Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3759 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 00:20 Wallshadows

Looking back at this video is a somewhat unsettling experience. Four years and he went from being optimistic to being one more victim of stupid fucking cancer.

If anything I hope his death will be the push some folks need in order to be vigilant about their health rather than dismissing abnormalities until it's too late.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V in October
12. Re: Battlefield V in October May 23, 2018, 22:48 Wallshadows

Even for BF... even for CoD... that was a really messy, chaotic trailer.

MFW this game retails for $120 though since it apparently won't come with loot boxes or DLC. There's no way EA will let those slide without some kind of huge catch.

This comment was edited on May 23, 2018, 23:17.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition
6. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition May 22, 2018, 18:48 Wallshadows

So far all signs are pointing to being a much better, more complete product. Anything less would be heresy.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Set in WW2?
8. Re: Battlefield V Set in WW2? May 21, 2018, 18:15 Wallshadows

I'm already tired of going back to WW2 and we're not even that far in to it yet.

Maybe they'll do the History Channel's The Great Martian War. Anything.

News Comments > Tencent and Grinding Gear
3. Re: Tencent and Grinding Gears May 21, 2018, 10:48 Wallshadows

I get the impression that there were financial woes over at GGG since they were really, really, really cranking out MTX armors these last few months. I mean, they only have one person working on the game engine so I can see how this can help bring staff and create improvements where it's sorely needed which was likely a big reason Chris made this decision.

In any case, I feel two ways about this.

The first being I'm not that worried Tencent will take control of PoE since they also have large stakes in other companies and haven't run them in to the ground. They seem to be more interested about what they can do in China.

The second being that I don't see GGG as the David vs Goliath, indie vs big studio success story any more now that they're essentially a part of a big studio. It also makes supporter packs and MTXs feel less meaningful now since we're no longer directly supporting a small indie studio.

I'm cautiously optimistic since it would be great to see what GGG can do with these changes but there is a degree of concern to see how this shakes out over time. They already have glorified loot boxes so it's not like we can shit on Tencent for that.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2018, 13:15.

News Comments > Battlefield V Reveal Hype
5. Re: Battlefield V Reveal Hype May 20, 2018, 16:36 Wallshadows

The battle between unionized and uninionized maple syrup production in Quebec.  

News Comments > Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed
14. Re: Battlefield V May 23rd Reveal Confirmed May 16, 2018, 22:35 Wallshadows

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 16, 2018, 17:35:
Would be awesome if it were Vietnam in all of its futile, gory, morally ambiguous glory.

Second this.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 12, 2018, 16:13 Wallshadows

Milla Jovovich leading it right off a cliff.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse May 11, 2018, 20:08 Wallshadows

Here's hoping The Expanse can be picked up too. If there was any reason to give a shit about SyFy it's surely gone now.  

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black Apr 28, 2018, 19:07 Wallshadows

I feel shitty but I'd like to think that his work in The Cosby Show and Fat Albert shouldn't be dismissed because he turned in to what he is today. It's no longer coming from Cliff Huxtable incarnate and is hypocritical, sure, but there's still meaning to what he said and expressed which should be taken to heart.

Not the drinky drinky rapey rapey parts but the fatherly figure parts.

Be gentle.

News Comments > NVIDIA's Tomb Raider Collaboration
2. Re: NVIDIA's Tomb Raider Collaboration Apr 28, 2018, 18:58 Wallshadows

Does this one come with a working nude button combination though?  

News Comments > Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter
8. Re: Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter Apr 27, 2018, 13:55 Wallshadows

Bear with me when I say it'd be interesting if they crossed battle royale with a vastly more enjoyable version of Biohazard Umbrella Corps where you're against each other but within the open world of StarCraft where environment and NPCs actually matter.

It'd be better if it were a storied FPS set in SC but their focus is on dump trucks full of money since they're not willing to add a battle royale mode to Overwatch.

News Comments > New Ryzen CPU Reviews
5. Re: New Ryzen CPU Reviews Apr 19, 2018, 12:11 Wallshadows

It's going to get even more spicy with 7nm Ryzen 2 next year. Hell, it'll be interesting to see if they're holding back on a consumer 2800X flagship or if that'll just be rolled in to the new 12nm Threadripper.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?
23. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 19, 2018, 08:04 Wallshadows

Maybe it'll be centered around Vietnam and everyone turns in to Jacob's Ladder monsters and locations.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 May Drop Solo Campaign; Add Battle Royale
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 May Drop Solo Campaign; Add Battle Royale Apr 17, 2018, 19:07 Wallshadows

Why even bother continuing the series name if they're getting rid of what makes the franchise identifiable as such?  

News Comments > M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch
7. Re: M-Rated Agony to Receive AO PC Patch Apr 17, 2018, 08:56 Wallshadows

Sacrifice wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 19:01:
I am leery of a game that is overly concerned or focused on violence and nudity.

I mean.... the game does take place in hell... sadistic torment and deviant debauchery kind of goes without saying.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2018, 18:16 Wallshadows

NdT sure turned in to one smug prick. Shame.  

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
21. Re: New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced Apr 13, 2018, 16:06 Wallshadows

It's something like $239 cheaper than what I paid for my 8700k + Z370 motherboard to get a 2600x + X470 board.

Pretty impressive especially if with the uplift in performance even if only small.

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 14:28:
Save your money and wait for when gpu's and ram come back down in price from the ridiculous levels they are at now. 1180ti should be out by then

Unfortunately it seems as though Cryptos were back on the rise (or at least were yesterday) so we may see another drought with marked up cards. Not to mention the fact that next-gen cards will likely fetch a 20% premium right out the gate.

It's not over yet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2018, 16:51 Wallshadows

Same can be said about the Travis Walton UFO incident which the movie Fire in the Sky is based off of. While I love the story and the movie it was pretty much debunked by a member of the UFO community since Travis was using countermeasures, the discrepancies with the crew as well as another test which exposed a tremendous amount of bullshit deception which got buried.

Leave the polygraph to Maury Povich trying to find daddies.

News Comments > System Shock Revival Revived
6. Re: System Shock Revival Revived Apr 7, 2018, 15:59 Wallshadows

Hump wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 14:55:
to be honest, I thought the Unity demo looked fine. I'm more interested in capturing the feel of the original rather than see them spend too much time on graphics detail.

anyhoo, good to see them back on track.

The unity demo worked because it gave the game a certain sense of gritty, creative, and unrefined appeal which is reminiscent of the original. When they transferred it over to the Unreal engine it looked too clean, too generic and too modern.

It's a shame that they're sticking with the Unreal Engine since that was one of the most glaring concerns but hopefully they won't go so far as to change the layout of the game or alter designs as was the case prior to the hiatus for the "benefit" of newer players.

3759 Comments. 188 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo