Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3330 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews May 31, 2016, 17:32 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on May 31, 2016, 14:32:
Wallshadows wrote on May 31, 2016, 11:24:
So many i7s but only one i5.

Given the choice to test drive and review a Corvette or a Malibu, which would you choose?

I'd crash both in any case.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. May 31, 2016, 12:14 Wallshadows

Kingdom of Heaven was a hell of a lot better because of the DC though.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 31, 2016, 11:24 Wallshadows

So many i7s but only one i5.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 31, 2016, 11:11 Wallshadows

Warcraft seems to be bombing with US critics whereas it's doing fairly well abroad at least as far as video game adaptations go. I don't trust fan reviews for this one though, there are simply far too many people who either love Blizzard because they can do no wrong or have an axe to grind with them so it turns in to a giant dick measuring content of 10/10 and 0/10 reviews based on everything except the film itself.

Definitely had some growing pains thanks to the marketing team though who didn't seem to know what they were trying to advertise in many of the trailers.

News Comments > Memorial Day Tech Bits
1. Re: Memorial Day Tech Bits May 30, 2016, 14:17 Wallshadows

I'm about ready to throw money in to a used 3570k and 1150 board for half the price of a 6600k setup for nearly 90% of the performance. It'll kick the shit out of my FX-6300 and last a hell of a lot longer since it seems processors performance is fairly stagnant yet comfortably ahead for Intel and I can use that extra money to throw in a 1070 or Polaris 10 when they're out.

Zen is still many months away and I don't know if I want to believe their hype or how well their mainstream series will perform comparatively.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2016, 14:26.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2016, 20:23 Wallshadows

I wish they would focus entirely on the Night's Watch and everything north of The Wall. Whenever it turns to Daenerys, I die a little on the inside even though I know it'll involve Varys, Tyrion, and Jorah because I find Emilia Clarke to be such an awful actress who sucks the wind out of my sails of interest especially when she tries to act tough and Arya is only interesting because of the tie-in with The Faceless Men and their Many-Faced God.

Most importantly though, what the fuck happened to Bronn and where can we find him?

News Comments > Goat Simulator: Waste of Space
3. Re: Goat Simulator: Waste of Space May 27, 2016, 13:22 Wallshadows

Mr. Tact wrote on May 27, 2016, 11:24:
I'd love to know how much money they have made on this "franchise."

A fucking lot, I hope.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
13. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 13:26 Wallshadows

They forgot to put in the gameplay AMIRITE FELLAS?  

News Comments > PES 2017 This Fall
1. Re: PES 2017 This Fall May 25, 2016, 17:32 Wallshadows

So the PC market can finally play PES 2016.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update
4. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Conflict Update May 24, 2016, 23:39 Wallshadows

I wish the story took place sooner in time rather than being dropped in after shit had already hit the fan.  

News Comments > Overwatch Launches
1. Re: Overwatch Launches May 23, 2016, 20:25 Wallshadows

I'm not sure why but I still have the option to play the game even though I never bought it. Also, I thought there weren't going to be any microtransactions or was that strictly in regards to heroes and maps?  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 22, 2016, 16:15 Wallshadows

Probably damage control for the shit that's coming in Beyond and they realize the need of an actual Star Trek film to fall back on.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 22, 2016, 16:09 Wallshadows

I got an honest to god copyright infringement email for downloading Game of Thrones a couple weeks ago. I have HBO but I would download an extra copy for my mother to take home on USB so she's caught up as well.

From what I understand, I can pretty much trash the email without worry but I'll see if I can show her how to use streaming sites with an ad-blocker in place since I don't have On Demand without wrangling a network cable across the house or GO for when she wanders over from time to time.

News Comments > Battleborn Double XP Weekend
20. Re: Battleborn Double XP Weekend May 22, 2016, 15:23 Wallshadows

Having not played either, I can say that I hate how bullet spongy Battleborn appears to be from what I saw in the Total Biscuit and Jim Sterling videos. In FPS, I hate nothing more than dialing in a perfect head shot and it moves the bar a little instead of chunking it down to single digit % or even a one-shot kill.

Overwatch looks to be better about that.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 21, 2016, 15:38 Wallshadows

Do we even want a Half Life anymore though?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 20, 2016, 18:45 Wallshadows

I'm sure there is more to it but it seems a little ridiculous that the Vive and Oculus require separate development to the point where games which support one or the other are locked down. It's not like it's a graphics card, processor or API but rather an external device which functions as a fancy monitor with bulky hardware requirements.

Shouldn't there be some kind of VR standard to follow instead of pushing VR in to the market in one hand while locking down and splitting the market in the other?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2016, 17:24 Wallshadows

Pigeon wrote on May 20, 2016, 15:58:
Because multi-boxing still requires a person to issue commands character, while a bot is wholly automated. Somewhat precarious logic IMO, but from another perspective a multi-boxxer must be present "playing" the game, while a botter can have their character running 24/7 without them even needing to be in the same room, city or country as the game.

It's kind of weird. On one hand they define botting as "automation of any action, not just character movement. If a program is pressing keys for you, you're breaking the ToS" but in order for multi-boxing to function you need third party software so that your keystrokes are broadcast across your open clients. I've multi-boxed when I used an RAF on myself for the mount and to power level but never got in to problems so maybe since it's still only one key for one action makes it a non-issue.

Meanwhile, if you use G-Keys on a Logitech keyboard which can perform several keystrokes with one press or timing macros then you can get hit with a ban for botting.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2016, 14:44 Wallshadows

Christmas is right around the corner!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released
4. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 19, 2016, 12:12 Wallshadows

Are there actual choices and consequences though? I remember Fallout 4 was pretty shitty when it came to this. Factions felt all mashed together and relatively inconsequential until you backed one and aside from that, the only real open world choice I was given which had an impact was whether or not I should kill the residents of Covenant. Everything else felt like it was on rails in spite of there being a choice wheel.

As for Fah Hahbah, I'm going to wait and see just how big it really is and how many goodies it brings to the table. Having not purchased the season pass, it's currently $35 on Steam which means it'd have to be a pretty meaty chunk of content to throw money at.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2016, 17:14 Wallshadows

My first computer had a 300a. The dealership we bought it from was shady as hell too because they charged us a fuck ton of money to 'upgrade' our processor but in reality only overclocked it which is likely why we had to bring it in to the shop every other week because it kept crashing. This is also where my hatred of Elite Group began because on top of the constant crashing we had to replace the motherboard three or four times since, in their infinite wisdom, they kept using the same EG boards.

I had a meaty Diamond Viper v550 though. Played Delta Force online with dial-up like a boss when it wasn't in the shop.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2016, 17:26.

3330 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo