Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3309 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2016, 13:18 Wallshadows

Pigeon wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 13:07:
I noticed some fresh scratches on my car from last night, which I'm none too pleased about, so I imagine pissed off is probably beyond what your bro is feeling. While I enjoy alcohol I hate much of the culture surrounding it; it's unfortunate so many view it as an idol.

He's actually not that upset. He got sold what was essentially a grade above Lemon from Honda as it was constantly breaking down once he took ownership so I joked to him that his burden has finally been put to rest since it's a write-off. The owner of the new car, on the other hand, is likely furious and rightly so.

Living in a fishing community, drunk drivers are about as common as teenage pregnancies and even if you kill someone while doing so, here's six months probation. I'm not even making that part up so unless the owner of the car is a Judge or someone important, nothing substantial will come of it as far as punishment is concerned.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2016, 13:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2016, 12:20 Wallshadows

A dickhead drunk driver totaled my brother's SUV and another brand new car while parked right before midnight, last night, before crashing about a hundred meters down the road.

I'm sure he'll get his wrist slapped real hard though.

Also really bummed out about Trapper.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2015, 21:46 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 20:46:
Vintage Carrie Fisher Bikini Pics are a New Year's Gift to 'Star Wars' Geeks

Don't say I never gave you nothin'.

She has a real purdy mouth.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2015, 13:35 Wallshadows

Yeah, I'm sure he was sad when Disney handed him a cheque for $4 billion dollars. Now he's butthurt that The Force Awakens has gone on to become a box office monster with positive ratings to back it up and all he can do is sit his rich ass down back at the Ranch.

As for Axanar, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they're being sued is because it has more positive feedback than the new Fast and Furious, I mean, Star Trek film has. Maybe Paramount/CBS are scared it'll raise the bar or something...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2015, 12:32 Wallshadows

I think I'll take advantage of this weather and slip in to the local box social to finally see it even though I fucking hate going to the movies because of assholes and/or theur asshole kids.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 29, 2015, 22:17 Wallshadows

When my SSD comes in on god fucking knows when, I'm going to install Windows 10 and I have the laundry list ready to roll when it comes to disabling 'features'.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 21:45 Wallshadows

After that conversation with CS went nowhere, I sent an email expressing my dissatisfaction of the overall service and they basically replied with a binned email acknowledging that they failed to deliver a "convenient and efficient service" while also telling me how awesome Amazon is and how they look forward to seeing me again.

So, fuck them and their Canada Post Prime bullshit. I guess they're in the business of burning bridges for new customers so I had them cancel it and will take my business back to directcanada.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 15:33 Wallshadows

I took your advice, harlock, and got in contact with Amazon about their Prime shipping.

Basically, they put all the blame on the carrier and I can't fault them for that since it's being shipped through Canada fucking Post which is an utter joke built on incompetence. Amazon got the order out fast, as far as processing and packaging, but once it left their warehouse I'm yet again at the mercy of a postal service full of bumbling idiots.

Prime ships through two-day Xpresspost delivery but fuck you we're Canada Post so how does seven or eight days sound?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 29, 2015, 14:56 Wallshadows

TigerDirect is a dinosaur.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2015, 11:12 Wallshadows

We're experiencing our first winter storm. A little late for Christmas day but I'll still take it! This might even be the same system.

It's so purdy.

News Comments > Red5 Misses Payroll
4. Re: Red5 Misses Payroll Dec 28, 2015, 20:22 Wallshadows

Grokk wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 19:30:
Hopefully the staff were at least informed that payroll would be missed, though I don't see why they couldn't be given a partial pay or something at least.

Like what though?
"Here you go, you've earned this doorstop"

News Comments > Red5 Misses Payroll
1. Re: Red5 Misses Payroll Dec 28, 2015, 18:13 Wallshadows

I'm surprised this game survived more than a month outside of beta, let alone years.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2015, 18:19.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2015, 10:37 Wallshadows

He's already taking steps to explain why the movie will be bad.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
13. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 27, 2015, 17:53 Wallshadows

I haven't been keeping up but are we arguing against piracy because it hurts the industry or are we indifferent with it because piracy doesn't hurt the industry?

I need to know how I should feel.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2015, 17:43 Wallshadows

Amazon tricked me. Free Prime trial period for 2-day shipping and I won't be getting my new SSD and mouse mat until Tuesday of next week if their 'delivery date' is accurate.

I paid a lot for this free trial! rabble rabble rabble.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 27, 2015, 17:41 Wallshadows

I bought myself one of those Redragon keyboard and mouse combos from Amazon and am quite happy considering the units they are replacing were likely pushing seven or eight years old.

That's the story about a penny pincher and his hardware.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
4. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 27, 2015, 17:39 Wallshadows

This is a company that can take an afternoon off to make a re-skinned mount, throw it on the store for 25$ and watch it sells like hot cakes so of course anything they make will be highly anticipated.

At this point, they could have Chris Metzen shit in a box and it would be highly-anticipated.

News Comments > Christmas Eve Legal Briefs
1. Re: Christmas Eve Legal Briefs Dec 24, 2015, 12:45 Wallshadows

Hateful Eight was more like Tarantino's older titles which isn't bad because he can make the act of talking pretty interesting especially with his trademark style of violence, excessive excessiveness and Samuel L Jackson. On the other hand, The Revenant was downright beautiful but I don't think this will be what gets Leo his Oscar.

In my opinion (without seeing Star Wars) , Sicario and The Martian are my top two but it'll be a toss up for film of the year although I'm sure some shit arthouse film no one heard about until the month before January will win.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2015, 17:29 Wallshadows

FF:ARR for $4.30 is a damn steal even though it's not a Steam key.  

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
25. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 17:03 Wallshadows

It's not like they refund your purchase by putting that money back in your bank either. Basically turns it in to Steam bucks so they'll eventually make it back anyway.  

3309 Comments. 166 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo