Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3608 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 19:59 Wallshadows

Sonny Landham died.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month
7. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month Aug 1, 2017, 21:50 Wallshadows

It's not in a jungle so it's already more interesting to me than Heart of Thorns.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 31, 2017, 23:46 Wallshadows

In my neck of the woods, Bell Aliant charges ~$94/month for their "ultra high speed" 7/.5 line whereas if I lived about 100 meters up the road I would have access to their FibreOP 150/50 line for the same price. If someone has netflix on the go it pretty much cripples the network beyond browsing even if it's not in HD.

"please keep updating your search to see if it's available. It should be a couple more months" has basically been the carrot they've been dangling now for the past couple of years.

At this point I'm just about ready to jump on board City Wide for a 20/2 line for close to $40 less even though I hear it's wildly hit or miss in regards to the support and service you receive but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
1. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 10:41 Wallshadows

Vega also doubles as a space heater.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed
23. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed Jul 28, 2017, 20:29 Wallshadows

I hate box specs because 99% of the time they're not even mentioning what is considered a minimum or recommended environment. It's just an arbitrary point of reference without explaining what it is.

Having the R5 1600x be the equivalent to the i5-2400 is pretty funny though.

News Comments > Dead Alliance Open Beta
5. Re: Dead Alliance Open Beta Jul 27, 2017, 20:24 Wallshadows

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 18:35:
Because opening Steam and looking at the dev team of it is really hard to do?

Sometimes I like to engage with the community I am a part of even if the answer is easily attainable.

I am literally worse than Hitler.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2017, 18:18 Wallshadows

Seeing as how wildly successful PUBG has become I can see why the developer would want to introduce loot crates in spite of what he's said since that's a lot of potential cash left on the table. I also suspect that PUBG will pull an ARK and double the cost of the game when, if ever, it gets a retail release.

It's a shitty thing to do, to be sure, but if I were in his shoes I'd probably do the same thing since I like money.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 27, 2017, 18:07 Wallshadows

For some reason I figured she died well before my time so this is quite a surprise.  

News Comments > Dead Alliance Open Beta
2. Re: Dead Alliance Open Beta Jul 27, 2017, 18:02 Wallshadows

Aren't these the same guys who made Friday the 13th: The Game and all of the problems and drama associated with it?  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 27, 2017, 13:32 Wallshadows

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 09:40:
A NIC worthy cpu without integrated GPU, AMD, why do you always give me reasons not to buy your stuff?

I'm guessing they're doing it to both cut costs as well as to promote their APU range. Actually, aside from their APUs have they ever released a stand-alone desktop processor which has an igpu like Intel does with all their processors?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 26, 2017, 15:24 Wallshadows

Someone had the money and interest to put together a CFL sports title?

Impressive.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 24, 2017, 21:29 Wallshadows

Seems like there's a certain kind of stupidity when it comes to developing and advertising a product which is knowingly considered illegal and then being surprised when you're hit with a C&D letter.

Jagacademy wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 21:28:
Warmane.com makes millions a year, has TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, and MoP servers, and 30,000+ online at all times. Has gone unchallenged for years

From my understanding, Warmane likely uses the C&D requests as toilet paper since they're located in Russia.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2017, 19:46 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 12:45:
Holy shit does that Thor movie look unbelievably bad.

To be fair there are plenty of things which are unbelievably bad but comic book movies aren't one of them.

They're a marketable form of cancer.

News Comments > More on Dying Light DLC Plans
8. Re: More on Dying Light DLC Plans Jul 24, 2017, 19:40 Wallshadows

It's funny because I was just thinking about reinstalling this game earlier today and do a fresh playthrough but actually got back in to 7 Days to Die since I heard the developers introduced electricity.

The wait for the Path of Exile expansion is really hard so anything I can do to pass the spare time is welcomed. Maybe I'll resub to Eve or...

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 24, 2017, 19:18 Wallshadows

I'm a firm believer that GoT will end with it flashing to Sam being like 90 years old finishing his book called A Song of Fire and Ice ever since that thing from the intro was shown in the Great Library. Even in the last episode when he told the dude his book title sounds like shit and dude was like "we're not poets" I thought to myself Sam would be the one who would go against that grain.

My friend hates the idea.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 22, 2017, 13:54 Wallshadows

We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Would this make them heretics in the eyes of the Emperor?

News Comments > Diablo III Season 11 Live
8. Re: Diablo III Season 11 Live Jul 21, 2017, 22:49 Wallshadows

I literally hit level 70 maybe 30 minutes ago after being power leveled in about 15 minutes and I already have the full Rathma set. Four pieces from the "congrats on playing the bare minimum of the game" gift and the other two from Kadala thanks to getting 300 free blood stones from the challenge rift to gamble with.

Next season they may as well should give you the entire seasonal set for logging in.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
19. Re: Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month Jul 20, 2017, 23:45 Wallshadows

I think it's a fantastic economy and bartering is a far more meaningful form of trading especially when it comes to ARPGs which are loot-driven. Granted, trading in general could use an overhaul in PoE where they don't rely on third party services to act as a pseudo auction house but I still prefer it over the MMO-inspired BOP-everything-except-those-in-your-party-for-two-hours system which has infected Diablo 3.

Once you become accustomed to the system and the value of items it's really not that much different to traditional currencies. It just takes some commitment to understand the meta items, tier rolls, crafting slots and item level. You can even trivialize some of this by using strict item filters.

That and it feels good knowing GGG aren't assuming we're all hacking dupers who spend all our money on the dangerously evil black market like Blizzard seems to believe.

Creston wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 23:36:
Is it all still for free?

I really need to give this a try, but the ludicrously large skill tree and possible combinations kind of turn me off. I should find a cool, fun build to play and just play that, I think.

100% free.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adding Garrosh
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adding Garrosh Jul 20, 2017, 23:28 Wallshadows

Kind of boring but that's cool, I guess.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 20, 2017, 23:21 Wallshadows

I think a lot of people can thank him and the music he made to get through some shitty teenage years. Chris Cornell's death must have been the tipping point for his well being...  

3608 Comments. 181 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo