Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3242 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 23, 2016, 02:20 Wallshadows

A test like this pleases me since it has a more accurate representation of the market both cards are pushing in to... well, maybe a little more on the older side but I feel better looking at these numbers than I do when they're paired with a $700 Haswell-E and beyond. I know why they're doing it but I'm more interested in relative performance than what becomes a bottleneck for the top 5% of gamers who wouldn't buy these cards in the first place.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced
4. Re: New NVIDIA TITAN X Announced Jul 22, 2016, 11:45 Wallshadows

MacLeod wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 11:42:
Can someone actually explain the Titan to me? I don't get it.

Being able to say you own a Titan.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 21, 2016, 09:49 Wallshadows

Engineering samples of Zen are finally being released so... there's that for AMD, I guess...  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 20, 2016, 21:14 Wallshadows

Going in to this completely blind much like the first season. What an amazing show!  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
7. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 19, 2016, 13:38 Wallshadows

Verno wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 11:06:
I can't imagine the 460 and 470 being worth a shit unless they're bargain bin.

Depends on how aggressive nVidia will be with their GTX 1050. The 470 is a very ninor cut-down version of the 480 but will be price ~$50 less than the 480 4GB and 8GB equivalent whereas the 460 will be cut in half for $100.

Here are some AotS results of both as well as some of that marketing hype to give an idea with a side of salt. It's just a shame that AMD wasn't prepared for the 480 demand and is likely why we haven't been hearing a damn thing about the 470 and 460 because they're too busy filling reference back orders on top of shipping to third party manufacturers that have only begun AIB production now.

Personally, I think the real silver bullet for mainstream 1080p60hz could have been the RX 470. ~15% less (estimated) performance for $50 less can go a long way in the right hands but we might not see it for a very, very long time.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 19, 2016, 10:06 Wallshadows

Nwtflix keeps telling me that now is the best time to sign up with them again but I'm not buying what they're selling until their pull their head out from their ass in regards to VPN. I can handle the cost increase but I won't pay even a nickle if I am locked down to the Canadian library.  

1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 19, 2016, 09:44 Wallshadows

Really impressed with the 1060. I'll gladly eat my hat knowing that they're not being gouged like the 1070 or 1080 and have many variations of custom cards that cost ~$30 more than reference 480s which have been out of stock in Canada since launch day and likely won't see a return for quite some time.

Mighty tempting and a huge disappointment for AMD in regards to their custom cards which won't be out until August.

News Comments > WoW Pre-Expansion Patch
5. Re: WoW Pre-Expansion Patch Jul 17, 2016, 20:49 Wallshadows

Alamar wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 17:54:
What's the problem with Ret, precisely? I prefer the new rotation myself, but I couldn't comment on the numbers... Is it a numbers thing? Which would be tweaked if it's really an issue.

I don't think the developers knew what they wanted when it came to Paladin class fantasy from a Retribution perspective. The end result is a class without direction with changes for the sake of change. The talent tree is awful, the supporting role is hamfisted, the mastery is terrible and movement outside of Steed is nearly zero. I don't mind that it isn't whack-a-mole but it also feels as though the pendulum swung too far in the opposite direction which only makes the terrible talent tree even worse.

That's just my opinion though but I know many feel the same way. I was so certain that it would be my main for a very long time and then I tried it out in beta and immediately began looking for a new main. I just couldn't believe how much effort they put in to making Ret as awful as it is.

I settled on Enhancement not long after because it's the exact opposite of why I hate the new Ret.

God damn Ashbringer tax.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial Jul 17, 2016, 17:47 Wallshadows

I recommend it. Easily one of the best grinds in an MMO to date even if you go at it from a purely solo experience. You'll miss some interesting sub-plots but nothing game breaking... I think.

Oddly enough, most will tell you that the best story in the game is with the Imperial Agent to which I tend to strongly agree with but the Sith Warrior has Darth Baras who is easily one of my favorite characters.

News Comments > WoW Pre-Expansion Patch
1. Re: WoW Pre-Expansion Patch Jul 17, 2016, 11:49 Wallshadows

Blizzard better be prepared to meet Retribution and any Rogue players feedback. It's one thing to have it kept to some in beta but it's another thing when it's a live release and everyone can see just how bad they've wrecked certain specs and classes.

I can't put enough distance between me and my Ret Paladin out of fear that I might catch a disease.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 16, 2016, 16:35 Wallshadows

Mashes with their handjob policy which is in the works.  

News Comments > Rick and Morty VR Announced
7. Re: Rick and Morty VR Announced Jul 16, 2016, 02:52 Wallshadows

I've always wanted to touch a Plumbus.

The only thing better than this would be a third season. Please, third season, hurry up.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video Jul 14, 2016, 15:38 Wallshadows

Nuhauser wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 14:36:
I'm really not into the 3rd person "watchamovie" takedowns. Was that in Human Revolution? Also, I'm finding it disappointing they're demoing the game on a console...

Correct, they were in HR. I liked them though since they didn't just have one or two animations so it never felt boring or repetitive, in my opinion.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 14, 2016, 14:59 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 13:58:
You mean like this Batman meme?

Pretty much. Fun police throwing stones from their glass house. It's almost like having fun is subjective but they never got the memo.

1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 14, 2016, 13:30 Wallshadows

I wouldn't mind throwing together an X99 setup and pair it with my buddy's older 3930k but the price of entry on a quality X99 board is high. Sub $200 and even $300 boards are often reported for their terrible memory slots that fail either immediately or within a year and chances are those Sandy Bridge-Es are out of warranty.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 14, 2016, 13:19 Wallshadows

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 12:50:
Problem with Tesla they misadvertised the self drive feature. Idiot owners think that means they can do something else while driving.

They deserve every bit of negative publicity. Several people have died because of their negligence. I can see some big lawsuits coming.

It reminds me of the tale of a man who lifted his lawn mower to trim the hedges, cut off his fingers, then sued the manufacturer for no warning label and won. Granted, it's only a story, but it's a cautionary tale for all the kind of weird bullshit that can happen when dealing with idiots.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 14, 2016, 13:12 Wallshadows

Meanwhile, Facebook has become a battlefield between Pokemon Go and Man Card Revoking memes.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video Jul 14, 2016, 13:09 Wallshadows

DE:MD is a title I feel confident enough in that I would see no issue with pre-ordering especially after they turfed all that bullshit tier unlocks and rewards.  

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
7. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 11:14 Wallshadows

Not surpised after they went ahead and disabled the ability to zoom out further through console commands in WoW for the same competitive reasoning.  

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
9. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Jul 12, 2016, 13:07 Wallshadows

Strip the flesh, salt the wound.  

3242 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo