Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 606 (Apprentice)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Descent: Underground Demo
6. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Jul 31, 2017, 13:19 Nucas

loomy wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 12:22:
you donate to crowdfunding because you believe in them and their competence, not because they already have a good product. they have slightly admitted that they fucked up, and say they are still working on it. I will give them the benefit of the doubt. they will need to better convince me of their competence if I am to donate however. https://descendentstudios.com/community/topic/4731-a-quick-update/

indeed, that was why i backed overload since it was a professional team of names with experience shipping titles for both publishers and indies. and most importantly, all four of them actually worked on the descent games and are content producers. underground was 8 pricks with "director" titles and a list of completely random games they're associated with in some nebulous way; and none of them were descent.

i feel bad for anyone who gave money to the underground guys. and that "update" has the mewling, conciliatory tone of every failed kickstarter project on the decline that i've ever seen. these guys have had 2 years and over half a million dollars and are acting like its all out of their hands.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 13:06 Nucas

i'm surprised how much was left to happen off-screen in game of thrones last night. in one fell swoop of the space of 10 minutes of offscreen drama daenarys is stripped of all her westerosi allies and unsullied forces it took her years to acquire. i loved the truncated pace of season six but so far season 7 has just felt like dead air to me. i can only hope they're banking their screen time and budget for some shocking material later in the season but it's still irksome knowing there's only 4 episodes left this season, and 6 next year to resolve everything.  

News Comments > Descent: Underground Demo
3. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Jul 31, 2017, 11:57 Nucas

underground is actual garbage. Overload is coming along much more nicely, in less time and with half the money underground raised. the devs are active on the forums and ask people's opinions rather often. and they're actually ex-volition and parallax guys, not just dudes who bought the rights to descent name from interplay's corpse.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 23:26 Nucas

it occurred to me as i heard some mewling millennials debating the repeal of the ACA that a big issue with younger people is they don't really understand the fear of serious medical conditions condemning you to the absolute certaintly of bankruptcy, or the bitter reality of a long-term medical condition trapping you in a job you hate for years. they got to grow up under the protections and don't really understand what it's going to mean when they go away.

older people don't really have an excuse, though. i guess it's just that classic american cycle of eating itself, then regurgitating itself when it realizes it fucked up.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2017, 23:23 Nucas

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 15:42:
EVE Online, keeping utter sociopaths off the streets for just a bit longer.

It is pretty impressive how well developed the meta-game is around EVE though.

god that is exactly how i feel. i used to find these kinds of stories amusing but now i just think it's weird giving sociopath nobodies a platform to feel like important big-shots.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
3. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend Jul 28, 2017, 23:19 Nucas

i bought it on release and thought it was the best campaign since modern warfare 2. they hired the uncharted lead narrative designer from naughty dog for this game and put him to good use.

they really wasted kit harrington though, he has no screentime and the villain himself is perhaps the weakest character in the game, but it's more focused on the "crew as a family" element regardless.

there's also a "survival" mode that kills regenerating health and makes it a pickup item. armor also degrades and needs to be replaced, and if you get shot in the face your helmet will save you but cracks open so it's a one-time life saver.

overall, as someone who only ever plays call of duty campaigns and never goes online, i think it's totally worth 30 dollars.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
37. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 20:21 Nucas

Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 14:00:
Cutter wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 11:34:
Blue wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 08:23:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:46:
'I promise I won't hit you no more, baby. Trust me, honey.'

I am calling for a retirement of the "humorous" allusions to domestic violence that these stories inspire.

Noted and rejected.

We need more stick and less carrot around here for chuckleheads like you.

now now, let him mouth off and feel defiant before he whimpers and complies.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
5. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 26, 2017, 22:00 Nucas

all bullshit until i see halo on pc.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 24, 2017, 19:21 Nucas

wow, a near perfect Morality Score of 96%!! MUST-PURCHASE TITLE FOR CHRIST

this game incidentally is pretty good. i've been running through space games recently trying to find something that scratches that freespace itch but, inevitably, i just end up replaying freespace in the end. there's just nothing out there that really hits all the marks.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2017, 00:47 Nucas

my air conditioner broke about 2 weeks ago, was waiting on a replacement control board or something which finally got installed this morning. it's been over 95 degrees in my house every day for about 10 days now, and hasn't gotten below 87 even at night. i'm pleased i can finally turn my gaming pc/blast furnace on again.

SlimRam wrote on Jul 22, 2017, 21:55:
Trying to impede or discredit investigations didn't work with Nixon and it didn't work with Clinton. If Trump is guilty, they WILL find out and there WILL be consequences, it is almost inevitable.

wishful thinking. republicans control congress and will never turn on one of their own. the team comes first.

News Comments > Devoid of Shadows Released
3. Re: Devoid of Shadows Released Jul 15, 2017, 00:43 Nucas

whenever i see "roguelike" in a game's description i stop reading.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2017, 13:01 Nucas

i've always been a fan of the term "the black death" myself.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Delays Xen Again
3. Re: Black Mesa Delays Xen Again Jun 20, 2017, 12:21 Nucas

lol  

News Comments > Consortium: The Tower Video
6. Re: Consortium: The Tower Video Jun 3, 2017, 18:28 Nucas

this game is made by some ex-cavedog guys based on their old cancelled game Amen: The Awakening from 17 years ago. also one of the only games jeremy soule has scored recently, based on the work he was doing on amen way back when.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
22. Re: Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 May 17, 2017, 15:47 Nucas

who the fuck is still buying far cry games?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 14:22 Nucas

The Fifth Element is back in theaters this week for its 20th anniversary. tomorrow's the last day. think i'll have to catch it again.  

News Comments > GeForce Prey Hotfix Drivers
12. Re: GeForce Prey Hotfix Drivers May 13, 2017, 05:18 Nucas

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 11, 2017, 15:15:
Slashman wrote on May 11, 2017, 14:32:
I still don't want an AMD/ATI card.

Not sure why I'd pay to have to wait for fixes for practically every game ever.

"Man I sure saved a bunch and stuck it to those nVidia-tards!"

"Cool man! Let's go play some <insert new game here>"

"Yeah...I wanna but I gotta wait for a fix first...can we play something old...er?" Embarrassed

Do you really not see the irony of posting this commentary in a topic about a Nvidia driver fix for a brand new game they had some release driver issues with? AMD has a terrible track record with this stuff, but it is mainly in their history as you don't hear much about newer games having issues, and when they do they are resolved pretty quick it seems. NVidia are the ones who have been screwing things up on the software side for a while. Geforce Experience is a fucking mess still, and their drivers are up to almost a half-gig now. Shadowplay/share is still a broken mess. Their installers are starting to unravel because of typos and registry errors with older drivers, to the point that using something like DDU is necessary to even install newer versions of geforce experience and other elements of their "software package".

Both companies are shit in the software/driver category right now. Yeah, they work.. but there is a lot of BS involved with either of them anymore if you look at the whole picture.

i've read more than once over the years - here, for example - from driver programmers that the real need for "fixes" is to smooth over badly written render code from the developers themselves. similar to how old versions of IE just continuously allowed bad HTML to display in their browsers for the sake of compatibility.

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
3. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 21:57 Nucas

Redmask wrote on May 10, 2017, 21:42:
I don't play these for the mediocre shooting mechanics and Force power knockoffs.

then why are you playing any of the games in the mass effect series?

i find this disappointing if true. bioware has always been too indulgent of their crybaby fanbase and it seems to be in this case you just had the burgeoning alt-right fuckwaddery that pc-gaming has become set its sites on this game from the word go. activision didn't cancel fucking call of duty because the internet decided to bandwagon its youtube trailer. ea should take the cue and ignore the braying and neighing of these barnyard animals.

News Comments > Quake Champions Open Tech Test Friday
9. Re: Quake Champions Open Tech Test Friday May 9, 2017, 17:04 Nucas

i've been having a good time with champions. i think it's the best balance of modern fps trappings and classic gameplay we're going to get. really what DOOM multiplayer should have been. i like the abilities, they're usually tied to movement and not even on the same page as overwatch ultimates, when i hear that criticism i can generally assume the person saying it has never played quake champions or overwatch.

but even if it were a literal direct mechanic port of quake 3 i don't think quake live purists would pick it up. they've been playing the same game for 20 years and bethesda is wise not to bother trying to cater to their awful community.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2017, 00:42 Nucas

RedEye9 wrote on May 7, 2017, 18:34:
France is proof that the world is rejecting the crazies, in ~1300 days America can do the same. Unless of course impeachment deprives the electorate of that noble task.

you're living in a dream world if you think congress is going to turn on a republican president. they know their base thinks they're on a sports team. they don't look at trump as a reason to quit, they look at him like a football fan looks at the coach during a down season. they yell and curse and are mad, but they'll be goddamned if they'll sell all their merch and years of devotion over a "setback." pure sunk cost.

plus this is ignoring that mike pence is less insane and more re-electable. at least donald trump is fucking incompetent and doesn't outright say "maybe the sick should pray more and they would get better" while planning to slash away their ability to seek medical care.

and still they'll vote for him and curse the liberals on their deathbeds. fucking morons.

606 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo