Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 685 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2017, 01:28 Nucas

El Pit wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 10:39:
LOL! After Crystal Pepsi, now we get Meth 7Up! Coca Cola has always been Coke, so...

i'm actually kind of sad i missed out on crystal pepsi and new coke, but from what i've heard crystal pepsi just tasted the same and new coke tasted like pepsi.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Interactive Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 05:42 Nucas

Sempai wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 20:14:
While I agree with you to a point, the troubling part is publishers now requiring their development houses to shove this stuff into their projects, which then forces the dev to balance everything around transactions and loot boxes.

that's really not a foregone conclusion. mankind divided's devs stated the game was designed without microtransactions in mind, and it's pretty clear that is so when you play the game.

but i don't think shadow of war is going to turn out that way. this game has slowly gone from a must-buy to a wait-and-see for me. there's a clear attempt to streamline and normalize purchases in-game.

one-time-use DLC orcs you buy from a goblin hungrily rubbing his hands together was just a bridge too far for me. it's almost comically meta.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2017, 05:06 Nucas

kill net neutrality and get it over with. i'm sick of the political kabuki, and millennials thinking they're actually going to stop the unelected officials at the FCC from doing what trump hired them to do.

let the metering, bandwidth throttling and price hikes begin.

The FCC seems dead set on killing net neutrality, but they have to answer to Congress, and Congress has to answer to us, their constituents, said Evan Greer, campaign director for Fight for the Future

sure. too bad you can't get millennials engaged with boring midterm voting. i'm sure the enraged thread on reddit will have a lot of upvotes though.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 04:36 Nucas

i've wanted to play a 'modern take' on the normandy landings pretty much every year for about 15 years now, so i was probably going to buy this game no matter what else it did.
i've never played a call of duty title online in my life.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2017, 21:25 Nucas

Dash wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 02:56:
You mean, way back, before all the current garbage started up, and people didn't pay attention to the characters as long as they were well-written, and not some checkbox in a diversity spreadsheet? Everything nowadays is suspect to agenda, where as before, it was 'whatever'.

"if a character is female it's because a 'diversity checkbox' is getting ticked, because the default setting for a character is male. except for games i grew up playing, they don't count."

come on, do you really not see what you're doing? where is this avalanche of games you're getting buried under being jammed full of 'unnecessary females'? why does there need to be a criteria to justify any character being anything? that's dumb.

i remember when dontnod was pitching Life is Strange, nobody wanted to publish it unless the characters were switched to boys. this is the reality of videogames, not your nightmare dystopia where there are female and minority characters in the videogames that don't deserve to be!!

News Comments > Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released
8. Re: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released Sep 15, 2017, 16:23 Nucas

this is 20% off at green man gaming for anyone considering it.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 15, 2017, 02:32 Nucas

if you listened to the other albums, i thought it was just as good as rise of iron.

i hate to say it but i've liked the music salvatore and the others have been producing better now that martin o'donnell is gone. i very rarely revist the original destiny album, but that could also be because it's like 3 fuckin' hours long and so little stands out as remarkable.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2017, 02:26 Nucas

Beamer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 22:43:
The word literally means inferior black people. You can say it without being racist, but saying it is racist. It's de facto racism.

Just don't get how libertarians and GamerGaters argue this. And, honestly, why does intent matter? If you call a kid the n word on Xbox Live, he doesn't have the ability to dive deep into your psyche and see if you're racist or not, he just knows you're calling him racist things.

they think they're pushing back against encroaching (((progressives))).

it really reminds me of the way american christians fuss like they're being persecuted by gays and atheists and use the pretense to keep "pushing back" with more and more christian sharia law; ban gay marriage, install religious monuments in government buildings, etc.

like, you guys are the majority. don't you get it?

i like to imagine what the reaction would be if classic titles like half life 2 or system shock 2 were released today. "good game except for the typical SJW bullshit jammed down our throats, like did one of the main characters need to be a half black half asian female?? get this shit out of my games sjws."

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
14. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 15, 2017, 02:17 Nucas

NKD wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 00:20:
Star Citizen is the Trump University of gaming.

i think we'll probably get squadron 42, which is really all i care about.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 10, 2017, 14:29 Nucas

stormlands getting canceled is in effect what gave us pillars of eternity since obsidian's back was so hard against the wall.

i note this is yet another obsidian retrospective this week. i've seen 6 or 7 interviews or retrospectives so far. that black isle look back and je sawyer interview at usgamer, alpha protocol and stormlands at eurogamer, feargus urquhart and the lead designer of tyranny at RPS.

i'm wondering if this is the prelude to some new IP announcement or something.

edit: ah ha, at the bottom of the article

Currently, however, Obsidian's hands are full, the 175-person studio occupied across four and a half projects: the Tyranny expansion, Pillars of Eternity 2, a small Pathfinder card game, a small idea the studio is "spinning up" and a considerable something else. And I'll tell you a bit more about that next week as well.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Sep 7, 2017, 00:12 Nucas

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 21:54:
Ajit Pai is such a fucking twatwaffle. Yeah, MAGA everybody!! Let's hear it for slower Internet speeds!! That'll show everyone how innovative and productive we are!!

well, it's good for business! you don't want to hamstring american business, do you? commie?

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 6, 2017, 02:42 Nucas

this project's whole premise appears to be "what if you suddenly woke up in the world Zdislaw Beksinski made paintings of?" and it is really, really scratching an itch i didn't know i had.

the way this game is being funded is kind of weird.. they say they had a 'financial partnership' with humble bundle (and apparently they signed some kind of publishing agreement with them about 6 months ago), but they just need more money to "polish the game" for another year?

that said, it's a solid looking pitch, and it looks poised to cruise right into its goal. i might have to back this project myself, it's just too wild looking not to and 17 clams ain't bad.

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month
23. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month Sep 4, 2017, 02:27 Nucas

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 01:47:
It was over as soon as the first server locked game appeared. All the stupid bullshit exists because there is no free market in our world.

i mean, i guess. they definitely started taking more liberties in the mid 2000s, with "limited game activations"and so on.

but really you can say "it was all over" the first time someone bought any game with a EULA. this industry has always tried to make it clear to users they're paying money for a license, not buying a product. they've just gotten better at holding the leash.

News Comments > Songbringer Released
9. Re: Songbringer Released Sep 4, 2017, 01:55 Nucas

saluk wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 11:44:
Whereas for me, that's like my dream game. It's never been done well. Binding of Isaac was more bullet hell than zelda. And the theme was not very appealing, although it had character. The best version of this idea right now I can think of are the rom randomizers for the old zelda games, but I'd love to play a new game intentionally designed for that. I'm not sure about this game though. It has a trying too hard to be edgy vibe that's kinda rubbing me the wrong way. I'm still willing to give it a shot, if I remember it the next time I'm buying a new game.

Which, sure, isn't that likely.

honestly you're probably right. i should really be less cynical about these things. i guess this is the chance indie devs take when they jump in a saturated market with buzzword features, people are going to pre-judge and put their product in a box. i'll have to watch this one for a sale, too. if nothing else, it sure is a looker.

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Postmortem
4. Re: Black Isle Studios Postmortem Sep 4, 2017, 01:48 Nucas

definitely. sometimes i think i'm just being nostalgic but when i objectively step back and just look at the titles released from 97 through 2000, it really was just an absolute avalanche of groundbreaking titles, many of which still stand their ground today. i guess it makes sense, it really was the wild west back then, everyone was trying to push forward technology and try new gameplay conventions, whole genres were born. and i guess the publishing scene hadn't yet been monopolized. or i don't know, maybe i am just talking out of my ass, i can't pretend to be impartial.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2017, 02:49 Nucas

bigspender wrote on Sep 2, 2017, 23:24:
Obesity report: One-third of U.S. adults are beyond overweight.

Easy and effortless fix. Eat yourself thin

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1008343.Foods_That_Cause_You_to_Lose_Weight

https://www.amazon.com/Starch-Solution-Regain-Health-Weight/dp/1623360277

Worked for me
Coincidentally cures heart-disease, erectile dysfunction and diabetes too. It's so simple you'll facepalm yourself :-)

mate, that's mostly bullshit. the negative calorie food thing is so bunk even livestrong manages to get it right. that book was written by a psychiatrist, not a dietician.

for weight loss, it's calories in, calories out. that's it. everyone's heard about professor twinkie by now, right?

if you lost weight on that, i'm happy for you, but it's because the "negative calorie foods" he talks up just so happen to be filling, fibrous vegetables with low calorie totals.

and high carb/low fat diets are junk science from the 70s. fats are critical. you need a balance. high carb diets don't cure heart disease or diabetes, there's evidence they literally cause them. in particular a lot of carby foods have terrible glycemic index values that can really do a number on your blood sugar and insulin levels.

if you prefer books, which seems to be the case, give this one a try. "fats=bad" thinking is misguided and it's not doing your body any favors. you can lose weight doing that stuff, sure; that professor lost 27 pounds eating twinkies. losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle are only sometimes the same thing. sorry for the wall of text here but that starch diet thing is one of the most fucked fad diets i've ever seen.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2017, 03:47.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2017, 02:27 Nucas

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 2, 2017, 22:21:
The new free spying dx12 exclusives shiny has wore off.
And just when I was thinking of downgrading to 10, not.
Did gamers all of a sudden have an epiphany.

it ultimately doesn't matter. ryzen/kaby lake and onward are officially unsupported by windows 7. i've seen people playing the games to get win7 installed and updated regardless, but it's a losing battle.

it sucks, i only use a pc at home for games anymore, and windows 10 seems to make it actively less convenient to do that; but eventually we'll all be running it when it's upgrade time.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2017, 17:40 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Sep 2, 2017, 11:42:
Huge Asteroid 'Florence' Zooms Past Earth in Record-Breaking Flyby.

It's a shame we don't have a space program. We could have rendezvoused with the asteroid as it flew past.

well what's the point of that? how is that supposed to increase shareholder revenue, the absolute zenith of human achievement?

News Comments > Songbringer Released
4. Re: Songbringer Released Sep 2, 2017, 17:05 Nucas

this looks really, really gorgeous in motion. it actually genuinely rings of games from the 90s; like it's actually trying to push the boundaries of the art style and make the most of it, like the games had to back then, and not just putting on a retro-game suit.

that said, whether it clicks with you or not seems to depend on if "procedurally generated roguelike zelda" appeals to you. at this point that collection of words doesn't even get an eye roll from me anymore, just bored contempt.

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 2, 2017, 09:10:
The reality is most people are mediocre at what they do and hence most games are reflections of that.
this was extra funny to me because you fucked up an url link in your post.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2017, 02:16 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 14:06:
RE: Osteen. I love how a supposed Christian pastor has to be shamed into being charitable and helping people.

what's really deranged is i get the impression from things he's said that - in his own warped way - he's a true believer. i think he really believes god has rewarded him with a 10.5 million dollar home and 12,000 dollar suits and that the people beneath him should pray harder.

it's that unique strain of american christianity that was hijacked by 'conservative' capitalist social-darwinism values in the 80s. "just desserts" and all that.

685 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo