Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 532 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Wasteland Workshop Next Week
2. Re: Fallout 4 Wasteland Workshop Next Week Apr 5, 2016, 21:08 Nucas

they focused on big content-addition dlc for their past few games, it's a shame to see them returning to basically horse armor. hopefully this junk is just cash grab filler between real dlc content.

i guess the lively mod life of skyrim has convinced them they can convert those downloads into sales and turn FO4 into a steady income platform of sorts. they're probably right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 16:41 Nucas

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 16:17:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:15:
Bodolza wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 13:19:
It's incremental and it starts at 5%. Labor at a restaurant is typically 30% of running expenses, so that minimum wage increase is increasing their costs around 2%, and it doesn't even go into effect until next year. You're "really awesome" restaurant is clearly using this as an excuse to screw over its customers.
^^^ So this. ^^^

They were probably looking for a way to decrease their discount cards and now they can blame it on taxes.
Some customers will never grasp the bigger picture.

Since you appear adamant about instigating another foul-mouthed conflict I'll drop this headline in your lap and let you ponder the potential ramifications; aka the bigger picture.
You're in full agreement with the higher minimum wage, get over yourself.

i recall that he's brought up before he's some kind of software developer who doesn't make much more than this and resents that the underclasses are now on equal footing with him since their jobs "don't warrant a living wage", unlike his.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 05:26 Nucas

diane lane is still really pretty.

just saw batman v superman tonight. thought it was pretty incoherent. not a total waste of time but i could have waited to stream that.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 3, 2016, 11:51 Nucas

RGB ERR-THANG  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Next Month
14. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Next Month Apr 2, 2016, 23:37 Nucas

ItBurn wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 16:24:
descender wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 16:10:
Come on Blizzard, you finally had something good with D3 and you're ditching it(stopping developing real new content)? You better be working on D4 or something.

I would imagine they are in full-swing working on the second expansion that is supposed to release this year.

Supposed? As far as I know there's no plans for a second expansion. It should have been here already if there was one I think...

they had a listing for an art director in the diabloverse last year. anything more than that is speculation. it could be more d3 content or world of diablo.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released
19. Re: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released Apr 2, 2016, 22:57 Nucas

i am curious to see what beamdog does in the future, after david gaider quit bioware to go be beamdog's "creative director".

i hope the gameplan is more than "three ex-bioware employees dig through the bones of 20-year-dead games".

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2016, 22:49 Nucas

Sepharo wrote on Apr 2, 2016, 19:16:
This is the one that was most concerning to me,
aim assist when using the mouse if you simply plug in a controller.
and
rebinding keys doesn't work

i didn't even see the rebinding part. what a silly feature to leave out of a beta.

still, it is only a beta, i don't think anyone expects the final code to ship in that state. i think the proliferation of public betas and early access has made people forget that beta code is rough around the edges, but not letting you rebind keys is really stupid.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2016, 19:03 Nucas

DangerDog wrote on Apr 2, 2016, 15:49:
No really surprised, Doom is a console ported pile of trash.

Doom beta lacking key PC features

the advanced graphic options uncovered address many of their complaints about graphics adjustment. the fps cap can be set to 144, for example. fov can supposedly be set via launch command. i fully expect that option to ship in final code, along with options for their mouse quibbles.

a server browser, who knows. it's more surprising when a game has it than not to me.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 02:49 Nucas

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 01:11:
Nucas wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 23:36:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 11:36:
The char models in the game are pretty sexualized as it is, why is this pose a problem? its a non-story compared to the other female characters.

the guy who wrote the criticism said characters like d'va and widowmaker were defined by their sexuality - and flaunting it - and had no problem with it; whereas tracer was not. he said the sexuality seemed out of place for her.

i don't agree with his argument but it's internally consistent.

predictably, the headline simply triggered full outrage vocabulary in people who didn't click on it or read the article, "sjw" and "cuck" already swimming through their minds.

The weird thing though is that it's only a sexual pose if you perceive it to be as such, after-all, other characters have the exact same pose. Then argument then moves from that to the notion that she's wearing skin-tight clothing which accentuates her behind, which honestly has been consistent since the release of the first Tracer image. Don't believe me, check out almost every art asset related to Tracer, up to and including the full-size statue of her.

It then moves on from that to "it doesn't fit the character" to which most would argue that what about the pose itself doesn't fit the character? I mean, could it be better? Yes...you could have her doing anything 'playful' while still in that pose and would that change the opinion of it? I doubt it.

i disagree with with his opinion for this and other reasons. it's presumptive that a woman flaunting her sexuality is exclusive from other personality characteristics; and most of all that this behavior is negative and should be discouraged compared to jumping around and shooting people. this is a very male point of view to have.

but he clearly thought about it, it wasn't just some fatass otherkin on tumblr tweeting their faux-outrage.

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
2. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 30, 2016, 20:40 Nucas

i expect they'll deliver. if not, their platform is probably dead. more competition for steam isn't so bad.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer
2. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer Mar 30, 2016, 14:49 Nucas

every story trailer for this looks like it could be summed up as "i'll show you, surrogate father figure!!" looks just as bad as the first one when it comes to story.

i'm just glad they gave the franchise another chance. i really liked the original, opening up the maps like they're planning is going to take it to the next level.

75. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2016, 01:10 Nucas

Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 11:49:
California raises minimum wage to $15 an hour. As a Web UX Developer / Programmer I will make a slight dozen digits more* than someone who flips hamburgers, stuffs lettuce in a taco, and drops fries in a vat of grease. These are no skill jobs. They're not suppose to be living income jobs. People who "settle" at minimum wage jobs basically gave up on life. It's not the government's job to force companies to give these people a 6% raise every year for the next six years!

*I care not to say specifically how much

someone needs to do these jobs. america doesn't need 300 million software developers. it needs people to cook food, clean toilets and paint lines on the highway. and yes - all those people "deserve" to pay rent and put food on the table.

why don't you give more time to expanding your skillset, developing your negotiation skills or shopping your resume if you feel like you should make more money than other people. spend less time thinking about how the others don't "deserve" what they have.

how messed up and empty do you have to be to even think that? "you don't deserve to earn a wage that allows you to stay alive."

the middle class built america, and they did it by demanding living wages, benefits and so on. now we get to see these initiatives implode as people like you parrot the rhetoric that america should eat itself, while being surpassed by china and india's growing middle class.

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Mar 29, 2016, 23:36 Nucas

ZeroPike1 wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 11:36:
The char models in the game are pretty sexualized as it is, why is this pose a problem? its a non-story compared to the other female characters.

the guy who wrote the criticism said characters like d'va and widowmaker were defined by their sexuality - and flaunting it - and had no problem with it; whereas tracer was not. he said the sexuality seemed out of place for her.

i don't agree with his argument but it's internally consistent.

predictably, the headline simply triggered full outrage vocabulary in people who didn't click on it or read the article, "sjw" and "cuck" already swimming through their minds.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Free Week and Free Content
9. Re: PAYDAY 2 Free Week and Free Content Mar 26, 2016, 18:35 Nucas

is this game still worth playing? friends and i have been playing the gta5 heists online to death and someone recommended this game as having a similar style of gameplay.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 20:49 Nucas

InBlack wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 17:27:
Blue wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 16:05:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 13:34:
Also, I thought Snyder's Watchmen was pretty awesome. Why does everyone hate on that flick?

That's the point I wanted to add here... glad to see I'm not the only one. I think he did an outstanding job on The Watchmen, including improving the hell out of the way the story concludes. I have nothing positive to say about Man of Steel, but I think The Watchmen was a home run.

Yeah, I can't get the hate for that flick, it's absolutely the best comic book film there is.

hard to quantify these things but i just plain didn't like it. something about it was off. i'm sure it's a great adaptation but as a movie of its own, nah. the pacing felt weird, the faux-grimdark atmosphere felt forced, and for how seriously it took its own story, the ending was completely retarded.

blaming dr. manhattan wouldn't give us peace. "american superman destroys moscow" would be the headline in russia the next day. i understand in the comic the attacks were blamed on a fictional alien race and that makes somewhat more sense.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 23, 2016, 19:00 Nucas

"trythekonamicode" is very subtly bolded in letters in their campaign page. clever way to get people to download the demo. worked on me.  

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta Next Month; Online Only Requirement Revealed
11. Re: Battleborn Open Beta Next Month; Online Only Requirement Revealed Mar 23, 2016, 15:19 Nucas

ldonyo wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 10:32:
That's a pretty weak excuse for requiring a constant connection to the Internet in single-player. An update on save or on exit would accomplish the same thing.

that would also make it trivial to modify game files. for an online-driven competitive game this move makes perfect sense. everyone needs to know they're on the same page.

diablo 3 does the same thing, for the same reason, and it's a relatively clean and fair experience.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 21, 2016, 15:32 Nucas

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 11:16:
InBlack wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 03:40:
... So please, shut the fuck up. When there you have kids skipping school, dropping out, due to gaming addiction you have serious problems, when you have adults skipping work, due to gaming addiction, you have serious problems. ...

This is not Jack Thompson batshit crazy agendas we are talking about here, this is a nation with a serious problem that needs solving and quickly....

What, you mean like what the US has a problem with drugs, or booze? All of that shit you just mentioned happens in the US as well, and none of it's gaming related.

that's why people under 21 can't purchase alcohol, and drugs are illegal. your analogy seems to support what he said.

since you've both been to south korea, is there a preponderance of people gaming in internet cafes instead of their own homes? is owning a home pc rare? i find this whole situation kind of bizarre.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 21, 2016, 02:05 Nucas

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 14:38:
Why are people still buying GTA 5? I mean, it's a great game and all, but you can't play online at all without being annoyed to shit from all the fucking hackers EVERYWHERE. It's so bad. I wish they would just do the lowrider update for single player.

that's the truth. i've never in my life played a game in the fucking state gta5 is routinely in. it's usually clean for a few weeks after updates before it goes back down the toilet. my crew and i just finished a heist and dropped back into my apartment and were all killed by exploding toilets that were spawned on our heads.

finding good people to play with invite-only is really the best way. it's hard to build up a friends list, though. the community is the worst i've ever seen on pc. xbox-live caliber.

it's such a waste. the content they've added is really cool, and rockstar have stated they're "all in" on online content with no plans to expand singleplayer at this time.

thinking of getting on the division but i've heard it's feeling rather bare on content. the mixed reception has kept my friends away and it doesn't seem like a good solo experience.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2016, 02:12.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 19, 2016, 16:29 Nucas

InBlack wrote on Mar 19, 2016, 15:37:
I wonder what D3 would have been like if Blizzard North had been left to it's own devices and allowed to finish the game. I guess we will never know *sigh*

i think the game is in a pretty complete state now. have you checked it out recently? i never played it at launch, only heard the stories..

532 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo