Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3426 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Metro Game Plans?
4. Re: New Metro Game Plans? Nov 9, 2016, 12:43 Wallshadows

Metro 2017  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
62. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 22:58 Wallshadows

Canadian immigration site is down. Stocks are going down too.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2016, 23:04.

54. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 21:39 Wallshadows

Why are states like Florida and Ohio so important? If it's based on electoral votes, wouldn't a state like California, New York, and Texas be more important since they have more or is it because they're historically one way or another and written off?

If Trump lands Florida and Ohio, is that basically his golden ticket?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2016, 11:24 Wallshadows

I accidentally took the photo, edited in text, and uploaded it to Snapchat, your Honor. Honest! I wonder if a Playmate is wealthy or important enough to blame it on Affluenza.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2016, 09:10 Wallshadows

NetHead wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 22:45:
will remake Diablo 1 inside Diablo 3

Instead just go play Diablo Belzebub if you want to re/play Diablo 1. Played it earlier this year and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for the link! I never even heard about this. I know what I am doing today!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 5, 2016, 16:11 Wallshadows

Wait wait wait.... The Darkening of Tristram event is only happening for one month? Holy shit.  

News Comments > More BlizzCon Announcement Details
11. Re: More BlizzCon Announcement Details Nov 5, 2016, 11:49 Wallshadows

descender wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 11:03:
I've played 400+ hours of D3 and the last thing I ever gave a shit about was the setting and surrounding graphics where I was killing things. Are you really spending that time looking at what hallway you are walking down? Why is it so important that the area look different if it makes literally no other difference in gameplay?

I have more than 400 hours on my Barbarian alone so it's not like I am one of those shitters who played it for an hour and am now king bandwagon. A niggling problem I have with Diablo 3 is specifically aimed towards the tile sets. While some look great, they quickly become incredibly repetitive and predictable so having more variety with potentially amazing environments isn't a bad thing.

It just seems like finding something to complain about rather than something the game is actually missing. People played the same 3 D2 maps (baal, meph, cows) over and over and over for a decade. If D3 was "more like D2" as everyone lies to themselves that they desire, then there would only be more bitching about the lack of end game content and blah blah blah.

I attribute this more in regards to gear and character progression than the method of grinding. In Diablo 3, you're given so many options to receive legendary items to the point where you can now get a full set in about a couple hours of hitting level 70. Diablo 2, on the other hand, requires specific builds for specific grinding for items which were much harder to come by which drew out the gearing process and often rewarded you with items which could then be used for trade to progressively move towards the item you want. There's a reason why Diablo 2 is still as popular as it due to a more demanding yet rewarding item hunt.

Do you want fluff, things that add absolutely nothing to the gameplay... or do you want new classes and skills and enemies to kill? One of them is a much better use of Blizzards (and my) time.

If by fluff you mean a way to prolong the life of this game and give players something to do, then yes. Why is it that asking for new content is now a bad thing? I really don't think a new class will solve this issue once the honeymoon phase wears off. Then what?

Also, what is wrong with the rifts? Am I missing something or did it finally make it too obvious that these games are about grinding, and little else?

Rifts would be fine providing Blizzard actually balanced the game around them. As it stands, it's a never ending game of musical chairs with which set is over powered and which are under powered and the Necromancer won't be an exception.

If you're happy with it, that's fine. That is perfectly OKAY and I am glad the game still appeals to you but I simply can't help but feel incredibly disappointed that, to honor the 20th anniversary of this franchise and to breathe life in to the game, we're given a cash pack, two zones, and a remastered D1 in D3. (I am okay with the remastered D1 stuff though).

8. Re: More BlizzCon Announcement Details Nov 5, 2016, 10:11 Wallshadows

MacLeod wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 09:59:
Except that the D1 stuff is coming in an anniversary update, and the Necro pack is something different, and the original article below this one also mentions two new areas playable in adventure mode that will also be coming out.

Two new areas? I'd be excited but then I am reminded about the Ruins of Sescheron and Greyhollow Island which were hyped in similar updates, especially Greyhollow, and in no time they faded in to obscurity because there was nothing else to compliment the content. The only reason you go to Ruins is for the Cube and the odd bounty.

In the end, all roads lead to Rifts and all Rifts lead to imbalance and the same old game we're playing now. They've just found a new way to exploit fans. I suspect the next pack will be a Druid and after that an Assassin with little to no content to show for the game itself.

Maybe they're still holding on to information which will help change or add to the end game grind in a meaningful way. Maybe. I just have a hard time believing they're not completely phoning in game at this point and banking on cash grab fan service to feign interest.

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
25. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 5, 2016, 09:57 Wallshadows

At least with an expansion you can bet on deep system changes and further ironing out QoL issues since it's essentially allowed to do so but all we're getting is a patch and a character pack. This is still Reaper of Souls. This is still the same developer which already has problems in regards to balance and diversity. This is a game which has lost nearly all the senior staff which 'fixed' the game.

They had their opportunity to take the story in to new territories with the Necromancer. Exploring the Priests of Rathma and how they are involved in and directly tied to nearly every thing past and present in order to maintain balance but instead went the easy way out by seeing dollar signs without even having to produce any new content much like the Crusader and Westmarch.

They sacrificed moving forward for the sake of character slots, portraits, banners, sigils and capitalizing on a class fans have wanted since the beginning. It would have made more sense if they turned the Diablo 1 content in to its own release, charged $10, and gave some kind of sense that they didn't completely throw the Diablo 3 community under the bus by releasing all of this non-expansion "content" in a game which desperately needs every bit of content it can get for free.

6. Re: More BlizzCon Announcement Details Nov 5, 2016, 09:55 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 18:12:
Diablo III Restoring the Balance—Necromancer Overview.

Dammit, the Diablo itch is back again!

Don't worry, since it doesn't seem they aren't adding any additional content other than the Diablo 1 HD stuff, you'll remember why the game is bad in no time.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs
2. Re: Dishonored 2 Gold; Specs Nov 1, 2016, 12:27 Wallshadows

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 12:08:
I just made the minimum specs, but once I upgrade to Windows 10 with DirectX 12.0 I should get awesome framerates and terrific colours.

Don't forget to update to the Anniversary Edition ASAP.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
9. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 11:55 Wallshadows

MoonSpook wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 11:43:
I have a large hunch that they're announcing Diablo 4. Admittedly that's based purely on a tweet from the official account the other week that asked what was your favourite part of D3 using the ThrowbackThursday tag - referring to D3 as well and truly in the past, and not a current game. But hey, that's what I'm going with.

I think that's what we're all really hoping for. I'd be surprised if the Diablo 3 team even has enough developers to produce anything significant seeing as how they couldn't even fix some seasonal achievements.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Spotted?
5. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Spotted? Nov 1, 2016, 11:18 Wallshadows

There's already a legit Necromancer model in game too from bounties.

That said, I hope they do go Necromancer route not only because they were my favorite class in Diablo 2 but because their story and lore is greatly interwoven with the Diablo universe and can be used to progress the story without going off the rails.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises
3. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises Oct 31, 2016, 11:16 Wallshadows

Played a fuck ton of the first Delta Force back in the day on dial-up. Was blown away with how open the maps were and how great it looked.

Them voxels!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2016, 14:27 Wallshadows

This guy had to go in to the hospital for a suspicious case of Meningitis-like symptoms. Took me right in to isolation after I described my symptoms to the outpatients nurse and the doc told me he might have to do a Lumbar Puncture which would be his third one in about ten years so he was about as thrilled as I was when he said it. Thankfully, the blood test came back ASAP and it's nothing more than 'some kind of viral infection'. Not a cold or flu, but something. I'm not craving flesh either so there's that.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2016, 09:21 Wallshadows

I had a problem where my head stayed on the chopping block looking up at the tower while the events transpired around me. Just sitting there waiting for death I suppose.

Could have been a mod issue though. I like the alternate start but I find it makes that starting series of events a little clunky before you get to Whiterun.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 28, 2016, 11:48 Wallshadows

"Hacking"  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 27, 2016, 22:13 Wallshadows

The 1050 Ti basically sums up this latest Pascal and Polaris generation. Retail markup and manufacturers adding frilly bullshit to raise the base price which entirety ruins the market they are aimed at.

... but people still buy them up so maybe they're on to something.

News Comments > Through the Woods Released
2. Re: Through the Woods Released Oct 27, 2016, 21:52 Wallshadows

Looks and sounds like a really good game. Curious as to how long it is since it's $20 though.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 27, 2016, 12:27 Wallshadows

Your Zero Punctuation link goes to Mafia 3. Sadly, I cannot seem to find a ZP for BF1.  

3426 Comments. 172 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo