Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008
Founding Supporter Silver, since February 25, 2020
Total Comments 4009 (Master)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 3: Raccoon City Demo Released

2. Re: Resident Evil 3: Raccoon City Demo Released Mar 19, 2020, 17:32  Wallshadows 

Just from that little slice there's quite a bit of changes which makes me even more interested in the final product. It's the same but it's not.

Pretty sure I don't really care for the new Nemesis model though so I'll be looking forward to model swaps through mods for the old boy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 2020 Game Developers Choice Awards Winners

4. Re: 2020 Game Developers Choice Awards Winners Mar 19, 2020, 16:24  Wallshadows 

Bodolza wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 12:45:
How does the "Game of the Year" not win in any other category? It doesn't have the best design, or best art, or best story, but somehow is still better than everything else that came out?

It stole the show.

News Comments > Resident Evil 3: Demo This Week, Resistance Open Beta This Month

1. Re: Resident Evil 3: Demo This Week, Resistance Open Beta This Month Mar 16, 2020, 16:57  Wallshadows 

Still undecided as to whether or not I like the new Nemesis. What I do know is that I can't get it out of my head that instead of saying STAAARS he's now saying STAAAAIRS.

Stairs can be pretty dangerous though...

Resistance looks like a fun pack-in project though.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Delirium Next Month

18. Re: Path of Exile: Delirium Next Month Feb 26, 2020, 13:36  Wallshadows 

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 26, 2020, 12:45:
A central trading network with standardized pricing determined by true supply and demand would destroy them. They might say it'd suck the fun out of trading, but really it's just because the prices of everything would crash hard.

The reason which GGG have given on record is a popular joke on /r/pathofexile since each league is flooded with scammers, spammers and bots. By introducing an auction house it would have an impact on player interaction...

... even though the Chinese and console versions have one.

Personally, I'd be happy if there was an auction house for maps and currencies. A bunch of the more important currencies are price fixed anyway so it wouldn't matter where you get them from and it would be nice to not have to whisper 18 players to get a T13 map especially if they can only be assed when you buy in bulk.

11. Re: Path of Exile: Delirium Next Month Feb 26, 2020, 09:48  Wallshadows 

The Pyro wrote on Feb 26, 2020, 08:41:
I don't enjoy leveling a new character, even if it "only" takes 8-10 hours for me.

That's honestly one of my biggest issues with the game. It hits me pretty early in act 2 Vaal Ruins and it can, at times, be a real slog to see it through to the end especially if I go in to the league without a clear idea of what I want to play and find myself going through a revolving door of builds which flake out before the campaign is finished. Even when jacked up with leveling gear it's still my least favorite part of the game even though it represents the smallest portion of time investment.

I wish they'd take the Adventure Mode from Diablo 3 and sprinkle in a little of their own spices to provide an alternate leveling experience but I don't think that'll ever happen.

8. Re: Path of Exile: Delirium Next Month Feb 26, 2020, 07:51  Wallshadows 

I really like the theme and the extension of the passive tree might shake out some interesting new builds along the way. Any improvements to the Conqueror system is greatly appreciated too since that was a mess and nice to see they're extending that in to the end game in general.

Can't say I like the supporter packs though which is a shame.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 25, 2020, 08:47  Wallshadows 

I won't say we've hit the limit on consumer bandwidth but if a high-end fiber line of today still isn't enough to provide an ideal experience then perhaps it's the surrounding infrastructure which needs to be addressed in order to smooth out the experience especially when we're dealing with more demanding games where frame time and latency has a large impact.  

News Comments > Boss Key's Proposed Aliens Shooter Details

3. Re: Boss Key's Proposed Aliens Shooter Details Feb 10, 2020, 20:17  Wallshadows 

This man definitely crawled out of a barrel of 245 Trioxine because there's nothing which can make him stop.  

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Feb 7, 2020, 16:14  Wallshadows 

What a fitting way to finish BfA. Not only was it one of the most bugged bosses in over ten years but it's easily the most uninspired and disappointing end boss ever created in WoW.  

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X Reviews

9. Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X Reviews Feb 7, 2020, 16:03  Wallshadows 

Avus wrote on Feb 7, 2020, 11:15:
I wonder who is stupid enough to buy Intel HEDT nowadays. AMD totally annihilate Intel X-Series in just couple years.

A combination of brand loyalty and lack of information would be my guess.

News Comments > Rod Fergusson to Lead Blizzard's Diablo Team

21. Re: Rod Fergusson to Lead Blizzard's Diablo Team Feb 6, 2020, 08:31  Wallshadows 

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 6, 2020, 02:16:
The only way Blizzard could gain the confidence of it's former playerbase is by (re)hiring the guys who ran Blizzard North, assuming they would ever want to come back.

At the Path of Exile convention the Schaefer brothers and Brevik said what everyone already knew that Blizzard has morphed in to a massive corporation which is focused on shareholders rather than players which is why they left so it's safe to say they'll never be back.

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Plans and Refunds

16. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Plans and Refunds Feb 4, 2020, 10:26  Wallshadows 

we want to say we’re sorry to those of you who didn’t have the experience you wanted
"It's not our fault.

It's actually your fault for wanting to experience what we said we'd sell you."

News Comments > Users Savage Warcraft III: Reforged

23. Re: Users Savaging Warcraft III: Reforged Feb 2, 2020, 15:54  Wallshadows 

For once I'd say this is well justified and now I'm glad they aren't touching Diablo 2 for a remaster.  

News Comments > Outbreak: Epidemic Leaves Early Access This Month

4. Re: Outbreak: Epidemic Leaves Early Access This Month Feb 1, 2020, 15:55  Wallshadows 

This is to World War Z as World War Z is to Left for Dead.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Sam's Story Next Month

1. Re: Metro Exodus Sam's Story Next Month Jan 27, 2020, 16:09  Wallshadows 

The Two Colonels was a really great piece of DLC which, according to steam, is only 8$ and was worth every penny. Easily one of the best campaigns in Exodus.

So I'm really looking forward to this.

News Comments > Frictional Game Tease ARG

1. Re: Frictional Game Tease ARG Jan 24, 2020, 18:11  Wallshadows 

SOMA: the best game no one really played.  

News Comments > WoW Visions of N'Zoth Live

9. Re: WoW Visions of N'Zoth Live Jan 15, 2020, 23:21  Wallshadows 

This patch is pretty brutal for folks who have alts but it's much better than time gating 30 minute of quests behind 8 weeks to tell a shit story.

This time there's a legitimate build up of story over several hours that takes your own time to complete which is a breath of fresh air. Still filled with fetch and kill x quests but it's a lot more than can be said about the other content update patches. I'd even dare say it's somewhat engaging content which isn't something you'd expect from modern World of Warcraft.

I'm sure I'll hate it after I have to pull three characters through the quests though but, still, credit where credit is due.

News Comments > Into the Black

3. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2020, 20:52  Wallshadows 

"Turns out Wash was fine all along!"  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 28, 2019, 21:45  Wallshadows 

Really like The Mandalorian too.

What I like the most about it is that it happens only a fist full of years after the fall of the Empire and yet no one other than the Forge Master knows what they shit the Jedi and the force as a whole are.

Just a completely separate pocket of the universe where it can be allowed to be dialed back to a character-driven adventure.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Exploit Closed

11. Re: Fallout 76 Exploit Closed Dec 25, 2019, 09:49  Wallshadows 

This game really is the gift that keeps on giving.  

4009 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >