Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3420 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 23, 2015, 10:34 Wallshadows

Little off topic but there's something about those who buy in to EA products and then act surprised that it sucks which feels very rewarding.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 22, 2015, 19:09 Wallshadows

Stormsinger wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 16:06:
LoL is "a real sport" just like sitting on a couch watching TV is "real exercise".

Depends on what you're watching and where your hands are.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 22, 2015, 19:06 Wallshadows

It doesn't help when the baby looked like a turd wrapped in a blanket.

I went through the main campaign. Finished it at level 41 and I'm replaying it because going through with the Brotherhood really made me feel like an asshole. lol

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
2. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2015, 19:23 Wallshadows

The worst offence that I can find with this game is how dreadful the Factions interaction and consequences are and I doubt there is anyway to improve on it even through modding.

Spoiler example rant:

I went primarily Brotherhood and then did some quests for the Railroad to become friendly with them. Imagine how fucking confusing that was when I was running a mission with the Institute and the Synth companion engaged a Vertibird. Even worse was the Battle of Bunker Hill where my Synth companions were engaging the Brotherhood and Railroad while I sat in confusion as to who the enemy is suppose to be in spite of not being targeted because I'm friendly.

Lastly, after several missions here I am sitting in with the council of the Institute in full Brotherhood of Steel patterned armour. While there, I broke in to a quarantined lab to steal serum, hacked their network, made one of their physicists leave, and am helping the rebuilding of Prime.

"I name you as my successor"

What the fuck. They're even like 'lol guys watch out I heard the Brotherhood is snooping around here'. /facepalm

To be fair, shortly after that you can pick between the Institute or Brotherhood but hooooooooooooooly shit are these guys dumb. I almost want to go Brotherhood to ensure that they aren't the future of humanity.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2015, 19:34.

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
4. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 19:06 Wallshadows

There should be an award made specifically for this title.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 11:08 Wallshadows

I still don't understand what niche Steam Machines were suppose to fill.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access Next Month
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access Next Month Nov 18, 2015, 21:58 Wallshadows

I just want to know if Space Hulk - Deathwing has been cancelled or not. The one 40k title I'd like to see more information on and it's locked away in silence.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Nov 18, 2015, 15:10 Wallshadows

Pigeon wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 14:47:
That sounds very unfallout like, actually very unlike Bethesda. Were they secretly bought out by EA or Activision? Honestly I usually the follow good guy try to help everyone path, but I like the option to be bad. If I find a faction annoying sometimes its nice to erase their existence from the game.

I could be wrong but they might be immortal. I know in the case of your companions, they just take a dive and breathe heavy for a few minutes regardless of the damage they take but I don't know if this extends to faction NPCs. I might try it out after creating a save point.

There's a place called Covenant (which has an amazing test to take) where you're actually given the option to help them or lay waste to the town and people when you find out what the deal is. Unfortunately, it really only has an impact on whether or not you want a settlement with or without settlers.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 18, 2015, 13:50 Wallshadows

InBlack wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 12:44:
Choice and consequence was a staple of the previous games. No longer it seems?

It's like a JJ Abrams movie where there are several layers of plot or, in this case, dialogue but only one is fully fleshed out to create an often underwhelming payoff. Like the 5 things video above, you play as a very narrow character who can only go as far as being a jerk because he's the heroic dad looking for his son.

In one case, I introduced myself to the Railroad because I wanted to fill out my quest log but, once you meet them, you HAVE to join them regardless of the dialogue options in order to finish that chain. You can say no but it really means 'not now'. Being a member of the Brotherhood and even being acknowledged by a Railroader (?) as a member should have given me an option to tell them to piss off with their 'Free Synths' ways or eat a lead salad.

I mean, I could have just untracked the quest chain at that point but that's the poor man's way of saying no.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 18, 2015, 11:41 Wallshadows

That dialogue mod could come in handy because the choices you are given are often far too vague. Not like it matters though, most boil down to a yes/no question.  

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Drivers
7. Re: AMD Catalyst Beta Drivers Nov 17, 2015, 14:09 Wallshadows

Performance seems to be fairly noticeable. I used to chug a little in cities so I had to crank my settings down to medium across the board with Godrays to low while using the Enhanced Wasteland mod.

Now, I'm playing around with the settings and have several on high, increased the distance by a notch on each setting and the city runs flawless so I might be able to gain a few more high/ultras settings on a R9 280 // FX-6300 @ 4.4. Hell, maybe I can actually play under the ultra auto-detection!

Except textures. Textures can stay to medium because there's no god damn difference in look unless you go over the game with a microscope.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Drivers
4. Re: AMD Catalyst Beta Drivers Nov 17, 2015, 12:38 Wallshadows

WaltC wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 11:43:
These drivers are for Windows 10, as well. (Not just Win7/8.1 as title suggests.)

Edit: WOW I really need to stop commenting first.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 10:28 Wallshadows

Noooooooooooope.  

News Comments > WoW 11th Anniversary
7. Re: WoW 11th Anniversary Nov 17, 2015, 08:43 Wallshadows

Rhett wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 23:52:

Selfies were considered a content patch. I think that says enough...

Touché!

News Comments > WoW 11th Anniversary
2. Re: WoW 11th Anniversary Nov 16, 2015, 20:48 Wallshadows

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 20:44:
Not one of the goodies is permanent, which is disappointing. Especially when last year's had a rebuilt raid, a mount and a pet.

That was for the ten year anniversary though, a fairly important milestone in the MMO and gaming in general. Still sucks that they are limited though and I can't believe they are fanning the flames of Thunderfury trade shitspam.

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
2. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 16, 2015, 20:42 Wallshadows

Edit: Should read article first.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 16, 2015, 15:16 Wallshadows

I'm not even going to touch that WAB link.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2015, 19:19 Wallshadows

What's the projected date for one billion views? I have to know so I can get the glitter and horns.  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 13, 2015, 17:24 Wallshadows

Actually, lowering the quality on several settings really doesn't have much of a visual impact, especially on textures. Even with some low options thrown in, it really doesn't look that much different aside from a shorter draw distance but runs a lot smoother.

I also used ReShade to forced TAA with sharpening so generally an all-around good place for me until drivers are out the door.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 13, 2015, 16:04 Wallshadows

Now the Fallout 4 system requirements make sense. It's funny because the auto detection flags me for Ultra but here I am continuously tweaking the settings down to medium trying to find a setup which doesn't suck in and around cities.

AMD really needs to adopt a proactive driver delivery system rather than being reactive to new titles. Here's to even hoping any new driver will provide a decent performance boost.

3420 Comments. 171 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo