Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3604 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
34. Re: On Sale Oct 26, 2016, 09:56 Wallshadows

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 09:54:
Back in the day, you could be the judge of the product value by playing a sample.
What was it called?
A demo... Right?

They died with Electronic Gaming Monthly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
31. Re: Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies Oct 26, 2016, 09:08 Wallshadows

Vio wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 00:26:
Instead of waiting for the review, rather wait for the 75% off discount.

The thing is you can buy the Legendary Edition for 10 - $15 depending on region if you're on PC so nobody on PC should be paying full price. If you know someone who does, tell them to refund ASAP and smack them on the head.

News Comments > Turtle Rock Evolves Past Evolve
5. Re: Turtle Rock Evolves Past Evolve Oct 26, 2016, 09:02 Wallshadows

I am sure they are absolutely devastated by this.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Battlefield 1 Benchmarked- Graphics & CPU Performance - TechSpot. Oct 24, 2016, 10:23 Wallshadows

Curious to know why they used an i3-6100T which is clocked 600 mhz slower than the non-T version. Maybe they didn't want to give the impression that an i3 really isn't shit like most think it is even though it hung in there like a champ in the non-wonky DX11 tests.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 8 Begins
2. Re: Diablo III Season 8 Begins Oct 22, 2016, 12:16 Wallshadows

Calling the Diablo 3 team a skeleton crew is exaggerating. It's probably one guy who is on suicide watch.  

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Trailer
9. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Trailer Oct 22, 2016, 10:48 Wallshadows

dumpy wrote on Oct 22, 2016, 09:48:
Very nice of them to offer this as free for owners of all DLC. I was hesitant to buy Hearthfire, but a sale and the potential for mods to require it convinced me. It is finally paying for itself.

Wow, really? You mean I can spend $15 for the Legendary Edition of the game and I get a free upgrade? That sounds pretty darn neat!

... but what if I already own Skyrim base game and buy a Legendary Edition key? Will it give me the DLC, flag my copy as LE, and everything's fine?

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2016, 10:59.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
10. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 21, 2016, 12:28 Wallshadows

I'll pick it up sometime between now and Christmas in hopes that any bugs, balance issues, and early hacks are ironed out although I know hacks never really stop.

Been real hard not wanting to pull the trigger though even with my fuck everything EA stance. Here's to hoping the rest of Deus Ex and another play through in Fallout 4 will keep me busy until Deathwing comes out and here's to double hoping it doesn't suck. Might even pick up The Old Blood to keep my trigger finger happy.

News Comments > New Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC
4. Re: New Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC Oct 20, 2016, 21:54 Wallshadows

I got a free code from a promotion with my new motherboard so I gave it a go. Something about it really just doesn't do it for me and I have little to no interest in the game at all. I play for a couple hours, scratch my head, and stop.

News Comments > Another Wolfenstein Sequel Hint
8. Re: Another Wolfenstein Sequel Hint Oct 20, 2016, 09:05 Wallshadows

Really liked The New Order but still haven't picked up The Old Blood even though it's usually 8 or 9$ on G2A.  

News Comments > David Brevik Joins Path of Exile
11. Re: David Brevik Joins Path of Exile Oct 19, 2016, 19:46 Wallshadows

Diablo 3 definitely has the best combat out of all three. The animations are nice, your actions feel responsive, and it usually sounds great. Nice and fluid but that's the Blizzard polish with a ton of money behind it.

I never really got in to Grim Dawn though. To me, the combat and movement in that game feels janky and slow even when compared to Path of Exile.

Speaking of which but Path of Exile can be really uninspiring if you go with certain builds either due to sheer repetition or minimal game play whereas others require 90+ points in the skill tree before you'll see the rewards. I personally like Cast on Crit builds if only because they're so chaotic but they require a lot more effort than your typical build.

News Comments > David Brevik Joins Path of Exile
1. Re: David Brevik Joins Path of Exile Oct 19, 2016, 10:06 Wallshadows

Solid acquisition by Grinding Gear Games. Hopefully he'll be more involved in the project as a whole after they launch in China.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 15, 2016, 17:02 Wallshadows

It'd be fun if they were bite-size or canon.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Return to Karazhan Patch This Month
1. Re: World of Warcraft Return to Karazhan Patch This Month Oct 15, 2016, 17:01 Wallshadows

We're forming 5 man teams much in the same way we had two ten-man teams back in TBC and would race and troll each other. It's a blast from the past!  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin
5. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 15:08 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 14:56:
I'm having hard time not grabbing it but given the history of Warhammer games...

It's a little concerning that there isn't more information available when it's going to be released in November. Either they're trying to preserve a secret within the game, it'll be delayed, or are hoping for a golden double rainbow where this blackout hype meets expectations.

Warhammer has been in a pretty good spot lately though as far as quality is concerned. There's still a bunch of shitty shovelware iOS titles but as far as proper titles are concerned, it ain't bad with the exception of Eternal Crusade which seems to suffer from biting off more than it could chew.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin
2. Re: Battlefield 1 Play First Trial on Origin Oct 14, 2016, 14:45 Wallshadows

I think I'll wait until Christmas before buying the game. By then, any near mandatory DLC which will inevitably happen should be on sale and any bugs/hacks which make it in to the game should be long squished.

Hopefully.... maybe....

I'll get Deathwing in November to hold me over.

News Comments > New WoW Game Director
18. Re: New WoW Game Director Oct 14, 2016, 14:22 Wallshadows

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 12:47:
An estimated over 100 million people have played WOW in its lifespan, many of which have never had a chance to see what vanilla was like at its peak. Events like the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj and the original Naxxramas just do not exist. This is part of gaming history that should be preserved.

I can understand and support preserving old content which is no longer accessible but you can't really preserve an event such as The Gates of AQ. It'll open, eventually, and that's a can of worms you simply can't close once the ball is rolling. It'll be nice to do the War of the Shifting Sands even long after the gates open but the actual collecting and subsequent invasion event will come and go which will ultimately ensure that there will always be new players who have not experienced it.

News Comments > etc.
1. Battlefield 1 Pigeon Gameplay trailer - Most Speechless Scene Ever Oct 14, 2016, 12:50 Wallshadows

It's uh, okay, but I don't see what the fuss is about.  

News Comments > Resident Evil Escape Experience in LA Next Week
1. Re: Resident Evil Escape Experience in LA Next Week Oct 14, 2016, 11:28 Wallshadows

Will there be boxes and boxes and boxes of ammunition and require mandatory steroid use?  

News Comments > New WoW Game Director
4. Re: New WoW Game Director Oct 14, 2016, 11:27 Wallshadows

Nostalrius has basically come out with an 'or else' statement in regards to whether or not they'll be mentioned at Blizzcon so that's interesting.

Curious to know where Chilton is going though since it's still within Blizzard. Maybe something to do with Diablo? World of Diablo?

I'd play that.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Diablo III @ BlizzCon 2016. Oct 13, 2016, 22:12 Wallshadows

So important that it gets three whole panels and a 45 minute party to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

So hype.

3604 Comments. 181 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo