Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3330 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 24, 2016, 16:47 Wallshadows

I always liked the name but can't say the same for their motherboards.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2016, 21:17 Wallshadows

If they enabled comments then that's going to be a gold mine.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Specs
3. Re: Resident Evil 7 Specs Sep 22, 2016, 21:11 Wallshadows

The recommended specs seem fine even with an i7 but they have a long way to go. Hopefully they'll go down across the board with further optimization and whatnot because the disparity between both isn't enough to really make a lot of sense. At least they're upfront in saying they have more work to do and usually requirements go down with further optimization (I would think).

Either way, I'm happy to see an official announcement and general release date.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 System Specifications
19. Re: Battlefield 1 System Specifications Sep 20, 2016, 09:09 Wallshadows

There have been beta and alpha videos on Youtube where even modest systems with i3s have been able to push 60FPS+ consistently on high/ultra without beefy graphic cards so I'm not worried about the specs for this title. If anything, it seems to run much better than Mankind Divided.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2016, 10:56 Wallshadows

Everyone knows that most consumers aren't going to dig into a game's reviews

Doesn't this kind of undermine his entire post?

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
25. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 15:51 Wallshadows

Kajetan wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 15:19:
Wallshadows wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 15:01:
So they have the right to sue anyone ...
They do. They do have the right to sue anyone for any reason they can think of. They do not have the right to force a judge to make a case out of every lawsuit they file. There has to be at least "something" valid to even acknowledge that there MIGHT be a case.

I see what you mean but surely there becomes a point where filing frivolous lawsuits will net you vexatious litigation which would ultimately put a legal end to filing without some kind of special permission. The Digital Homicide folks seem to be well on their way to such action unless it's different for those who self-represent.

I can only assume that this is why every law firm laughed in their faces since cases such as this are much more of a liability for obvious reasons for both lawyer and their firm that they won't touch it with a fifty foot pole.

20. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 15:01 Wallshadows

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 14:57:
Yep and that is where perhaps the first thing we sort of have to overcome to get past insanity. Lawyers just go looking for a judge who will support the cause and/or accept dollars under the table to support the cause.

The thing is is that they're representing themselves in all their legal disputes and I doubt they have enough money to pull such support from a judge. The judge is simply shit in this case. Last I recall, they tried to use crowdfounding to pay for their legal fees against Jim Sterling and I doubt they've made any more money since then.

If anything, they now make zero dollars.

Quboid wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 14:58:
Yep. You shouldn't be able to just post whatever crap you want about other people with no regard for the truth and assume there'll be no consequences. Even when the other people are assholes. This is a pretty awful way to deal with the problem but it's not like they have any respect to lose.

So they have the right to sue anyone who say bad things about them even though most of it is, in fact, the truth? Does Blizzard have the right to sue me when I say something bad about Diablo 3?

Especially for hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars?

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2016, 15:10.

12. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 14:23 Wallshadows

Overon wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 14:14:
I want to see how far Valve will go to fight on behalf of their users againts the subpoenas.

In this case they wouldn't have to go far at all. Valve will say 'no' unless the Romine brothers are dumb enough to sue Valve at which point I am sure Valve has enough harassment complaints against DH to make The Art of War look like a novella then grind them in to dust with an army of lawyers.

They're suing over harassment and loss of revenue so their response is what could be argued as vexatious litigation and have now thoroughly burned their bridge to what is likely the biggest digital platform especially towards indie titles.

You know what, I really do think they'd be stupid enough to sue Valve when they stonewall their subpoena and I hope it backfires on the Judge who would allow it in the first place.

6. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 13:28 Wallshadows

For any other developer this would be shocking but this is Digital Homicide so it's par for the course. I'm surprised they even found a Judge who would give them something more than a book thrown at them.

Here's to hoping it'll be Valve or Jim Fucking Sterling, Son who hits them with a huge counter-suite which would just be the icing on the cake although I doubt it's even in court yet because every firm has likely laughed them out of the building. I wouldn't be surprised if they can't afford to proceed due to the costs even if they were representing themselves.

That would be an amazing sight to see though so I almost want them to go to court if only to hear about how much of a circus they would perform.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2016, 13:38.

News Comments > 4A Games Sci-Fi Tease?
2. Re: 4A Games Sci-Fi Tease? Sep 17, 2016, 01:45 Wallshadows

If VR had a FPS then Metro would be an amazing thing. I tremble at the thought of the system requirements though.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 16, 2016, 00:25 Wallshadows

Without reading the article it's probably frequent uploaders.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Trailer
6. Re: Resident Evil 7 Trailer Sep 15, 2016, 12:46 Wallshadows

I think it looks god damn amazing and will be picking it up ASAP for the PC. That table scene and the family is definitely ripped right from TCM though but that's not a bad thing.

Definitely puts the resident evil in resident evil and can appreciate this new direction since they kicked the bucket to survival horror in favor of action action action since four.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Why Do I Suddenly Have To Log In Now Sep 14, 2016, 20:14 Wallshadows

Fixing what ain't broken and then taking a shit down your chimney on Christmas.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 14, 2016, 20:07 Wallshadows

Bad games got worse! Who would have thought that would happen if developers are giving out keys for positive reviews?

Not that it really bothers me though since most of the games on this list are cancerous indie titles which have over run Steam. I saw a Toad hobbling along on the yard earlier today and I think I cared more about it than anything on this list.

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
13. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 11:26 Wallshadows

I don't really see an issue especially since they're still being included. Games are still going to be either good or bad regardless of where you bought them from and if you are in the business of reading reviews rather than going off of numbers then you're really not missing out on anything.

If anything, this might slow the flood of terrible indie games because of bullshit developer tactics. It's not like No Man's Sky will go from 35% to 90% either.

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard
7. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 13, 2016, 00:51 Wallshadows

No wonder Thrall stepped down from being Jesus.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Sep 12, 2016, 08:08 Wallshadows

Picked up the two-pack from Steam. I remember pirating Dead Space a long time ago but never gave it much of a chance for some reason. I do remember it being skin-crawlingly creepy though.

I'll play it.... sometime.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 11, 2016, 01:00 Wallshadows

it's clear that the developers behind Deus Ex: Mankind Divided have a lot of optimizing to do for Radeons before the game's DirectX 12 mode goes gold in a week and change.

That's pretty god damn hilarious seeing as how AMD and Eidos Montreal were practically in bed with each other during development.

There's something to be said about DX12 titles launched under the Square Enix banner though and I'm more inclined to blame the developer for half-assing it since they're ultimately responsible for implementing DX12.

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
13. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 23:17 Wallshadows

I bet Nordic Games will buy a ton of those and sit on them like they do with every other license they scoop up.  

News Comments > Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Launches
5. Re: Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Launches Sep 3, 2016, 01:24 Wallshadows

I always gush over new seasons especially when it's from either an expansion or mini-expansion but I simply cannot put any time in to this at the moment. Right now, Legion has me by the balls since I'm still deciding on a main so I'm partially leveling each one I might like and any time left over is going in to Deus Ex and then any time after that is going to Fallout 4.

I'll find out what the hype is by the time the next PoE expansion hits at this rate.

3330 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo