Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3420 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 3, 2016, 00:29 Wallshadows

Surprised she only got attorney fees.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Breach Launches
2. Re: Path of Exile Breach Launches Dec 2, 2016, 23:42 Wallshadows

Got to 49 with my Blade Flurry Assassin. Breach is fun but terribly unforgiving if your gear and resists suck.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 30, 2016, 19:38 Wallshadows

Our McDonald's is located right across from the town funeral home.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 30, 2016, 18:43 Wallshadows

SirKnight wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 17:26:
I started playing Diablo 2 again recently, and no it does NOT look like shit. It actually looks pretty damn good. WAY better than Diablo 3. D3 just looks....off.

It looks better as far as atmosphere and design are concerned but it has not aged well from a technical point of view. Either you play it at 800x600 "fullscreen" and count pixels or you run it in windowed mode which looks nice but you almost need to squint while not off screening your mouse. If the unofficial 1080p patch makes it look like it does when in windowed mode but in fullscreen then that'd be pretty nice but it's an automatic ban if you go online which is the only way I've ever played it.

One thing I've always liked though were mob death animations. They were gruesomely detailed and very satisfying. Another is the actual use of lighting.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2016, 14:39 Wallshadows

Surprised to see such high thermals from that 7700k but I am 100% certain that Intel is continuing the trend of using garbage TIM between the die and the heat spreader to save a couple bucks.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 30, 2016, 14:33 Wallshadows

I found out that I can still enjoy Diablo 2 even though it looks like shit but holy fuck the servers are garbage. The problem is is that the problems I'm seeing now on the new ladder are the same I've seen over ten years ago on USeast Classic so it's not like you can even make a fun conspiracy and say they're kneecapping the D2 servers out of spite.

Temporary connection ban to the realm, failed to join game, high latency, spells misfiring and doors being assholes to name a few. It's almost like PoE before lock step was introduced but with shitty servers.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 30, 2016, 08:32 Wallshadows

I use uBlock and uMatrix together. uMatrix really visualizes how much garbage can run on a page but can be a pain at times since it just pumps the breaks on everything.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 16:03 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 15:56:
Yeah, I just found them thanks. I was using CC as point of reference to illustrate that $200'ish bucks is a hell of a lot more than a bit more.

Phew. You almost gave me a frighten.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 15:49 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 15:10:
They are overpriced IMO but for this iteration of cards and price points the 1060 is the better card as it runs 10-15 degrees cooler on average and sips the same amount of power. The only upside to the 480 at this point is you can use it in SLI where you can't with the 1060 and that's really not a concern of mine. And as for the price being "a bit more" the price between the cheapest 1060 and 1070 at Canada Computers at the moment is $155 dollars with most cards seeing a difference of $200 plus. That's a pretty substantial "bit more" for an extra 2 gigs of memory and what amounts to about an overall 25% improvement over the 1060.

Cutter, no! Don't do that! Click here instead and browse or manually check out Newegg, Direct Canada and Memory Express.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2016, 15:57.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 14:03 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 10:39:
Yeah, I hope it's a thing. I'm returning my Gigabyte RX 480 as A) it's defective B) it's garbage. The thing runs at 80c under load! And Gigabyte support? Mon-Fri 9-5. Seriously? For a global multi-national company where people the world over will obviously need immediate support on their products and they're too cheap to provide it? Never bought Gigabyte before, never will again.

So after spending the weekend doing a hell of a lot more research I'm either looking at grabbing an MSI or Asus board instead, or switching gears and going with a 6G Nvidia 1060 - either EVGA, MSI, or ASUS.

If you're using the G1, it runs that hot because it has less area to dissipate heat but, that being said, 80*C is still well within tolerance especially if you're only using the default fan profiles. I can't speak for their support though other than their three year warranty is nice.

My go-to brand has always been MSI so I cannot recommend them enough. The look of their hardware is immaculate and their support is top knotch which is why I don't mind shelling out a few extra bucks. EVGA being the runner up when it comes to nVidia partners and I avoid ASUS almost entirely due to their heavy markup in spite of being quality product.

If it were my choice, I'd take the 1060 and never look back. Fortunately, my 290x is overbuilt like a brick shit house and is still chewing bubblegum so I can skip this generation.

On another note, I bought Deathwing after watching some streams by Chapter Master Valrak and it's okay. It definitely needs some work to iron out an almost game-breaking bug where you lose all keyboard input except movement at random and the sound system leaves much to be desired especially when it comes to reminding you that you're in Terminator armor to the point where power armor from Fallout 4 feels and sounds better. The UI is straight from a PS1 FPS too and the melee is as basic as it gets. Performance is only ever an issue when there's literally stacks of corpses up to your waist because we didn't realize we were near a nest so they kept spawning by the dozens.

Still fun though!

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2016, 14:18.

News Comments > Dying Light Community Bounty
5. Re: Dying Light Community Bounty Nov 25, 2016, 19:20 Wallshadows

I bought the expansion DLC but then got a refund because I didn't really dig it at the time but I might just get it again since it's $10.

Aren't they planning another expansion DLC? Seems like they're pretty okay with supporting the game even if it's only community events.

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
7. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 25, 2016, 14:23 Wallshadows

Doesn't it cost a lot of money to do a recount? Although I am sure there'd be no problem funding it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2016, 11:53 Wallshadows

I wouldn't want to stream 4k even if I could because I'd probably end up getting a letter from my ISP telling me to pump the breaks or we'll do it for you about 4 days in to the month.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
3. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 11:50 Wallshadows

Allen Adham probably told them to get their shit together and uncancel Ghost.  

News Comments > Path of Exile: Breach Announced
1. Re: Path of Exile: Breach Announced Nov 21, 2016, 11:51 Wallshadows

Nice to see the performance improvements. Even with running it on an SSD you'd still get bursts of choppiness from assets loading from time to time and general performance issues with certain maps. The QoL changes to Master missions has been sorely needed too.

The new Blade ability is absolutely disgusting and will not be surprised to see it nerfed before the new league starts early next month.

In the mean time, the Diablo 2 ladder resets tomorrow and I'll be on that until the new PoE league starts.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2016, 12:00.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: res ipsa Nov 20, 2016, 20:39 Wallshadows

unfortunately wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 17:52:
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 16:07:
...why aren't we seeing a wave of charges?
yup more evidence of the conspiracy to annoy those who cannot be bothered to read laws or comprehend our jurisprudential system.

Wouldn't it be considered a class E felony which carries a sentence of up to five years? Why hasn't anything been brought against the CEO of PacketSled who literally said “I’m going to kill the president. Elect" and "Getting a sniper rifle and perching myself where it counts. Find a bedroom in the whitehouse that suits you motherf—-r. I’ll find you."?

He got fired and later said that it was a joke but no charges are being brought up against him so what gives? Meanwhile, about two weeks ago a crazy old guy rung up over a dozen charges which mostly stem from online death threats against Obama and is facing up to ten years in prison since he also has weapon charges.

It's all very strange.

News Comments > World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration
4. Re: World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration Nov 20, 2016, 17:20 Wallshadows

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 16:37:
Eeeewwww... try to imagine the smell of a fat nerd who hasn't showered in 12 years. I wonder how many of those there are? How many people have lost their lives to this game in the past 12 years? It's kind of a scary thought that there are some real zombies out there who haven't partaken in life outside of WoW for over a decade.

It's hard to imagine someone such as yourself exists but here we are.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2016, 16:07 Wallshadows

Uh. I'm pretty sure a lot more openly admitted to the same thing so why aren't we seeing a wave of charges?  

News Comments > World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration
1. Re: World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration Nov 20, 2016, 16:03 Wallshadows

Here's a shitty dog and tokens.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 19, 2016, 10:17 Wallshadows

NamecaF wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 00:31:
That Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX12 Performance Review is hilarious. What were the DX12 team even doing? As if anyone needed *another* reason not to move to Windows 10. LOL

It's pretty hilarious, really. All the time they were given in development and working alongside AMD which, by nearly all accounts, should be much better suited for DX12. I guess it is better than nVidia but we're still talking performance regression for little to no payoff. DE:MK is an okay game but it feels very sloppily put together.

It reminds me of Gears of War PC where the visual differences between DX9 and DX10 were non-existent but had a substantial tax on performance.

3420 Comments. 171 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo