Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3508 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles
1. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles Jan 10, 2017, 10:08 Wallshadows

They could pay me to get the movie and I still wouldn't.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Drivers
4. Re: New AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Drivers Jan 9, 2017, 20:39 Wallshadows

There's still the ridiculous issue of memory being locked to 150mhz in WattMan if you have a dual monitor setup. Might also be a problem with Afterburner but I need it for the custom fan profile.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2017, 17:41 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 16:24:
Executives being charged? I won't hold my breath waiting to see if they get convicted.

As punishment, he'll have to drive an AMC Gremlin.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2017, 13:03 Wallshadows

Tom Hardy's new series "Taboo" is looking to be one hell of a ride.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jan 9, 2017, 10:50 Wallshadows

Kajetan wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 09:01:
No1? That must be all the folks, who vowed to never buy another CoD game, as long as it comes with a SF setting. Apparantly, old habits die hard ...

Isn't the remastered version of MW still tied to this bunduru? That could maybe account for some of the sales. Maybe.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 8, 2017, 13:46 Wallshadows

MSI has 20 AM4 boards ready to be shipped too. They must be pretty confident in the platform. Also gives a good features rundown.

Source

Flood the market to keep initial availability high and the gouging low is fine in my books.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2017, 13:38 Wallshadows

I can't say that I've ever really been a Bowie fan outside of being the Goblin King. His music has a strangely unique flow and sound to it which doesn't really do anything for me in most cases. It always makes me feel nostalgic to the 80s too even though I barely knew the 80s and his career started in the 60s.

It's all very strange but maybe that strangeness is what made him great.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 8, 2017, 12:35 Wallshadows

Here's the deal. If AMD can sell a 4c/8t processor and board combo for less than what it'll cost for a 6700k ($450+ CAD) while delivering Haswell+ performance as initially expected then that'll spark my interest since I'm still on an i3. I think it'll be possible since you don't have to pay a premium for bullshit like unlocked cores and specific boards but it may require more patience since there will likely be high demand and even higher gouging for some time.

Linus did some coverage from CES for a snippet which gives a rough comparison between the 8c/16t model and a 6900k in BF1 along with streaming. Apparently it's within ~95% of the 6900k without the cpu boost so imagine the price:performance ratio if they throw it out in to the wild with a $500 - $700 price tag along with the trickle-down effect in to their lower-tiered processors in comparison to Intel.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2017, 13:10.

News Comments > World War II Online Coming to Steam
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2017, 12:20 Wallshadows

ShakyJake wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 07:42:
Then again, driving an especially slow tank for over half an hour to get into the action just to be knocked out within a minute of getting into the fight... not so much.

I can appreciate this far more than I can in games like Battlefield 1 where it takes about a half-dozen direct hits from an anti-tank rifle before it stops. God damn horses.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 7, 2017, 23:17 Wallshadows

I would totally buy that smart grill cleaner then realize I forgot to turn the BBQ off.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content
10. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content Jan 6, 2017, 23:09 Wallshadows

Jerykk wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 23:06:
As for the Illumaniti, they played a pivotal in the original DX so I'm guessing Eidos Montreal felt obligated to put them in the new games.

Totally forgot HR and MD are prequels. Whoops.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2017, 23:05 Wallshadows

I don't want to guess so I'll just wait until a #stopclickbait dump goes up on imgur and see if it's there.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content Jan 6, 2017, 22:59 Wallshadows

I legitimately feel bad for those who bought the season pass.

What a trap.

Jerykk wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 22:58:
I think starting and ending the game with Illuminati cutscenes but not really resolving anything with the Illuminati in the actual game is what annoyed people.

I always had a problem with the Illuminati being in the game in the first place. I get that they want to be grounded in "reality" but I just had to roll my eyes when the backbone of the game was built around what is now considered a meme.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Verizonís $73K bill to volunteer fire company has community burning mad Jan 5, 2017, 20:14 Wallshadows

$73k for Verizon is a fraction of what they likely make in a month so it's not like they couldn't just foot the bill especially for something like a fire department.

On the other hand, were those in charge of logistics just assuming Verizon would do this for them? Were they even aware that it would be a problem? If they just packed up shop and moved then it's really on them to know the details of what may or may not be required which could have entirely avoided the issue altogether.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 5, 2017, 19:58 Wallshadows

I just stopped caring. I bit down on the bullet for Battlefield 1 after it was 40% off and I can't say I feel that bad. I'd rather not have any kind of platform running in the background but it's not like it gave my computer electrogonorrhea or cause performance issues either.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2017, 17:25 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 13:42:
Just a french press or an Aeropress? All I've ever used is a french press. Just remember, your optimal brewing time is about 5 minutes. So I always pour my cup that I'm drinking and pour the rest into a thermos style cup to keep hot and from getting anymore bitter.

Just a basic french press. I haven't dabbled around with how hot the water should get as I usually just bring it to a boil then pour it in to the press, give it a stir and leave it for five minutes before plunging and pouring. I ran out of the good stuff so now I'm on my "back of the cupboard" Maxwell House reserve which, quite frankly, leaves a little to be desired with taste whether it's fresh or a couple hours old.

I'll keep a thermos handy though when I restock on some Kicking Horse.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2017, 13:33 Wallshadows

I got a coffee press over the holidays and have been going non-stop with it. I hate to sound like a hipster but it definitely tastes different than just running the coffee through a k-cup single cradle with my own brew.  

News Comments > Alien Covenant VR Experience Plans
9. Re: Alien Covenant VR Experience Plans Jan 4, 2017, 16:04 Wallshadows

I never even knew you could mod it so that was something never on my mind while playing.

Will give another playthrough.

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
10. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 3, 2017, 21:16 Wallshadows

Someday, someone will figure out a way to bring NOLF back too.  

News Comments > Diablo III Anniversary Patch Plans
2. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Patch Plans Jan 3, 2017, 21:12 Wallshadows

I can't help but feel the Warcraft event will be more entertaining.  

3508 Comments. 176 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo