Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3846 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary Details
7. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary Details Feb 20, 2018, 16:31 Wallshadows

The ascendancy changes will be great. Here's to hoping they bring up some of the more underused characters such as Champion and Deadeye while dialing back the Berserker and Flaskfinder meta.

I can say with certainty that I'll be gunning towards Spectral Shield Throw since that's an ability I've wanted for a very long time.

As for the Bestiary itself, it looks like a more interesting Essence league where you can target a wider range of crafting abilities especially when it comes to white sockets. Whether or not it becomes a chore or remains interesting remains to be seen though. Abyss started strong but wasn't as great as Breach...

Lastly, alpha manticore armor looks awesome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month
12. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month Feb 16, 2018, 16:33 Wallshadows

The patch which finally brings a shield throw ability.

That's enough reason for me to play it... even though I already am...

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: etc., etc. Feb 15, 2018, 19:04 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 09:55:
Never said they were. I just said if Disney was smart that's who'd they go to.

Oh I 10000% agree with you there but it's going to be a shame if/when they dump one shitter simply to get in bed with another.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Next Month
5. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Next Month Feb 15, 2018, 17:12 Wallshadows

My biggest complaint was that the Skaven were the only faction you fought. While they're great and all the lack of race diversity was kind of a bummer but now with the introduction of Chaos that could very well be a big game changer.

Along with anything else they have improved upon, of course.

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Feb 15, 2018, 09:28 Wallshadows

with feelers out to both Activision and Ubisoft to possibly replace EA

If true and these two are being courted then Obsidian and CDPR aren't even on the same planet for consideration.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 15, 2018, 08:37 Wallshadows

Watching people wipe to Flame Leviathan was some real nostalgia and easily the hardest boss in the Timewalking event and made for an entertaining evening. It's not a very rewarding experience though and Algalon isn't even included although I'm sure he'd be a push over especially with those who are decked out with a Timewalking set doing 3x more damage.

We pugged no lights in about 6 pulls.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Adds First-Person Mode
6. Re: The Evil Within 2 Adds First-Person Mode Feb 15, 2018, 08:30 Wallshadows

Is it worth only getting in to TEW 2 or should I start from the first title which seems to have a love it or hate it reputation?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2018, 09:26 Wallshadows

Asmodai wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 02:24:
Ah Germany, fighting against a past as an authoritarian dictatorship by being an authoritarian dictatorship...

Easy there, Winston. The Netherlands, Belgium, France and Sweden are also looking in to this so put your roundel back in the attic just because Germany wants to have a discussion on what is a hot button issue.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update Jan 31, 2018, 11:17 Wallshadows

Yeah. How about dialing down that $65CAD Premium Pass first?

If you could do that, that'd be great.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 31, 2018, 11:14 Wallshadows

I hate it. It's like Uncle Owen telling Luke that Darth Vader is his father before he even asks to go to Tosche station to pick up power converters.  

News Comments > Your Royal Gayness Comes Out
12. Re: Your Royal Gayness Comes Out Jan 30, 2018, 18:04 Wallshadows

Today I fit a whole dill pickle in my mouth.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
19. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 17:03 Wallshadows

The worst part was setting up 100+ mods on a shit slow internet connection. Now that I have fiber I might actually play the game more than installing mods when I give it another go.

This is usually what I use as a baseline.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2018, 15:44 Wallshadows

All you have to do is create a business and directly buy from a company such as Sapphire. Boom. Here are 20,000 units to sell on Craigslist. I'm sure this is more or less the same for any other model.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 28, 2018, 20:05 Wallshadows

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 28, 2018, 17:30:
I hope AMD gets a real boost in sales from all this shit, unfortunately I think the Intel Hype machine has conflated Meltdown with Spectre enough that people don't realize the difference.

If I'm not mistaken AMD saw a hit on their earnings and Intel has pretty much paved over the initial loss. More or less business as usual.

News Comments > Anthem Delayed?
3. Re: Anthem Delayed? Jan 24, 2018, 20:38 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 20:26:
I wonder if Bioware goes under if Anthem flops?

After Andromeda I'm almost willing to say yes.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 System Specs
7. Re: Far Cry 5 System Specs Jan 22, 2018, 21:35 Wallshadows

Ubisoft is a shit company but even I can respect the fact that they're targeting specific settings with their system requirements.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Changes Live
1. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Changes Live Jan 22, 2018, 21:30 Wallshadows

The team at Blizzard really are going out of their way towards micromanaging player activity.  

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive to Require Internet Connection, Offer Microtransactions
4. Re: Metal Gear Survive to Require Internet Connection, Offer Microtransactions Jan 18, 2018, 12:48 Wallshadows

I'll just wait for the Jimquisition on this one.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 8, 2018, 11:10 Wallshadows

Pretty funny/shitty how the Meltdown bug was exposed right before CES for Intel. Might be a tough crowd.  

News Comments > Fortnite Meltdown Fix Breaks Things
11. Re: Fortnite Meltdown Fix Breaks Things Jan 8, 2018, 10:49 Wallshadows

Genesys wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 22:18:
I don't know that a class action suit will go anywhere. Intel's CPUs have had the ability to separate userland and kernel address spaces since Haswell (~2013); you might as well go after Microsoft and Linux for not using that feature as soon as it was available.

It's a hardware issue though which is present in processors as far back as the 45nm Core series and likely in to Tiger Lake. The only way Intel can address it is to physically create a new processor which doesn't have this vulnerability which is why the best they can do is band aid patch it to suffer varying degrees of performance which will likely be targeted in order to expose the exploit.

From what I understand, Intel was made aware of the issue on several occasions over the years that the exploit existed but continued to ignore it which is likely where the class action suits will focus.

3846 Comments. 193 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo