Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 737 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Mesa Delayed
22. Re: Black Mesa Delayed Nov 27, 2017, 01:37 Nucas

Capitan wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 13:48:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 09:57:
Capitan wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 02:23:
Pity that they didn't use a newer game engine for this. It looks they try to push the last ompf out of the good ol GoldSrc?
The Steam version is on a new engine and is not on GoldSrc. It is running on a branch of the TF2 Source engine.

Ok, my bad. But still it looks as something released 10 years ago,

whatever you say, dude; if nothing else, at least you're still getting some enjoyment from the project, even if it comes from simply swinging around your super stylin' jaded-negativity hard-on.

i thought black mesa was fun when i played it and i'm looking forward to seeing what they did with xen. the original levels were shit (i usually just noclip-cruised through them) and they displayed a stunning lack of imagination. everything i've seen gives me cause for positivity but it's also been like 10 years and i admit i don't really ever spend time thinking about the game. i've got it chalked up as a potential pleasant surprise if ever they get around to actually wrapping it up.

slipping two dates (that i suspect they only even announced because they felt internally they needed pressure to actually finish the project) doesn't bode well but there was obviously progress made so i guess i'm just back to not caring either way personally.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Black Mesa Delayed
11. Re: Black Mesa Delayed Nov 25, 2017, 22:31 Nucas

why even bother with the release dates? i still remember the words "do or die" applied to the december release date when the august date slipped. maybe they felt they needed a push?  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
19. Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 24, 2017, 02:30 Nucas

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 15:38:
The “Labor of Love” Award
Black Mesa

i'm dreaming of a xen christmas.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2017, 01:54 Nucas

i missed it too, so here's a happy birthday from me blue. keep on truckin' mandingha.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2017, 12:38 Nucas

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 09:59:
It's a shame Pirro didn't find an oil slick.
The Global Journal of Addiction and Rehabilitation Medicine even made her associate editor.
who's a good dog

jesus christ if i were driving that fast i'd have had my license seized and car towed on the spot and been arrested.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Revealed
10. Re: Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Revealed Nov 21, 2017, 12:35 Nucas

Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 10:38:
Always been a great fan of NWN but never played Hordes of the Underdark. As the Drizzt novels fan that I am today, I can't wait to give that expansion a shot! Doesn't that expansion bring you to Menzoberranzan?

hordes of the underdark was one of the best releases of old bioware in my opinion. it's really good; it should have been the main campaign. excellent soundtrack by jeremy soule too, some of his best work of that decade.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2017, 00:09 Nucas

El Pit wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 16:12:
For the wonderful Sharon Tate, her unborn baby, her friends, and all other victims: rest in piss, Manson. Face down.

i always got the vibe from manson (especially that stupid "i'm no one" interview with all the silly faces) that i got from the edgy loser kids in high school trying super hard to freak other people out to leverage some kind of power over them, any goddamn kind of tenuous emotional power to feel less pathetic. he really was just a worthless sack of piss, not in the least frightening, just a net negative on the human race.

i admittedly get this vibe a lot when they put spree killers in front of cameras; that little douche who dyed his hair and shot up a movie theater gives it to me too: the aura of a bullied high school pussy who finally got a gun in his hand.

just rambling, i guess. i just always hated the bullshit mystique the media crafts around these fucking clowns.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 11:57 Nucas

so ben affleck is batman but only in "the official dc movies", and they want to make more batman movies, but with a different guy?  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2017, 00:17 Nucas

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 16:53:
Hmm, I remember "The Thing" being okay, but the greatest horror film ever? Then again, I've never really been a horror movie person. That said, I think I'd have to give "The Shining" my GOAT tag. I'll set the DVR to catch "The Thing" next time it is on, and get a refresher...

john carpenter's greatest contribution to comedy horror was Ghosts of Mars; i highly recommend it. just not for money. bring beer.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2017, 13:42 Nucas

coincidentally, i just got into the history of world war 1, a period of time i've never really been interested in. i picked up a copy of The Guns of August for some reason last month and, though it was a terrible book (i've never read a "history" that reduced historical figures to such utter, buffoonish caricatures in my life) it was a spring board into the wider historiography of the war.

to invoke christopher clark here, it was always easy to imagine the run-up to war as some edwardian costume drama. the effete rituals and gaudy uniforms, the ornamentalism of a world still largely organized around hereditary monarchy had a distancing effect. the presumption asserts itself that if the actors hats had gaudy green ostrich feathers on them, then their thoughts and motivations probably did too, so to speak.

it's gotten me pretty excited for that german show netflix is bringing to market next month, Babylon Berlin, a noir-ish crime drama set during the Weimar Republic.

News Comments > Get Watch_Dogs for Free
7. Re: Get Watch_Dogs for Free Nov 7, 2017, 01:29 Nucas

i thought watch dogs was a great time. i enjoyed the campaign quite a bit, there was good mission variety and i found the story engaging. it's been a hit with the friends of mine who've played it also.

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 21:01:
The game that runs like crap on any PC, no matter how beefy! I got it on Steam sale last year and my PC won't even run it at a decent fps, even though it way exceeds the recommended specs.

that's unusual. i didn't know anyone with problems running it; i myself ran it on high settings on my i7-860 with a gtx 770 4gb, hardly cutting edge.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2017, 04:09 Nucas

Verno wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 09:55:
Leah was pretty bad but I always loathed Maghda in that game. A silly butterfly lady who exists only to annoy me to death with hamfisted plot exposition and Saturday morning cartoon laughter? What a compelling villain MWUA HA HA HA HA.

Blizzard's writers were never exactly stellar but things really took a nosedive in that game.

god help me, i don't know why, but i loved the lore and storyline of diablo 3 and reaper of souls, slapdash and lackadaisical as it is. there's so much revision, so many retcons, it's just college-level writing but fuck if i didn't buy the lore books and everything.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: We May Not Have Enough Minerals To Even Meet Electric Car Demand. Nov 2, 2017, 01:18 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 19:11:
Nucas wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 13:32:
global resources strained to breaking amid infinite growth economics pipe dream, more at 11. but first, here's more on this year's new fucking iphone we built with precious, finite minerals ripped from the earth's crust and designed for you to throw in the fucking garbage next october!

I think that most of those are recycled, and the rare earth metals extracted for reuse.

why you gotta harsh my gloom with that sunny disposition of yours

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 2, 2017, 01:16 Nucas

there's nothing that disgusts me more than being tethered, nay, chained, to my phone via my 300 dollar earbuds. i'm always grateful to phone companies for attempting to release me from this bondage.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. We May Not Have Enough Minerals To Even Meet Electric Car Demand. Nov 1, 2017, 13:32 Nucas

global resources strained to breaking amid infinite growth economics pipe dream, more at 11. but first, here's more on this year's new fucking iphone we built with precious, finite minerals ripped from the earth's crust and designed for you to throw in the fucking garbage next october!  

News Comments > Outcast – Second Contact Next Month
2. Re: Outcast – Second Contact Next Month Oct 26, 2017, 22:58 Nucas

i'm going to be very curious to see how this has aged. i haven't played the original since it released back in 99. i remember thinking even then how cheesy it was.. not often in the best ways.

i also always thought cutter slade was black..? huh.

also this post is Blue in top form

News Comments > Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free
4. Re: Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free Oct 25, 2017, 00:05 Nucas

it didn't feel short to me so much as it felt like it simply stopped, plot threads not just left dangling, but slashed and left blowing in the wind. and by some accounts, we'll never get a conclusion.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2017, 01:20 Nucas

reddit has been absolutely losing its mind for a day or two over manveer heir giving an interview slagging off bioware and EA for their microtransaction bullshit and so on.

i do find it hilarious. this was the guy who's race-baiting tweeting bullshit was being held up as the example of "SJW culture" destroying bioware like 6 months ago on reddit, day in and day out, now being feted. i presume he's only even doing this because he torpedoed his videogames career already with his retarded public conduct.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 24, 2017, 01:17 Nucas

isn't that essential phone locked to sprint? i assume this means there's no GSM functionality. shame.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Oct 23, 2017, 11:55 Nucas

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 11:36:
I swear I heard this a decade ago-ish.
almost 2. all started in earnest with the rise of quake 3, unreal tournament and MMOs.

737 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo