Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2016, 10:24 Nucas

Everybody, this is Ted and Annette Fleming! Ted has a small carpet cleaning business in receivership; Annette's drawing a salary from a deferred bonus from two years ago! They got fifteen thousand left on the house at eight percent.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Top Five
11. Re: Green Man Gaming Top Five Feb 29, 2016, 22:34 Nucas

Quinn wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 16:52:
Jagacademy wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 11:24:
nin wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 10:24:
At least people are buying Superhot...

Some people are reporting playing through the entire game in barely over an hour. I don't care how revolutionary the game is, the developers were lazy for including so little content. I'll pick it up when it's $3.

1 hour playthrough. No textures. Superhot.

well people kind of knew what they were getting into with it. red guys, bare levels and a gameplay gimmick. i mean how many ways are there to stage enemies, you know? i have seen some really ridiculous challenge recordings. if you like trials and leaderboards this is the game for you.

i got it for 12 dollars on g2a last night, it's not bad. i wish there was more to it but i can't think of what that could be. i'll admit i'm not crazy about the art style but it's distinct, that's for sure.

37. Re: @midnight trump insults Feb 29, 2016, 22:09 Nucas

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 13:19:
Creston wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 10:12:
I will vote for any presidential candidate who promises to fire 99% of Congress.
Many of our Presidents probably would have done that, if they could have -- neither can anyone who gets elected in 2016.

Our government is so dysfunctional now I'm not sure how we fix it. But somehow electing Trump doesn't seem like a step in the right direction...

by electing new congressmen, basically. the largest voting bloc is baby boomers (and even they don't turn out in the droves they normally do) but they run the show and they re-elect the same people, over and over. back in the 2014 midterms voter turnout was only 35%. that's nationally embarrassing. millennial turnout was 19%. meanwhile congress's approval rating is 5%.

consider mitch mcconnell, a career politician that's done nothing but shit all over the democratic process for 8 years and he continues to cruise into re-election and people grouse that "nothing changes". no shit.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
15. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 29, 2016, 01:16 Nucas

jimnms wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 23:57:
The worst, IMO, is Lonesome Road. To me it just doesn't fit.

i agree with most of your commentary but i liked the desolation of lonesome road, and the finale was memorable. your observations were pretty sharp, though; i recall an interview with chris avellone i read recently (damn chrome's 90 day history) where he mentioned that they had a total DLC budget that they blew through on the first DLCs, leaving them with meager time and resources on lonesome road, which is why it's so.. minimal, and why stuff sometimes doesn't make any goddamn sense.

i guess i've always just had a skewed vision of what the fallout-verse is like because i always thought old world blues was just beyond retarded. it wasn't bad but the whole time i was thinking about how dumb it all was.

my gripe with NV on the whole is that they go out of their way to make sure the player knows "everything is fucked, forever". like with the tunnelers and their "imminent threat to everything" and various other things. i just found it kind of "bleak for it's own sake".

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 28, 2016, 20:40 Nucas

probably shitty of me but i have no desire to go anywhere near this game. cancer is pretty likely to kill you or someone you love if it hasn't already. why make yourself feel like shit playing a game about watching someone's child die, just wait a while and you'll experience it firsthand.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2016, 20:23 Nucas

1badmf wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:44:
MajorD wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 13:41:
Quboid wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 12:51:
rudra wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 12:41:
havent seen Fury Road - i heard that Mad Max is more of a side character compared to Charlize Theron, who is the main... it sounds fucked up

It's about Max's role in someone else's story in a similar way to Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome.

You guys have it all wrong, it was all about the guitar player.

amen to that. that dude pretty much embodied the whole film.

i also thought revenant was overrated. i wasn't wowed by it or leo's acting. in fact, i thought it wasn't even the best film in its genre. the liam neeson film, The Grey, i thought was far superior and that gets no recognition at all.

i was thinking the same thing; or "the hunted" with benicio del toro and tommy lee jones. but the grey really is a different kind of movie; bleak, harsh. roger ebert said in his review it gave him such a pit in his stomach he walked out of the next movie he was watching.

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 18:00:
Come on over to the "doom uncut" thread and witness some amazing line of thought. Someone just claimed that if you're Pakistani and a Muslim, you can't be a racist.

man what a mess that is. you gave me some good advice years ago about just hitting ignore and forgetting about it. many people don't want to change their minds, they just want everyone to know how right they are.

News Comments > Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover
22. Re: Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover Feb 26, 2016, 17:18 Nucas

Kxmode wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 15:30:
Task wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 13:31:
Guyz, isn't Corporatism just great!? Some cutt throat man or woman Corporate a-hole just can't get enough of money.

Vivindi has a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to show growth and profitability by any means necessary within the constraints of law. In the case of "the lesser of two evils" from an investor point of view I would side with Vivindi.

from a consumer point of view i would support maximum diversity in parent companies. consolidating development of titles under fewer roofs strikes me as bad in many ways. competition is supposed to be the central tenet of the sacred organism called capitalism after all.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2016, 02:18 Nucas

Tom wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 18:46:
I saw auto-playing video ads on here on my phone the other day and was like ... ok, that's it, I'm done trying to browse this site on my phone. It was a nice read during lunch or whatever but I'll stick with a reddit app instead. Not only do the video ads make everything slower, but I only get 500MB of cellular data per month and having that wasted by stupid video ads is not acceptable.

In case anyone is wondering what kind of crappy phone I have that can't do ad-blocking ... it's a Windows Phone, Lumia 1020. Great camera and phone functionality, but that's about all it's got going for it at this point. The app situation is abysmal. Even Skype, owned by Microsoft for FIVE YEARS NOW, still runs like utter crap on it. But I digress.

have you tried an rss reader? nextgen reader (links with feedly) or weave were solid on windows phone as i recall. i mean if you're not going to read the site at all why not? convenient regardless, getting everything in one place for quick browsing. get it set up with nextgen and you're good to go for desktop too via feedly, or if you switch to iphone/android where feedly has a great presence.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2016, 15:25 Nucas

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 14:52:
So, something's gone terribly wrong with bluesnews and my phone. The page refuses to load more than the first 3 or so entries, and the safari locks up. This is not a constant thing, it's every 2 or 3 times I check, so it's likely an ad that's doing something so confusing to my phone that it locks up the browser.
This is the third time or so that an ad has caused me issues, but the previous ones were looping App Store redirects. Sorry, but I'm now running the ad blocker browser, and surprise, zero issues. I don't mind the ads displaying, they're what supports this site. But when those ads directly keep me from seeing the content...well, the ads lose.

i sometimes get hangs on chrome on my desktop when it loads the video ads. i usually have to block ads to type replies then unblock. i guess there's no such middle ground on mobile.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2016, 12:24 Nucas

ahh you guys have that crazy weather last night also blue? i'm on the coast and we had tornado warnings and big wind gusts all day. some of the roads close to the beach were closed for flooding.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2016, 03:10 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 02:32:
Blue wrote on Feb 24, 2016, 20:07:
Redwood wrote on Feb 24, 2016, 17:32
test is 20! We're so old. I think it was just the month before that I upgraded to a Pentium 166MHz, for an obscene amount of money. Just in time for Qtest though! [/quote:

I still remember marveling at those low-poly models. The future had arrived.

It's strange that E:D and SC look better than the pre-rendered stuff in Babylon 5. Technology man, like, wow.

i thought about that a lot when i played fallout 4. back in the day in fallout 1, i wanted to be able to look around and wander so bad and thought i'd never see the day.

and still such a ways to go when i think about it. i saw people saying "man we're getting close to photo-realism" about that uncharted 4 trailer and i still remember hearing the same thing about q2test!

News Comments > Hitman Cinematic; Live Component Detailed
4. Re: Hitman Cinematic; Live Component Detailed Feb 25, 2016, 03:00 Nucas

Task wrote on Feb 24, 2016, 18:26:
How much time is limited to 'elusive' contracts however, in real-time they say anywhere between an hour or beyond. If its limited, there wouldn't be a whole lot of time to plan the most elaborate kill like the old hitman games.

i rather like the sound of more fluid kills. i always wanted to like hitman but the game ultimately felt like a puzzle game to me - and the core mechanic is reloading a save.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Quantum Break
12. Re: Gone Gold - Quantum Break Feb 22, 2016, 02:10 Nucas

Flo wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 02:55:
Nucas wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 02:04:
i was stoked about this until i found out it was windows store only. unfortunately being a windows store app means:

no fullscreen exclusive
no vsync options, vsync always on
no sli/crossfire support
can't launch it from the exe, so no steam overlay support
no mods or sweetfx

comparing it to GFWL isn't hyperbole, windows 10 store is honestly worse.

What are you talking about? I think the exe has similar DRM to steam. Got some proof? I found this: https://goo.gl/TrflTZ
Nvidia Inspector for Rise of the Tomb Raider seems to have the same problem on Win Store and Steam but can be fixed if you read through this thread.

it's nothing to do with drm. if anyone managed to pirate the game it would have the same limitations. anything sold on the windows store must be a 'windows app', built with the uwp framework and running inside appcontainer. rise of the tomb raider had all the above limitations, so do the fable legends closed beta and minecraft w10 edition - and so i expect will quantum break.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews Feb 22, 2016, 01:45 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2016, 13:41:
Yes, yes, we get it already all white men are the epitome of evil and everything wrong in the Universe. Rolleyes

uhh yeah that's what the article was about. the girls don't actually feel that way. they were mad the interviews were cut down to negative commentary only, and spun into another "GAMING'S DARK SIDE" fluff piece

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2016, 13:24 Nucas

i really wish we had the option here of different internet providers. the only choice in this area began throttling primetime youtube and netflix traffic a month or two ago. they went so overboard with it a few days ago that while the sites were loading fine, the videos just timed out forcing me to finally set up a vpn on all my devices to use the services i already pay to access.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Quantum Break
5. Re: Gone Gold - Quantum Break Feb 20, 2016, 02:04 Nucas

i was stoked about this until i found out it was windows store only. unfortunately being a windows store app means:

no fullscreen exclusive
no vsync options, vsync always on
no sli/crossfire support
can't launch it from the exe, so no steam overlay support
no mods or sweetfx

comparing it to GFWL isn't hyperbole, windows 10 store is honestly worse.

News Comments > More SEGA Freebies
12. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Launches Feb 19, 2016, 12:31 Nucas

Pundit Guy wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 10:13:
007Bistromath wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 10:10:
I'm guessing after that they'll want a urine sample and a notarized statement that Sega are legally empowered to administer corporal punishment if you attempt to engage the official Sonic twitter account in erotic roleplay.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

i'm doing my part!

Would you like to know more?

News Comments > More SEGA Freebies
8. Re: More SEGA Freebies Feb 19, 2016, 00:29 Nucas

Ant wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 23:56:
I still haven't gotten my key from signing up with its required mailing list.

me neither. i guess this is that one time they say 24 hours and really really mean it.

looking forward to firing up condemned. what a game! nothing quite like it on combat and atmosphere.

News Comments > The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards
9. Re: The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards Feb 18, 2016, 03:41 Nucas

Steele Johnson wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 01:22:
Is this game still nothing but spamming your weapon like a 2003 arcady shooter? I saw a couple gameplay videos a few months back and it was nothing but bullet spraying with players and npcs barely taking damage.

until you level up and loot better gear. it's supposed to be rpg-esque.

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
36. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 18, 2016, 02:00 Nucas

DangerDog wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 16:21:
There are mods that turn off the weapons breaking and the infinite enemy spawns for SS2, makes it much more enjoyable.

The real ending to SS2 was lost I believe to a hard drive crash and the one they ended up putting in the game was a last minute hack.

i remember that, but ken levine claims someone made the wrong ending cinematic requiring rewrites. which doesn't make any real sense since it was just animated and rendered in engine.

it's actually funny reading his claims about this very different game they had planned when considering bioshock. he had a chance to make a whole new game and then didn't just make a game like system shock 2, he made a game that was system shock 2. the same isolated environment, the same characters, the same story beats and exact same villain reveal, the same mediocre gunplay and psi powers-- i mean, plasmids, the hacking, etc etc. just dumbed down a notch for console tards and more plot beats pushed into the background with audio logs.

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo