Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 13, 2016, 07:12 Nucas

Dev wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 07:40:
And if they are morons like other past barely made it KS projects, they did something stupid like only set the goal to 50% of what they actually needed figuring that people would way overshoot it, and now go bankrupt trying to make the game.
Yes, that's happened... multiple times.

the team is 4 men who have worked together before, all with big studio and indie experience shipping games. i'd consider this a pretty low risk project when it comes to shipping the product.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 05:05 Nucas

Kxmode wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 16:54:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 12:26:
GM mosquitoes? Hell no! Give me the mass spraying of pesticides any day.

Any day? How about every day? What do you think those Chemtrails you see every day are?

government mind control agents of course.

as for the mosquitoes, the only modification is a gene that proves fatal to their progeny. it's been tested for five years.

i think there's a little too much panic about GMOs in general. the current political climate - the exaggerated notion of "lets meet in the middle" - seems to make people think one man's ignorance is as valid as another man's knowledge. GMOs have already proven useful in food cultivation and they will prove increasingly necessary in our increasingly resource-strained world.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2016, 19:20 Nucas

i'm pretty pleased to see the descent guys got Overload funded, it was looking hairy for most of the campaign.  

6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 11, 2016, 14:04 Nucas

Razumen wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 11:44:
Most Kickstarters get most of their funding later on in the campaign, and I don't think there's anything unusual about last minute backers putting in more money into a project, we've seen it a lot with a lot of older franchises that have fans with money to burn. Even if they called some friends to help them pass, so what? There's nothing sketchy about that at all.

they also posted their alpha build to steam in the last 3 days, and got it posted to the featured banner on the storefront. that was when funding surged.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 8, 2016, 14:53 Nucas

i just want to point out john mcafee spent years cooking and using MDPV in south america. then went on the run after he was suspected of murdering his neighbor.

i don't know why he's a public figure. he's really fucking crazy.

News Comments > Valve Teases Free VR Experiments in The Lab
5. Re: Valve Teases Free VR Experiments in The Lab Mar 7, 2016, 16:50 Nucas

seems like another technology being foisted on an apathetic public to me. similar to the 3d tv "craze" manufacturers were trying to gin up a couple years ago to boost flagging sales.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2016, 16:48 Nucas

guess that's it for winter around these parts.. it was 60 degrees today.

i haven't worn anything more than a hoodie in over a year. bummer, my winter wardrobe is way snappier.

News Comments > Thief Film Plans Revived
10. Re: Thief Film Plans Revived Mar 5, 2016, 23:06 Nucas

Zanthar wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 17:55:
Movies based on video games are always sooooooo successful, I'm sure this one will be no exception. lol

they have generally been modest financial successes, even retarded movies like prince of persia or either hitman movie or what have you.

it probably seems pretty "safe" to people shopping film rights. existing brand recognition and dirt cheap options.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2016, 03:43 Nucas

jimnms wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 00:00:
The FBI doesn't need Apple's help to crack the encrypted phone. They have the phone, all they have to do is remove the storage chip and use one of the govt.'s super computers to brute force it. The FBI is doing this for the media coverage to get support for having back doors in any encrypted device.

the data is encrypted with the hardware UID in the application processor which is 256 AES. it's no exaggeration to say it would take billions of years to crack.

i've read theoretically you could attempt to strip the silicon of the chip and examine it with an electron microscope to work out the key but that's a little outside my wheelhouse.

pretty much that or go looking for some sweet 0day. a group developed an ios9 exploit for zerodium for a million bucks back in september.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
91. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 5, 2016, 00:35 Nucas

Sepharo wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 21:33:
Everything slick say is real smart like
Everything everyone else say be dumb

that compliment on his writing really gassed him up.

News Comments > Into the Black
44. Re: Into the Black Mar 4, 2016, 20:21 Nucas

Kxmode wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 10:28:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 01:51:
rudra wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 20:41:
theres some other movie they are redoing as a "GIRLPOWER!!" redux thing .. cant remember atm but its all bullshit if you ask me

Mad Max.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

i'm not sure what point is being made here, those were the two best movies i saw last year. i wouldn't characterize them as "girl power" just because a female lead got the same screen time as a male counterpart.

i'm kind of on the fence about this new ghostbusters just because, on the one hand, a movie can certainly be marketed at a niche audience, but why attach your bridemaids-style caricatures to an existing franchise that doesn't seem to fit? people have expectations. i think that's the real issue people are having with this.

or maybe it's just patently unfunny. probably too early to tell.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed
43. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 4, 2016, 01:44 Nucas

Drayth wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 00:35:
Comet was only spoofing Star Citizen "discussions".

whoosh. hahaha guess i don't read enough star citizen threads!

6. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2016, 20:31 Nucas

Frijoles wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 20:21:
The ghosts look really good. That's about it. Is this a remake or something? From the trailer, the storyline looks exactly the same.

it started as yet another 'reboot' but reactions were so overwhelmingly negative it was tooled into a sequel, with bill murray and others reportedly showing up in cameos as their old characters.

it really looks like they switched to a sequel in name only since it's so blatantly riffing on the original movie.

i was ready to like this but i wasn't expecting ghostbusters: bridesmaids.

4. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2016, 20:13 Nucas

very appropriate headline for this trailer, blue.  

41. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 3, 2016, 19:06 Nucas

Comet wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 17:58:
This is vaporware.
Game is going to fail.

Come on. The game has been in development since end of 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Andromeda

In 2014 they only had some concept footage to show. And now the game is being delayed to 2017. (5-6 years in development)

Come on people. It is obvious that they were too ambitious. Mass Effect Andromeda is rumored to allow planet exploration and traveling across the galaxy.

The game should be out by now

nah. they announced it november 2012. if it releases at the very end of the quarter, march 2017, that's 4.3 years, maximum.

dragon age: inquisition went from the twitter announcement to release in a little less than that.'

i don't think anyone is expecting no man's sky gameplay from mass effect.

News Comments > More DirectX 12 Ports Planned
7. Re: More DirectX 12 Ports Planned Mar 3, 2016, 18:20 Nucas

coming exclusively to the Windows Store! upgrade today!  

5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 2, 2016, 15:21 Nucas

Zanderat1 wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 12:29:
I backed it. Looks promising. Too few of these types of games around.

have you checked out The Quest? it's an old-school style rpg with really nice hand-drawn style graphics.

26. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 2, 2016, 15:15 Nucas

man i take this as a good sign that ea got their shit together. after literally rushing dragon age 2 to market with a 14 month development cycle forcing bioware to cut enormous amounts from the game (races, locations, origins) and 16 months for mass effect 3, they let bioware really take their time with dragon age inquisition and that was an excellent title. more time with andromeda in the oven can't hurt.

of course maybe i'm just being optimistic and they just want the sales boost in next year's q1, but the time will be put to good use i'm sure.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 2, 2016, 04:14 Nucas

descender wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 00:35:
Breaking down the console garden is a huge barrier to improving the state of PC gaming. If XBox/PS4/Nintendo games just became just another store/launcher on your PC just like the 3 or 4 most people probably have installed... wouldn't that be.. a good (great) thing?

i think it'll go the other way. if devs can target 2 platforms instead of 3 (UAF/PS4 vs XBOX/PC/PS4) they may very well take that option if microsoft pushes it. i don't think it would be less barriers for gamers, in particular with how totally closed off win10 games are (modding, drm, etc) but more.

i'm also curious how you implement hardware upgrades on a console without fragmentation. i guess just keep the potato quality graphics as baseline but let people play above 720 or something?

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10
6. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10 Mar 1, 2016, 10:45 Nucas

i'm rather curious what the point of this is. why not just release the whole game? do they still think they're going to sell xbox ones to pc gamers?

i had a feeling this was how phil spencer's big pc push would turn out. mainstream titles getting ported but the "system sellers" like forza, halo or gears of war being held back.

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo