Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3331 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 14, 2016, 22:27 Wallshadows

Another day, another critical flash exploit.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battleborn Adding Microtransactions
8. Re: Battleborn Adding Microtransactions Jun 14, 2016, 22:25 Wallshadows

Would you expect anything else from Gearbox?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 14, 2016, 22:23 Wallshadows

Radeon™ RX Series graphics cards set to transform PC gaming this summer by delivering enthusiast class performance and features for gamers at mainstream price points from $100-$300.

Guess we know how much the future RX 480X model will cost since the 8GB version of the 480 will be $229 unless they're taking in to account shitty third part retailers who try and sell you their tri omega cooling 10% overclock models.

News Comments > Warframe Adding Lunaro Mode
1. Re: Warframe Adding Lunaro Mode Jun 14, 2016, 22:16 Wallshadows

Frogdogs win!  

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced
5. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced Jun 14, 2016, 13:53 Wallshadows

There's a Jimpression video now.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced
3. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Announced Jun 14, 2016, 11:26 Wallshadows

Cautiously optimistic since it's taking a step back from the model they've been pushing since 4 which focused too much on action. If this turns out to be Alien: Isolation Resident Evil edition, I am totally on board with this and if anyone on here is a PSP subscriber with a PS4, please provide an impression of the demo.

Hopefully we'll get more information on the RE2master in the near future as well. Could be a good year for RE fans.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2016, 11:39.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
8. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 11:31 Wallshadows

I didn't like the first one.

News Comments > Prey Announced
14. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 11:30 Wallshadows

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:27:

That was the intro to Batman Arkham Knight

Really? Here I am just writing this all willy nilly when I should be asking for sacks of cash for my story telling skills.

News Comments > Quake Champions Announced
12. Re: Quake Champions Announced Jun 13, 2016, 11:18 Wallshadows

If they do it right they don't have to build and market it towards esports. It'll simply be.  

News Comments > Prey Announced
12. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 11:16 Wallshadows

This guy is tripping balls. The end cut scene will probably have him surrounded by dead humans in a cafe because he thinks they are bugs.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2016, 10:58 Wallshadows

What big thing did Bethesda have up their sleeve? That Fallout 4 works on my system now?

Edit: That DLC looks a lot better than the two before Far Harbor though. It always bothers me when you're given the ability to build but have little to no automation which is why Seven Days to Die doesn't get much playtime from me. The Vault stuff looks pretty nice too so hopefully either I or they can help with the stability issues me and many others have although it might just be a corrupt save file but I haven't had the heart to test it. My saves totaled about 800MB so I removed a bunch of them...

As for Skyrim HD... seems like they could have done something more with TES side of things rather than rebadge a title which has held up fairly well.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2016, 11:27.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trailer
11. Re: Battlefield 1 Trailer Jun 12, 2016, 20:07 Wallshadows

Needs more gameplay in their gameplay.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 11, 2016, 19:30 Wallshadows

I'm having a real hard time trying to decide what I want to do for an upgrade. It has basically broken down to:

-Building a used Haswell K series that comes damn close to a 6600K even with overclocking and put that load money towards a new graphics card.

-Building a non-k Skylake/H170 for a little more than a Haswell but less than a K/Z170 system and put that little bit of money towards a new graphics card.

-Building a K series/170Z and have to suffer with my R9 280 for a loooong time but have a great foundation for future-ness.

-Wait until at least Q4 for Zen

DDR4 is negligible performance gains and I'm not on the level to enjoy such luxuries as M.2 whatevers or SLI. I just want a nice foundation which will last me for the next 2 - 3 years since it seems processing power has hit some kind of wall. Even a i5-6500 with Turbo Boost is more than enough which is why it's something I am leaning towards especially if I can flash the bios back to a BCLK overclock option on the H170 which would render the 6600K option moot.

It's a damn tough choice.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 10, 2016, 16:22 Wallshadows

Luke wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 14:58:
But your life will still be the same

This is the most depressing thing I have ever read in a while.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2016, 14:37 Wallshadows

Nimh wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 14:06:
When we lived in NY we would catalog our ticks in the freezer by date, just in case something happened and we needed to have tests done.

I thought last season was bad but this one is even worse as far as ticks are concerned. If I catalogued each one I removed from just myself and my two cats then I would need a warehouse. It's not the big ones either, it's those really small bastards which are no larger than the eye of a needle. Thankfully, our local pet shelter hasn't reported any cases of Lyme yet but that usually doesn't last.

I'm glad Revolution can at least prevent it from happening to my outdoor cats but I'm a little less of a stickler when it comes to protection when out in the woods or fishing. It's the god damn Horse flies which almost carry me away that I'm usually more annoyed with.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2016, 12:11 Wallshadows

Lyme disease in Nova Scotia is no joke but the process to rid yourself of it is. If you're unfortunate enough to contract it you then find yourself marveling at the fact that nearly all doctors will either refuse to test you or won't offer you a proper method of treatment if they suspect it. The best thing you can do is cross the boarder in New Brunswick and seek medical assistance in Maine.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 10, 2016, 11:42 Wallshadows

But it's great performance at a great price.  

1. Odd Radeon RX 480 AOTS Benchmark Results Explained - Tech ARP. Jun 9, 2016, 10:31 Wallshadows

This reminds me of the Shadows of Mordor review fiasco which had WB only give out early review copies to those who would follow their guidelines as if the game would suck but then released to critical acclaim.

This information doesn't really sway me from being excited about the card so all that's left are benchmarks to see whether or not it can live up to all this hype which AMD rolled in to the station.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 8, 2016, 23:58 Wallshadows

If you're interested in what critics have to say, clicky. It almost has the production cost covered from international releases with the Asian markets carrying the bulk of ticket sales which should come to the surprise of no one.

It seems to be average at best from the sources I trust which in the realm of video game adaptations ain't that bad. I'm not going to rely on IMDB since even before it was released internationally it was flooded with 10/10 and 0/10 reviews that anybody could submit and RT is purely from a critic standpoint where it's getting destroyed.

Maybe the director's cut will help it feel a lot less like a jumbled, incoherent mess with poor character development which seems to be the main concern by critics and fans alike but that really does nothing to help it now.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2016, 00:19.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2016, 12:36 Wallshadows

Ran it through several more tests with Memtest, one of which took about an hour, and they all passed. Since I am overclocked, I bumped up the voltage by a notch on the CPU just to see if that was causing issue and double checked my RAM voltage which was fine. I'll give it another try later this afternoon.

Might Prime the shit out of it later. If it fails that then it's possible my overclock isn't as stable as I thought or the Creative Engine is really picky.

3331 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo