Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 785 (Graduate)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 2, 2017, 02:11 Nucas

mankind divided is worth 15 bucks if you don't mind the idea of finishing it, and wondering "well that was abrupt, where's the rest?", then finding out square enix canceled the second half and 'retired' the IP. other than that, great experience.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews Sep 2, 2017, 02:07 Nucas

El Pit wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 10:29:
Still not sure yet, though, that LT will get a real release either. We'll see. It is a very interesting snail race!

i mean did you read the update? it's not vague platitudes, it's significant milestones. my interest level on this title just shot way, way up.

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
34. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Sep 1, 2017, 00:00 Nucas

Jivaro wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 18:26:
Guys getting older remember the same shit differently, news @ 11.

shocker.

i'm 10 times more inclined to believe romero. the guy truly loves video games, all video games, and is a dedicated archivist. names, dates, appointments, emails, design docs; source code, art assets, work in progress files. check out the noclip profile on him that visits his home.

i also think his goodwill with the community at large speaks for itself. off the top of my head, when a coder was trying to get daikatana fixed up and shot an email to him asking for help, romero posted a hard drive to him with the source code and other development assets.

throw in mcgee, and carmack's diplomatic yet pointed rebuttal, and there's no ambiguity in this for me at all. apparently willits, the fat jason alexander looking motherfucker from the hidden hall under the makron in quake 2, is a narcissist lying cunt.

News Comments > Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1
2. Re: Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 Aug 31, 2017, 23:46 Nucas

Midnight wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 21:39:
No Ashly Burch, no sale.

not the original writers, no sale.

also kind of hated how these fanfic writers were trying to wallpaper over not getting the voice cast back by just saying "lol we didn't even notice, are there new actors??" pretending the actors were irrelevant to the original game is douchey as fuck.

News Comments > Survived By Announced
13. Re: Survived By Announced Aug 31, 2017, 05:35 Nucas

a revival of rune, their only IP, and now a pixel art 'roguelite' (urrgh, i can taste bile). human head studios must really be against the wall but at least they're trying; it's hard to be an independent studio anymore.  

News Comments > The Division Free Content This Fall
2. Re: The Division Free Content This Fall Aug 31, 2017, 02:08 Nucas

i'm honestly surprised this game is still going, it looked so content light at release i was surprised it was being position as a long term title at all.  

News Comments > Starway Fleet Launches
4. Re: Starway Fleet Launches Aug 30, 2017, 18:16 Nucas

competent mechanics. call me when there's core gameplay beyond quake 1 deathmatch-level.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta
13. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta Aug 30, 2017, 01:42 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 11:54:
premium shit will kill off the scene because then everyone will be feeling entitled that they deserve to be paid for this.

so your position is that it's dangerous to let modders know that maybe they can ask for money for their work because you'd like to keep getting quality content for free? what an asshole.

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
30. Re: X4: Foundations Announced Aug 29, 2017, 06:27 Nucas

this may seem like a dumb thing to criticize, but these guys should really stop subtitling every fuckin' product and just make the line up clear.

i mean there were, what, like three or four games last generation called "X3: something something". as a casual observer i was never sure what was what. base game? expansion? stand alone expansion? i tangentially considered picking up the series more than once as a lover of space sims, but the lineup was confusing to me. any other game series i might have tried to dig and figure it out, but the years-long mixed-to-negative reputation (i mean i have literally never seen a comment thread anywhere that just said "great game!", it's always just like this one, complaints and talking about some bygone days when the games were supposedly good) always finished the job of killing any interest.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2017, 14:16 Nucas

i had a friend a few years back who was a nuclear engineer. he considered thorium reactors to be kind of pie in the sky; but he was very excited about "generation IV" reactors, which are so efficient they even consume what is traditionally discarded as 'nuclear waste'. what little they produce is only dangerous for decades, not the thousands of years that is typical. unfortunately while more efficient, their total raw output was lower, and the plants themselves are sophisticated and expensive. and humanity - being a party animal - will not give a fuck about making it a public works priority until its too late. have to keep those quarterly profit increases going!

i had some point when i started writing this but i've forgotten it. i'll conclude by saying, have you had cream of wheat lately? i can't believe i forgot how delicious this stuff is

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2017, 13:46 Nucas

i replayed SiN for the first time in maybe 15 years yesterday. i'm genuinely surprised how excellent it really is as a game, it holds up just as well as any classic in it's own right with some sharp design and gameplay.

but i'm really surprised i never noticed back in the 90s how half the computer screens in the game have Blue's News pulled up on them. man i miss the wild west days of game design sometimes.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Aug 28, 2017, 03:17 Nucas

Flatline wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 16:45:
It also doesn't help that there's no "killer app" or must have function on the watches. They're just gadgets. Really expensive ones at that.

i mean, that's it. plain and simple. every smart watch i looked at did nothing but mirror my phone; so basically i'm paying hundreds of dollars to simply add an extra layer between me and my phone. a superfluous, clumsy-as-shit layer that was hard to use.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2017, 02:58 Nucas

came here to comment on hand of fate, but it's already covered so i'll pipe up that risen 1 for 2.50 is a great buy. it's a legit gothic 4. it's 8 years old at this point though so i imagine anyone who would play has done so.

i remember thinking the character of the inquisitor sounded bad-ass back when i played it, and looked him up. was surprised it was Andy Serkis in one of his few "normal" roles.

PS. don't pay money for risen 2.

News Comments > X4 Details Today
29. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 27, 2017, 00:32 Nucas

for fuck's sake, someone just give me the freelancer successor i've wanted for 15 years.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
45. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 26, 2017, 04:11 Nucas

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 16:49:
Suckage wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 16:44:
What excuse does Valve have to not bring closure to HL?
Err, the excuse that no matter what they created they would be criticized.

pure cowardice and total bullshit aside.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
26. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 14:42 Nucas

there's been leak after leak over the years with anonymous employees all telling the same story - gabe newell doesn't want half life 3 made, despite the fairy tale "valve is a totally flat structure!!!" thing that always gets parroted.

the last one i saw by the funhaus guys a year or two back expanded on it further by saying a half life 3 project started to gel around 2010 but apparently the rabid over-reaction to the mass effect 3 ending caused gabe newell to declare it was too risky, among other factors. seeing a fan-base completely turn on a franchise and devalue the property, etc etc.

he probably feels pretty comfortable in that assessment now after seeing the mass effect franchise completely destroyed and 'retired' after the complete fucking hysterics people were in over andromeda.

News Comments > Tyranny Expansion Next Month
14. Re: Tyranny Expansion Next Month Aug 24, 2017, 05:01 Nucas

Jerykk wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 23:51:
You also get to make a lot of interesting choices that have a significant impact on the world around you.

i generally agree but i'm honestly blown away by how obsidian didn't anticipate how many people would embrace the role of evil viceroy in a game about being an evil viceroy, and needed to add fucking DLC to allow for that.

i was playing fatebinder straight right up until the end when suddenly tunon swears to me and everyone is asking what the plan is to defeat kyros. seemed to really come out of nowhere. pretty silly stuff.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
23. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 18:48 Nucas

Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 18:43:
Good job, EA. Another franchise you've ruined.

i got the impression from that post-mortem jason schreier wrote that the real issue wasn't executive meddling, but quite the opposite; bioware montreal needed firm management and never got it. someone needed to take ownership of the team and no one did.

i'm sure it's a factor that now the internet has totally lost the plot and morons who sincerely think they "have a good bead on things" are retroactively claiming bioware hasn't made a good game in 10 years, "sjws" ruined bioware, etc etc.

News Comments > Shenmue III Publishing Deal
3. Re: Shenmue III Publishing Deal Aug 18, 2017, 01:05 Nucas

distribution and marketing. this is nothing new. obsidian used paradox to distribute pillars of eternity for instance.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2017, 21:08 Nucas

i'd have probably upgraded at home by now but this is still primarily a gaming machine and i still get the urge to play retro stuff now and again. seems every time i go on gog or steam forums it's a chorus of "HOW TO GET WORKING ON W10???" guess i'll have to do it eventually whenever i decide it's time for a new mobo and cpu finally.  

785 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo