Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3679 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
18. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Nov 18, 2016, 20:51 Wallshadows

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 19:58:
2) Why do games recently have all the voice work sound like they are standing next to you. Some have been good by making the voice audio get quieter and then it's over a radio (and vice versa). But this isn't one of them.

From what I recall, the simple answer in this case is due to the Terminator armor itself which provides a direct audio feed to so distance wouldn't be an issue. They also don't have the typical voice filter you often hear from those who wear Terminator armor so it's entirely possible that it's all internal radio chatter rather than outward communication unless they're adding that in later.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 12:49 Wallshadows

I turn in to some kind of crazy Druid when critters wander in to my house.

This summer was especially hard on honey bees and there would usually be one or two a day which would flutter inside and just spazz out on the counter top because it was either fatigued or dehydrated so I'd give them sugar water, bring them back out and place them on a flowering shrub.

jdreyer wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 12:46:
I try to do the same for centipedes, but I have to weigh it against the size and the chance of it escaping to some unreachable place. When they're six inches or longer they're damn fast and smart, and they can be under the stove or fridge in an instant only to bite you when you step on them in the middle of the night to take a piss. Then it's a trip to the hospital.

Centipedes and Earwigs are little beyond my level of Druidism but I rarely find them inside so we're all winners.

5. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Nov 18, 2016, 12:25 Wallshadows

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 11:18:
Looks good, although the ammo counts seem so damned low!

What Arch discount are you talking about? I'm showing $33.99 on Steam, for pre-order.

Looks like it was only good for the uk.gamesplanet.com and it went from a 30% discount to 22%.

You can actually pick it up from GMG for 23% off once you log in but I don't know if it comes with the exclusives.

1. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Nov 18, 2016, 10:50 Wallshadows

Looks and sounds good although it seems as though there are some noticeable performance issues which will hopefully be ironed out during the closed beta which starts in two days. I was expecting bigger hordes though but maybe that depends on difficulty and how many are in a game.

Voice acting could have used a little more work though and their little one liners are fairly repetitive but all in all, it seems like a solid experience for $30 with Arch's discount if you're looking for co-op shooty shooty bang bang.

Look forward to closed beta impressions.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 17, 2016, 20:52 Wallshadows

The S340 is such an amazing case. Glad I spent a little extra for it.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Content Next Week
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Content Next Week Nov 16, 2016, 11:48 Wallshadows

I wouldn't mind getting back in to GW2 even though the expansion looks like shit but it'd have to hit that inevitable $10 sale for really get me on board.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2016, 22:53 Wallshadows

I don't understand how they had such great source material to work with and used almost every opportunity to change key parts of the story. Makes me glad they likely won't be touching the story of the Lich King.

Now we have a janky movie story and a fucked up alternate universe story in the game.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2016, 20:05 Wallshadows

All this aside, guess who became a father to 60 fat bottles of hard apple cider?  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2016, 12:14 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 11:07:
I've had the flu exactly once in my life, so I reckon the odds are pretty good.

Herd immunity is a wonderful thing.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2016, 12:28 Wallshadows

I'mg going with the "wait till season is over" approach so I can just do nothing but binge on it like the sloth that I am.  

News Comments > Warframe The War Within Launches
1. Re: Warframe The War Within Launches Nov 12, 2016, 14:47 Wallshadows

Did not know this and here I did a full update of the game just yesterday. Always a fun time to burn through a few missions and one of the few games where grouping doesn't mean being given a noose.  

83. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 19:25 Wallshadows

Pence sure seems like a piece of work though. He'll likely be the one doing most of the work from behind the scenes and that's a hell of a lot more terrifying since it seems he has much more support from fellow Republicans.

I feel as though Trump doesn't believe most of what he says and instead just said it because "oh he says it like it is!" but Pence is a genuine nutbar.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 12:49 Wallshadows

Good thing he shit on his party enough so Congress won't give him an inch. Probably the only time it's good to have a Republican majority.  

News Comments > New Metro Game Plans?
4. Re: New Metro Game Plans? Nov 9, 2016, 12:43 Wallshadows

Metro 2017  

62. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 22:58 Wallshadows

Canadian immigration site is down. Stocks are going down too.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2016, 23:04.

54. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 21:39 Wallshadows

Why are states like Florida and Ohio so important? If it's based on electoral votes, wouldn't a state like California, New York, and Texas be more important since they have more or is it because they're historically one way or another and written off?

If Trump lands Florida and Ohio, is that basically his golden ticket?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2016, 11:24 Wallshadows

I accidentally took the photo, edited in text, and uploaded it to Snapchat, your Honor. Honest! I wonder if a Playmate is wealthy or important enough to blame it on Affluenza.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2016, 09:10 Wallshadows

NetHead wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 22:45:
will remake Diablo 1 inside Diablo 3

Instead just go play Diablo Belzebub if you want to re/play Diablo 1. Played it earlier this year and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for the link! I never even heard about this. I know what I am doing today!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 5, 2016, 16:11 Wallshadows

Wait wait wait.... The Darkening of Tristram event is only happening for one month? Holy shit.  

News Comments > More BlizzCon Announcement Details
11. Re: More BlizzCon Announcement Details Nov 5, 2016, 11:49 Wallshadows

descender wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 11:03:
I've played 400+ hours of D3 and the last thing I ever gave a shit about was the setting and surrounding graphics where I was killing things. Are you really spending that time looking at what hallway you are walking down? Why is it so important that the area look different if it makes literally no other difference in gameplay?

I have more than 400 hours on my Barbarian alone so it's not like I am one of those shitters who played it for an hour and am now king bandwagon. A niggling problem I have with Diablo 3 is specifically aimed towards the tile sets. While some look great, they quickly become incredibly repetitive and predictable so having more variety with potentially amazing environments isn't a bad thing.

It just seems like finding something to complain about rather than something the game is actually missing. People played the same 3 D2 maps (baal, meph, cows) over and over and over for a decade. If D3 was "more like D2" as everyone lies to themselves that they desire, then there would only be more bitching about the lack of end game content and blah blah blah.

I attribute this more in regards to gear and character progression than the method of grinding. In Diablo 3, you're given so many options to receive legendary items to the point where you can now get a full set in about a couple hours of hitting level 70. Diablo 2, on the other hand, requires specific builds for specific grinding for items which were much harder to come by which drew out the gearing process and often rewarded you with items which could then be used for trade to progressively move towards the item you want. There's a reason why Diablo 2 is still as popular as it due to a more demanding yet rewarding item hunt.

Do you want fluff, things that add absolutely nothing to the gameplay... or do you want new classes and skills and enemies to kill? One of them is a much better use of Blizzards (and my) time.

If by fluff you mean a way to prolong the life of this game and give players something to do, then yes. Why is it that asking for new content is now a bad thing? I really don't think a new class will solve this issue once the honeymoon phase wears off. Then what?

Also, what is wrong with the rifts? Am I missing something or did it finally make it too obvious that these games are about grinding, and little else?

Rifts would be fine providing Blizzard actually balanced the game around them. As it stands, it's a never ending game of musical chairs with which set is over powered and which are under powered and the Necromancer won't be an exception.

If you're happy with it, that's fine. That is perfectly OKAY and I am glad the game still appeals to you but I simply can't help but feel incredibly disappointed that, to honor the 20th anniversary of this franchise and to breathe life in to the game, we're given a cash pack, two zones, and a remastered D1 in D3. (I am okay with the remastered D1 stuff though).

3679 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo