Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3256 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2016, 12:11 Wallshadows

Lyme disease in Nova Scotia is no joke but the process to rid yourself of it is. If you're unfortunate enough to contract it you then find yourself marveling at the fact that nearly all doctors will either refuse to test you or won't offer you a proper method of treatment if they suspect it. The best thing you can do is cross the boarder in New Brunswick and seek medical assistance in Maine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 10, 2016, 11:42 Wallshadows

But it's great performance at a great price.  

1. Odd Radeon RX 480 AOTS Benchmark Results Explained - Tech ARP. Jun 9, 2016, 10:31 Wallshadows

This reminds me of the Shadows of Mordor review fiasco which had WB only give out early review copies to those who would follow their guidelines as if the game would suck but then released to critical acclaim.

This information doesn't really sway me from being excited about the card so all that's left are benchmarks to see whether or not it can live up to all this hype which AMD rolled in to the station.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 8, 2016, 23:58 Wallshadows

If you're interested in what critics have to say, clicky. It almost has the production cost covered from international releases with the Asian markets carrying the bulk of ticket sales which should come to the surprise of no one.

It seems to be average at best from the sources I trust which in the realm of video game adaptations ain't that bad. I'm not going to rely on IMDB since even before it was released internationally it was flooded with 10/10 and 0/10 reviews that anybody could submit and RT is purely from a critic standpoint where it's getting destroyed.

Maybe the director's cut will help it feel a lot less like a jumbled, incoherent mess with poor character development which seems to be the main concern by critics and fans alike but that really does nothing to help it now.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2016, 00:19.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2016, 12:36 Wallshadows

Ran it through several more tests with Memtest, one of which took about an hour, and they all passed. Since I am overclocked, I bumped up the voltage by a notch on the CPU just to see if that was causing issue and double checked my RAM voltage which was fine. I'll give it another try later this afternoon.

Might Prime the shit out of it later. If it fails that then it's possible my overclock isn't as stable as I thought or the Creative Engine is really picky.

4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2016, 10:17 Wallshadows

Dev wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 09:42:
Have you run a memory (RAM) scanner? You might have some bum memory that doesn't screw things up enough to stop other games.

As far as Windows Memory Diagnostic is concerned, the RAM is working fine. I could throw Memtest on to a stick and let that run over night though.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Cheaters to be Perma-Banned
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Cheaters to be Perma-Banned Jun 8, 2016, 09:58 Wallshadows

Do they have a big enough community to spare even the cheaters though?  

2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2016, 09:32 Wallshadows

Fallout 4 OT but I wish I could play more of the game. I am one of the few who cannot play this game for any great amount of time without getting a 'blink and you miss it' crash to desktop without any crash report or error message even when playing with all mods turned off, lowering my settings, and trying the beta 1.5 patch which allegedly improves stability and performance. My GPU and CPU are well within heat tolerance and every other game I play works fine.

It's a total bummer too now that some neat mods are making their way on to Nexus and I would have liked to buy Fah Hahbah when the price drops but looks like it might have to wait until I do a complete rebuild in the fall.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 7, 2016, 18:30 Wallshadows

Here's to hoping some benchmarks aren't too far off. I literally found this before coming here too.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 5, 2016, 14:57 Wallshadows

I could never understand which part of the market Steam Machines were suppose to corner or even compete with. They're essentially locked down PCs in a mATX factor which run off of an OS which relies on good drivers that don't exist which provides worse performance.

You can build your own Steam Machine killer for likely the same or less than what they're charging while inheriting all the benefits of a modern PC.

News Comments > WoW Increasing Draw Distances
5. Re: WoW Increasing Draw Distances Jun 5, 2016, 14:36 Wallshadows

This is one of the small things which I was very pleased to see added in to the game especially considering how amazing the zones look. Even if this is the worst expansion to date, you gotta give credit where credit is due and they really went the extra mile to provide some of the best looking zones in the game as well as their always phenomenal music team.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
1. Re: Path of Exile Patched Jun 4, 2016, 11:32 Wallshadows

Playing my balls off with Frostbolt.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Expands Gender Options
3. Re: The Sims 4 Expands Gender Options Jun 2, 2016, 22:20 Wallshadows

What about those who identify as Fridgekin?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 2, 2016, 12:07 Wallshadows

This game looks interesting as far as Steam Greenlight is concerned. I might vote for it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 2, 2016, 12:05 Wallshadows

I wonder if all these stupid movie adaptations that are in the works would be a thing if The Lego Movie wasn't awesome?  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2016, 11:57 Wallshadows

I like Jake Gyllenhaal and The Division shouldn't be that hard to adapt to film. It's just another somewhat generic post-apocalypse setting unless they try to retard it up like Paul W.S. Anderson does with... well... everything except Event Horizon.

Throw a bunch of money at Alex Garland to write the script and screenplay and you're halfway to a good movie.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 2, 2016, 11:46 Wallshadows

Now that the Prenda Law saga has finished, bring on Theranos!  

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 20:43 Wallshadows

This also makes me very interested in their processor division. If AMD isn't completely bullshitting with their Zen marketing and can do the same thing with a mainstream processor that can capture even Haswell levels of performance for half the price of a 6600k and maintain cheaper motherboards for AM4 then I would be one happy fella come the fall.  

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 15:27 Wallshadows

Slick wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 15:16:

Total War: Warhammer has a DX12 patching coming out soo, and guess what? it will use async compute.

I'm curious about this. Is it the same kind of patching used for Hitman and Tomb Raider or entirely different? I ask because it seems as though the DX12 patches for those two games seem to have introduced entirely new issues which aren't in favor of performance gains but that may just be chalked up to doing a half-assed job.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 1, 2016, 14:39 Wallshadows

Ashes of the Singularity is literally the only game built for DX12 which is why AMD used it for previewing the product since the ball has been in their court as far as DX12 performance is concerned whereas it seems nVidia is still floundering about.

But dat chart doe. The chart is so empty that my ninth grade science teacher would have failed me for the lack of information. This is a 1080 at 1440p on Crazy settings and is pulling almost the same figures as those shown in the chart so perhaps this is the settings they're using as well? What about CX scaling? Is it 100% in DX12 or still ~50% on a good day?

Also:

AMD has confirmed with us that the game is indeed running at the same visual settings in the demo. The variations in visuals seem to be due to the procedural-generated nature of Ashes of the Singularity.

But I am really more interested in DX11 results since that's what 99.999% of the games I play and likely will be playing for a while will use. If it still sits around 390/970 performance then by all means, take my money.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2016, 15:02.

3256 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo