Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3493 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 11, 2016, 01:00 Wallshadows

it's clear that the developers behind Deus Ex: Mankind Divided have a lot of optimizing to do for Radeons before the game's DirectX 12 mode goes gold in a week and change.

That's pretty god damn hilarious seeing as how AMD and Eidos Montreal were practically in bed with each other during development.

There's something to be said about DX12 titles launched under the Square Enix banner though and I'm more inclined to blame the developer for half-assing it since they're ultimately responsible for implementing DX12.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
13. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 23:17 Wallshadows

I bet Nordic Games will buy a ton of those and sit on them like they do with every other license they scoop up.  

News Comments > Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Launches
5. Re: Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Launches Sep 3, 2016, 01:24 Wallshadows

I always gush over new seasons especially when it's from either an expansion or mini-expansion but I simply cannot put any time in to this at the moment. Right now, Legion has me by the balls since I'm still deciding on a main so I'm partially leveling each one I might like and any time left over is going in to Deus Ex and then any time after that is going to Fallout 4.

I'll find out what the hype is by the time the next PoE expansion hits at this rate.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month
16. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 19:32 Wallshadows

I liked Pritchard right from the get go when they were shit talking each other in the elevator. They seem to be like an old couple constantly bickering but you damn well knew there was some bromance in there waiting to be found.

I am curious as to how much The Missing Link was when it released though. I think it might have been around the same price but I'm going to guess that by the sounds of System Rift, it won't be on the same level which made TML worth the price of admission.

I'll wait till the inevitable sale in a month or two.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Legion Launched
12. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Launched Aug 30, 2016, 17:08 Wallshadows

It probably doesn't help that I am also working on skinning and leatherworking either. Leveled this guy on a new server through Invasions with 1 point in every skill and I'm going out of my way to skin.

I'd probably be at least a level higher if I stopped dicking around but I stand by what I say about experience. It feels more like a grind because there is more emphasis on quests and far less on the fluff. It's not a bad thing it's just different from the previous two expansions where you could literally level off of vendor trash, rare mobs and especially bonus objectives in Warlords..

10. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Launched Aug 30, 2016, 16:48 Wallshadows

Jagacademy wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 16:27:
So much contradictory information in this forum, heh. One guy stating he is halfway done leveling on Day 1, the other complaining that XP is too low and the game is a grind.

It's almost like different people grind at a different speed, yeah? I'd also like to know where it is that I'm complaining in that post by simply saying it feels like a longer grind.

To answer my own question, I think it has to do with mob and treasure experience. Rares and treasures give little to no experience and regular mobs aren't much better. A treasures or rares in Warlords, for example, gave you ~2% experience where now you're lucky if it gives you .2% so it really makes quests carry a lot more weight when even the bonus objectives are significantly reduced.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2016, 16:58.

8. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Launched Aug 30, 2016, 16:11 Wallshadows

The grind feels a lot longer than the previous expansions. Almost feels like the XP rewards are too low but still having a pretty good time on my new Hunter.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2016, 13:25 Wallshadows

I'm not a law kind of person but I'd like a general idea of what to expect in regards to my condition and my place of work. Since getting Lyme, I've been on the receiving end of fevers, splitting head aches, stiff joints, nausea, cold chills and incredibly fatigued with no end in sight to which my employer has rewarded me with more physically-demanding labor on top of extra detailing while full well knowing my situation. Either cannot be bothered to find a replacement or has done such a shit job at employing spares that none are available until they can find one soon™.

It's fucking garbage. I need rest and these anti-biotics are absolutely destroying my guts. If I tell them that this is unreasonable and that I am unable to work because my entire body is going haywire and have a prescription to prove my condition then would they be reasonable and give me time off or is that giving them enough grounds to have me fired or let go?

News Comments > Diablo III Stress Test
3. Re: Diablo III Stress Test Aug 26, 2016, 11:15 Wallshadows

Maybe they're testing to see how much legendary drops it'll take in order to see an upswing in live numbers?  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 24, 2016, 14:12 Wallshadows

i never even noticed them until now.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 09:54 Wallshadows

I was one of those who hit a snag with the end of the Prague scene. The worst part is is that the save point is set to the prelog mission so you have to do the final battle in Dubai and then sit through a long and mostly boring video which is unskippable to see if their suggestions worked.

Fortunately, I just had to put my client in windowed mode and it squeaked by.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
39. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 15:04 Wallshadows

Results are in:

Average: 52.6 FPS
Minimum: 27.5 FPS
Maximum: 61.6 FPS

Settings are on medium/high

i3-6100 @ 4100mhz
290X 4GB
16 GB DDR4-2660
Windows 10

Not too shabby. Could tweak it more for some gains.

33. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 13:40 Wallshadows

Steam forums are usually the battle ground between the worst part of PCMR and console folk when it's a port. Nobody really wins and you might come out of it with brain trauma.  

26. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 13:11 Wallshadows

My unpacking timed out.

I wonder if I can use this excuse when I move.

5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:09 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:06:
Reviews say the gameplay is good, but the ending is bad. But I've also seen folks say it takes 20+ hours to get to the end, so 20 hours of good DX is good for me, even if the ending is subpar.

I haven't read any reviews since I am more or less going in to it blind but is it a rushed story telling kind bad or cliffhanger kind of bad?

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 22, 2016, 18:42 Wallshadows

And here I thought Bethesda was doing a fantastic job at releasing shitty over-priced DLC. Half of that garbage can probably be done with a trainer if you were really desperate to ruin the experience.

I'll just wait for individual sales of the story missions for 5 - 10$ if they're on the level of The Missing Link.

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
25. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 15:44 Wallshadows

Oops. Double post.  

24. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 15:41 Wallshadows

I absolutely love chambered cases where the PSU is separated from the rest of the case but am not big on panel windows so I might have to go to a H440 which is $80 off at Newegg + a 5% promo. NZXT and Phanteks make some great looking cases and are typically in the same ball park in terms of pricing and build quality.  

18. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 13:42 Wallshadows

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 13:30:
Can it handle the massive length of modern GPUs?

I probably shouldn't have called it a shitty case because it has served me incredibly well over the years and is in a class of its own when it comes to silence.

The P182 and possibly the generations which come after it all have exceptional space when it comes to the length of the GPU and the height of the CPU heatsink. The 290x is 293mm long and it still fits even with the drive bay in place. Take it out and you have another six or seven inches of clearance to soak in all that fresh air.

It's definitely something which has spoiled me and left me a little ignorant towards. When shopping for a new case, I always forgot that dimensions matter and some cases simply have to be written off entirely regardless of how nice they are because you're 5mm too high or long.

16. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 13:30 Wallshadows

LittleMe wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 13:23:
What's this going to do for PSU requirements? If someone is using a low power card, will they still be required to get a 500W+ PSU just because PCIe 4 motherboard requires it? That's what it appears to do. Is there a option in the spec to drop to 75w or less?

It shouldn't do anything. It just means that the slot can power up to 300 watts if needed before the card requires extra power through pin connections.

3493 Comments. 175 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo