Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3966 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2018, 12:25 Wallshadows

Retired wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 10:54:
1. ninja is the most toxic streamer

Yup. Dude is a fragile man child who has a pretty egregious list of offenses which makes me wonder how he even has a Twitch spon...

Fortnite streamer Ninja reportedly breaks Twitch subscriber record with more than 50,000 subs

...oh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 76 Roadmap
20. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 11:00 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 10:24:
They say the game will be online "forever", which means maybe 5 years at the most before they pull the plug on it, or whenever it becomes unprofitable. Those two issues are deal breakers for me.

Are there other games from Bethesda which can give us an idea towards their commitment of uptime on multiplayer games though? Bethesda makes questionable decisions but I don't get the impression that they'd stoop to EA levels of anti-consumer practices by removing the game entirely by shutting it down especially if most of the critical aspects are client-side where someone could mod in an(un)official offline mode much like what happened in the last SimCity.

That's just me spitballing though.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 8, 2018, 10:13 Wallshadows

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 20:12:
A 2000 dollar phone, how exciting

I can fold my phone for free.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Roadmap
1. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 7, 2018, 20:23 Wallshadows

Push-to-Talk [UPDATED]: While we aim to create a consistent experience no matter what platform you’re on, we understand that some of you on PC would like the option for Push-to-Talk. Our goal with voice chat being on by default is to highlight that the world is alive with real people, other players like you. We like to start with encouraging player interaction and will look into adding this in the future be adding this in the near future.

Yeah. No. I don't even know if these servers are going to be region-specific or not but what I can say is that first joining the game in beta I was met with what sounded like a shouting match between someone who was speaking Russian and another person speaking Spanish so before I even took a step out the Vault I went and disabled voice completely since it's also exclusively an open mic which is double asinine.

Me and my friends will keep to using Discord PTT and we'll just go about our own business.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 7, 2018, 16:25 Wallshadows

Hello, [user]!

Hot local singles are looking for you!

News Comments > Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns
7. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns Nov 6, 2018, 12:05 Wallshadows

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 11:57:
It's nothing like that, PvP seems to be completely optional.

For the most part but there is still room to grief others. Me and my friend were playing and in the first town there was a roaming band of players who were just unloading in to us and while we were in passive mode there's still a little damage which soaks through and they were on us like peanut butter and jelly until we left.

I guess the amount of ammunition required is the deterrent but it still can't stop shitty players being shitty.

Other than that, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the beta. My friend had three keys to give out and since I was on the fence about it I asked for one and it's been interesting to say the least. The lack of human NPCs is jarring and the holo tapes are a little bit to talky talky but overall it had a nice flow to it.

I thought the game would run like supreme shit but I can play on Ultra 1440p and it stays over 80fps. I mean, it still looks like shit in most cases but I figured I'd be tanking in to the 30s.

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 11:57:
Also from what I've seen there is MOB leveling in the game.

I'm not sure if there is... at least not for higher level mobs anyway. I encountered a weird glitch which teleported me from the starter zone to another sub-zone and the mobs were level 25 Mole people whereas I was 5 or 6. The nearby Super Mutants were my level though so I dunno...

News Comments > Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement
3. Re: Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement Nov 5, 2018, 19:24 Wallshadows

Diablo Immortal could have passed the smell test had Blizzard treated it as a companion app much like Bethesda did with Fallout Shelter rather than as a main entry in the series worthy of being the first panel fresh out of the gate on opening day.

If this rumor is true then Blizzard really, really missed the mark completely and hung the developers out to dry. They could have regained control and trust in the crowd had they said "oh, one more thing..." and they slide to an animation of Diablo with four flames spiking through it. That's all.

According to one of the community managers for D3, they're going to release some new information in a few weeks but I can't help but feel it's a rush job of a Druid pack for D3 since that's the quickest turn around to throw out the door. If it is Diablo 4 then, again, why not tease it?

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2018, 10:16 Wallshadows

Right or wrong, he's not really in a position to grill another game studio for questionable decisions. Dude touched Firefall and sent everyone associated with it in to oblivion.

This would mean more if it came from someone like Rob Pardo or the former D2 developers and designers such as David Brevik, Erich Schaefer and Max Schaefer.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
13. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 5, 2018, 09:58 Wallshadows

More or less sums up the reception.  

News Comments > Diablo Mobile Backlash
12. Re: Diablo Mobile Backlash Nov 3, 2018, 16:04 Wallshadows

This seems like a strange hill worth dying on. Blizzard has company now though because it's those darned toxic gamers at it again according to the likes of Forbes.

Then again, all they need are ultra die-hard or ultra casual whales to turn it in to a monetary success in spite of being creatively bankrupt so I can't wait till the sequel, Diablo: Immortaler.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 2, 2018, 18:56 Wallshadows

This is depressing...  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Demo Play Time Limitations
25. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Demo Play Time Limitations Nov 2, 2018, 17:44 Wallshadows

Don't forget the guy who asked if this was an out of season april fool's joke. The co-host, the dude with the 90s hair, looks like he mentally broke during the panel too. The face he makes on the video at 36 seconds in after the audience boos when told it's mobile only really says it all.

Blizzard is also actively deleting negative feedback on the launch trailer.

No wonder Mikey left.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2018, 17:58.

News Comments > Battlefield V Specs
7. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2018, 21:37 Wallshadows

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 31, 2018, 21:20:
With their substantial price advantage right now I'm leaning AMD for the first time since Athlon.

Don't forget that the entire AM4 platform is universal barring BIOS updates. If you bought a X470 board now and wanted to get a 7nm Zen3 processor in a couple years for the extra oomph without breaking the bank you have that option rather than paying a premium for whatever board and processor Intel releases next which likely won't be another 14nm refresh rendering the Z390 EOL.

You can more or less go out and buy a 2700 and X470 for the cost of a 9700k. Hell, maybe even a 8700k due to the increased cost from shortages.

News Comments > Battlefield V Specs
2. Re: Battlefield V Specs Oct 31, 2018, 19:57 Wallshadows

I wonder what their target FPS is with the DXR recommendation. Last I heard ray tracing is a real monster in terms of performance loss but if they're pushing a 2070 then they must have severely neutered it since the 2080 Ti can only manage something like 1080p 30fps.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. Extended
8. Re: Morning Patches Oct 31, 2018, 14:06 Wallshadows

Nullity wrote on Oct 31, 2018, 14:01:
I'm interested in TES6 and Starfield, but if they are still using this junk, they won't be getting my money.

Seeing as how they updated the lighting and draw distances you can count on the Creative engine sticking around for a while longer.

Unfortunately.

News Comments > Blood Revival Tease?
2. Re: Blood Revival Tease? Oct 30, 2018, 11:13 Wallshadows

I'll reserve my judgment based on whether or not they cock up the System Shock remaster.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 28, 2018, 15:49 Wallshadows

Don't have to hack if you suppress the voters, amirite Georgia?  

News Comments > Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. Specs
1. Re: Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. Specs Oct 25, 2018, 20:05 Wallshadows

Okay but what really are the recommended specs?  

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
5. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 13:42 Wallshadows

$10 this ships with the same memory leaks.  

News Comments > Bless Online Goes Online
2. Re: Bless Online Goes Online Oct 24, 2018, 11:58 Wallshadows

Korean grinder with DLC and an item store. Really says it all.  

3966 Comments. 199 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo