Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3242 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
26. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 14:22 Wallshadows

Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 13:13:
I think Bethesda should release a PC version of this trailer with all the settings maxed out including 4k (if their engine supports it on PC) running at 60 FPS. Let's get THAT trailer. Rockstar did it.

If I made enough bank to put together a beast of a system on an annual basis then I'd be interested in seeing this engine pushed to its limits. Unfortunately, I have to settle for a modest system which is likely where the bulk of PC gamers sit so seeing it run at max/4k/60fps doesn't really do anything for us scrubby modest folk except sob in the shower.

As for the trailer, they can underperform on purpose by releasing an XBone video and reap the rewards of 'it can only get better' in regards to quality for most of those who will be playing it on PC. It wouldn't hurt them to put out a super max trailer but chances are they can't be bothered from the usual vocal minority of players who have a virtual Napolean Complex and why their GTX 650s don't get 60fps on high.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Item Stores
7. Re: Steam Item Stores Nov 4, 2015, 20:47 Wallshadows

This is the same jackass who was for paid mods on Steam too. Folks, get your pitchforks and torches.  

News Comments > Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes
9. Re: Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes Nov 4, 2015, 17:33 Wallshadows

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 17:30:
they don't support higher resolutions without some other things though.

You get banned if you go online with the screen resolution mod, from what I hear.

News Comments > Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes
1. Re: Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes Nov 4, 2015, 16:59 Wallshadows

I tried to play Diablo 2 not long ago and it ran so bad that it made Path of Exile feel optimized so I welcome this change.  

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
35. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 15:28 Wallshadows

Blackhawk wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 15:19:
The reason for the decline is simple: It is over a decade old. It has gone on far longer than Blizzard anticipated. I remember an interview back in the Wrath of the Lich King days where they mentioned that their plan was to eventually end the game at level 100 after three more expanisons, and that by then they'd have declined enough that it wouldn't be worth it to keep going.

I understand that the age of the product is also another reason why some have turned away from the game. However, Blizzard must believe in their product seeing as how they 'recently' made the claim that it could last another 10 years. That said, I forget whether they made that statement before or after the community realized that Warlords was garbage and they're no strangers to foot-in-mouth syndrome.

shihonage wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 14:31:
Nostalrius PVE (just opened) also has thousands, but likely will be less prolific.

From what I heard, they have working scripts for boss encounters which is a huge deal when it comes to private servers aside from stability.

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
17. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 12:25 Wallshadows

Quboid wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 09:55:
Developers do know what players want more than players do. Players are idiots who fall for things like anecdotes, confirmation bias and tribalism. Devs should listen to players and consider what's said but ultimately the developer has to have the overall vision.

Reminds me of this Crendor video.

But really, the only thing that could kill Warcraft is Blizzard and they've been doing a pretty good job of it for the past few expansions. Just a little list off the top of my head:

- They turned Azeroth in to a sterile, boring environment when Cataclysm hit and ran with it
- They kept trying to reinvent the wheel with their talent tree...
- ...and when they ran that in to the ground, they fuck up class balance even more
- Classes lost their identity due to pruning and homogenization
- Their dismissive behaviour towards feedback (especially beta/balance)
- Taking until Legion to essentially split the talent tree for PvE and PvP
- Destroyed any sense of community and accountability
- Slow content delivery
- Take a drink when they say they lack the resources in order to create QOL improvements or content
- Having 'Celestalon' and Holinka in charge of something more than delivering mail
- Crafting becoming more and more of a joke
- Mindless story development in such a rich universe of stories

The bottom line is that they've streamlined the game to such a degree that it feels like you need to wear a helmet and water wings when you log in.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2015, 13:06.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 1, 2015, 14:20 Wallshadows

I have a couple options to pass the time. The first being the new five week league in Path of Exile which starts tomorrow and the other being to continue TOR and cap off those stories.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
26. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Nov 1, 2015, 10:06 Wallshadows

Mac is awful because he's too much of a professional victim. Rather than provide a balanced overview of most games, he dwells on the poor aspects of the game while going full retard with his bell. The Vermintide review is especially awful because he trashes it for the entire duration about how it crashes on his PC and how it's a ripoff of L4D then waves his hand calling it OK with nothing to explain why or how it's OK and then gets pissed off when people call him out on his videos.

His shtick of being an emotional man-child only works on games which are truly awful like those Simulator titles he reviewed some time ago.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Oct 31, 2015, 13:26 Wallshadows

You might say it's a bit overkill.  

News Comments > EA Financials
6. Re: EA Financials Oct 30, 2015, 09:42 Wallshadows

Started playing TOR again, if anything to just finish off some of the stories I neglected when I first played. I thought I had a good handle that even on a preferred account, many of the features would be locked behind either a cartel or money paywall.

Boy oh boy. I can't even imagine how it would be on a free account.

-You can't get heroic quest rewards,
-You're limited to how many heroic quests/flashpoints/operations/warzones/space battles a week
-You can't mail credits
-You can only have 350k credits max
-Your credits go in to an escrow after 350k and you have to buy to get it transfered
-Two hotbars,
-No titles or legacy name,
-AH limitations
-Only two crewskills

...and so forth. I'm fine with paying for perks which add to the overall package, such as the xp bonus to certain areas of the game and being able to buy a mount at level 1. Thankfully, someone on Reddit did me a solid and gave me a referral link to get a 7 days free subscription and a referral code to get a speeder at level 1.

With everything unlocked, it's still a very satisfying grind especially when you throw in XP boosts and scaling. I was level 22 on my BH before even getting to Dromuud Kass.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2015, 09:59.

News Comments > Space Engineers Sales Soar
8. Re: Space Engineers Sales Soar Oct 29, 2015, 14:29 Wallshadows

MajorD wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 13:11:
Yeah, it can be a challenge at times, as near by enemy ships will send out drones to attack you and your base, so if you don't get established and/or have turrets up soon enough, it can really set you back. Turrets are also good for the occasional meteor storm.

Either that or they'll hard camp the fuck out of you. I usually find myself cut off from my base when I go out mining because they conveniently park themselves right in between which causes me to either YOLO rush or run out of oxygen.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches Oct 27, 2015, 20:48 Wallshadows

Fuck it, I'll install it and see where the hell my characters went after the great server merge of...some time ago.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released
8. Re: Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released Oct 27, 2015, 20:44 Wallshadows

In my opinion as an expert on air ducts and the inside of lockers, the DLC featured in the season pass was such an incredibly missed opportunity that not having it in no way takes away from the base game and the same can be said even if you do have it.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches Oct 27, 2015, 18:22 Wallshadows

All the hate this game gets aside, the 'Sacrifice' trailer for this is really quite amazing and the videos in general are great. MMO-C has a pretty nice presence in the game which damn near made me pull the trigger on resubscribing but once Monday comes around, I'll be in the new PoE league and that's going to carry me to the 10th and by then....The Old What?

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2015, 18:35.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released
1. Re: Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released Oct 27, 2015, 18:19 Wallshadows

Of course I peed my pants!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 15:35 Wallshadows

Jivaro wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 15:28:
fan boy rant: Lucas's mistake was always the act of making Anakin the "supreme" fighter in the first place. Too soon we had Obiwan acting as if he was frantically trying to keep up with a much more powerful padawan. It dictated an awkward and unbelievable result no matter how their confrontation unfolded. Sure, Anakin is technically more powerful in terms of potential, but if they had maintained Obiwan as a sort of "always one move ahead" sort of cerebral master it would have made Anakins utter defeat more believable and it would have leant itself well to making Anakin's frustrations with the Jedi as a whole more believable if every time he went to do something stupid someone like Obiwan was there to slap him in the face. (metaphorically) Instead he is this emo boy that is frustrated with what he thinks the Jedi will or won't do rather than what they actually will or won't do and it just falls so completely flat on it's face.

or he was mad that he couldn't bang Padme whenever he wanted. I'd be pretty damn upset with the Jedi code too.

As for the prequel movies, they were garbage but seeing Star Wars on the big screen is always worth it for me. I never got to see the original trilogy on the big screen since I wasn't born yet but I got to catch them when they were remastered and since then, it's just an experience I would never pass up.

News Comments > Battleborn Stream Today
1. Re: Battleborn Stream Today Oct 27, 2015, 10:46 Wallshadows

Fuck Shitbox Software.

For what it's worth, the trailer links to the Minecraft trailer.

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Oct 26, 2015, 23:15 Wallshadows

How uPlay affects your experience.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 26, 2015, 21:26 Wallshadows

Pirates of Silicone Valley is as far as I'd go if I ever wanted to watch a biopick involving that turd sandwich.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 26, 2015, 19:42 Wallshadows

The worst god damn part was the late level where you had to steer your horse...also, that tentacle monster....and that knight who would laugh at you while he lit up certain squares on the floor. What a asshole.

The only thing that made me feel better was firing up Scorched Earth and burying my friend in a ton of dirt.

3242 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo