Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for phinn

Real Name phinn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname phinn
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 26, 2008, 17:14
Total Comments 198 (Novice)
User ID 50002

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2020, 16:05 phinn

Windows 10 must have issues on what, older computers? My 3 year old home built PC has never had a problem updating to the latest version.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > What is DOOM Eternal? Trailer

3. Re: What is DOOM Eternal? Trailer Feb 17, 2020, 16:04 phinn

Game looks amazing, can't wait to see how smooth and responsive this feels on my 144Hz monitor.  

News Comments > Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Offline

11. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Offline Feb 17, 2020, 14:40 phinn

The name of this game is pretty terrible, but the game looks good. Once they fix the servers I'll give it a shot.  

News Comments > The Witcher TV Series Causes Huge Game Sales Bump

3. Re: The Witcher TV Series Causes Huge Game Sales Bump Feb 17, 2020, 11:56 phinn

I've always spent my time in the Soulsborne series (played the hell out of all 6 of them thus far) so didn't spend much time in The Witcher series yet. I must admit the resurgence with the show had me playing TW3 again too.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 14, 2020, 10:21 phinn

Red XIII!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2020, 15:54 phinn

Personally I wouldn't touch a PC game under 60fps. Ever since I got my 144Hz monitor a couple years ago it's so much smoother and more responsive than I prefer around 120fps as my minimum. Especially for competitive shooters like PUBG.  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2020, 11:11 phinn

Decimates 14nm? Who cares if no one can own one. Where the hell are Intel's 10nm Desktop CPUs?  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 6, 2020, 11:14 phinn

I heard the i9-10900K is going to need around 300W at full load. Intel is so pathetic right now with power consumption when they used to be a world leader. Global climate change exists and they keep increasing TDP.  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Coming to Steam with Free Expansion

21. Re: Fallout 76 Coming to Steam with Free Expansion Feb 5, 2020, 14:43 phinn

Dear Bethesda, what news of Elder Scrolls VI?  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers

6. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Feb 4, 2020, 09:31 phinn

Caslon wrote on Feb 3, 2020, 22:45:
Not having bought a new game in years, just when is it time to update? No doubt if something goes wrong. Any reason to if all is ok? Benefits with windows 10, etc.? Must be at least 5 years now since I last updated.

Nvidia has added a lot of great features lately like a huge amount of FreeSync monitors supported (not just requiring their G-sync module for adaptive sync anymore), G-Sync/FreeSync over HDMI in addition to DP, FPS limiter, newer Vulkan features, integer scaling, and of course the typical bug fixes, security fixes, performance improvements, etc.

But yea if you're on an old PC with old games then I guess you don't need to upgrade. Using latest drivers runs great on my Win10/ GTX 1080 box though.

News Comments > Users Savage Warcraft III: Reforged

39. Re: Users Savaging Warcraft III: Reforged Feb 3, 2020, 08:32 phinn

It's because all of the competent devs left at Blizzard are busy putting their heart and souls into Diablo 4.

One can hope.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization

2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 2, 2020, 13:00 phinn

Gaming on a laptop instead of a home built rig lol  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2020, 13:28 phinn

If I can sell my 3 year old GTX 1080 and get a mid-range RTX 3070 with the performance of the RTX 2080 Ti (with the usual next-gen/new hardware features of course) for $500 then next-gen will be outstanding for me. Really looking forward to seeing what Nvidia does with TSMC 7nm in 6 months or whenever.

That'll probably be the time to replace my Benq 1080p/144Hz monitor with a 27GL83A-B too.

News Comments > Dead Cells: The Bad Seed Next Month

6. Re: Dead Cells: The Bad Seed Next Month Jan 30, 2020, 14:43 phinn

Prez wrote on Jan 30, 2020, 10:23:
PHJF wrote on Jan 30, 2020, 08:54:
I always get confused when the 'Roguelike' vs. 'Roguelite' discussion pops up. Does a game have to be everything Rogue was short of using Ascii characters to be classified as a roguelike?

I think they just call it Roguelite because when you die and start over you keep weapon and outfits unlocks. It's not much, but it's not 'purely' Roguelike because of that.

FWIW Dead Cells is one of the best 2D style side scrollers I've ever played, up there with Symphony of the Night and Super Metroid if not better because of the randomness and awesome combat, although the setting is certainly less interesting.

News Comments > Sunday Multiplex

3. Re: etc. Jan 28, 2020, 10:24 phinn

deqer wrote on Jan 26, 2020, 18:54:
This guy ruined doom.

No idea what you mean, Doom is better than ever. Whoever designed this new extremely obtrusive neon HUD that even highlights demons should should be fired immediately though.

News Comments > Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor

5. Re: Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor Jan 24, 2020, 11:28 phinn

There is no reason to remake/reboot KOTOR. It should be a sequel. Kotor and Kotor2 are still perfectly playable and there is even the awesome TSLRCM to fix things.

They should be making KOTOR 3 not wasting our time with another reboot.

News Comments > Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor

1. Re: Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor Jan 24, 2020, 10:24 phinn

Yet another remake/reboot what kinda garbage is this? Ffs make KOTOR 3.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 24, 2020, 10:09 phinn

Had no idea Intel helped out Linux so much in terms of that commit count, that's pretty cool.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Previews

29. Re: DOOM Eternal Previews Jan 21, 2020, 20:42 phinn

UI looks terrible in this new one, neon colors, low health fade out plus a text bar in middle, low ammo test bar, ugh there is just crap everywhere now.  

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 21, 2020, 14:49 phinn

Definitely planning on selling my GTX 1080 and getting an RTX 3070.  

198 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >