the cover characters to reflect on the time passed sine release. 16 years is a long time when you're punching stuff on a regular basis.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Bonus Event
4. Re: World of Warcraft Bonus Event Sep 17, 2015, 12:23 Wallshadows

Alamar wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 09:10:

Weekend events have been around for years, so not sure why this is newsworthy... It did change to more interesting events months ago, and then to not-just-weekends last patch...

Kinda curious what the dungeon week(ends) rewards change to with new content... Probably just always a piece of the latest LFR (low end) raid gear.

For years, yes, but certainly not for all aspects of play. Prior to Warlords, the only weekend events were done in the form of Call to Arms battlegrounds where the rewards were simply a bonus to honor for playing in a specific battle ground, win or lose.

What makes this particular weekend+ event notable is that it rewards the player with a piece of Heroic-quality raid loot (excluding weapons and tier). So, while it's ignorant to say you log in and get gear, it really only takes an hour or two (tops) to be rewarded with 705 - 720 loot (which can warforge/tertiary/socket). Even the Timewalking events reward Normal-quality loot (690 - 705 with the same restrictions).

In fact, the only way you can get LFR loot (675 - 685) from a Cache is if you're only doing LFR content as the Cache missions don't scale above the difficulty you play like they did in Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry.

Off topic but in total, between the Heroic Cache missions from the Shityard and this weekend event, I've received 6 or 7 heroic freebies for HFC and I was 'lucky' enough that it made certain boss fights like Xhul'horac unrewarding since I had the BIS (heroic) trinket long before seeing him.

News Comments > Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month
4. Re: Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month Sep 17, 2015, 11:43 Wallshadows

It was a joke ever since they called it a ZOMBA.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 16, 2015, 18:21 Wallshadows

What should have been the reputation reward to the Laughing Skull clan since they ride Grinning Reavers and have wild Reavers/Ravagers all over Gorgrond but instead sold for money so they could be given shitty wolf #215. This is why the Tauren/Moose hybrid clan in Legion likely won't have a Moose mount for Exalted because there's already one in the shop.

Not that it matters to me though. I finally found and bought a Magic Rooster so I have that set for ground and Mimiron's Head for flying.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's World Announced
6. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's World Announced Sep 16, 2015, 11:06 Wallshadows

You mean to tell me Freddy won't be going back to the hood or in space?

Disappointing.

News Comments > Need for Speed: No Paid DLC or Microtransactions
14. Re: Need for Speed: No Paid DLC or Microtransactions Sep 15, 2015, 14:58 Wallshadows

They don't need to create DLC when they likely already have several instalments being put together behind the scenes for annual releases with plans to kill the online functionality for each new release as they do with their sports franchise  

News Comments > Umbrella Corps Announced
7. Re: Umbrella Corps Announced Sep 15, 2015, 14:56 Wallshadows

PHJF wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 13:11:
And here I thought Operation Raccoon City was the worst-received Resident Evil in living memory. I realize RE6 didn't exactly sell like hotcakes, but it shouldn't have spelled the end of core-game RE development; it wasn't THAT bad.

I always felt that RE6 was better than 4 and 5. It at least had elements which reminded me of the golden age in spite of having an incredibly convoluted story design. Having not played O:RC though, I heard it was a bust which RE is not exactly unfamiliar with and can join the Survivor series and Outbreak dumpster club.

News Comments > Umbrella Corps Announced
3. Re: Umbrella Corps Announced Sep 15, 2015, 12:03 Wallshadows

You know what would have been better? An actual, story-driven game from the perspective of an Umbrella soldier. I'm not talking about shitface Carlos from RE3 but Mr. Death himself. He is way, way overdue for a proper follow-up story and they could build it around the events which lead up to the downfall of Umbrella rather than the hand-waving bullshit they used in the RE4 introduction to say it already broke up.

News Comments > First Wonder Trailer
12. Re: First Wonder Trailer Sep 12, 2015, 10:51 Wallshadows

Was a great game, sure, but it was riddled with bugs and an awful internet structure. Still, I devoted a lot of time between Giants and Sacrifice.

If anything, Sacrifice needs a successor more than Giants.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Sep 11, 2015, 16:30 Wallshadows

Three months in to HFC and they're just now addressing the issues with smaller raid sizes for Archimonde? Ouch.

20 man tuning or bust.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Sep 11, 2015, 16:05 Wallshadows

Huh, just checked Steam and noticed the pre-purchase for XCOM 2 is $80CDN. This reminds me of when I got my first PC which came with a demo of SIN and wanted to buy it so I went to Zellers and saw it had a $80 price tag on it.

Right in the nostalgia.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 11, 2015, 10:09 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 09:47:
I'd out that fucker in a second...

Yeah, I'd really like to know whom it was that they approached. I'm sure it'll leak somewhere though.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
2. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 09:59 Wallshadows

I've been meaning to get Enemy Within...  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 9, 2015, 14:51 Wallshadows

Yeah, the changes to that set should make an interesting playstyle although It seems like it'd needs more to compete on the AoE front. You used to be able to build a pretty tanky melee DH but it was the most boring and inefficient playstyle I ever tried. 3.4 will be interesting to see how they rework the other mentioned sets.

As for the Furnace, yeah, I can see your point. I built a Shenlong Monk and used the Flying Dragon Daibo since APS scales so well with it and Uliana's set. For WD, Going Carnevil with a Dagger of Darts and a Starmetal would be pretty insane.

Meanwhile, I found a F+R with absolutely awful rolls (neither with cc/chd together) this morning and yet my UE DH is getting crits in the area of 1 - 3 billion depending on whether or not Convention of Elements is up for Fire. I'll likely net an extra 10 GR levels and now every ring that drops which isn't a F or R is garbage regardless of how perfect their rolls are.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2015, 15:07.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 9, 2015, 13:42 Wallshadows

They need to break down the importance of set items and several legendaries so they aren't the default option to hold certain slots hostage even when more choice is introduced. Now, instead of there being a single set of mandatory items, there are two and once you have those pieces within a week, it's the exact song and dance as before.

A good place to start would be the removal of The Furnace and Focus + Restraint as well as every legendary item which has a unique feature given orange text (Stone of Jordan's % damage or elite damage and Heart Slaughter's physical damage modifiers for example) to be Cubed.

They could bring back Runewords to shift attention away from the armored six set or gtfo mentality.

3306 Comments. 166 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo