Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 653 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2017, 02:58 Nucas

came here to comment on hand of fate, but it's already covered so i'll pipe up that risen 1 for 2.50 is a great buy. it's a legit gothic 4. it's 8 years old at this point though so i imagine anyone who would play has done so.

i remember thinking the character of the inquisitor sounded bad-ass back when i played it, and looked him up. was surprised it was Andy Serkis in one of his few "normal" roles.

PS. don't pay money for risen 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X4 Details Today
29. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 27, 2017, 00:32 Nucas

for fuck's sake, someone just give me the freelancer successor i've wanted for 15 years.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
45. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 26, 2017, 04:11 Nucas

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 16:49:
Suckage wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 16:44:
What excuse does Valve have to not bring closure to HL?
Err, the excuse that no matter what they created they would be criticized.

pure cowardice and total bullshit aside.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
26. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 14:42 Nucas

there's been leak after leak over the years with anonymous employees all telling the same story - gabe newell doesn't want half life 3 made, despite the fairy tale "valve is a totally flat structure!!!" thing that always gets parroted.

the last one i saw by the funhaus guys a year or two back expanded on it further by saying a half life 3 project started to gel around 2010 but apparently the rabid over-reaction to the mass effect 3 ending caused gabe newell to declare it was too risky, among other factors. seeing a fan-base completely turn on a franchise and devalue the property, etc etc.

he probably feels pretty comfortable in that assessment now after seeing the mass effect franchise completely destroyed and 'retired' after the complete fucking hysterics people were in over andromeda.

News Comments > Tyranny Expansion Next Month
14. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 24, 2017, 05:01 Nucas

Jerykk wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 23:51:
You also get to make a lot of interesting choices that have a significant impact on the world around you.

i generally agree but i'm honestly blown away by how obsidian didn't anticipate how many people would embrace the role of evil viceroy in a game about being an evil viceroy, and needed to add fucking DLC to allow for that.

i was playing fatebinder straight right up until the end when suddenly tunon swears to me and everyone is asking what the plan is to defeat kyros. seemed to really come out of nowhere. pretty silly stuff.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
23. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 18:48 Nucas

Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 18:43:
Good job, EA. Another franchise you've ruined.

i got the impression from that post-mortem jason schreier wrote that the real issue wasn't executive meddling, but quite the opposite; bioware montreal needed firm management and never got it. someone needed to take ownership of the team and no one did.

i'm sure it's a factor that now the internet has totally lost the plot and morons who sincerely think they "have a good bead on things" are retroactively claiming bioware hasn't made a good game in 10 years, "sjws" ruined bioware, etc etc.

News Comments > Shenmue III Publishing Deal
3. Re: Shenmue III Publishing Deal Aug 18, 2017, 01:05 Nucas

distribution and marketing. this is nothing new. obsidian used paradox to distribute pillars of eternity for instance.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2017, 21:08 Nucas

i'd have probably upgraded at home by now but this is still primarily a gaming machine and i still get the urge to play retro stuff now and again. seems every time i go on gog or steam forums it's a chorus of "HOW TO GET WORKING ON W10???" guess i'll have to do it eventually whenever i decide it's time for a new mobo and cpu finally.  

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Launch Trailer
1. Re: Agents of Mayhem Launch Trailer Aug 14, 2017, 19:26 Nucas

every time i try to read up on this game my eyes start to glaze over and it fades into the white noise of "hero shooters".  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 03:05 Nucas

i've been treated skeptically by cashiers for using 2s before but i've never had it go past getting the manager called. a lack of life experience is depressing but predictable when trudging through flyover country. one time in vermont i was using 2s and using my passport as ID and was refused service because it was all "too fishy" and the cashier "heard how easy it is to get fake passports in new york". this woman was in her 30s.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Video
5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Video Aug 13, 2017, 01:04 Nucas

i find their presence in games somewhat egregious since there's always that suspicion that the game's balance was altered to hinder player progress and make you lean on your credit card, but so far that hasn't been the case in any of the games i've played that contain them. i'm definitely not going to stamp my feet and miss out on a game i want to play over it; i find this hysterical over-reaction reminiscent of the way gamers first reacted to DLC. 5 DOLLAR HORSE ARMOR IS GOING TO DESTROY THE GAMES INDUSTRY.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 22:03 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 14:01:
Nucas wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 13:14:
i just saw an ad for Fruit Loops pop up on blues and now i think i'm going to pick up a box at the store. i think this is the first time i've been directly influenced by an advertisement before.

Sure you weren't influenced by the fruitcake story 'cause Fruit Loops are disgusting.

i ate the whole box and got sick

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2017, 13:14 Nucas

i just saw an ad for Fruit Loops pop up on blues and now i think i'm going to pick up a box at the store. i think this is the first time i've been directly influenced by an advertisement before.  

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords Titans Return Launches
1. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords Titans Return Launches Aug 12, 2017, 03:39 Nucas

i've had this installed for a month or so. i really need to give it a play; i keep hearing it described as Capital Ship Freelancer.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch This Week
17. Re: No Man's Sky Patch This Week Aug 12, 2017, 02:02 Nucas

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 23:51:
I bought House of the Dying Sun the other day, haven't played it yet, didn't know it had a VR patch for it until after I owned it, nice little surprise. Definitely looking forward to that and Snuggle Truck VR. Also wanting to get over the Alien Iso VR patch to. Time.

if you end up liking it, you can get the soundtrack for free from the composer's site in flac or whatever. i haven't played the game yet but i can't get enough of the OST. sounds like was channeling bear mccreary/battlestar galactica.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
8. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Aug 11, 2017, 22:34 Nucas

i'm surprised there are so many people who want co-op. i don't even know how that would work. mine resources and build bases together? aren't there a bunch of games like this already? starmade? space engineers? empyrion?  

9. Re: No Man's Sky Patch This Week Aug 11, 2017, 15:03 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 14:10:
The ships in this game are procedural. Are the weapons, armor, shields, etc, too?

i don't think they were procedural aside from color scheme and randomized stats. i haven't played since last november but at that time all the ships drew from a pool of archetypes. colors and installed mods varied, but nothing else. and as i recall the shield and armor mods had fixed stats depending on the type. i may be misunderstanding what you're asking.

but to clarify what i said, it used to be when your sentinel wanted level was high enough in space, they'd deploy a sentinel capital ship after you which had a fixed design like all their other models. after shooting it enough, it would stop returning fire, and eventually just disappear.

7. Re: No Man's Sky Patch This Week Aug 11, 2017, 13:59 Nucas

i think i'll have to re-install for this. i put 130 hours into it over last summer when i was traveling a lot for work, it was an easy game to pick up and play and relax with. the new story additions have my attention, and apparently space combat has been tweaked as well.

i wonder if you can still 'destroy' a capital ship and it just vanishes because they never coded a destruction sequence.

these guys were completely full of shit but i enjoyed the game and i'm also enjoying seeing it shaping up.

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released
13. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released Aug 8, 2017, 14:42 Nucas

so apparently that 20-years-in-the-making wizardry game from a few days ago was outrageous at 40 dollars, far too much for some indie title; and this is outrageous at 30 dollars, it must be shit to cost so little. i guess the AAA industry has succeeded in properly conditioning a pliant base of sheep consumers.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2017, 15:01 Nucas

it all depends on if the gameplay loop is designed independent of the microtransaction system or not. square-enix already played this hand in deus ex: mankind divided and that was still a well-balanced game.

i can't imagine this really having a huge impact if it's simply randomized gambling. seems like it will be even easier to ignore than it was in deus ex; that game just cut straight to the chase with "cash for skill points or currency". that would be an easier system to exploit by underpowering the player character.

the article does say there's an "xp boost" item but otherwise it's just designed to appeal to morons who want to set their money on fire for the thrill of opening a box.

653 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo