Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3984 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November
1. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November Apr 13, 2019, 15:21 Wallshadows

It's a shame that Visceral had to get canned before EA decided to walk back their ridiculous claim about single-player games. Rubbing salt on the wound since it's also a Star Wars game.

ďAs we kept reviewing the game, it continued to look like a much more linear game [which] people donít like as much today as they did five years ago or ten years ago,Ē Jorgensen said.

Jorgensen went on to say Visceralís Star Wars game was aiming to do big, revolutionary things but ultimately the road map for the project didnít look financially viable for the future, which was why it had to end.

ďIt was an economic decision at the end of the day,Ē Jorgensen concludes.

Seeing as how it's due out in November you have to wonder if this is the very game Visceral was working on which would be even more awful.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 76 Gets Survival Mode Beta
2. Re: Fallout 76 Gets Survival Mode Beta Mar 26, 2019, 20:53 Wallshadows

So basically the finished version.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 22, 2019, 19:49 Wallshadows

Oh no not $43,000!  

News Comments > I.G.I Returning
2. Re: I.G.I Returning Mar 19, 2019, 20:36 Wallshadows

Shit trailer.

Fun games though but someone needs to finally unfuck the NOLF license.

News Comments > Vehicular Battle Royale notmycar Announced
1. Re: Vehicular Battle Royale notmycar Announced Mar 16, 2019, 12:01 Wallshadows

Took developers long enough to remember Twisted Metal and Vigilante 8 were a thing.  

News Comments > L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood
3. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 14, 2019, 20:12 Wallshadows

Our goal is to take all weíve learned and push forward. We know thatís a tall order

It'll be interesting to see how many retail versions and promotions there will be as well as how they handle DLC.

We should start taking bets.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Mar 12, 2019, 09:45 Wallshadows

It only took seven months but now you can finally play an advertised part of the game right after the six month subscription-lock promotion finished.

Paired with a reduction to character services player likely would not have used by 30% with extra emphasis on using them for Kul'Tiran or Zandalari races. Makes tokens look more appealing which charge $5 more than a subscription. Token prices are going up due to increased demand.

Blizzard at their next quarterly says they've made a lot of extra money and begin teasing their next big attraction which'll likely be the Bee mount in order to further weather the BfA storm for their investors.

/tinfoil hat

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Rollout Details
9. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Rollout Details Mar 12, 2019, 09:35 Wallshadows

El Pit wrote on Mar 12, 2019, 03:15:
ActiBlizz could have offered classic WoW on a Guild Wars 2 base - pay once, play forever to make new people interested in WoW. But Greedtick of course does not want this.

Have not touched WoW and never will because of the monthly fees. And with ActiBlizz in trouble but not changing its ways... Well, good luck!

Apples to oranges in this case.

It's still an MMO and even though a source of income through subscriptions is becoming more and more archaic it's what Classic will exclusively rely on in order to maintain the infrastructure while being rolled in to the base subscription of Warcraft. A continuous cost which will require a continuous stream of subscription-based income whereas GW2 was built from the ground up to be a "fremium" game.

So far they've shown a great deal of respect in regards to how they're going to bring back the classic experience so I REALLY doubt we're going to see character services and transactions introduced.

News Comments > "Spiritual Quake Successor" WRATH: Aeon of Ruin Announced
6. Re: Mar 7, 2019, 10:32 Wallshadows

I just don't see the appeal but it seems to be a successful sub-genre so what do I know.  

News Comments > Overkill's The Walking Dead is Dead to Skybound [Update]
3. Re: Overkill's The Walking Dead is Dead to Skybound Feb 27, 2019, 07:41 Wallshadows

What happened?  

News Comments > Path of Exile: Synthesis Announced
5. Re: Path of Exile: Synthesis Announced Feb 19, 2019, 20:59 Wallshadows

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2019, 19:51:
I keep wanting to play this. It's installed and ready to go, but every time I think I'm going to, I look at how much is in this game, and I just feel overwhelmed at the thought of having to learn all of it.

Actually, 3.5 really cleaned up the end game and crafting to be a more streamlined process on top of the changes made along the way to be a little more user friendly. The passive tree is still pretty intimidating and builds can be difficult if you go in fully blind to outside sources which are designed to help new players such as those who recommend new player-friendly builds but it's still a gradual process for the most part and is fairly intuitive when it comes to what does and doesn't work.

The end game isn't just a case of strictly grinding the atlas either. Delve and the syndicate (assuming the syndicate are introduced) start very early and represent a large chunk of the end game components which allows you to familiarize yourself in regards to what you can expect.

If there's a play style you have in mind then just focus on that and the rest of the information will simply come to you as you play. Find a nice clan too as they can be an incredible resource.

News Comments > Metro Exodus Reviews
40. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 08:50 Wallshadows

Checked out a couple of the performance tests and there seem to be some discrepancies in regards to 1440p.

In the TechPowerUp review it shows a GTX 1080 and a 4.8Ghz 8700k achieve 67.5 average FPS on ultra whereas in TweakTown they have a GTX 1080 and a 5ghz 8700k on medium which averages out at 65fps.

Meanwhile, 1440p ultra was tested over at Guru3D and they found that on their GTX 1080 with a 9900K the game averages 45fps... I think?

News Comments > Rumor: Activision Plans Restructuring and Layoffs
11. Re: Rumor: Activision Plans Restructuring and Layoffs Feb 9, 2019, 16:15 Wallshadows

This won't even touch the people who need to be retired. It's great that Activision is feeling the heat but it's not like they'll learn anything. They'll just pad out their golden parachutes and push new ways to exploit the players.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Feb 7, 2019, 19:39 Wallshadows

I wouldn't count on that. PC gamers are rather consistent with voting with their wallet.

Gave me a good chuckle.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 7, 2019, 19:29 Wallshadows

Untie it from their own servers and enabling mod support would be a great start. What's one more Bethesda title modders have to fix.  

News Comments > AMD Radeon VII Reviews
22. Re: AMD Radeon VII Reviews Feb 7, 2019, 15:07 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 13:37:
AMD is far and away the better value always. Right now the cheapest Nvidia 8GB card on Canada Computers is a GTX 1070 $470CDN. Cheapest AMD 8GB card is an RX580 @ $300CDN.

They're falling even lower than that. Right now on Amazon there's a Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8GB for $270. A couple of days ago there was one from XFX for $255.

If any Canadians want chunky deals you should absolutely subscribe to /r/buildapcsales .

News Comments > AMD Radeon VII Reviews
11. Re: AMD Radeon VII Reviews Feb 7, 2019, 12:43 Wallshadows

Kain wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 11:39:
It's TSMC 16nm vs 7nm and somehow 7nm is...way louder and more power hungry.

AMD has a habit of overvolting their cards. The R7 can be undervolted to become more efficient than the 2080.

The R7 also supports DLSS-like upscaling through DirectML.

theglaze wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 12:20:
Vega 64 comes at a $500 MSRP, making the Radeon VII 40% more expensive but it's only 23% faster. Thatís even worse than RTX boards. The only saving grace here is that AMD hasnít tried to sell us on a technology that wonít deliver, while effectively scamming customers with a month long pre-order periodÖ gotta look on the bright side guys.

Ouch

Because it's AMD they can do no wrong.

News Comments > EA's "Difficult Quarter" Financials
16. Re: EA's Feb 6, 2019, 09:20 Wallshadows

Creston wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 09:02:
Never before in the history of mankind has a license been so thoroughly fucking WASTED as when Disney gave you stupid idiots the Star Wars license.

I'd say Warhammer gives it a good run but for the opposite reason. Games Workshop hands out their license to anyone who asks for it and, at best, will see one or two games a year get a positive return stacked against a mountain which don't.

EA may eventually lose the license but I fear Games Workshop will never learn their lesson when it comes to quantity over quality.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 30, 2019, 16:15 Wallshadows

I'd like to see Netflix pick up the rights to Army of Darkness since STARS canned the Ash vs. Evil Dead series but I don't know if AoD is still in a weird place in regards to who owns the rights to it.

I just miss me some Ashy Slashy.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 27, 2019, 16:37 Wallshadows

I vicariously enjoy ST:D through Red Letter Media. Seems like the best way to go about it.  

3984 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo