Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3330 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion in August
4. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion This Month Apr 18, 2016, 21:34 Wallshadows

Shok wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 21:15:
I was somewhat looking forward to Legion until I found out it's more of the same WoD mechanics as far as the mini-game with followers on missions, or FACEBOOK as this video says.

Totally ruined my expectations to not have to shuffle followers on missions over and over day after day.

Under no circumstances should you ever watch Heel videos if you want accurate information. That's like getting your news from The National Enquirer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 18, 2016, 12:30 Wallshadows

Is Amazon gated behind really shitty regional dealings though? Like, in Canada, will we get more independent films from India over quality content or will we have content parity with those who subscribe to it from the US which makes us all winners?

That's really all I want to know. I can't get Bob's Burgers anymore from Netflix.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2016, 10:42 Wallshadows

Living in Atlantic Canada means you need to reconsider the weather every ten minutes. Could be nice and sunny and then all the sudden Zeus wants to play a couple rounds of bowling.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Apr 18, 2016, 10:26 Wallshadows

I'd have no issue if they did. It would no doubt attract the private server crowd because they would be playing in an environment which is the authentic vanilla experience without the worry that they'll be shut down at any given time. $15 for peace of mind, fully scripted encounters, no shit lord admins, and a professional network backbone which won't crash several times a day or cause rollbacks is a better deal than many of the alternatives which are left in the wake of Nostalrius which may be next on the chopping block.

The number of servers required is always ambiguous though. Do you want both PvE and PvP? For each region? What about the expansions? What timezone would they occupy?

There's likely no way Blizzard would foot the bill on support staff either. They have enough hatred towards this that I doubt they'd throw even more money towards support so you'd likely be in a 'shit out of luck' scenario if anything were to happen outside of their automated loot retrieval system.

Last but not least, a large part of what made those older titles great were the people I played with and how new and epic it felt which simply cannot be re-captured at this point. Far too many of my friends from back then have quit and raiding no longer feels as exciting as it did.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2016, 10:37.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 15, 2016, 16:03 Wallshadows

How a i5-2500k can tie the best processor AMD has to offer: the game.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 15, 2016, 15:51 Wallshadows

There needs to be some kind of give and take if texting were allowed. For example, allow folks to text with vibrate setting only but allow moviegoers to tell parents who bring their baby or annoying child to get the fuck out when they start acting like annoying shit lords.

News Comments > Ghostbusters Games Announced
21. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 15:47 Wallshadows

Don't worry, in a few years they'll just reboot it again with talking dogs.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2016, 15:07 Wallshadows

Don't forget to think about the children.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
1. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Apr 14, 2016, 21:03 Wallshadows

Another one? Hmm...  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Tease
4. Re: BioShock Infinite Tease Apr 13, 2016, 10:36 Wallshadows

I played through the first two and enjoyed most of my time while doing so. Infinite, on the other hand, didn't really do anything for me but gave me a good chuckle at how racist their floating city is.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 12, 2016, 16:04 Wallshadows

O/T: I wish Steam would create an entirely separate client specifically for Greenlight programs and indie titles to fuck off to. This way I wouldn't have to be bombarded by rogue-like retro voxel-based simulators shitting all over the place.

Do this for Humble Bundle too.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2016, 19:55 Wallshadows

They're also doing a half-assed job at catching unblockers.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2016, 10:08 Wallshadows

I'm honestly surprised to see 7 Days to Die continue to be refined and polished. It might be stuck in the eternal Early Access grind but each new update really improves upon the product and the only thing it's missing at this point is to introduce basic automation.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Content Pack
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 Content Pack Apr 8, 2016, 09:21 Wallshadows

It's even cheaper on GMG. You can stack the 20% discount code on top of the 33% discount.  

News Comments > Hand of Fate 2 Announced
1. Re: Hand of Fate 2 Announced Apr 5, 2016, 21:20 Wallshadows

Deep down I wish this was related to Manos: The Hands of Fate.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers
2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers Apr 5, 2016, 10:53 Wallshadows

Before I can get excited, I need some reviews to tell me how long I should wait before throwing money at it.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month Apr 3, 2016, 15:11 Wallshadows

Task wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 11:45:
Another hilarious thing about that is Tracer cosplayers are doing that same exact pose to poke fun at Blizzard.

I wonder if there will be some form of intense screening and/or repercussions if they do it at Blizzcon during the cosplay competition.

News Comments > Fool Me Once 2016
4. Re: Fool Me Once 2016 Apr 1, 2016, 12:16 Wallshadows

A community of peaceful descendants of the Frostwolf clan, the Frostdoge clan secretly inhabits the snowy expanses of Frostfire Ridge. Its members have transcended their ferocious nature to achieve true enlightenment, aided by the powerful influence of the mysterious—and seemingly worthless—Chunks of Dogestone.

Following the wise and peaceful teachings of the great spirit of the Doge, the members of the Frostdoge clan have long worked to avoid joining the ranks with or fighting against the Iron Horde—but as news of Gul’dan’s Burning Legion invasion spread, they have felt driven to interfere in the hopes of saving their homeworld.

and more!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 11:13 Wallshadows

Grumpy Sod wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 10:29:

Which one is that?

Just the non-premium version of ZenMate so it's about what I should expect. I might give TunnelBear a try and if that's flagged then I'll either end my Netflix sub or find a premium option for a few bucks.

Netflix limited to the Canadian option suuuuuuuuuuucks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 10:00 Wallshadows

I found out that the geo-unblocker I use has been shut down by Netflix.

Sonsabitches.

3330 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo