Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3984 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2019, 12:04 Wallshadows

It's so good.

The best part is hanging out on the lower floor of the Police lobby. Got chill music going and was more or less a safe space to go afk in the original and write on the foru...

thump thump thump THUMP

Mr. X opens the door.

(_)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro Exodus Specs
1. Re: Metro Exodus Specs Jan 26, 2019, 16:47 Wallshadows

I put my current rig together less than a year ago hoping I could exceed the recommended specs but it was apparently an exercise in futility since I'll be lucky to hit that for 1440p.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans
13. Re: Fallout 76 Survival Mode Plans Jan 25, 2019, 16:06 Wallshadows

What's the point of leveling scaling if you don't have the perks or the weapons though? Someone who is actually level 75 with a TSE weapon is going to pose a monumental threat to a scaled up level 4 player who is fresh in to the forest subzone with their shit pipe revolver and 11 bullets.

Even with players marked on the map it's going to nullify everything except long-range grieving and that still doesn't take nukes in to question.

This is like willingly putting a stick through your front spokes while riding a bike.

News Comments > RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2 Released
10. Re: RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2 Released Jan 25, 2019, 15:58 Wallshadows

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 25, 2019, 15:07:
A bit high for recycled plot/chars, using a newer engine that they already have used in other games.

Don't be fooled, this isn't your average remake or even REmake which changed up and added several new things. There's a lot changed and added under the hood which further explores the story while maintaining the spirit of RE2.

You can also find coupons on GMG which take off about 20% depending on what their sale is. I broke a cardinal rule and pre-ordered the deluxe edition (my first DE in a long time mind you) when it was 26% off which brought it back to what us Canadians used to pay for digital copies before shit skyrocketed.

News Comments > Bethesda: Fallout 76 Not Going Free-to-Play
12. Re: Bethesda: Fallout 76 Not Going Free-to-Play Jan 23, 2019, 09:21 Wallshadows

Kxmode wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 22:43:
There's nothing going on here. Some lame website named segmentnext falsely claimed "According to reports, EB Games has pulled new copies of Fallout 76 from its shelves." The thing is if you search for "fallout 76 free-2-play rumors" no one is actually reporting this rumor except segmentnext, and any mentions attributing the source go to their site. It's click-bait nonsense. It's the "people tell lies on the Internet" meme.

Retailers REALLY overestimated the amount of copies that would sell though. You can find photos where it's literally an entire shelf of stacked boxes and barely any copies sell. My local Walmart has about 30 copies when I went in this morning.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 16 Underway
3. Re: Diablo III Season 16 Underway Jan 20, 2019, 17:27 Wallshadows

I'll give it a whirl to fill in the week for the sake of something different. No power leveling, just a classic story grind.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2019, 17:04 Wallshadows

Armengar wrote on Jan 20, 2019, 14:12:
guy makes star wars movie and is surprised when the bits he nicks from other star wars movies are monetised by the copyright owners? well, couldnt see that one coming.

He got permission from Lucasfilm and followed their rules (no monetization, no crowdfunding) in order to use their character but probably didn't do enough research to know that the Imperial March is licensed through Warner/Chappell. His friend didn't rip it off directly for the fan film but he certainly didn't try to make it original either and this isn't the first time we've heard of songwriters/studios suing for the same reason.

Even though Disney stepped up and got him off the hook I wouldn't really say what he did was in the right.

That said Warner/Chappell are a real piece of work though and tried to claim copyright on Happy Birthday as well as claiming copyright on a video which didn't feature the Imperial March among other things so I can't say I'm sympathetic for them.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2019, 16:28 Wallshadows

I've been a good boy and haven't played the RE2 demo but man it's going to be a long week at work thanks to a ringworm outbreak and I might need that little bit of extra to get me through any one of these bad days coming up.  

News Comments > Blizzard Hiring for Unannounced Diablo Game
8. Re: Blizzard Hiring for Unannounced Diablo Game Jan 20, 2019, 16:25 Wallshadows

In order to bring the world of Sanctuary to an even greater number of potential players in the Japanese market we're proud to announce Diablo exclusively for Pachinko.

Don't you guys have gambling addictions?

News Comments > Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed
1. Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 18, 2019, 19:56 Wallshadows

I can't believe I'm about to say this but I actually want microtransactions in this game.

There you have it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 17, 2019, 16:50 Wallshadows

Apparently the Canadian government is run by Nazi-loving Ukrainians although I am sure to some that would be seen as a step up from Trudeau.  

News Comments > Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room
5. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 11:21 Wallshadows

What makes this even worse is that, initially, they had asked those who were able to get in to the room to tell Bethesda how they did it.  

News Comments > EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled?
2. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 15, 2019, 21:00 Wallshadows

Even though we know little more about this game I can't wait to hear about how it was going to be the greatest SW game ever since 1313.  

News Comments > Can You Actually See Ray Tracing?
11. Re: Can You Actually See Ray Tracing? Jan 15, 2019, 13:16 Wallshadows

Seems like a poor choice of game to showcase these features though. In a game where you should always be moving it's counter-intuitive to stop and take a moment to really notice the reflections and lighting.

It's not going to create a Christmas Miracle where both sides stop fighting to look in to a puddle.

Then again it's not like there are options to pick and choose a game to showcase now is there?

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 14, 2019, 20:53 Wallshadows

Was hoping for a substantial hammer be brought down on Shitford but this seems more like a high school slapping match. Still nice to see him get dragged through the mud though.

He surely has earned it.

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo
4. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 17:34 Wallshadows

I've more or less written off the demo regardless of how it's being released. I don't want a light snack then told to wait nearly two weeks for the full meal.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 9, 2019, 09:15 Wallshadows

I can't see Nvidia releasing a neutered Turing series. We already have most of that performance tied in to Pascal cards which are still very popular and without DLSS potential it's a case of "what you see is what you get".

Someone probably just spoofed the BIOS in order to release that result in to the wild. It happens a lot.

Then again I guess it depends on what AMD has to offer with Navi. We'll know more details later today and maybe the rumors alone have Nvidia scrambling for a more budget-oriented line up to be the killing blow to Pascal. If AMD comes out with a $250 GTX 1080 equivalent card that could really shake the tree in the short and long term.

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Demo Friday
3. Re: Resident Evil 2 Demo Friday Jan 8, 2019, 21:54 Wallshadows

As excited about the game as I am and how much I would like to play the demo I want to go in to it as blind as possible. RE2 is my favorite game of all time and I want to do as much as I can to recapture the excitement and uncertainty of the game like it's 1998.

I haven't been this excited about a release in a very long time.

News Comments > Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game
11. Re: Alien: Blackout a Mobile Game Jan 7, 2019, 20:36 Wallshadows

There's something about it that I could see working for mobile if it was an isometric throw-back to something like Fallout but with an emphasis on darkness. Not scary, per say, but tactical thought in order to get from point a to point b.

Then I remember mobile gaming isn't interested in being good. It just wants you to spend $3 for a pack of flairs.

News Comments > G-SYNC Expands to Some FreeSync Monitors
20. Re: G-SYNC Expands to Some FreeSync Monitors Jan 7, 2019, 16:28 Wallshadows

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 15:32:
They can shove their lie of a "blind test" up their ass. Everyone with a clue knows that HardOCP are extreme AMD fanbois and they always do everything in their power to make Intel/nVidia look bad.

Lets not pretend Kyle hasn't been nailed to the cross for being called out as biased towards AMD in the past and not long before that they were called AMD fan boys for participating in the AMD30 event.

Seems to eb and flow over the years.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2019, 16:55.

3984 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo