Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3530 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2017, 10:02 Wallshadows

WarCraft Go, no doubt.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 23, 2017, 18:12 Wallshadows

Not entirely applicable to this story but folks who make conversion mods need to have some kind of NDA and then leak it in to the wild from parts unknown when it's done.

It sucks for several reasons but that's the only way most of these types of mods can really exist unless you live in a part of the world which can use foreign cease and desist letters as toilet paper.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2017, 10:30 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 00:44:
Stupid crimes like manslaughter and capital crimes like murder are virtually always crimes of passion.

I've always heard about crimes of passion but never really fully understood their significance when it came to where the perpetrator would fall on a scale of murder or manslaughter.

Is it the lack of pre-meditation? Is it more of a psychological trigger?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2017, 23:47 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 13:59:
Russian man gets longest-ever US hacking sentence, 27 years in prison.

And yet people convicted of manslaughter routinely get half that.

Half that being lucky. The last murder which took place round here was something like 20 years ago. Dude got mad when he was cut off from drinking so he went to his truck, got a rifle and killed the person who cut him off.

Got a four year sentence which then got lowered to less than two.

News Comments > Outbreak: The New Nightmare Announced
3. Re: Outbreak: The New Nightmare Announced Apr 22, 2017, 23:37 Wallshadows

Is this what the English mean when they say "taking the piss"?  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 11, 2017, 15:15 Wallshadows

I'm still on the fence after doing some legwork on how much a B350 and a R5 1600 would set me back ($525 total) and it's virtually identical to what I can expect to pay for a 7700K which is a better processor when it comes to gaming.

I suppose if I offset the cost of the build with how much I could get for my Z170 setup then a Ryzen build would be more like $350 so there's the sales pitch I can make to myself.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2017, 15:31.

News Comments > G2A Responds to Gearbox
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 10, 2017, 22:34 Wallshadows

Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 22:12:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:55:
Gearbox had to have been ignorant of their business to a certain degree because it only became a problem when Total Biscuit basically spelled it out for them when they asked why he boycotted their titles for supporting G2A.

That's the point. Gearbox was no longer ignorant after TB let them know and they went to G2A to demand if this exclusive deal happens with you people you need to make assurances (which they lined out). After all that, G2A behaved like Gearbox was still ignorant of their business. Make sense?

Ah, yes, I see what you mean.

News Comments > G2A Responds to Gearbox
3. Re: RE: G2A Responds to Gearbox Apr 10, 2017, 21:55 Wallshadows

Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:39:
So what they're doing, in a very passive damage-control way, is blaming Gearbox for being ignorant of their business. If these requests are "part of our marketplace" G2A could have easily provided Gearbox with the assurances they wanted. I think I'm going to side with Gearbox on this.

Gearbox had to have been ignorant of their business to a certain degree because it only became a problem when Total Biscuit basically spelled it out for them when they asked why he boycotted their titles for supporting G2A.

News Comments > Minecraft Adding Real-Money Marketplace
9. Re: Minecraft Adding Real-Money Marketplace Apr 10, 2017, 14:11 Wallshadows

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 12:23:
Well, they only list Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Edition, which have nothing to do with the core PC (Java) version. So carry on.

That's what I was thinking and hoping for but I wasn't sure if the PC version and Windows 10 edition were one in the same so thanks for pointing that out!

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2017, 10:50 Wallshadows

So their answer to piracy is what? The inconvenience to download a new version which'll be cracked within hours or days? Like what happens to every other piece of software when there are updates?

I would genuinely laugh if saves are transferable.

News Comments > Minecraft Adding Real-Money Marketplace
3. Re: Minecraft Adding Real-Money Marketplace Apr 10, 2017, 10:42 Wallshadows

Soooooo what does this mean to us folk who use things like DireWolf20 and Sphax PureBDCraft texture packs?  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details
4. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 11:51 Wallshadows

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 11:20:

FYI there is a hardcore mode.

Oh shit, really? Pie on my face.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details
1. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 10:37 Wallshadows

I wish they'd decide whether they want this to be an arcade shooter or something with a little more realism to drive the whole "WW1 was brutally cruel" aspect because nothing sucks you out of the horrors of war more than health regen, nerf guns and vehicles (especially horses) built out of adamantium.

At least give an optional hardcore mode like the one in BFBC2 or something otherwise I just can't really see myself getting back in to it.

News Comments > Gearbox Drops G2A Deal
6. Re: Gearbox Drops G2A Deal Apr 7, 2017, 21:34 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 20:46:
Why would you pay for insurance on them? Use Paypal. If the key is invalid they'll refund your money and it's G2A's problem. Most they can do is ban your account. Big whoop. Just make another.

To be fair I don't when it comes to deep discount games. I bought Wolfenstein The Old Blood for $9 and figured why the hell would I pay almost half of that for insurance. Good idea on the Paypal approach though.

News Comments > Gearbox Drops G2A Deal
3. Re: Gearbox Drops G2A Deal Apr 7, 2017, 19:24 Wallshadows

G2A, where the keys are screened and legit but here's a continuously rising insurance on them or fuck you.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 3, 2017, 21:32 Wallshadows

There's a pretty massive sale on the 40k Horus Heresy audio books and goodies at humble bundle which I may dive in to.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Un'Goro Expansion Next Week
3. Re: Hearthstone Un'Goro Expansion Next Week Apr 1, 2017, 09:22 Wallshadows

I don't play the game but I can appreciate all the salty Kripparian compilations which spawn from the game on a very consistent basis.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 1, 2017, 09:20 Wallshadows

DDR5 is on the horizon but I doubt it'll even make an appearance in the consumer market for some time. 2019 for Icelake could be possible along with the AM4+ refinement but by then I suspect RAM will cost a thousand dollars given its recent leap in price with little slowing down.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 14:56 Wallshadows

Never really got in to the first. Something about it didn't feel right when compared to, say, Medieval.  

News Comments > Dean Hall's Stationeers Revealed
7. Re: Dean Hall's Stationeers Revealed Mar 30, 2017, 14:41 Wallshadows

The biggest fault against DayZ is that it was built on a shitty shit engine and had awful multiplayer infrastructure. I wouldn't care if it was in EA all this time if it actually played well but you fire it up and there's as much buggy, poorly-optimized bullshit now as there was years ago.

He probably cashed out because he knew it could never be fixed and there was no point in hanging around with that noose around his neck.

3530 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo