Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3305 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced
20. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced May 4, 2016, 09:05 Wallshadows

Sounds like they are taking the best parts of both titles

UNLEASH THE GIANTS
Take control of towering war machines and tip the balance of battle in your favor with the biggest characters in Dawn of War history. Turn the tide with the mighty Imperial Knight (Space Marine), the clattering Gorkanaut (Ork), or the haunting Wraithknight (Eldar).

COLOSSAL BATTLES
Dawn of War is famous for its epic action and those immense clashes are back - but now they're off-the-scale. Wage war with massive armies across violent volcanic terrain or onboard battlecruisers travelling fast through space.

CALL UP YOUR ELITE
Take your battle plans to another level by deploying powerful collectible elite squads, each boasting their own special abilities and bonuses that will help you unlock and develop new attacking strategies to conquer your foes.

DESTRUCTIVE ABILITIES
Cause devastation on the battlefield with powerful super-abilities. Rain down total destruction on your enemies with the Space Marine's Orbital Bombardment, the Eldar's blistering Eldritch Storm or the Ork’s Rokks to counter your unsuspecting rivals.

THREE-FACTION CAMPAIGN
Learn what makes each force formidable through alternating missions. You'll soon come to understand the combat advantages of Space Marines, Orks, and Eldar and the rules of a universe with no heroes or villains… only war.

ONE ARMY TO RULE
Build your own universal army from the very first moment you are matched in a melee. Progress through battle after battle with loyal troops by your side across both challenging campaign missions and dominating multiplayer maps.

A NEW DAWN ONLINE
Your army will wreak havoc in online co-operative mode. Join the multiplayer community and forge new alliances - then turn the tables on your new 'friends' as they become foes in explosive, chaotic and competitive maps.

The trailer caught me off guard as I didn't even know there was a third title being made, let alone far enough along to have a four minute trailer of pure hype at the ready. Opened up steam, saw the DoW3 screencap and got blown away.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2016, 10:52 Wallshadows

There's something about this season of GoT which is different from the rest which I would describe as the pacing. It feels as though there is less emphasis on the journey between events and more put towards getting shit done but maybe that's because all sorts of loose ends from the last season are being tied up.

Either way, this season has come out swinging in the death department which only makes the overall story that more interesting.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2016, 10:41 Wallshadows

Utah has a strict law prohibiting business establishments from serving liquor during acts of nudity and sexual content, and Brewvies is facing a fine of $1000 to $25,000.

Must be shitty when you get fucked by a vague law which was likely written a hundred years ago but wouldn't surprise me if it's new because Utah.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
4. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 10:13 Wallshadows

I can appreciate that they're going in a different direction than their usual copy and paste formula. Modern and slightly in the future shooty shooty bang bang games are as saturated now as WW2 games were fifteen years ago.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 10:59 Wallshadows

I always welcome news from Deathwing so long as it's not news about being shitcanned which seemed like the case for a while. I strongly prefer the 40k universe over the fantasy setting and Vermintide, while good, could have been a hell of a lot better if they didn't focus entirely on the boring Skaven.

I won't even care if this game is essentially Vermintide in space.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2016, 11:06.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 26, 2016, 21:26 Wallshadows

That Aliens Collection really made me sad when I clicked on it.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
30. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 14:59 Wallshadows

I don't know if Mark Kern really has enough pull to appease Mike Morhaime even with all those signatures. It has been a long time since he was a part of Blizzard and he hasn't been doing himself any favors lately either by bringing Red 5 and Firefall to the brink of destruction before being kicked out for sheer incompetence.

I wouldn't be surprised if he sees it as a potential job offer to lead a legacy project which is why he is pushing so hard for it but I'm not sure the gaming world wants anything to do with him now. He's 12 years too late to cash in on his work.

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
9. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:19 Wallshadows

Pristine doesn't really do anything for those who want legacy. It's another avenue to explore which will appeal to some until they realize it's not for everyone, the population dips and the old issues of group finding returns.

For Legacy to work, it needs to be restricted to a specific version rather than reverse engineering the current client. You can't go back to Vanilla with the new talent tree, buffs, nerfs, and changes made along the way which will ultimately still be left in Pristine.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Rewards
6. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Rewards Apr 25, 2016, 22:35 Wallshadows

PHJF wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 20:18:
Don't know why you're under the impression they'd be adding substantial content for free...

This last season, for better or worse, had a lot of things which made it different from any of the previous seasons. Definitely not on the scale of an expansion, but a chunky patch and it's not the first time it has happened.

This will be the second or third season where nearly nothing changes from one to the next with the exception of some set tuning and the cosmetic fluff may not be enough to bring back those who are already burned out on what is basically an extension of the previous season.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Ad-blocker blocking websites face legal peril at hands of privacy bods. Apr 23, 2016, 16:51 Wallshadows

I wish those fucking sites would get the boots put to them in more than the EU.  

News Comments > New Borderlands Confirmed
1. Re: New Borderlands Confirmed Apr 22, 2016, 20:10 Wallshadows

I didn't play much of the first Borderlands so I don't know how it stacked up to the second title in regards to the writing quality of Mikey Neumann but Anthony Burch really made the second title an amazing treat.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2016, 20:15.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2016, 14:42 Wallshadows

Creston wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 13:24:
What do you mean?

This is more tinfoil hat territory in regards to putting a high-profile titles behind a Prime wall.

The buyer will claim that they received an empty box and Amazon will either reimburse you for it or send an additional copy with little to no investigation since they're more interested in protecting the customer. I had a real dick head friend who bought a GTX 970 off Amazon, pulled this shit, and had another one sent to him with barely any issues or questioning.

The Prime price may be used as a method to off-set or minimize the costs of such scams since high-profile titles sell like hot cakes while being 'cheap' enough to appeal to a larger audience of scammers.

Like I said, this is likely more of a tinfoil hat thought.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2016, 13:14 Wallshadows

I wonder if it has anything to do with empty box scams.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 22, 2016, 09:46 Wallshadows

Here you have these great projects like StarCraft, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, and then you're sitting on the smoking pile of a cancelled project.

Kaplan confirms Diablo 3 as "not great"! But really, it would have been nice to read what they failed at horrifically and more information about Titan than just throwing everyone under the bus and turn it in to an ad for Overwatch.

E: You guys beat me to this punch.

News Comments > Dropzone Announced
2. Re: Dropzone Announced Apr 19, 2016, 16:31 Wallshadows

Sooooooooo..... it's a dressed up MOBA?  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion in August
4. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion This Month Apr 18, 2016, 21:34 Wallshadows

Shok wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 21:15:
I was somewhat looking forward to Legion until I found out it's more of the same WoD mechanics as far as the mini-game with followers on missions, or FACEBOOK as this video says.

Totally ruined my expectations to not have to shuffle followers on missions over and over day after day.

Under no circumstances should you ever watch Heel videos if you want accurate information. That's like getting your news from The National Enquirer.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 18, 2016, 12:30 Wallshadows

Is Amazon gated behind really shitty regional dealings though? Like, in Canada, will we get more independent films from India over quality content or will we have content parity with those who subscribe to it from the US which makes us all winners?

That's really all I want to know. I can't get Bob's Burgers anymore from Netflix.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2016, 10:42 Wallshadows

Living in Atlantic Canada means you need to reconsider the weather every ten minutes. Could be nice and sunny and then all the sudden Zeus wants to play a couple rounds of bowling.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Apr 18, 2016, 10:26 Wallshadows

I'd have no issue if they did. It would no doubt attract the private server crowd because they would be playing in an environment which is the authentic vanilla experience without the worry that they'll be shut down at any given time. $15 for peace of mind, fully scripted encounters, no shit lord admins, and a professional network backbone which won't crash several times a day or cause rollbacks is a better deal than many of the alternatives which are left in the wake of Nostalrius which may be next on the chopping block.

The number of servers required is always ambiguous though. Do you want both PvE and PvP? For each region? What about the expansions? What timezone would they occupy?

There's likely no way Blizzard would foot the bill on support staff either. They have enough hatred towards this that I doubt they'd throw even more money towards support so you'd likely be in a 'shit out of luck' scenario if anything were to happen outside of their automated loot retrieval system.

Last but not least, a large part of what made those older titles great were the people I played with and how new and epic it felt which simply cannot be re-captured at this point. Far too many of my friends from back then have quit and raiding no longer feels as exciting as it did.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2016, 10:37.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 15, 2016, 16:03 Wallshadows

How a i5-2500k can tie the best processor AMD has to offer: the game.  

3305 Comments. 166 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo