Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3679 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches
2. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 9, 2017, 15:56 Wallshadows

Building a Detonate Dead Inquisitor. Gives me pretty strong nostalgia to my old Diablo 2 Amp + Corpse Explosion Necromancer. Once you drop Desecrate you're pretty much riding that meaty gore train to town especially with the Abyss mechanic where you can just chain it through the tear.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 7, 2017, 19:31 Wallshadows

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 14:06:
I think Intel is doing this so they have headroom to introduce “faster processors” by simply putting better TIM in.

That's the kind of benefit of a doubt I'd give them if we were still on Ivy Bridge processors but here we are six generations later and they use it exclusively from budget to HEDT. It's just Intel being shitty much like how they were in regards to their processors until Ryzen released and put a fire under their ass to actually do something other than refresh their series with single-digit performance increases.

News Comments > Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion
13. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 16:04 Wallshadows

This definitely cost us a raid tier.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2017, 11:38 Wallshadows

Three movies wouldn't be enough to even scratch the old republic since it's spread across something like 25 thousand years so I'm not that upset even though I'd love to see it get re-incorporated in to the official canon.

As of now I think the Mandalorians are the only thing which are canon from that era and only barely.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 08:11 Wallshadows

Never shopped at their retail outlets but if it was anything like their online platform then I'm not that upset. Awful pricing and dodgy "free" shipping deals put them waaaaay down my list when it came to shopping for components.

What's hilarious is how their sister site, DirectCanada, was better in nearly every way while still using the NCIX infrastructure from warehouse to payment processing to shipping.

News Comments > AMD Driver Rebranding
14. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 16:52 Wallshadows

Will this come with another version of video capture software as well?  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2017, 17:13 Wallshadows

Instead of a sound block it'll be replaced by his retarded mug, as is tradition.  

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
14. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 14:12 Wallshadows

Even if they cleaned up this mess they're still sitting at a 72% metacritic score which is pretty damning for a triiiiple AAAAAA title. The user scores are typical but I don't think I've ever seen it go below 1 for any other game.

Another record, maybe?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 11:56 Wallshadows

I think it's pretty ridiculous how the police expect someone to fully comply with their orders and act cool while there's a dog chomping down on their leg. Once the person goes down wouldn't it be in the best interest of everyone to have it let go and use other measures for compliance since the threat of escape is neutralized?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 11:43 Wallshadows

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:41:
That's 2 countries. The ball is rolling, slowly. I can't wait until countries declare it gambling and it has to stop. The cries of anguish from shitbag publishers will be incredible. It will be the only sound heard around the world.

I'm fairly certain the Netherlands are investigating it as well.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 15, 2017, 10:50 Wallshadows

Looks like the link is down now.

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

News Comments > Wild West Online Early Access
1. Re: Wild West Online Early Access Nov 15, 2017, 10:48 Wallshadows

Comments are disabled for this video.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 13, 2017, 15:52 Wallshadows

Great job at painting a target on your project for a cease and desist letter from Konami.

Just create it in private and be like "whoops, hackers released it" when it's ready.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 11, 2017, 21:08 Wallshadows

Anyone here use Alibaba? I've looked in to it but most things I want say they'll take, like, 40 - 60 days to arrive.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 12 Underway
3. Re: Diablo III Season 12 Underway Nov 11, 2017, 21:07 Wallshadows

Jumped in to PoE but it's not the super-crazy Mayhem event so I might give this a whirl for the week until then. Turmoil is okay and got my guy to 70 but am not happy with the outcome of my character and don't feel like rerolling.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Specs
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 9, 2017, 10:44 Wallshadows

Pepe wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 10:26:
looks legit, those AMD CPU's have what? 40% less IPC then sandy bridge era CPU's yet, are still recommended over those, yeah right.

I really wouldn't read too much in to Frostbite system specs or box specs in general.

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
19. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 14:36 Wallshadows

It'll be interesting when the B and H series boards release for Coffee Lake. The i5-8400 is just too much of a bargain in general even when factoring in the premium costs of a Z series board so imagine how much more appealing it'll be when you can cut back another $30-$40 without having to pay the Ryzen RAM tax.

I mean, in theory anyway. Coffee Lake stock is pretty dismal.

If Zen+ is only going to provide single-digit boosts to IPC and clock speed then they might have to make another round of price adjustments to look more appealing until they can refine and shrink to 7nm with Zen 2.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced
5. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 3, 2017, 17:31 Wallshadows

I need a panel of developers to explain to me how Anduin went from a naive, uncertain boy king to God emperor in such little time. His father rallied him when he picked up Shalamayne but jesus christ dude shows up in a mountain of literal plot armor and is now a bonafide Paladin taking on Sylvanas.

Reminds me of how Yrel went from a student of Velen mining rocks as a slave to High Exarch of the light in like a month.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
1. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 2, 2017, 14:41 Wallshadows

Nvidia is pulling some weird shit strings with this product which would make me want to get the Vega 56 out of principle. Should have just dropped the price of the 1070 by $50 instead but it's not like Nvidia has anything better to do until next year.  

News Comments > AMD on Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on AMD
2. Re: AMD on Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on AMD Nov 2, 2017, 14:36 Wallshadows

AMD folk were losing their shit when we had one Vulkan title on the market and now there's two? God bless us all.  

3679 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo