Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3418 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 22, 2016, 16:09 Wallshadows

I got an honest to god copyright infringement email for downloading Game of Thrones a couple weeks ago. I have HBO but I would download an extra copy for my mother to take home on USB so she's caught up as well.

From what I understand, I can pretty much trash the email without worry but I'll see if I can show her how to use streaming sites with an ad-blocker in place since I don't have On Demand without wrangling a network cable across the house or GO for when she wanders over from time to time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn Double XP Weekend
20. Re: Battleborn Double XP Weekend May 22, 2016, 15:23 Wallshadows

Having not played either, I can say that I hate how bullet spongy Battleborn appears to be from what I saw in the Total Biscuit and Jim Sterling videos. In FPS, I hate nothing more than dialing in a perfect head shot and it moves the bar a little instead of chunking it down to single digit % or even a one-shot kill.

Overwatch looks to be better about that.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 21, 2016, 15:38 Wallshadows

Do we even want a Half Life anymore though?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 20, 2016, 18:45 Wallshadows

I'm sure there is more to it but it seems a little ridiculous that the Vive and Oculus require separate development to the point where games which support one or the other are locked down. It's not like it's a graphics card, processor or API but rather an external device which functions as a fancy monitor with bulky hardware requirements.

Shouldn't there be some kind of VR standard to follow instead of pushing VR in to the market in one hand while locking down and splitting the market in the other?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2016, 17:24 Wallshadows

Pigeon wrote on May 20, 2016, 15:58:
Because multi-boxing still requires a person to issue commands character, while a bot is wholly automated. Somewhat precarious logic IMO, but from another perspective a multi-boxxer must be present "playing" the game, while a botter can have their character running 24/7 without them even needing to be in the same room, city or country as the game.

It's kind of weird. On one hand they define botting as "automation of any action, not just character movement. If a program is pressing keys for you, you're breaking the ToS" but in order for multi-boxing to function you need third party software so that your keystrokes are broadcast across your open clients. I've multi-boxed when I used an RAF on myself for the mount and to power level but never got in to problems so maybe since it's still only one key for one action makes it a non-issue.

Meanwhile, if you use G-Keys on a Logitech keyboard which can perform several keystrokes with one press or timing macros then you can get hit with a ban for botting.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2016, 14:44 Wallshadows

Christmas is right around the corner!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released
4. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 19, 2016, 12:12 Wallshadows

Are there actual choices and consequences though? I remember Fallout 4 was pretty shitty when it came to this. Factions felt all mashed together and relatively inconsequential until you backed one and aside from that, the only real open world choice I was given which had an impact was whether or not I should kill the residents of Covenant. Everything else felt like it was on rails in spite of there being a choice wheel.

As for Fah Hahbah, I'm going to wait and see just how big it really is and how many goodies it brings to the table. Having not purchased the season pass, it's currently $35 on Steam which means it'd have to be a pretty meaty chunk of content to throw money at.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2016, 17:14 Wallshadows

My first computer had a 300a. The dealership we bought it from was shady as hell too because they charged us a fuck ton of money to 'upgrade' our processor but in reality only overclocked it which is likely why we had to bring it in to the shop every other week because it kept crashing. This is also where my hatred of Elite Group began because on top of the constant crashing we had to replace the motherboard three or four times since, in their infinite wisdom, they kept using the same EG boards.

I had a meaty Diamond Viper v550 though. Played Delta Force online with dial-up like a boss when it wasn't in the shop.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2016, 17:26.

News Comments > Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month
5. Re: Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month May 18, 2016, 15:25 Wallshadows

Jivaro wrote on May 18, 2016, 14:02:
MMOs that fail at making you feel like an integral part of the world tend to have a hard time holding my attention. Heck, any game that fails at that would be hard pressed to keep my attention. When I am "just another grunt" there really isn't any reason to care about the character.

I feel the opposite, to be honest. I prefer being rolled in to a group of ambiguous 'adventurers' or 'heroes' who have done good deeds in the past but are more or less background noise within the current world. It fits more in line with an MMO whereas being a Commander in Warlords makes little to no sense since you're not treated as such. Taking orders from those beneath your rank, being sent out on quests to collect hides, playing delivery boy and the countless other players who fill the exact same role removes the feeling you should get when being given such rank and the power it should come with.

Now in Legion, we're literally playing as the chosen one to lead our Class in to battle but not until we kill eight Kobolds, gather ten bear hides, and deliver a message to an Innkeeper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2016, 11:47 Wallshadows

I wonder what AMD will have up their sleeve to counter this. The 1080 is an absolute monster and the 1070 will likely have that price range by the balls.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse May 18, 2016, 09:19 Wallshadows

If you ever want to witness the downfall of humanity in real time, join a Twitch channel with more than 10 viewers and turn on chat.  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Released
15. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Released May 18, 2016, 09:11 Wallshadows

The shooty shooty bang bang gun play is more like guerilla warfare where you mainly focus on ambushes with an emphasis on hit and run as it's fairly unforgiving. I'm sure this alone will turn a lot of people off but I too have heard it being compared to Far Cry.  

News Comments > New AMD Drivers
2. Re: New AMD Drivers May 17, 2016, 12:17 Wallshadows

Would this provide the same benefit for my 280 or are there diminishing returns the further down the totem poll you go?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 16, 2016, 21:11 Wallshadows

Why should I spend a premium on a I5 56324097k when I could just poach a 2500K for far less to blow my AMD rig out of the water? Jesus Christ on a bike.

Where the hell is Zen?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews May 14, 2016, 02:00 Wallshadows

Having J.Allen Brack be the go to guy for this whole debacle is the problem. Guy is a huge prick for the whole 'you think you want it but you don't' and has done nothing but fabricate bullshit answers or deflect discussions about it because it'll somehow bruise his ego.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 13, 2016, 18:40 Wallshadows

That's a lot of marketing for the 8350 dinosaur.  

News Comments > DOOM Released
14. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 11:22 Wallshadows

Yeah, I think it comes to $42 CAD on G2A with their 52% Paypal sale. Not too shabby for a AAA title at launch when the non-sale norm is hitting $80+.  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Cheaters Banned
2. Re: Overwatch Beta Cheaters Banned May 13, 2016, 10:56 Wallshadows

I hope they add these dickheads to some kind of black list which basically revokes any chance they get to receive a beta invite from Blizzard. Better yet, hardware ban them so they can't even use third party keys and ban their friends too with a message saying 'your friend xxxxxxx is a dickhead and got you banned'.

I'm not that interested in Overwatch but the fucking audacity to cheat in any closed testing where invites are limited deserves to be punished in the most extreme way. Scorched earth policy.

News Comments > DOOM Released
1. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 10:21 Wallshadows

For anyone who does get it, please let us know how the single player portion of the game is. I wouldn't buy this for the multi but I might for the campaign...  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Legion Beta Nears
6. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Beta Nears May 12, 2016, 15:09 Wallshadows

Jagacademy wrote on May 12, 2016, 15:06:
Wallshadows wrote on May 12, 2016, 14:59:
If they did an expansion in regards to 'the depths' then you're really asking for what every one has been asking for for ages now with an Azshara/N'zoth expansion that takes place in the South Seas.

Only if they allow Naga to be a playable race.

And Ogres.

3418 Comments. 171 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo