Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3547 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2016, 19:31 Wallshadows

Ain't that a god damn bummer about Anton Yelchin. Jesus Christ. I wonder how Walter Koenig feels knowing that he's lived longer than his reboot.

From what I heard, he got pinned between his car and his mailbox? If so, this is why you turn your wheels on a slope...

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2016, 19:49.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Jun 19, 2016, 11:38 Wallshadows

Still waiting on a god damn beta key. Even with Preach and FinalBoss going over classes, it's hard to tell what I want to focus on in Legion. While I would love to main either a Fire Mage or Destruction Warlock, I need some kind of feel for it before committing seeing as how nearly all raid testing vids demonstrate just how much melee continues to be more of a liability than an asset to the group.

I made the mistake of having a Warrior be my main for Warlords and dumped the idea about halfway through Heroic Highmaul for a Retribution Paladin. In Legion, it'll be more taxing for class swaps since you have to take your artifact in to consideration which may put you at a disadvantage barring any strings of luck with the lootables and that's something I am hoping to avoid.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2016, 11:49.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2016, 16:02 Wallshadows

Kajetan wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 15:22:
I was talking explicitly about the huge commercial success of the console (!) versions of Oblivion and Skyrim. Way, WAY more units sold than the PC versions. With no mods!

And therefore Bethesda has no need to handle this mod thing well. Therefore Bethesda has no incentive to learn from their mistakes. Because they DO NOT need mods.

Just look at the dev kit for modding FO4. The same buggy, horrible mess, which again (!) needs extra fixes from the community to turn this crap into a usable dev kit. Just a reskin of the old FO3 kit. No effort at all!

Because they do not need mods

OH, I see what you mean! Yeah, the PC market only has small potatoes for sales when it comes to Skyrim and Fallout 4 so, if they really wanted to, they could be huge dicks in regards to modding and would still have a vault full of money to dive in to at the end of the day because of the console market.

They'll likely muscle through these growing pains though and it'll work more in their favor once the dust settles. Like much of what Bethesda produces, they simply released something before going through any kind of quality control or foresight.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2016, 14:34 Wallshadows

DangerDog wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:24:
Along those same lines the battle still wages over the pronunciation of "Gib and Gibbed" from John Carmack and company.

Oh god, now you've done it. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Home Depot sues Visa, MasterCard as PIN battle looms Jun 18, 2016, 14:17 Wallshadows

...Visa and MasterCard, along with groups such as the American Bankers Association, have said that requiring PINs with credit card transactions could cause confusion for consumers.

My favorite part.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2016, 14:10 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 14:06:
So it's Gorge and not Jorge, for George? Um no. Gif is a soft G - jif.

All intelligent and right-thinking people know that. Much like toilet paper is placed properly to underroll and not overroll.

Jif is peanut butter, silly!

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2016, 14:02 Wallshadows

Kajetan wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 13:46:
How else would you explain the constant fuckuppery of Bethesda regarding mods?

Bethesda being oblivious is how I would describe it. Do you think their games retain their value because the stories are great or do you think their games retain their value because of the near astronomical amount of mods which release soon after which drastically improve and expand upon the base game?

The reason why Bethesda doesn't shut the door on modders and continues to happily hand over their development kit is exactly the reason why their games are monstrous hits. Without modders, Bethesda titles would be buried under a mountain of bugs and built on an 'average' game full of missed opportunities.

I wouldn't even be able fathom the outrage if Bethesda came out and said modding is disabled in TES VI. It'd make the paid mods fiasco look like a minor inconvenience.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2016, 14:11.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2016, 13:28 Wallshadows

Gif and Gex are and forever will be with a G.

It's Gex the Gecko not Jex the Gecko, Garren. Get your shit together.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. AMD Wraith Cooler Performance on FX-6350 Black Edition CPU on Neoseeker. Jun 18, 2016, 13:24 Wallshadows

If someone told me almost four years ago that there'd be reviews of new Vishera-based processors in 2016, I would have thought them crazy but here we are. Strap on a new cooler and re-market the shit out of their processors which still get destroyed by a 2500k released in 2011.

Zen sure as hell better not get delayed.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
8. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 13:17 Wallshadows

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 13:12:
Picked a bad week to dump my 401k plan and invest in Steam Machines. /s

You could re-sell them to Iran and Pakistan so they can simulate nuclear launch operations. They probably need to update from their PS2s at this point.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2016, 13:09 Wallshadows

Kajetan wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:55:
Why should they? Business is great, money is rolling in, why do anything more than absolutely necessary? Right now Bethesda can actively SHIT on the modders of their games without any consequences to their core business, which is making sandbox games for console owners. Bethesda does not need mods, they use them only as a cheap marketing tool.

Are you serious?

News Comments > Saturday Patches
1. Re: Saturday Patches Jun 18, 2016, 13:02 Wallshadows

DayZ and stable have no business being mentioned together in the same paragraph let alone the same sentence unless in the sense that when you uninstall it it no longer fucks up.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
6. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 12:59 Wallshadows

It's only a big deal to them now because their own platform had a case of terminal ass cancer and finally had the plug pulled from it. Now that they can rely on someone else to distribute their games, they can think of new and creative ways to punish their customers while under the guise of being respectful to the PC gaming scene.  

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
5. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 10:22 Wallshadows

This is something you say a month after the initial console release. They've missed the board harder than Dinosaurs missed Noah's Ark.  

News Comments > New Battle.net Authenticator
1. Re: New Battle.net Authenticator Jun 16, 2016, 18:39 Wallshadows

I still have the first generation authenticator which was released in TBC. Damn thing is a beast but is starting to show its age and I have to really push hard on that button to give me the code.

Best 6$ I ever spent.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 15, 2016, 13:41 Wallshadows

TWD relies too much on cliff hangers to generate and maintain interest. If they stopped hyper-saturating each episode with commercials and made more episodes with substance rather than filler then they wouldn't need to put all their eggs in one basket.

It works for better shows like Game of Thrones because it's actually engaging from the start right through to a strong finish whereas TWD is a flat boring line which ends with a spike.

It's not as stupid as Fear the Walking Dead though. Season 2 doubled down on the awfulness of the first and I abandoned that ship halfway through the second episode. I could literally feel the cancer forming in my brain while watching it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 14, 2016, 22:27 Wallshadows

Another day, another critical flash exploit.  

News Comments > Battleborn Adding Microtransactions
8. Re: Battleborn Adding Microtransactions Jun 14, 2016, 22:25 Wallshadows

Would you expect anything else from Gearbox?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 14, 2016, 22:23 Wallshadows

Radeon™ RX Series graphics cards set to transform PC gaming this summer by delivering enthusiast class performance and features for gamers at mainstream price points from $100-$300.

Guess we know how much the future RX 480X model will cost since the 8GB version of the 480 will be $229 unless they're taking in to account shitty third part retailers who try and sell you their tri omega cooling 10% overclock models.

News Comments > Warframe Adding Lunaro Mode
1. Re: Warframe Adding Lunaro Mode Jun 14, 2016, 22:16 Wallshadows

Frogdogs win!  

3547 Comments. 178 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo