Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 3962 (Veteran)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020
10. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 17:40 Wallshadows

It's an already wide lake but it sounds like they're really doing what they can to ensure it's deeper than an inch which was easily the weakest part of DL. Beneath the surface it was just very samey and the locations felt too cut and paste especially with the instanced infected zones.

It needs a better modding community too. Would be nice to see community campaigns, weapons and the likes be made instead of being dominated by half-assed parkour maps.

Also, no surprise QTE bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out
6. Re: Path of Exile: Legion Marches Out Jun 7, 2019, 15:59 Wallshadows

Verno wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 15:20:
Hated the melee combat in this game so kinda interested in checking out the overhaul. The graphical overhaul is in the next major version I think but that should be good too, its my biggest complaint with the game. Everything just feels chunky, stiff and poorly animated. If they can polish it and maybe increase league length a bit then it will be perfect.

My dream of a perfect 4.0 is for them to say they're ditching the shitty engine it's built on in favor of something which feels like it's made in this decade. Even Diablo 2 has a better feel to it than PoE in certain parts of the game.

That's really my biggest gripe. Character models which don't look like shit especially when compared to most NPCs would be nice too. I always dread playing the Templar especially when a build I want to play happens to fall under Inquisitor or Heirophant. MTX often looks much, much worse too.

News Comments > Morning Previews
9. Re: Morning Previews May 20, 2019, 15:59 Wallshadows

It's almost like things change over 12 years and some become forgetful or, dare I say, are a new player.

What a bunch of stupid assholes.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2019, 16:36.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2019, 16:10 Wallshadows

Qyburn really outdid himself by using Return of the Living Dead magic on the Mountain instead of the lesser Romero magic.

While it's easy to blame GRRM for taking a thousand years to write a book which allowed the quality of the later seasons to suffer, D&D must have had one hell of a contract if they were able to undermine HBO which wanted 10 seasons and were then able to run the series in to the ground without issue.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 16, 2019, 10:25 Wallshadows

eRe4s3r wrote on May 16, 2019, 07:41:
This entire thing is just hyped up to absurdity to sell more CPU's

I think it has more to do with confidence in Intel rather than being genuinely concerned in regards to MDS. Intel has been riding a wave of damage control ever since Spectre and Meltdown was discovered which was further compounded by the scope of the impact as well as the solutions which can undermine performance especially in older systems.

Just two days ago a new MDS, Zombieload, popped up. Intel's potential solution to this? Tell consumers they may have to disabled Hyper Threading. I'm still sure the chances of being affected are microscopic but this is how far down the rabbit hole Intel has found itself.

I'm not at all concerned about my system getting compromised so I've been more or less ignoring the mitigations but it leaves an incredibly sour taste in my mouth when consumers are asked to pick up the slack because Intel put performance over security whereas AMD has hardware mitigation out of the box and are quickly gaining ground.

... this probably doesn't address the point you were making. Caught myself in a tangent.

News Comments > WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow
12. Re: WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow May 15, 2019, 08:36 Wallshadows

I'm surprised by how much misplaced push back there is not only in regards to how Blizzard finally folded to the pressure of a classic experience but also those who expect more to vanilla than the vanilla experience itself.

Jonjonz wrote on May 15, 2019, 07:07:
I fully expect this to crash and burn, just like every other 'classic' server out there.

I'd argue that Old School RuneScape is far more demanding for players and it's thrived since release several years ago. It has a very populated community, does surpsisingly well with streaming and in spite of looking like a dumpster fire it's showing no signs of slowing down.

I've never played Everquest 1 or 2 so I can't speak as to how well the original servers are doing.

There's also a huge selling point that Classic won't be shut down like all the other private servers. Peace of mind for $15.

I'm sure Classic will have an initial surge of players and will eventually settle in to a niche community. I doubt that it'll ever come near Live numbers even when we look at how bad BfA is doing.

Kxmode wrote on May 15, 2019, 06:36:
Also looking forward to the original Alterac Valley and the opening of the Ahn Qiraj gate world event. Those remain my absolute favorite moments in WOW.

Sort of original Alterac Valley. It'll be using the 1.12 version which has a fair share of improvements such as the graveyard placement but also removed npcs.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2019, 09:11.

News Comments > Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned
3. Re: Apex Legends Piggy-Backing Bans Planned May 12, 2019, 15:55 Wallshadows

These guys get it.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Roadmap
6. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap May 12, 2019, 15:53 Wallshadows

Creston wrote on May 12, 2019, 14:37:
A roadmap is apparently the new thing in gaming.

It's not an inherently evil scheme since it can definitely serve a purpose providing it's not acting as life-support for a game which is dead on arrival. It would be especially nice if those expansions are actual expansions rather than tacked on DLC which can be finished within an hour but I won't hold my breath.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding May 10, 2019, 16:22 Wallshadows

"Give us money so we can go inside the nuclear power plant"

That's one hell of a sales pitch. I'll back this. First time for everything I suppose.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive
34. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive May 10, 2019, 16:09 Wallshadows

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on May 10, 2019, 10:52:
I guess, but why? Ubisoft has their own storefront? Is Walmart going to start selling exclusive cookware at Target next?

My first taste of the Epic Store was when I bought The Division 2. I installed it from the Epic Store and went through the hoops of signing in to the Ubisoft client only to be given the option to install the game rather than play it. Even when I directed the installer to the folder which had the install from the Epic Store it failed to recognize it as would be the case with Steam.

Had to install it a second time from the Ubisoft client and the game is something like 45GB. If this was on my old connection it would have taken me several days and I'm sure there were a bunch who did have to take a bite out of that turd sandwich.

I don't know if this is just an Epic issue though since that was the first time I bought and booted up a Ubisoft game in a long time. Was a aggravating lesson to be learned in any case.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 7, 2019, 11:21 Wallshadows

If Randall was a good magician he'd find a way to make himself disappear.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2019, 11:33.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2019, 15:54 Wallshadows

I gave Mordhau a try but it really wasn't good for my blood pressure.  

News Comments > Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives
4. Re: Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives Apr 25, 2019, 10:38 Wallshadows

Both the hostage taker and the negotiator!  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 22, 2019, 16:44 Wallshadows

Creston wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 14:21:
Different as in MOAR AWESOME?!

Or different as in "This needs to be able to run on the pile of underpowered horseshit that is an Xbox One, and so we had to cut 9000 features and it now looks like a game from 2005?"

They're just going to change around some Witcher 3 assets featuring Geralt of Futuria.

News Comments > Anduin Wrynn Joining Heroes of the Storm?
2. Re: Anduin Wrynn Joining Heroes of the Storm? Apr 22, 2019, 16:07 Wallshadows

Ah, the Wesley Crusher Syndrome character of video games.  

News Comments > Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem
25. Re: Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem Apr 21, 2019, 16:40 Wallshadows

Is this what it looks like when someone prepares their golden parachute?  

News Comments > Path of Exile Melee Change Plans
7. Re: Re: Path of Exile Melee Change Plans Apr 16, 2019, 09:23 Wallshadows

Kxmode wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 00:40:
This sounds eerily like what Blizzard did with WOW over the years. There's a reason Path of Exile is enjoyed by many. It's a HARD game to play that is brutal after level 90. It's a niche game for people who like this style of play. To rock that formula they risk alienating their core fans.

You're not wrong but the changes they intend to make for melee have been asked for for some time and widely received as beneficial for the health of the game due to the massive disparity melee has against, say, casters. As it stands now there's no reason to roll melee unless you intentionally want to play with a huge handicap which continues to grow over each league. It doesn't help that you need to take a calculus class in order to understand the leech mechanic which keeps getting nerfed.

If anything, this will greatly improve the experience for everyone and will create much more diversity.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November
3. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November Apr 13, 2019, 15:25 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Apr 13, 2019, 15:24:
with no multiplayer and no microtransactions

Wait, I don't get it. How will they get any sales with no multiplayer, or make any money with no MTs??

They're inventing the macro transaction!

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November
1. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November Apr 13, 2019, 15:21 Wallshadows

It's a shame that Visceral had to get canned before EA decided to walk back their ridiculous claim about single-player games. Rubbing salt on the wound since it's also a Star Wars game.

ďAs we kept reviewing the game, it continued to look like a much more linear game [which] people donít like as much today as they did five years ago or ten years ago,Ē Jorgensen said.

Jorgensen went on to say Visceralís Star Wars game was aiming to do big, revolutionary things but ultimately the road map for the project didnít look financially viable for the future, which was why it had to end.

ďIt was an economic decision at the end of the day,Ē Jorgensen concludes.

Seeing as how it's due out in November you have to wonder if this is the very game Visceral was working on which would be even more awful.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Gets Survival Mode Beta
2. Re: Fallout 76 Gets Survival Mode Beta Mar 26, 2019, 20:53 Wallshadows

So basically the finished version.  

3962 Comments. 199 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo