Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3843 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing
11. Re: Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing Sep 7, 2018, 16:26 Wallshadows

Was one of the more interesting games to level in but once you hit end game the tires completely came off because "hardcore". The Shiphand Space Madness will be how I remember this game.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2018, 15:59 Wallshadows

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 11:38:
But if you are really craving that authentic movie theater experience just spill some soda on the floor and let it dry until it's nice and sticky.

I really needed this laugh after a long day at work. Thanks.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Aug 30, 2018, 20:52 Wallshadows

In most games which offer an open world concept I'm typically concerned about whether or not there's anything to do but in the case of Metro experiencing the over world was one of the most memorable experiences even if it was just go from point a to point b. The level of detail for a decaying, post-apocalyptic city was amazing.

Day one purchase for me as well.

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Follow-up
3. Re: Tournament Shooting Follow-up Aug 27, 2018, 13:09 Wallshadows

I kind of wonder how the press would treat this if it happened at an event such as Quake Con.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Battle of Azeroth Trailer
1. Re: World of Warcraft Battle of Azeroth Trailer Aug 24, 2018, 19:17 Wallshadows

N'zoth playing her like a cheap fiddle.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 24, 2018, 09:03 Wallshadows

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 03:52:
Are we going to see another 2 years with this generation, not being able to reach even 100 FPS in 4K? That would be horrible.

Makes me wonder what Nvidia will do in regards to 7nm. AMD is already well on their way in spite of the fact that "big navi" likely won't be out till 2020 along with whatever Intel is cooking so maybe that in itself is the answer to their roadmap.

News Comments > New Warframe This Week
1. Re: New Warframe This Week Aug 24, 2018, 08:55 Wallshadows

I still don't know if I love or hate the art style used on the playable characters and especially the Grineer. I don't think I ever will.  

News Comments > Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW
17. Re: Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW Aug 23, 2018, 16:01 Wallshadows

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 15:53:
The Arthas/Lich King story was good?
I almost died in laughter when I learned the reasons why he became so angry.

I'm not saying it was going to win a Pulitzer prize but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it has been in the last several expansions.

14. Re: Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW Aug 23, 2018, 15:45 Wallshadows

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 15:23:
Since when did Blizzard ever have good lore or story?

I'd say Wrath of the Lich King was more or less the end of what felt like an epic adventure built upon genuinely interesting lore. I'd even go so far as to say that it wasn't till Warlords where they went completely bankrupt on creativity and story telling.

But in general I understand where you're coming from. They've more or less front-loaded everything which made the RTS great in to the first couple of expansions and the quality seemed to drop when they had to create stories and lore on the fly. This is probably why they had to bring out Chronicles to clean up the garbage.

7. Re: Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW Aug 23, 2018, 12:29 Wallshadows

Darks wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 12:02:
Pretty low compared to previous addons.

setting a new day-one sales record for the franchise and making it one of the fastest-selling PC games of all-time

Come on dude it's right there.

1. Re: Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW Aug 23, 2018, 10:52 Wallshadows

Allied races and coming off the heels of Legion probably helped a lot.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Video
1. Re: Resident Evil 2 Video Aug 23, 2018, 09:51 Wallshadows

Why is it that numbers appear to be universal but language changes from region to region?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2018, 19:13 Wallshadows

What I'll more than likely do if prices remain insane is trade off my 1080 and throw in some cash on top of it for my friend's 1080 Ti since he builds computers out of used hardware and call it a day.

I wonder how this would have panned out if AMD wasn't a generation behind.

News Comments > NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month
31. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 17:05 Wallshadows

I'm going to wait on benchmarks to even consider dumping money on a 2080 let alone a 2080 Ti. Those are phenomenally high prices for a lot of marketing smoke and mirrors especially when compared to their previous announcement of Pascal in regards to gaming.

MemoryExpress has the 2080 up for something like $1100 but that also includes a laundry list saying prices can change and they're not taking potential border fees or tariffs in to consideration.

Going to just file this under "check back in three months". I can afford it if I enjoyed throwing money in to a hole in the wall but this announcement almost created more questions than answers.

News Comments > Dying Light: Bad Blood Early Access Next Month
2. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Early Access Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 10:57 Wallshadows

It sounds more interesting than your average BR title though. A nice blend of PVP and PVE can go a long way for someone like me. That's why my favorite BG in Warcraft is Alterac Valley even though I'm Horde...  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 19, 2018, 18:51 Wallshadows

Slick wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 17:39:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 17:24:
Hmm, so probably should hold off on picking up that 1070ti...

If the 2070 doesn't float your boat, there's bound to be a shit ton of 1070ti, 1080 and 1080 Ti on the used market in T-minus... oh shit, right now.

Folks seem to think that on the 20th Nvidia is going to slash prices on Pascal cards. I don't know why but it's apparently a big deal even though unconfirmed.

News Comments > The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft
5. Re: The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft Aug 14, 2018, 07:06 Wallshadows

Alamar wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 19:40:
I'm sure it'll be fun when it starts working ; )

Actually the only hitch it had was within the first 10 mins of release and it was more or less queues and a busted interaction with Magni. Since then it's been smooth sailing at least on the US side of things.

They may have actually learned something from the botched pre-event patch.

NKD wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 02:01:
At any rate, this is the first expansion I've not played at launch, and probably won't end up playing at all. Kicked the WoW habit a year or so back.

You'll be back. You just don't know it yet.

News Comments > MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall
1. Re: MONSTER HUNTER WORLD Sales Rise, Reviews Fall Aug 13, 2018, 12:33 Wallshadows

Doesn't MHW use the same concept of FF15 where it renders everything everywhere so it throws your cpu/gpu usage through the roof regardless of setting?

Unless I am mistaken that is.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
3. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 12, 2018, 18:56 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 14:31:
No. No it's not complicated at all. Just have PvE and PvP servers, problem solved. These clowns are trying to reinvent the wheel thinking you can allow PvP in some form by tacking on a mild punishment. Griefers do not care. They'll just keep griefing regardless.

I imagine this asinine system will be scrapped in short order and they'll simply go back to PvE/PvP servers instead. Otherwise it'll cost them a lot of sales.

I think it's less complicated in regards to private servers and more about mods which I am inclined to believe. Modding FO4 is a nightmare once you start plugging in dozens and dozens of mods resulting in any number of stability issues even if you throw it through something like LOOT which may be outside the comfort level of the average user.

Unless they find a way to improve upon Nexus Mod Manager by creating some kind of auto-loader/installer/sorting for what mods the server has so everyone is on the same page when it comes to updating it's going to be a real pain in the ass especially if Bethesda ships out a half-baked game which needs tons of mods to make it feel like a finished product.

Private servers will ultimately fix the PvP/PvE community issues some have.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 5, 2018, 16:31 Wallshadows

TssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  

3843 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo