Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3592 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Memorial Day Tech Bits
3. Re: Memorial Day Tech Bits May 29, 2017, 18:31 Wallshadows

Coffee Lake is rumored to be pushing out the door in August if you want to stick with Intel. Unfortunately, it's just another single-digit IPC refinement and much of it is still under wraps save for some leaks.

Might hear some more from Computex though. It's not like August is that far away...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 29, 2017, 08:56 Wallshadows

Always heard of it but never played it. Thinking this'll be my weekend project along with trying Path of Diablo.  

News Comments > Quarantine Released
1. Re: Quarantine Released May 24, 2017, 21:32 Wallshadows

Looks kind of like an almost dumbed-down version of Plaque Inc if I were to guess simply by looking at the map.

On the other hand, Greenland can't shut down their port when someone sneezes if Greenland isn't a part of the game.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
1. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend May 24, 2017, 21:26 Wallshadows

I just spent the better part of a day loading nearly 200 plugins for this since I've decided to do a Survival playthrough.

LOOT is a life saver.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 23, 2017, 22:13 Wallshadows

Bunduru!  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 23, 2017, 09:39 Wallshadows

Who wouldn't pack their life in to a car and go work for Valve if offered a job though.

I mean, unless you actually want to make games I guess...

News Comments > etc.
1. ‘Resident Evil’ Film Series Set for a Reboot… May 22, 2017, 11:36 Wallshadows

Throw as much money as you can at Danny Boyle until he says yes.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2017, 17:22 Wallshadows

If James Cameron really wanted to he could turn the Terminator in to a sci-fi comedy where the character has to build a time machine and send a terminator back to 1984 to terminate the sale of his movie rights for $1.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
27. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 17:57 Wallshadows

The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2017, 14:52:
Wasn't the only port of a Bungie game Halo, and that was done by another company was it not?

I think the only game Bungie ported themselves was Oni and the PC port was actually considered the best version if I am not mistaken even though the game itself was simply "okay" at best. Halo was done by Gearbox and Halo 2/Wars by Microsoft.

I mean, if someone really wants to find something to complain about in regards to Bungie's quality on PC I guess you could reach back to Myth 2 with the legendary uninstall bug but that's about it...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 18, 2017, 16:04 Wallshadows

It's kind of stupid how Gigabyte and Biostar are the only two consumer-grade companies which use a dual BIOS setup in mainstream boards. I almost got a B350 Gaming 3 because of this but figured since I never bricked a board before with the BIOS I could save being soaked $30 because of OMG ARR GEE BEEE and Biostar is, well, Biostar.  

News Comments > Gorescript Next Month; Demo and Trailer Released
4. Re: Gorescript Next Month; Demo and Trailer Released May 17, 2017, 19:04 Wallshadows

That Carmack quote doesn't really sell me on the game. It'd be like getting a quote from Chef Gordon Ramsay about how nice the doors open.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
11. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer May 17, 2017, 18:23 Wallshadows

Hopefully they've learned their lesson about reviews and go in to SoW all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

I'm also hoping this falls better in line within the written universe as a whole rather than a series of discrepancies.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 17, 2017, 16:30 Wallshadows

Got my B350 and R5 1500x set up yesterday and, aside from goofy MSI BIOS, am happy with it seeing as how I'm coming from an i3. Cheaper than if I wanted to get a 7700 or even a 6700 and the motherboard should be fine for the duration of AM4 in case they make decent headway with their on-chip refinements.

The stock heatsink saves me a couple bucks and allows me to hit 4ghz with modest temps but I figure I'll invest in either another downdraft C1/Pallas for the toasty VRMs or just join the AIO scene for the sake of saying I have it under water.

Now to hoard for an upgrade to my 290x.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 15, 2017, 21:13 Wallshadows

That's a spicy meatball!  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 15, 2017, 16:45 Wallshadows

Pigeon wrote on May 15, 2017, 10:02:
He should have been in vent apprising every one of his WoW login status on a minute by minute basis while working through the issue with customer support!!! MINUS 100 DKP! I loved a good raid, but as a raid leader managing the logistics could be a pain in the ass; same with managing personalities, particularly when things weren’t going well.

Unfortunately in our long-standing guild the "personalities" eventually became the officers as well as the GM and once they realized us lowly raiders could form our own group without their stick-in-the-mud fuckery they gquit and moved to a new server to continue jerking each other off.

All it takes is one shitty person who knows how to suck ass at peak proficiency and all the sudden people you've raided with since Karazhan can't even be bothered to interact with the guild.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 14:13 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2017, 13:49:
That police officer is a hero. Getting hit by a car can be a death sentence as some people will run you over again and again if they hit you as it's cheaper to pay for a funeral than lifetime care, per the law in China.

Ground-up Tiger penis medicines cost a lot.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 12:49 Wallshadows

First film I saw with him was Tombstone. It's still easily one of the best films I've ever seen and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like westerns.

Frailty deserved way more attention than it got too for various reasons.

Really shitty.

RoboNerd wrote on May 15, 2017, 12:20:
Bill Paxton, now Curly Bill...dang Sad

Val Kilmer wasn't doing too well either but I hear he's on the mend from oral cancer.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 14, 2017, 13:16 Wallshadows

How was the initial leak even possible? Did an NSA agent forget their USB drive at a Starbucks?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 13, 2017, 12:29 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2017, 03:43:
Thou shalt refer to him as The Donald, Supreme Commander of the United States. Did you not hear? His commanderness hath fired the head of the FBI. THE FBI!

I thought we were jumping right to Emperor of Mankind.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches May 7, 2017, 23:00 Wallshadows

A magical Liopleurodon?  

3592 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo