Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 802 (Graduate)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2018, 20:32 Nucas

i think the shine on the classic RPG revivial has simply worn off. the metacritic scores for POE2 are the same as POE1, and the user scores are somehow lower; all despite being an objectively superior game in every conceivable way with a more polished release and a clearly articulated post-release support schedule.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2018, 10:44 Nucas

ventry wrote on May 18, 2018, 19:42:
The number of people killed on US roads in 2016.(Men, Women and Children)
If saving lives is your end game....
Might as well ban motor vehicles and save all those lives eh?

15,549 (excluding suicides)
US gun deaths in 2017
I find it ironic that this number draws howls of outrage while the first one (much larger) hardly registers a blip on the radar.

I'd say motor vehicles are more of a threat to US lives than guns.

motor vehicles are a vital part of how our economy and society functions.
guns have one function only, to kill people.

do you see the difference?

now let's consider that it's estimated that 90% of americans live in a household with a car; versus an estimated 25 to 30 percent that live in a household with a gun. that number starts to seem a lot more disproportionate doesn't it?

ventry wrote on May 18, 2018, 23:30:
Facts > Feelings bitch.
*sniff*
I'm so devastated.
Need to go to my "Safe-Space" now.
*sniff*

i can't believe conservatives have themselves convinced they're the party of "facts" considering how badly you need to distort the numbers to support your emotional desire to own a gun.

and then you know, the climate change denial, denial of access to birth control, even creationism in schools. what fact-based positions are you purporting to hold here.

News Comments > Black Ops IIII Announced
15. Re: Black Ops IIII Announcement May 17, 2018, 17:39 Nucas

Mr. Tact wrote on May 17, 2018, 17:22:
I gotta believe at least one person stepped forward and said, "Shouldn't it be 'IV'?" -- would love to have heard what the obviously idiotic response was...

i'm actually imagining this going like the asch conformity experiment.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Video Leak?
4. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 10:12 Nucas

looks ridiculous, but really any kind of change would be an improvement on the original rage.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released May 9, 2018, 09:36 Nucas

Task wrote on May 9, 2018, 08:24:
I have to wait for my boxed edition, bummer. Oh well, I'm playing and making mods for BattleTech right now anyways.

do you? i ordered a boxed edition and have had access to the keys through the backer portal for several weeks.

News Comments > Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default
7. Re: Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default Apr 26, 2018, 11:59 Nucas

MacLeod wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 11:33:
Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 11:23:
So people have to choose to enable a setting. That's a good thing.

Completely disagree on this. Because now, when people want to write damaging reviews that are actually written well, but contain bad information, there's no way to actually combat that by having people respond to the review. (and the reverse is also true)

this is where my thinking is. steam reviews are already essentially worthless, now they're not even worth a skim.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records
11. Re: Far Cry 5 Movie and Sales Records Apr 5, 2018, 17:27 Nucas

i really don't get far cry. here's this year's open world map, wow, and it sure has lots of icons on it, and it is full of humanoid enemies to shoot guns at. i can't wait to slowly claim all the outposts on the map and then get a downer ending where i choose between two bullshit alternatives that make any investment i was stupid enough to make in the world and narrative feel invalidated, just like all the other ones.

i guess you could level this charge at any game series but far cry is just so nakedly creatively bankrupt. the last one i managed to finish was far cry 2. i think i got three hours into far cry 3, refunded far cry 4 when i saw the asset re-use, and then stopped.

News Comments > StarCraft Is Life: A 20th Anniversary Celebration
2. Re: StarCraft Is Life: A 20th Anniversary Celebration Mar 31, 2018, 21:51 Nucas

i was old 10 years ago.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
14. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Mar 29, 2018, 17:44 Nucas

i was gifted this at release and racked up 100+ hours myself. i loved it. i really enjoyed the desolate sense of exploration and discovery for its own sake. i've been meaning to check it out with all its supposed new story additions. maybe i'll just wait at this point.

it also has a hugely entertaining "fanbase". the subreddit for this title swings from effulgent fellatio of hello games after a patch, to "FUCK SEAN MURRAY AND HIS BULLSHIT, TALK TO US!!!" within like 3 months, repeatedly. i last checked it out last week for some reason and it was nothing but PLEASE TALK TO US SEAN MURRAY! FUCK YOU. it's super weird/funny.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 18, 2018, 14:05 Nucas

hahhaha what? why? because vapid youtube opportunist "celebrities" like pewdiepie and jake paul see twitch streamers hobnobbing with ~~famous people~~ and want to me-too along? i guess i don't see what's more egregious about this than any other soulless fame chaser trying to elbow in at the table of the new hot thing.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls: Legends - Houses of Morrowind This Month
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls: Legends - Houses of Morrowind This Month Mar 17, 2018, 00:09 Nucas

i forgot this existed. at first i thought bethesda was resurrecting the elder scrolls adventures/legends thing, like when they made battlespire or redguard. which would rule.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow
10. Re: Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow Mar 15, 2018, 21:27 Nucas

|RaptoR| wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 21:18:
I got a free CD Key sent to me a while back as a gift and was stoked. Quake 2 is my favorite game of all time. Turns out the game is dead, and after 20 minutes in queue for my first match, it popped and I was in a lobby against super experienced players.

http://steamcharts.com/app/611500#7d

Averages 300 players per day.

ouch. i guess i'll still get in a few rounds just to see the difference stepping up from a five year old video card and 10 year old processor makes to the game, but if i wanted to just endlessly get my balls stomped on i'd just fire up quake live.

News Comments > Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow
8. Re: Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow Mar 15, 2018, 21:18 Nucas

i'm looking forward to booting this up when i get my new video card slotted in tomorrow. instagib rules, and everyone has been clamoring for 1999 mode since beta.

El Pit wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 17:56:
I would rather have them reboot single-player Quake like they successfully rebooted Doom.

i'd like this too, but when i think about it, i really don't know why? doom did everything a quake reboot would do in terms of action, use of vertical space, and so on. i guess just without the confused techno-fantasy-gothic aesthetic? in the meantime, hopefully Amid Evil is good, and Witchfire looks pretty cool albeit probably years away.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2018, 21:27 Nucas

i've been wanting to start getting up at 8am instead of 9 and i guess now i am, like, physiologically

i kind of wonder if ebay is having a rough Q1 or what? they had some "20% off ANYTHING, guys! whatever." coupon yesterday i used to get a NIB gtx 1070 for close to MSRP. what a time to be alive

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
32. Re: Valve Plans to Make Games Mar 9, 2018, 17:30 Nucas

Creston wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 16:36:
Is this a "Microsoft recommits to PC Gaming" moment?

I will remain skeptical for now.

hahah damn i should have known someone would beat me to this.

News Comments > White House Game Summit Recap
38. Re: White House Game Summit Recap Mar 9, 2018, 17:28 Nucas

the willingness to hack and slash away at the first amendment in the absolute, devotional defense of the second amendment is kind of disturbing.  

News Comments > On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues
9. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 18:50 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 12:03:
The response was not translated correctly from Japanese. I've corrected it:

Hi everyone, thank you for the feedback you've shared so far regarding beta testing CHRONO TRIGGER.

ahh, but that would imply an intent to later correct the errors. other acclaimed rpgs like FF6 were shit onto the pc without any fixes, before. even a high profile release like nier automata continues to languish without any patches. the pc is just a passive income source.

News Comments > Secret World Legends Patch Issues; No Limits Weekend
5. Re: Secret World Legends Patch Issues; No Limits Weekend Mar 3, 2018, 00:15 Nucas

i don't recall much of the game's pre-f2p gameplay aside from finding it to be conventional MMO fare.

what really made the game shine for me were its writing, setting, characters, quest design, and world building. one of my first quests in the game was to unravel a mystery in an Innsmouth style h.p. lovecraft town in new england. after receiving the quest.. no marker appeared. it required exploring on my own, looking for signs in the world, reading books. there was no mini-map, no waypoints. it was excellent, and so unlike the MMOs it was aping with its combat and loot system, and the game is full of this kind of content. art direction and environment design is also first rate. the areas you can visit are weird, nuanced and intriguing, and fun to look at.

if you like narrative driven games and enjoy mmo conventions, this could really be a perfect storm for you. for me, i just felt like the mmo was getting in the way of the game i wanted to play, but i haven't played it since their relaunch which reputedly revamped combat and so on.

News Comments > Secret World Legends Patch Issues; No Limits Weekend
2. Re: Secret World Legends Patch Issues; No Limits Weekend Mar 2, 2018, 16:14 Nucas

i keep trying to get back into this game but god damn i wish it was just a single player title sometimes. i've heard the F2P switch has made it easier to play solo for story content recently, i should really give it another shot.  

News Comments > Trump Calls Game Meeting
4. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 1, 2018, 22:14 Nucas

this is an unfortunate perfect storm; a bunch of gun industry shills in congress flailing about for distractions, and a fucking moron in the oval office. i admittedly don't really consume mainstream media of any sort so i don't know, but hopefully this narrative isn't gaining steam.  

802 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo